Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would feel better about the run off scenario if there was no 911 call. 911 will definitely call back. He clearly didn't answer or they would say he answered and said he was ok, or whatever. So it wasn't an accidental call, or he would have answered and explained.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The local news just said his friends are searching Runyon Canyon, where he likes to hike. Weird. What about the car? It's missing too! I wonder why they think he was hiking.

I would feel better about the run off scenario if there was no 911 call. 911 will definitely call back. He clearly didn't answer or they would say he answered and said he was ok, or whatever. So it wasn't an accidental call, or he would have answered and explained.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I agree. Isn't it strange LASD hasn't given any kind of presser or interview. I live near LA and haven't seen any LE on the news that they are actively looking for JT. That really bothers me and also that Lyft and Uber isn't giving out any info to the family. Is that due to privacy laws since he's an adult? I drive for Uber and Lyft and that really bothers me.

We don't know how well the phone was connected to his location. Could have been someone found it on the street. Some phones have ways of looking at the owner of the phone even if you can't unlock it, so a lost phone can find its way home. I know mine does because I set it up. There's an "emergency" button - but what does that does, I assume calls 911.

Then maybe the now-abandoned cell phone gets picked up by someone thinking they can get a free cell phone. And if it wasn't plugged in for a day, it probably was out of battery by then.

I agree. Isn't it strange LASD hasn't given any kind of presser or interview. I live near LA and haven't seen any LE on the news that they are actively looking for JT. That really bothers me and also that Lyft and Uber isn't giving out any info to the family. Is that due to privacy laws since he's an adult? I drive for Uber and Lyft and that really bothers me.

Yes. LE, yes, most sites will have instructions for law enforcement accessible to the Internet (sometimes a warrant, sometimes there is a way to streamline things if there is a more urgent issue, depends on the company.) There generally isn't much of a procedure for family to get information from electronic accounts without something like a death certificate and a will or something that names the trustee for the accounts. If you have a Google account, you can (for instance) set it up so that a friend/family member will get complete access to your account if it hasn't been accessed in months.

LE is the best place for that kind of data to go - forensics people are very well trained in sifting through the data.

There are lots of big buildings at 1000 Wilshire where he was last seen. I’ve been through there many times. Many of those building should have security cameras. There should be footage. I hope LE is already on top of this. A friend of his on an LA Uber and Lyft Forum I belong to says his mom is inconsolable and Lyft wants Subpoenas and other documents in order to release the info. The friend said no way would he go missing without telling his Mom, roommates or friends.

I hope he's just hiding out somewhere perhaps he owes someone money for his startup business or something. Maybe he deleted his accounts so he can't be tracked.

Do any of you remember a similar case of 27 yr old Eric Kohler a nice looking young producer from Gardena near LA who was missing for 10 days? His family and friends were frantic. He was found in LaPaz Mexico someone recognized him and posted the photos on the Internet. He ended up taking off because he admitted he was addicted to drugs.

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/LA-Missing-Producer-Found-Hollywood-Mexico-360629871.html

Eric breaks his silence why he went missing without telling friends and family.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/missing-vfx-producer-eric-kohler-850390

bbm
I think it was who said upthread that they aren't deleted, just inactive.

If he really had the flu, would he still be out driving for Uber/Lyft?

The person who took a ride from Joshua that day may come forward and tell LE. There's no rule against someone voluntarily speaking out. I wonder why no one has said they caught a ride with Joshua that day, knowing eventually LE will find out.

There are lots of big buildings at 1000 Wilshire where he was last seen. I’ve been through there many times. Many of those building should have security cameras. There should be footage. I hope LE is already on top of this. A friend of his on an LA Uber and Lyft Forum I belong to says his mom is inconsolable and Lyft wants Subpoenas and other documents in order to release the info. The friend said no way would he go missing without telling his Mom, roommates or friends.

My heart truly breaks for Joshua’s mom. Poor woman needs answers!

While at work co-workers have accidentally called 911 due to us having to dial 9 to call out and once when my fiance and I were in a hotel she accidentally dialed 911 because of a similar dial out issue and on all occasions the police called back and even showed up in person to verify that everything was okay. Not sure how things are done in LA being it's a larger city though.

ETA: hoping Josh is found safely! Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends that they find answers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hopefully LE can find and speak to the last person he picked up. Could it be possible as Josh dropped someone off someone else approached his car. Maybe as he sat at a light? Possible robbery of his tips?
Prayers to his Mother and friends for answers soon.

Sent from my Z851M using Tapatalk

I don't think the 911 call was accidental. jmo

Do we know the general area Joshua lives in? Has anyone mapped the routes from Wiltshire Blvd back to his place? Are any searches planned?

So let's talk about possibilities and debate which is most likely:

1) He was abducted (911 call seems to point to this, though abducting an adult male is rare)
2) He ran away and staged an abduction (Lack of LE comments may suggest this)
3) He drove off the road somewhere and is stuck in a canyon or lake or something (911 call could suggest this)

Any other possibilities? Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46
Back