Found Deceased CA - Juan Carlos "Cookie" Hernandez, 21, Los Angeles, 22 Sept 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
May Juan be found safe soon.

It seems odd that weeks later it's unclear whether he actually worked his shift.

If he did, I wonder if he left alone.

Can't they try to track the vehicle's path using highway (and other) cameras -- and what have they learned?

They must have information they don't want to release so the case isn't jeopardized.
But it seems like LE needs to provide families with better resources for what to do when a loved-one goes missing. Also to help the families feel a better sense of communication from them.
I have the same questions. Unfortunately, today is 6 weeks of his disappearance and I haven’t been given any information on what has been done to hell find him.

It seems odd that weeks later it's unclear whether he actually worked his shift.

Can't they try to track the vehicle's path using highway (and other) cameras -- and what have they learned?

They must have information they don't want to release so the case isn't jeopardized.
But it seems like LE needs to provide families with better resources for what to do when a loved-one goes missing. Also to help the families feel a better sense of communication from them.
I have the same questions. Unfortunately, today is 6 weeks of his disappearance and I haven’t been given any information on what has been done to hell find him.
Who was the last confirmed to see him? Do we know?
Yajaira had written in her earlier post, #33:
“unfortunately, his coworkers didn’t see him get into the vehicle. They just saw him walking away”
which, presumably, was after the shop closed at 10pm.

So it’s odd, isn’t it, that the latest LAPD update is saying:
“Juan was actually last seen on September 22, 2020, around 3:00 p.m., in the 8100 block of South Western Avenue in Los Angeles.”

That’s the time his shift was supposed to have started at the dispensary—at 3:00.

So, is it just another error on the part of whoever is writing these LAPD updates? Or...is it a clue of some sort? If so, what could it mean. Yajaira said she spoke to Juan’s friends who affirmed they saw Juan at 3:00-ish. Is LAPD saying that is the last confirmed sighting? What about his presence at the shop for work—he was only seen at the start of his shift?

Yajaira, did Juan’s friends see him at work inside the dispensary shop, or was it somewhere else before he actually left to go to the shop?

Do you know what kind of work they have him do at the dispensary? I had been presuming it involved working with customers behind a counter, but a thought came to me that these shops might also employ people to make deliveries.
His friends saw him before this shift started. They ate and hung out elsewhere.
Juan was what they call a bud tender... he worked behind the counter. As far as I know from folks that have shared on my INstagram posts

Who was the last confirmed to see him? Do we know?
Yajaira had written in her earlier post, #33:
“unfortunately, his coworkers didn’t see him get into the vehicle. They just saw him walking away”
which, presumably, was after the shop closed at 10pm.

So it’s odd, isn’t it, that the latest LAPD update is saying:
“Juan was actually last seen on September 22, 2020, around 3:00 p.m., in the 8100 block of South Western Avenue in Los Angeles.”

That’s the time his shift was supposed to have started at the dispensary—at 3:00.

So, is it just another error on the part of whoever is writing these LAPD updates? Or...is it a clue of some sort? If so, what could it mean. Yajaira said she spoke to Juan’s friends who affirmed they saw Juan at 3:00-ish. Is LAPD saying that is the last confirmed sighting? What about his presence at the shop for work—he was only seen at the start of his shift?

Yajaira, did Juan’s friends see him at work inside the dispensary shop, or was it somewhere else before he actually left to go to the shop?

Do you know what kind of work they have him do at the dispensary? I had been presuming it involved working with customers behind a counter, but a thought came to me that these shops might also employ people to make deliveries.
His friends saw him before this shift started. They ate and hung out elsewhere.
Juan was what they call a bud tender... he worked behind the counter. As far as I know from folks that have shared on my INstagram posts
“The Los Angeles City Council voted on an emergency motion on Tuesday to try to raise $50,000 in reward money for credible information that leads to the whereabouts of Juan Carlos Hernandez, 21,....”

