Found Alive CA - Joshua Thiede, 29, Los Angeles, 11 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree. That part of Wilshire is a business area, not residential, so I had assumed he was working when he disappeared. Until just now when I realized he lived there. (Side note: that's a weird place to live. It is VERY expensive to live right in the business district in Downtown LA.) We are talking thousands of dollars a month in rent, per roommate. How many roommates were there? I know we probably can't sleuth them, but do we know anything about them?

Especially if he’s working to make ends meet while he makes up the prototype for his invention.

I just saw it being towed on Ch 7. It looked like the front driver side tire & wheel was missing? I can't be 100% sure, but it looked that way.

Maybe someone stole his car from where it was parked to steal the wheels/tires. I couldn't see the passenger one, so IDK, but the driver side sure looked missing from the angle I saw.
That happens A LOT in LA; especially with certain types of cars.
His is a sought after kind amongst gangsters.

BBM The video I just watched showed the car being towed by LE and it had all 4 tires/wheels intact.

It's been a week today since last seen. No way would a car owner of a nice car just leave their car parked on the streets of LA for a week. His car is a criminal magnet. I pray he's ok but this is not good. Please be ok Josh. [emoji45]

attachment.php
Does anyone know what this area is like? Gang territory? Can someone Google an exact location?

Not a good neighborhood; especially at night. There are definitely gangs there.

Look closely at the driver side wheel area.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 117
Especially if he’s working to make ends meet while he makes up the prototype for his invention.

My 27 yr son lives in a nice two story home in Irvine, CA All college degree kids with good paying jobs. It takes 5 roommates to pay the rent.

I just saw it being towed on Ch 7. It looked like the front driver side tire & wheel was missing? I can't be 100% sure, but it looked that way.

Maybe someone stole his car from where it was parked to steal the wheels/tires. I couldn't see the passenger one, so IDK, but the driver side sure looked missing from the angle I saw.
That happens A LOT in LA; especially with certain types of cars.
His is a sought after kind amongst gangsters.

A Nissan Altima has hubcaps, not wheels. They are not at all sought after by thieves.

Not a good neighborhood; especially at night. There are definitely gangs there.

I respectfully disagree that this is not a good neighborhood. Yes, there are Korean gangs in Koreatown. We have them throughout L.A. Koreatown has had a lot of gentrification recently and it has become a hip place to live with property prices and rents to match. As you go up Kingsley a bit further North you get some beautiful old apartment buildings. I’ve visited friends there.

I respectfully disagree that this is not a good neighborhood. Yes, there are Korean gangs in Koreatown. We have them throughout L.A. Koreatown has had a lot of gentrification recently and it has become a hip place to live with property prices and rents to match. As you go up Kingsley a bit further North you get some beautiful old apartment buildings. I’ve visited friends there.

I agree with you. It isn't Beverly Hills. But it isn't Watts. It is a normal LA neighborhood. Not particularly dangerous. I would park my car there to visit friends or go to a restaurant without a second thought.

So what does everyone think? I'm thinking car jacking and car was abandoned. Maybe LE ought to start checking dumpsters in the areas where his cell pinged. Today is a holiday so trash won't be picked up today. I'm sorry but this is not looking good. I drive for both uber and Lyft. If something bad happened to JT Its time to quit this is too close to home. Im hearing more and more of killings and rapes of rideshare drivers. Not worth it IMHO.

I don't think it was a carjacking. I think it was someone closer to home, so to speak. Someone who knew him, used the car to dump him somewhere, then dumped the car. I hope there are lots of HD security cameras in that area that have backed up their footage for a week!

I don't think it was a carjacking. I think it was someone closer to home, so to speak. Someone who knew him, used the car to dump him somewhere, then dumped the car. I hope there are lots of HD security cameras in that area that have backed up their footage for a week!

Your probably right because of the deactivated social media accounts. I still wasn’t clear if the accounts are deactivated or no activity.

Usually these crime are about drugs, money or both.

Am I the only one wondering if he really had the flu??? Maybe it was a cover....better than saying sorry I made other plans lol

:thinking:
I also wondered about this. Someone had started a list of possible scenarios, but I'm not finding the post easily on Tapatalk.

Spitballing possibilities. How might Josh's car have wound up parked a week later without Josh in it?

1. Had flu, but felt better on Sunday. Decided to get a few Uber/Lyft runs in and was carjacked.

2. Same scenario, but experienced car trouble. Something happened to him while he was checking out the car.

3. Never had the flu. Used that as a reason not to get together with friends without hurting their feelings. Decided to get a few Uber/Lyft runs in. Same outcome as in #1 and #2.

4. Never had the flu. Went to meet someone via Tinder/Grindr in Koreatown. Possibly went out on a date, which accounts for pings in other areas. Returned to person's home/apartment in Koreatown. This person harmed Josh.

5. Used the flu as a way to mask something else. Depression? If he needed money, could he have been selling drugs? (No judgment here. Merely brainstorming all possibilities.)

Very worried about the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It is a much nicer neighborhood than where the phone was pinging on Venice Blvd. That area of Venice Blvd is hardcore gang territory and not a safe place to hang out.

:( How far away ON FOOT is the car's location from his home? Can someone please map it?

It is a much nicer neighborhood than where the phone was pinging on Venice Blvd. That area of Venice Blvd is hardcore gang territory and not a safe place to hang out.

I believe the first ping 911 call was from the Venice block the gang area address. Can someone please confirm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back