GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe they had some loose end financial things to wrap up? I found that their house sold in March 2017. Boogie is in one of the house photos on redfin. I found the house using ex name so not linking it here.

Maybe they had some loose end financial things to wrap up? I found that their house sold in March 2017. Boogie is in one of the house photos on redfin. I found the house using ex name so not linking it here.
California is a little different with divorces from what I understand. Apparently you can agree to a divorce with as much settled as you have and get a decree for that while continuing post-decree to settle other matters. Perhaps someone familiar with CA divorce law or have taken that option in CA can shed some light in case that was the situation here.

It was never reported that she was in Ontario all day and they never said she met her ex in Ontario. Also no one reported that she got to Ontario in the morning.

I stand corrected. I reread links and posts and it does not say she met with the ex in Ontario. Just that she MAY have met someone in Ontario.

I got my information from the Searchlight piece that was done on her disappearance. Sorry.

So at this point, other than the ex saying he met with her, we don't know where. And maybe LE knows who she met in Ontario, but we do not.

I'll just go back to reading and not commenting since I'm only adding to the confusion. So sorry. Please accept my sincerist apologies.

In my arm chair detective opinion, the ex-husband is behind this. Her family never met him, but knows there was a history of domestic abuse. Sources close to the family have said the ex-husband is most certainly a POI. That police have stated there are a half dozen persons of interest. But even if the ex-husband was the #1 POI, police would still make a statement like this, as they wouldn't want their primary suspect to know they were focusing on him for obvious reasons.

In my arm chair detective opinion, the ex-husband is behind this. Her family never met him, but knows there was a history of domestic abuse. Sources close to the family have said the ex-husband is most certainly a POI. That police have stated there are a half dozen persons of interest. But even if the ex-husband was the #1 POI, police would still make a statement like this, as they wouldn't want their primary suspect to know they were focusing on him for obvious reasons.

Ocleary, may I ask if you are close to these sources? I am so disheartened to hear there was a history of domestic violence and stunned that the family never met him!! I had missed that in my reading. Oh no.

I keep searching online for more news and can't seem to find anything. What do your sources believe happened???

I am not. I have just voraciously read just about everything out there on this case. And there has been several references about domestic abuse being a factor in the marriage. I read that she was getting ready to move from California as she had just accepted a new position in TX. She had a new boyfriend and was moving on. Abusers don't like losing control. Perhaps this was the catalyst???

This is starting to sound like Crystal Seratte McDowell's case.

I am not. I have just voraciously read just about everything out there on this case. And there has been several references about domestic abuse being a factor in the marriage. I read that she was getting ready to move from California as she had just accepted a new position in TX. She had a new boyfriend and was moving on. Abusers don't like losing control. Perhaps this was the catalyst???

Very good theories! I had read about the move to Texas but not a new boyfriend. That definitely could be a catalyst. Is it possible she is in hiding? From the ex or his associates? Im desperate to find a theory that keeps her and Boogie alive. She has a very genuine and calming presence in her photos. I have been praying for a good outcome. Her background in the military gives me more hope than I have in other missing cases. Hopefully the ex was able to give some helpful info if nothing else.

There has been no information released about the sighting in Ontario. LE has confirmed that there was a sighting, but no further information.

Have there been specific questions? The family really has no information, beyond what is stated already.

Cjacobs- I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. For whatever it's worth, you have many strangers here praying for a good outcome for you. Your sister is obviously physically more capable than the average woman given her military background. That leads me to think whoever took her was at least equally as capable. Some questions:
Do you know of her known associates in San Diego?
Who knew of her plan to move to Texas?
Did she and her ex once live in Texas?
Do police believe it's possible she actually went to Big Bear or Palm Springs and if so are searches being conducted?
Are searches being done anywhere else?
This must be agonizing but I give you and your brother credit for taking charge and pushing for things to get done. Julia is lucky to have you. God bless you all.

-Family and friends had met some of Julia's associates in SD prior to her going missing, family has met many more now.
-A few friends and family knew of her plans regarding work and potential move
-Julia did live in TX, prior to SD.
-LE are giving no information about where they think Julia actually went, and we do not know what searches are being done. They haven't given us any information.

Thank you for doing this. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this and hopefully we will come up with something that is helpful.

Supposedly the texts to you said she was with a friend or meeting a friend to go to Palm Springs/Big Bear. Do you believe this? If so, do you have any idea who the friend is?
Can you access her phone records (or have the police)?
Was there video from Ontario after her being with her ex?
Do you feel the police know who was in contact with your sister but just can't tell you?
Do you know why the police feel confident in saying her ex is not a person of interest?
Do you think it's reasonable that she had contact with and met up with her ex? Had she ever done it before?
Did anyone go thru her house after her car was found to try and determine if anyone came inside/took anything? Were her house keys on the keychain in her car?

Sorry for the sheer number of questions but I do have a feeling that others have the same and it may be easier to answer one post than a bunch.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

-Family has not be able to determine whom "friend" in Palm Springs was.
-LE has her phone records
-We don't know anything more about sighting in Ontario.
-We don't know anything about what police are thinking.
-We have been told that she met with ex husband on 9/2.
-Her brother and sister went through her home after she was reported missing.

Have all the animals shelters in the greater LA and San Diego areas been advised about Boogie? I know there are a ton of them but I would hope all of them have the flyer in case the dog is found or turned in.

I think focusing on Ontario and not San Diego is a good move right now - the car in San Diego feels like a distraction.

I stand corrected. I reread links and posts and it does not say she met with the ex in Ontario. Just that she MAY have met someone in Ontario.

I got my information from the Searchlight piece that was done on her disappearance. Sorry.

So at this point, other than the ex saying he met with her, we don't know where. And maybe LE knows who she met in Ontario, but we do not.

I'll just go back to reading and not commenting since I'm only adding to the confusion. So sorry. Please accept my sincerist apologies.

No apologies necessary! Please don't go back to just reading and not commenting. You are not adding to any confusion.

You are trying your best to help figure out what happened. Your thoughts are very appreciated!

You're much further in this than I am. I can't seem to get a grasp on the timeline, to even add any thoughts of my own.

I really do appreciate people like you who are willing to share your ideas about this.

Please stay active here! Don't fade into the woodwork...

Have all the animals shelters in the greater LA and San Diego areas been advised about Boogie? I know there are a ton of them but I would hope all of them have the flyer in case the dog is found or turned in.

I get the impression they have but cant say for sure but Boogie has a chip. The chip company has been alerted to notify police if found.

-Family has not be able to determine whom "friend" in Palm Springs was.
-LE has her phone records
-We don't know anything more about sighting in Ontario.
-We don't know anything about what police are thinking.
-We have been told that she met with ex husband on 9/2.
-Her brother and sister went through her home after she was reported missing.

Above bolded by me.
I wonder if her siblings were able to determine if it appeared Julia packed a suitcase or duffle bag to support the supposition she was going away for a vacation. I would expect she would have taken her toothbrush and other toiletries, dog bowls, dog food, etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back