This was good news to read this! Maybe money will make someone talk.
Here is a link to the article:

LA City Council votes to create reward fund for info on South LA missing man, 21
unfortunately, lapd has not haven the okay for the city to announce this. I spoke to an assemblyman Who said they’re waiting for the green light to give out a press conference on this. I find it weird as I also thought this could help with someone coming forward with any details.

Is he on your Verizon account? I understand from what you can see, his phone is off. But if you share a plan, is it possible for you to pull up his Google timeline map and see his locations up until the time the phone was powered off?
Trust me. I did this. The line is mine and yes, he is in my family plan. However, when I tried pulling his info on google, it stated that he wasn’t enrolled in it.
Thank you for continuing to give me ideas on what I can do.

I have no other suggestions (you are a rock star, doing what you can) and nothing but love and support to offer, which doesn't help find your son... but please know that some strangers have been touched by Cookie's smile and the kind words you have shared about him. It is so very sad that anyone has to go through this - being cautious what to say here but i am hoping you get answers soon. Not knowing is simply the worst... your mind goes everywhere... Keep at it, mama! Take anything that anyone wants to offer - be it money or boots on the ground help.

Hello, I am truly sorry your son is missing. I hope you have a good support system right now. Could you request a meeting with the officer(s) assigned to your son's case? Let them know you really need to know at least generally what's been done, ask about traffic cameras, ask if they have any resources or suggestions for you?

I want to keep Juan's disappearance high up on the front page; I will post any and all news as I am vigilantly looking and searching for updates. He deserves to be found. I hope to God he is safe somewhere. I am praying for you Yajaira.

6598132_092720-kabc-sat-11pm-juan-hernandez-vid.jpg

123339629_3429795990461070_3414734500823145647_o.jpg

Matthew Finnerty (@spikeslater) on TikTok

Facebook Groups

I want to keep Juan's disappearance high up on the front page; I will post any and all news as I am vigilantly looking and searching for updates. He deserves to be found. I hope to God he is safe somewhere. I am praying for you Yajaira.

6598132_092720-kabc-sat-11pm-juan-hernandez-vid.jpg

123339629_3429795990461070_3414734500823145647_o.jpg

Matthew Finnerty (@spikeslater) on TikTok

Facebook Groups
Thank you!!! I appreciate this very much.

feel free to follow me me Instagram at prinzess_YaYa as I post there all the time in regards to Juan.

Hello, I am truly sorry your son is missing. I hope you have a good support system right now. Could you request a meeting with the officer(s) assigned to your son's case? Let them know you really need to know at least generally what's been done, ask about traffic cameras, ask if they have any resources or suggestions for you?
I have done this. Even in person they say they’re investigating and working on it. They won’t share an leads or theories with me.

I have no other suggestions (you are a rock star, doing what you can) and nothing but love and support to offer, which doesn't help find your son... but please know that some strangers have been touched by Cookie's smile and the kind words you have shared about him. It is so very sad that anyone has to go through this - being cautious what to say here but i am hoping you get answers soon. Not knowing is simply the worst... your mind goes everywhere... Keep at it, mama! Take anything that anyone wants to offer - be it money or boots on the ground help.
Thank you!!!!

I thought I would share this with everyone here.

thank you everyone for your support and interest with finding my son Juan.
YESSSS. I emailed John and asked him to cover Juan and he did. So very happy to see this. The more eyes on his case the better! He will be found, Yajaira. Sending you big hugs.

It is no problem at all. He talks about some interesting aspects that I didn't know! The whole "it isn't a criminal investigation but also we're sending it to robbery/homicide" thing. What the heck.
That’s what I’ve been questioning the authorities and councilmen too. It’s been weird and fishy since day one.

The LordanARTs Brainscratch Searchlight video on Juan was very well done. kelsie, how wonderful of you to give John Lordan the suggestion to highlight Juan’s case. Great idea!

Since we have no new information to consider, I thought I’d think again about what we know so far, and see if any more questions or thoughts come to mind.

So, I was thinking about how all Juan’s items were missing from the car, like his phone, wallet and backpack (if I’m remembering right) and what might that imply.

Yajaira has stated she received a text from Juan at or just before 10 pm, so everything appeared to be Juan’s usual pattern, up to that point. So, I assume the text was made right as the shop was closing up. Whatever happened occurred soon after the text.

So, he walks out of the bldg with the intent to get in the car and drive home. Where was he parked? In Google Maps, it seems there is a lot behind the shop, enclosed by a chain-link fence. Is that where employees parked, or did they have to find parking wherever they could find it on nearby streets? Did he even ever make it to the car?

If Juan did make it to the car, and was the one to leave the car where it was later located, why would he leave the car idling?

if Juan did make it to the car and started driving home, then was suddenly forced out of the car as in a carjacking situation, why wouldn’t his belongings be in the car? I guess a phone and wallet could remain on his person, but what of his backpack?

I mentioned earlier my lack of knowledge of how a keyless car works. If, say, the key fob was in Juan’s pocket when a carjacking happened and he was forced out, is the car able to keep running even when the key fob is no longer nearby? How do you turn off a keyless car if you don’t have the remote fob? Could that be why it was still running, that a carjacker didn’t know how to shut it off?

Just some thoughts, and MOO.

The LordanARTs Brainscratch Searchlight video on Juan was very well done. kelsie, how wonderful of you to give John Lordan the suggestion to highlight Juan’s case. Great idea!

Since we have no new information to consider, I thought I’d think again about what we know so far, and see if any more questions or thoughts come to mind.

So, I was thinking about how all Juan’s items were missing from the car, like his phone, wallet and backpack (if I’m remembering right) and what might that imply.

Yajaira has stated she received a text from Juan at or just before 10 pm, so everything appeared to be Juan’s usual pattern, up to that point. So, I assume the text was made right as the shop was closing up. Whatever happened occurred soon after the text.

So, he walks out of the bldg with the intent to get in the car and drive home. Where was he parked? In Google Maps, it seems there is a lot behind the shop, enclosed by a chain-link fence. Is that where employees parked, or did they have to find parking wherever they could find it on nearby streets? Did he even ever make it to the car?

If Juan did make it to the car, and was the one to leave the car where it was later located, why would he leave the car idling?

if Juan did make it to the car and started driving home, then was suddenly forced out of the car as in a carjacking situation, why wouldn’t his belongings be in the car? I guess a phone and wallet could remain on his person, but what of his backpack?

I mentioned earlier my lack of knowledge of how a keyless car works. If, say, the key fob was in Juan’s pocket when a carjacking happened and he was forced out, is the car able to keep running even when the key fob is no longer nearby? How do you turn off a keyless car if you don’t have the remote fob? Could that be why it was still running, that a carjacker didn’t know how to shut it off?

Just some thoughts, and MOO.
From my knowledge everyone parked on the street... that lot isn’t available to them. But I can’t say that 100_%. Unfortunately, I don’t know how keyless cars work. I did turn it on and then walked away. The car remained on for 3-5 minutes and then turned off.
Hopefully, someone knows more how these cars work.

Im really shocked they cannot seem to verify him leaving the dispensary after work? Inside and out they cover every inch of the property with security cameras, not to mention every single dispensary I've visited in IL, CO, CA, WA, and OR have security on staff and present at all times. curious to know if anyone has every experienced something different...
just a few thoughts...

MOO

to clarify. This is his mother. The car was recovered with all MY belongings inside. None of Juan’s things were inside my car when it was found.

Juan was last seen on 9/22 around 10:01 after leaving work. Not on 9/26 on the 3200 blocks of adams BLVd. That information is incorrect.
Thank you for clarifying for us.
WELCOME TO WS-- I am so sorry it is under these circumstances.
We are all praying that Juan is found safe and hopefully soon !!
I have shared his Missing poster and articles in my SM groups and Missing Persons group, trying to get everyone to share and be on the look out for him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back