Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
*****Mods please delete if this post is against the rules***** I am local to this area and I swear I read or heard that a man living in the general area of the disappearance called police saying a car fitting the description of Josh's, was parked in front of his house "for a few days" but is no longer there. I am trying frantically to verify where I came up with this info. I'm posting in case someone else might have heard this info as well? Probably not since no one has mentioned it.

Missing Uber driver update: Joshua Thiede’s mom said his phone last pinged from address here on Burlington. Homeowner said car matching description of Thiede’s was parked in front of his house for few days this week. I’ll have more on ever-changing story @ 5 & 6 on CBS2 &
8 on KCAL9.

Found it! Posted by Greg Mills a journalist for KCAL 9 News

This is very concerning to me

The dented back bumper concerns me. One of the ways that perps carjack people is by hitting them from behind. Then when the driver gets out to look at back of the car, they can be over powered and it goes downhill quick.

My nephew drives for uber and lyft. I asked him about this case, and if he feels safe driving for them.

He said he feels very safe with the customers as they are 'known' customers etc.

But he did say that the 'dangerous' element is that he often is sitting in his car, hanging and waiting for his next call. If he drives someone an hour away from his home, he does not want to drive back without a paid passenger. It is only profitable to drive if he waits a bit to get a paid return trip.

So he said that he sits in his car in McDonalds parking lots or grocery store lots, and waits for a call for pick up. And he does feel vulnerable at those times. Also, sometimes people will approach his car, because of the uber sticker, and assertively demand a ride, without calling in.

Agree. That part of Wilshire is a business area, not residential, so I had assumed he was working when he disappeared. Until just now when I realized he lived there. (Side note: that's a weird place to live. It is VERY expensive to live right in the business district in Downtown LA.) We are talking thousands of dollars a month in rent, per roommate. How many roommates were there? I know we probably can't sleuth them, but do we know anything about them?

I live in L.A. and spend time in the area where Joshua went missing. Statements from LE state he lived on the 1000 block of Wilshire Blvd, north of the 110. That’s near Good Samaritan Hospital and the Westlake District, not the heart of DTLA. This is not the main business district. It’s actually more affordable than many areas in L.A. right now. MOO.

ETA: I use Uber and Lyft regularly. One of my last Lyft drivers lived right off of Wilshire Blvd., behind Good Samaritan Hospital.

Yes, he couldn't see his friends because of the flu but gives Lyft rides that day. Unless he just didn't want to hang out with the friend. Last night on my local news the family and friends said they were pretty sure he would be found. What could that mean?

Perhaps that they’re aware of a mental health issue. MOO.

The dented back bumper concerns me. One of the ways that perps carjack people is by hitting them from behind. Then when the driver gets out to look at back of the car, they can be over powered and it goes downhill quick.

My nephew drives for uber and lyft. I asked him about this case, and if he feels safe driving for them.

He said he feels very safe with the customers as they are 'known' customers etc.

But he did say that the 'dangerous' element is that he often is sitting in his car, hanging and waiting for his next call. If he drives someone an hour away from his home, he does not want to drive back without a paid passenger. It is only profitable to drive if he waits a bit to get a paid return trip.

So he said that he sits in his car in McDonalds parking lots or grocery store lots, and waits for a call for pick up. And he does feel vulnerable at those times. Also, sometimes people will approach his car, because of the uber sticker, and assertively demand a ride, without calling in.

My Brother in law drives Uber LA exclusively including LAX. He has been doing it for 2yrs. He says he gets very sketchy people, lots of gang bangers, drug addicts, crazy, homeless, etc. riders have even left drugs in his car. There are many areas of LA very bad and gang infested. He avoids rides there. He’s been threatened before. He never feels safe but needs the extra money. He carries a Tazer, pepper spray, and a big baton flashlight like the cops carry.

Wow! I think LE has the locations.

"His phone's last pings were in two locations in a Pico-Union neighborhood, not far from where he was last seen. But since then, his phone has either been turned off or died."

Yes, I agree. It was the ping on Burlington that led them to an address where his car, possibly, had been parked for days.

Where was the phone Tuesday night, and where was it Wednesday night? The phone was also at Burlington, so must be in the car. When did the car leave the Burlington location?

Where was the phone Tuesday night, and where was it Wednesday night? The phone was also at Burlington, so must be in the car. When did the car leave the Burlington location?

We, the public, don't know those answers.

Wow! I think LE has the locations.

"His phone's last pings were in two locations in a Pico-Union neighborhood, not far from where he was last seen. But since then, his phone has either been turned off or died."

A homeowner in that area has stated he saw a car matching Joshua’s sitting in front of his house for several days last week. It sounds like his car was possibly moved from that location to another. IMO, this is either an elaborate attempt to cover up a deadly crime, a mental illness/addiction issue, or an intentional disappearance.

https://twitter.com/gregmillstvnews/status/965338988734136320

I don't think Josh is voluntary missing. :( The car was placed not too far from home, within walking distance. I suspect it will be found again also within walking distance from his home. jmo

*****Mods please delete if this post is against the rules***** I am local to this area and I swear I read or heard that a man living in the general area of the disappearance called police saying a car fitting the description of Josh's, was parked in front of his house "for a few days" but is no longer there. I am trying frantically to verify where I came up with this info. I'm posting in case someone else might have heard this info as well? Probably not since no one has mentioned it.

I heard this too. It was on the NBC news last night at 11.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/02/18/missing-uber-driver-911-call/
No one has heard from Thiede since and all of his social media accounts have been deleted.

A homeowner told Mills he believe he saw Thiede’s car parked in front of his home.

“I drive out,” says Danny Perez, “I notice the car. I notice it but didn’t pay attention to what it was.” He says it was parked there for “a couple of days.”

The local news just said his friends are searching Runyon Canyon, where he likes to hike. Weird. What about the car? It's missing too! I wonder why they think he was hiking.

That is weird. I live right by Runyon and hike there. I find it odd that people close to him think he might have just gone on some sort of walkabout. I feel like there are crucial pieces of information not being shared publicly that would lead them to think this is even a remote possibility. MOO.

That is weird. I live close to Runyon and hike there. I find it odd that people close to him think he might have just gone on some sort of walkabout. I feel like there are crucial pieces of information not being shared publicly that would lead them to think this is even a remote possibility. MOO.

You and I live parallel lives! LOL! Maybe we should go on a hike, get some exercise, and look for him! ;-) I know, I thought that was really weird too. But I'm giving serious side-eye to the roommates, so I wonder if the family/friends are thinking that he's off hiking because they are getting bad info from the roomies.

This case reminds me so much of Mitrice Richardson, and we all know how that turned out.

Phone last pinged 1200 Venice after Burlington location.

1200 Venice Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90006
https://goo.gl/maps/ft4zNvJsUir
8925214e662ee0e13c5280bff3b620ff.jpg

You and I live parallel lives! LOL! Maybe we should go on a hike, get some exercise, and look for him! ;-) I know, I thought that was really weird too. But I'm giving serious side-eye to the roommates, so I wonder if the family/friends are thinking that he's off hiking because they are getting bad info from the roomies.

This case reminds me so much of Mitrice Richardson, and we all know how that turned out.

RBBM. Parallel side-eye as well. Seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PamR
Back