UK- Major incident declared in Southport after multiple stabbings, 29 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The woman/girl who was running the dance class, does anyone know how old she is?

hero dance teacher who was left critically injured after a horror stabbing rampage in Southport which killed three young girls took knife blows to the arms, back and neck as she protected children with her body, it's been revealed today.

Leanne Lucas, who organised the Taylor Swift-themed holiday club, has had life-saving surgery and is now awake, her family said on Wednesday.

Recounting Ms Lucas' actions after the knifeman entered the class through an open door and began attacking children, a relative described how she bent over two little girls, shielding them with her own body, as she was repeatedly struck from behind.

If the police use the full 96 hour questioning time, then they have until Friday ( probably midday-ish ) to either
Charge him
Release him
Release with bail

assuming charges will be brought, there will then be a date given for a PTP
( pre trial preparation hearing ) in 3 months time. Plus a tentative trial date, approx 6 months or later.

At that point we wont hear anything further until the PTP, when he will be able to enter a plea.
I have heard that they might struggle to get 96 hours because of his age.

At least, one arrested has being made, yesterday - shortly and at short distance from the vigil

"A report was received at 6.50pm that a man had been seen with a knife on Eastbank Street.

Officers attended and a man was detained at around 6.55pm, and a flick knife recovered.

There are no reports anyone was injured during the incident.

A 32-year-old man from Standish was arrested on suspicion of possession of a bladed article, and taken into custody."

https://www.merseyside.police.uk/ne...uly/man-arrested-after-incident-in-southport/
This has either got lost or ignored in all of this. A man turns up at or near the vigil with a knife and gets arrested. (Video online)
It was put forward as a catalyst by some for the riots last night, whether that’s believable or not I’m not sure. But it’s hardly been mentioned on any news I’ve seen. Wonder what his intentions were.

rbbm
''And today the coastal community united to bring order back to their quiet streets – on local Facebook groups some offered their rooms to people who needed a safe space, while others organised clean up crews to remove the carnage of the night before.

Builders offered their services for free to rebuild walls demolished after thugs threw rubble at police vehicles and others took to social media to praise brave officers.''

''Just yards away from the emotional vigil, a 32-year-old man, dressed in all black with a hat on the joint-hottest day of the year, was separately arrested after being caught carrying a flick knife on Eastbank Street at 6.55pm.
''Footage showed a man, dressed in all black in the scorching heat, being arrested near the vigil for the three girls who died ''

This has either got lost or ignored in all of this. A man turns up at or near the vigil with a knife and gets arrested. (Video online)
It was put forward as a catalyst by some for the riots last night, whether that’s believable or not I’m not sure. But it’s hardly been mentioned on any news I’ve seen. Wonder what his intentions were.

It was reported yesterday, either on the BBC or Guardian live feed.

Afternoon summary

- Four people have been arrested in connection with the violent protests that broke out last night in Southport following a vigil for the victims of Monday’s knife attack, police said. Of the 53 police officers injured, 49 were said to be Merseyside police officers and four were from Lancashire constabulary.

- Merseyside police said eight officers sustained serious injuries including fractures, lacerations, a suspected broken nose and concussion and were treated in hospital.

- Local residents said rioters attacked a mosque and used bricks as missiles last night. Many helped with the clean-up operation this morning to repair the damage caused by the disorder.

- Southport’s MP, Patrick Hurley, said the violent rioters were not local to the area and must face the “full force of the law”. He said the riots occurred because of the “propaganda and lies” spread on social media about the identity of the attacker. “These people are utterly disrespecting the families of the dead and injured children and utterly disrespecting the town,” the MP told the BBC.

- Police believe those involved in the violent unrest included supporters of the English Defence League (EDL).

- Humza Yousaf, the former first minister of Scotland, called for the EDL to be proscribed as a terrorist organisation after the riots.

- Alice Dasilva Aguiar, nine, Bebe King, six, and Elsie Dot Stancombe, seven, were all fatally stabbed in Southport on Monday. Jenni Stancombe, Elsie’s mother, wrote on Facebook: “This is the only thing that I will write, but please please stop the violence in Southport tonight. The police have been nothing but heroic these last 24 hours and they and we don’t need this.”

- A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons because of his age, remains in custody accused of murder and attempted murder. The only details released about the suspect by police are that he is a 17-year-old from the village of Banks in Lancashire, who was born in Cardiff.

- Police have said that, although the motive for the attack was unclear, it was not believed to be terror-related. On Wednesday, detectives were granted more time to question the teenager.

Yoga teacher awake and recovering from stab injuries, family tells BBC

Leanne Lucas, the yoga teacher who was injured in a knife attack in Southport, is awake and has spoken for the first time, her family tells the BBC.

Her cousin Chris Rimmer says Leanne is a “hero” and who had “shielded two girls” during the attack on Monday.

The 35-year-old was described as being in a “critical condition” following the attack. Chris says she is “not out of the woods yet”, but that she is recovering.
Rimmer says the family was “torn apart” by the incident.

“Everyone that is sat in this house right now is just concentrating on getting her home and concentrating on her [recovering enough] that we can see her,” he adds.

There was not much on MSM to be found.. I know, right??? gives me the creeps, tbh

Also more on @dotr link:
"dressed in all black with a hat on the joint-hottest day of the year,was separately arrested after being caught carrying a flick knife on Eastbank Street at 6.55pm... "

"A neighbour,
who did not want to be named said they would often
'hear singing'
from the house of the alleged attacker,
which remains behind a cordon.

They said:
'It's a massive, massive shock.
He [the alleged attacker]
would come in from school and be singing.

He never went out,
we never saw them.
We [never really] spoke to them more than to say hello
in seven years and then this'.

The neighbours said the family were heavily involved with a local church,
and described the suspect as
a 'quiet choir boy'
who they would often hear singing."

:oops:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics