Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did not expect this outcome. What joy.
Be well, Joshua!!!

This has been all over the local news the last few days. I find it very bizarre someone from the hospital didn’t contact LE earlier so family didn’t go through so much suffering at least just to let them know he was ok. He did dial 911. Even with Hipaa privacy laws isn’t there an exception to let LE know in a missing person case he is safe? Maybe since LE found his abandoned car it made him an actual adult missing so therefore hospital was able to release to LE.

So if his car was not found family could have suffered even longer with him being so close in a hospital? This worries me because I live in LA and I have a son his age. I always worry about him so he could be in a hospital dying somewhere and hospital by law doesn’t have to report this to his family if he’s an adult and unconscious?

A poster here earlier mentioned his location was near that Samaritan hospital so they were correct.

fox news just now says he checked himself in after the car was found.
One of his friends is quoted as saying "he was out of it, probably drugs".
In my opinion, details could change.
Welcome back big guy! :happydance:

fox news just now says he checked himself in after the car was found.
One of his friends is quoted as saying "he was out of it, probably drugs".
In my opinion, details could change.

I read read about the drugs as well. I hope his wasn’t giving Uber Rides to folks while being under the influence of drugs.

Could have he really had the flu? Possible reaction to Tamiflu? I’ve heard some crazy stories about that drug.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

But why delete all social media accounts?

Yeah, that is puzzling. I know there has been some confusion as to if they were actually deleted or just inactive since his disappearance; I believe someone found his facebook and linked it earlier in the thread - not sure if it's okay to re-post here.

I will say, the reason this stuck out to me as a legitimate possibility - I know a couple of people who have had severe, psychological side effects as a result of taking Tamiflu. As someone who has anxiety/is prone to bouts of depression, I'm not sure I would take it in the event I did get the flu. Scary, scary stuff.

Unless there's a link, it's simply what I think!

<modsnip> We have seen that before. I hope he gets the treatment he needs...:candle:

It was clear this wasn&#8217;t a criminal case when someone was mindfully moving his car around on the same street for several days to likely coincide with street sweeping. He was moving it or his friends were. One suspects he only went into the hospital when things started spiraling on social media and in the press. Perhaps his friends helped him check into Good Samaritan once they found out what was really going on and to avoid further fallout. All JMO, of course.

https://twitter.com/AliciaSki/status/966007183174385664

.@LAPDHQ says Thiede was found last night in the 500 block of South Serrano. They determined he was in need of medical attention & he was taken to a local hospital, where he was identified. His disappearance is not considered criminal in nature. No further details released.

Mmmh so where was he for more than a week? Living out of his car? Staying with a friend? How odd.

He was found very close to his car. Less than a mile. He was either living in his car or knows someone on Kingsley. It was moved there several times over 3-4 says, according to a resident there. Even the most upstanding people have secret lives or hidden issues. I find it hard to believe this is flu related when his family didn&#8217;t mention that he was ill and they&#8217;d been in direct contact with his roommates daily. MOO.

To accentuate how awful the current reporting on the details/timeline of events is, I give you this FOX 11 news report [frankly, FOX 11 is by no means the only news outlet guessing details, but the only one I found that does it in the same news report].

While the article says:
"Joshua Thiede was found late Monday at Good Samaritan Hospital, Thiede's friends told FOX 11.]"

The video news report (which is based on what LAPD told the reporter) says:
"He was found by police last night and taken here to the Good Samaritan Hospital."

I tend to believe the LAPD version over the friends version but I could be wrong.

His phone was dead, and he may not have even known he was considered missing. I hope this handsome young man gets the help he needs and goes on to have a fulfilling life.

He was found very close to his car. Less than a mile. He was either living in his car or knows someone on Kingsley. It was moved there several times over 3-4 says, according to a resident there. Even the most upstanding people have secret lives or hidden issues. I find it hard to believe this is flu related when his family didn&#8217;t mention that he was ill and they&#8217;d been in direct contact with his roommates daily. MOO.

The LA Times says that he was found in the 500 block of South Serrano (The 2nd link is to the Google Street View for 500 South Serrano -- I think folks will find that @Coquette's comment that this is NOT a bad neighborhood is spot-on: very nice homes and lovely neighborhood)

Am I the only one who finds this excerpt very telling?

Thiede's mother previously told the Los Angeles Times that her son has been driving for Uber and Lyft while working on a prototype organic shoe made of pineapple and hemp.
Source: LA Times

Her son is missing and she goes out of her way to justify(?) his job (which she clearly looks down on) and present his goal/dream as his career (when clearly it's not). That's just strange.

Also, has she ever given a reason as to why she did not go to Los Angeles to assist in the search for her missing son?

The LA Times says that he was found in the 500 block of South Serrano (The 2nd link is to the Google Street View for 500 South Serrano -- I think folks will find that @Coquette's comment that this is NOT a bad neighborhood is spot-on: very nice homes and lovely neighborhood)

I&#8217;ll actually be there later this evening to meet a friend for tea at my favorite Korean Tea House. I&#8217;ll drive by the spot his car was found on my way there.

I think his friends and family will say anything nessesary to protect his reputation. I wholly understand that. That said, it was misleading for his friends to say he was &#8220;found&#8221; at Good Samaritan Hospital and imply he&#8217;d been there this entire time. LE has stated he was only picked up last night. That tells me so much. MOO.

I'm late, however I'm very happy he has been found. It was starting to look grim there for a second. I do hope he recovers and gets whatever help he needs.

What a strange case[emoji848]

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamR