GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The ex has supposedly been cleared, and they must have a reason for stating that.

He has? I thought he was just cooperative with questioning.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Interesting comment from 6 hours ago on the "Help Find Julia" Facebook page on the Day 22 post, in reference to the Ontario video.

Interesting comment from 6 hours ago on the "Help Find Julia" Facebook page on the Day 22 post, in reference to the Ontario video.

Here is the direct link https://www.facebook.com/search4julia/posts/350987505359300

LE likely cannot risk the video or information getting to the media, so will rightly not show it to the family or public. However frustrating that is, my hope is her family realizes it is part of how these things work to ensure a conviction later on if it turns out there is foul play.

According to what was said about the texts (Family thinks the texts weren't Julia writing) Julia was going to Palm Springs and then Big Bear the following day - that would be the 3rd. But given it was a weekend and the Labor Day weekend to boot, I expect there would be similar difficulty in obtaining a place to stay without advanced reservations in Palm Springs as well. Either way there is no indication that she made it to Palm Springs, let alone Big Bear.
Yikes, on Labor Day weekend, it would be very difficult to find a hotel room in Palm Springs and especially Big Bear without advanced reservations- even if one has the money for an impulsive stay in a luxury resort.

The need for advance reservations increases the chance that she would have told family and friends of her plans.
I think you are right and it is very important to learn if she had reservations and if she told her friends of her plans. No experienced SOCAL resident would make an impulsive trip to those places on Labor Day Weekend.

Yup, I said that a couple of pages ago, that if she had in fact gotten to Palm Springs, LE should have checked around with the different hotel/motels to find out if she had a reservation.

Yikes, on Labor Day weekend, it would be very difficult to find a hotel room in Palm Springs and especially Big Bear without advanced reservations- even if one has the money for an impulsive stay in a luxury resort.

The need for advance reservations increases the chance that she would have told family and friends of her plans.
I think you are right and it is very important to learn if she had reservations and if she told her friends of her plans. No experienced SOCAL resident would make an impulsive trip to those places on Labor Day Weekend.
BBM. Yes, I believe that is the case. So that leads me to consider that it could have been someone unfamiliar with the problem of doing what the texts indicated or that the sender of the texts knew (or thought they knew) the recipient wouldn't know of such difficulties.

I suppose it is possible that the implications of the texts were that she would return home and then drive back out to Palm Springs and Big Bear the next day That could be why her car was dumped where it was. Maybe I have been misinterpreting the texts all along.

When was the car left near her home? Do we know the date/time?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LE only said when it was found (Sept 7)

What is the thinking on this?
I would think her neighborhood was on high alert by that time. That makes me think the car wasn't sitting there for days without being spotted. Is it logical to think it was parked there the 6th at the earliest?

What is the thinking on this?
I would think her neighborhood was on high alert by that time. That makes me think the car wasn't sitting there for days without being spotted. Is it logical to think it was parked there the 6th at the earliest?

The missing persons report was not filed until Wednesday, 9/6.

IF LE knows who she was with, they are probably doing their very best to piece a timeline together. The first priority, however, is finding Julia and Boogie.

Remember, LE basically said more or less, "we find Boogie, we find Julia". I wonder why they said it that way...

IF LE knows who she was with, they are probably doing their very best to piece a timeline together. The first priority, however, is finding Julia and Boogie.

Remember, LE basically said more or less, "we find Boogie, we find Julia". I wonder why they said it that way...
Interesting

Yikes, on Labor Day weekend, it would be very difficult to find a hotel room in Palm Springs and especially Big Bear without advanced reservations--even if one has the money for an impulsive stay in a luxury resort.

No experienced SOCAL resident would make an impulsive trip to those places on Labor Day Weekend.

All of the above is absolutely accurate. If Julia was really planning a trip to Big Bear on a holiday weekend (by way of Palm Springs, which I think is absurd), she would have had no choice but to have arranged for lodging ahead of time. It appears that she was close enough to several members of her family to have told at least one of them of those plans.

