Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://ktla.com/2018/02/17/lapd-off...are-driver-last-seen-in-downtown-los-angeles/
Janet Thiede, who described herself as the missing man’s mother, told KTLA her son had been in the L.A. area since college and was driving for Uber and Lyft to supplement his income while working on creating his own line of organic shoes
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-missing-man-20180217-story.html
She (mom) said he has been working on a prototype for an organic shoe made of pineapple and hemp.
Who was he working with on this?

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2018/02/...h-continues-for-missing-driver-joshua-thiede/
Thiede worked as a driver for both Uber and Lyft to earn extra money while planning a line of organic shoes, relatives explained on Facebook. They said his last fare was a 15 minute trip for Lyft on Sunday, Feb. 11.

His mother, Janet Thiede, said her son, or someone using his phone, made a 911 call at 2:30 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 12, but hung up without saying anything. The phone was later traced to Venice Boulevard and Burlington Avenue, but is no longer active.

The phone pinged at the1000 block of Wilshire Blvd

It was later traced to Venice Boulevard and Burlington Avenue.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/100...8ecd5eaef3f2b!2m2!1d-118.2809915!2d34.0423802
attachment.php

Attachments

• wilshire.jpg
    wilshire.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 557
Do 911 operators call the number back if there's a disconnection or a hang up?

I work at a hotel, and if anyone calls 911 from one of our hotel rooms and hangs up (happens more often than you'd think - little kids in rooms hitting buttons, there is a specific emergency button) the police call us back immediately and make sure we are not in need of assistance. I live in Wisconsin though, so things could be different. Unsure of how Cali handles that stuff.

It sounds to me like Josh picked up the wrong person... I hope to God he is found safe

I work at a hotel, and if anyone calls 911 from one of our hotel rooms and hangs up (happens more often than you'd think - little kids in rooms hitting buttons, there is a specific emergency button) the police call us back immediately and make sure we are not in need of assistance. I live in Wisconsin though, so things could be different. Unsure of how Cali handles that stuff.

It sounds to me like Josh picked up the wrong person... I hope to God he is found safe

I'm not too far from LA. It's a similar process here with 911. If someone from our school accidentally calls 911 and hangs up, the dispatcher calls back immediately. We frequently hear over the PA, "If you just called 911, please call the front office immediately." To dial out of the system you have to press 9 and then if it's a long distance call it's followed by a 1, of course. I'm not sure how the extra 1 gets in there, but this happens more often than it should. Of course, I suspect if the call comes from a school they will call back regardless with all of the violence happening these days. I can only surmise it would be similar for a citizen call.

We don't know that Joshua himself drove out, we only know the key fob went out. Anyone could have been driving the car and using the key fob and making the 911 call. ANY ONE!
Which is why I asked about the timing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

His last text to his friend on Sun 11th is odd since that's the last day anyone heard from him. He said he had the flu but yet he gave a Lyft ride. I hope he is just taking a break from everything and everyone for some reason.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cal...-Find-Missing-Rideshare-Driver-474432163.html

Thiede worked as a driver for both Uber and Lyft to earn extra money while planning a line of organic shoes, relatives explained on Facebook. They said his last fare was a 15 minute trip for Lyft on Sunday, Feb. 11.
Yokeena Jamar, Thiede's close friend, said Lyft has not given them any information about the last passenger Thiede may have driven.

Kevin Young, another of Thiede's friends, said he hasn't heard from him since receiving a text message last Sunday, Feb. 11. "The last message I got from him was him saying he was sick with the flu, so he couldn't get together over the weekend," Young said.

This is a longshot, but I thought this was very interesting. Home invasion robberies often use a stolen car. Look at the description of the car used in a home invasion on Monday morning, right after he went missing:

Our burglary on Three Springs Drive - updated information
As many of you know, our home on Kirsten Lee in Three Springs was burglarized on Monday, February 12, 2018 at approximately 10:41AM. Three hooded men broke into our home through our kitchen while my wife and baby were at home upstairs. When confronted by my wife, they fled. While inside they stole a $1500 bag, and caused some property damage. The L.A. County Sheriff's Department is working the investigation, and has some promising leads so far. I spoke with Detective Lewis this afternoon. He is asking that anyone who lives in the area, who has video or photographic evidence of a male hispanic knocking on, or ringing your door bell on the morning of February 12, 2018 call him or email him so that he can view your videos/photos. Detective Lewis's email is t1lewis@lasd.org, and his phone number is (818) 878-5538. You can also private message me. Detective Lewis also advised that a vehicle description for the probable vehicle used as the getaway vehicle which was provided by eyewitness and video surveillance of nearby homeowners, is a black, newer model Nissan Altima. I will attempt to attach photographs of the vehicle to this thread. If you either see, have seen, or have video or photos of this vehicle, PLEASE call Lost Hills Sheriffs immediately. The station number is (818) 878-1808. Thank you. I have reported this information to the police.

Description of vehicle involved – Color: Black, Make: Nissan, Model: Altima, Year: Newer, Type: Sedan, License Plate: Dealer plate

[This is a warning sent to people on My Neighborhood, about the crime. This home invasion was in Westlake Village, which is a suburb about 45 min north of where the phone was pinging last] ]

What if someone used a bogus lyft or Uber account--maybe spoofed one or stole someones cell or hacked a phone?

And they ordered a lyft, carjacked the driver, and did a home invasion early the next morning?

Oh yeah. Just ask my butt, which once decided to dial and call for emergency services. I guess my butt also hung up on them or they hung up on it after not hearing a response for a few seconds. I got a phone call from 911. It was weird. I had to explain what happened. I felt terrible.

I know that when I’ve mistakenly called as a receptionist (one of our extensions for a part of the hospital was 91-1...like really? Lol) and would immediately hang up, they’d call back, ask if I was okay, and they would keep me on the line until I completely reassured them everything was okay and explained what happened. This was in TX. I think in most states 911 will call the number back!

His last text to his friend on Sun 11th is odd since that's the last day anyone heard from him. He said he had the flu but yet he gave a Lyft ride. I hope he is just taking a break from everything and everyone for some reason.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/cal...-Find-Missing-Rideshare-Driver-474432163.html

Yokeena Jamar, Thiede's close friend, said Lyft has not given them any information about the last passenger Thiede may have driven.

Kevin Young, another of Thiede's friends, said he hasn't heard from him since receiving a text message last Sunday, Feb. 11. "The last message I got from him was him saying he was sick with the flu, so he couldn't get together over the weekend," Young said.

I can understand Lyft not giving them that info but I really hope they’ve given it to LE.

I hope he's just hiding out somewhere perhaps he owes someone money for his startup business or something. Maybe he deleted his accounts so he can't be tracked.

Do any of you remember a similar case of 27 yr old Eric Kohler a nice looking young producer from Gardena near LA who was missing for 10 days? His family and friends were frantic. He was found in LaPaz Mexico someone recognized him and posted the photos on the Internet. He ended up taking off because he admitted he was addicted to drugs.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LA-Missing-Producer-Found-Hollywood-Mexico-360629871.html

Eric breaks his silence why he went missing without telling friends and family.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/missing-vfx-producer-eric-kohler-850390

Oh yeah. Just ask my butt, which once decided to dial and call for emergency services. I guess my butt also hung up on them or they hung up on it after not hearing a response for a few seconds. I got a phone call from 911. It was weird. I had to explain what happened. I felt terrible.

Lol. You gave me a good laugh [emoji4]

I'm really scared for this young man. .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2