I have no idea whether or not she deliberately concealed those plans from her family, but if she did--and then disappeared that same weekend--that's another layer of this onion that would need to be dissected very carefully.

Alternative scenario: I still believe that traveling to Ontario as an interim stop before traveling up to Big Bear (at night, no less) only makes sense if she was meeting someone close to there to continue that journey. (We know she met her ex, but we don't know where.)

This lady did not make an "impulsive" trip to Palm Springs with plans to go to Big Bear the following day on Labor Day weekend. Either she made those plans and kept them secret, or the texts indicating that she was making that journey were made by someone else to obfuscate her disappearance.

Personally, I think those texts are a ruse--and that makes them an important clue.

Someone, on that Saturday, was associated with her trip to Ontario that caused Julia and her dog to disappear. That same person drove her car back to San Diego close to her home--but not to her home--to make it appear that she returned to SD and was abducted *there*, perhaps?

Whoever did this knew where Julia lived and knew ahead of time that she had a dog that had to be dealt with as well. (How long they knew about the dog is uncertain.)

All of this, of course, is just my opinion--but I think her disappearance was the result of a premeditated act. Whoever carried this out had to have some sort of plan.

I think the likelihood of a random stranger being responsible for Julia and her dog's vanishing act into thin air is pretty remote.

All of the above is absolutely accurate. If Julia was really planning a trip to Big Bear on a holiday weekend (by way of Palm Springs, which I think is absurd), she would have had no choice but to have arranged for lodging ahead of time. It appears that she was close enough to several members of her family to have told at least one of them of those plans.

I have no idea whether or not she deliberately concealed those plans from her family, but if she did--and then disappeared that same weekend--that's another layer of this onion that would need to be dissected very carefully.

Alternative scenario: I still believe that traveling to Ontario as an interim stop before traveling up to Big Bear (at night, no less) only makes sense if she was meeting someone close to there to continue that journey. (We know she met her ex, but we don't know where.)

This lady did not make an "impulsive" trip to Palm Springs with plans to go to Big Bear the following day on Labor Day weekend. Either she made those plans and kept them secret, or the texts indicating that she was making that journey were made by someone else to obfuscate her disappearance.

Personally, I think those texts are a ruse--and that makes them an important clue.

Someone, on that Saturday, was associated with her trip to Ontario that caused Julia and her dog to disappear. That same person drove her car back to San Diego close to her home--but not to her home--to make it appear that she returned to SD and was abducted *there*, perhaps?

Whoever did this knew where Julia lived and knew ahead of time that she had a dog that had to be dealt with as well. (How long they knew about the dog is uncertain.)

All of this, of course, is just my opinion--but I think her disappearance was the result of a premeditated act. Whoever carried this out had to have some sort of plan.

I think the likelihood of a random stranger being responsible for Julia and her dog's vanishing act into thin air is pretty remote.

Sadly, this is what I've been thinking too. Hoping and praying she's safe somewhere but every day that seems less and less likely.

True, I don't think a random stranger would have driven her car back to San Diego, even if they had her ID and found out where she lived. Criminals like to distance themselves from their crimes. If it were a stranger or a crime of opportunity, they would have gotten out of Dodge as soon as they were finished and not spent hours in her vehicle driving it back to SD or parked it close to her home. A stranger wouldn't know if she was suppose to meet someone who would report her missing immediately or not.

To me, this has all the markings of someone she not only knows, but someone who wanted to cause her harm. IMO

Hi, I'm new to this forum and I wouldn't consider myself a good sleuther, but this case has struck a cord with me since I have a wheaten and we follow Boogie on IG.

I think I read somewhere that Boogie is protective of Julia and one wouldn't go anywhere without the other. I think this is the main reason I'm so emotionally invested; because my wheaten and I are like this.

I've been trying to search shelters and rescues in the Ontario, San Diego, Palm Springs, Big Bear, and LA areas...there are so many. I've even tried Arizona and I thought about searching rescues along the route from California to points east (AZ), but I'm a student and low on time. Wheatens are not common dogs and based on my own experience, are often mistaken for Doodles. If anyone else is searching shelters, check for doodles too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back