GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just can't understand why someone would send a false text referencing Palm Springs and Big Bear, but then take her car back to an area near her house. It would make more sense to abandon her car in one of those locations. This makes me think there was a transportation issue for the perp, so probably acted alone.

Does anyone think it's possible someone found Boogie running around and took him in not connecting him to a missing person

I just can't understand why someone would send a false text referencing Palm Springs and Big Bear, but then take her car back to an area near her house. It would make more sense to abandon her car in one of those locations. This makes me think there was a transportation issue for the perp, so probably acted alone.
Maybe to buy time? Is cell phone reception spotty in those areas? Perhaps no one would question infrequent contact if Julia were thought to be in an area where it was hard to get a signal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Does anyone think it's possible someone found Boogie running around and took him in not connecting him to a missing person
It is possible. We should all share her and her dogs pic as much as possible on social media so people keep a look out!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately crime watch daily isn’t on in my area—as far as I could tell when doing a search with my cable provider etc.

I was hoping to see it. Has it aired anywhere yet that any of you have had a chance to see it? Just curious if there is anything new.

IMO if she was harmed then it was whomever she met that day...and that person returned the car and sent the bogus text (IMO). As with many other cases I would be thrilled to be wrong...her family is in my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose it is possible that the implications of the texts were that she would return home and then drive back out to Palm Springs and Big Bear the next day That could be why her car was dumped where it was. Maybe I have been misinterpreting the texts all along.
I don't think you are misinterpreting the texts. Though such a plan is possible, as you state, it also flies in the face of any experienced SOCAL resident and even any sense of travel efficiency:

She would need to have planned to....

Drive from Ontario, back down to San Diego, only to return to Los Angeles County the next day. Then take a winding, crowded road into the mountains to Big Bear, spend Sunday night. Then, get up, take another less busy, but still winding mountain road east down to Palm Springs. Then leave the same day to fight very heavy Labor Day Monday traffic all the way back to San Diego.... .

In short, I think you are right. Whoever sent those texts was referring to driving from Ontario to Big Bear Saturday night, then spending the night (which, if done impulsively on a holiday, also flies in the face of any SOCAL resident)

I agree. I think he, whoever he is, started out there with her. He must have had to get back to where he left his car.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think you are misinterpreting the texts. Though such a plan is possible, as you state, it also flies in the face of any experienced SOCAL resident and even any sense of travel efficiency:

She would need to have planned to....

Drive from Ontario, back down to San Diego, only to return to Los Angeles County the next day. Then take a winding, crowded road into the mountains to Big Bear, spend Sunday night. Then, get up, take another less busy, but still winding mountain road east down to Palm Springs. Then leave the same day to fight very heavy Labor Day Monday traffic all the way back to San Diego.... .

In short, I think you are right. Whoever sent those texts was referring to driving from Ontario to Big Bear Saturday night, then spending the night (which, if done impulsively on a holiday, also flies in the face of any SOCAL resident)
After some thought, no matter how you look at the texts it doesn't make sense. It is as if it is someone unfamiliar with how the area works (especially on a holiday weekend) no matter how you view the texts. Strange. So we are looking to find some that is either new to the area, not all that bright, or both.

Was the 9:30pm Palm Springs/Big Bear text to a friend or her sister? I thought I remembered someone saying it was to her sister.

I wondered what the text was previous to that one. The Crime watch video made me think she did have plans for the weekend that she had told someone. Is that true?

If there were any conversations in her phone that discussed those places, and someone accessed her phone, they'd no doubt continue on the same plane - referencing Palm Springs and Big Bear

What kind of value does Julia's dog have? Is that type of a dog a kind that could be sold on Craigslist or similar? I haven't gone back to see if people had been looking at such sites to see if they could find he dog.

I also think the dog might be a bigger part of this story, sadly. The comment about finding bogie will lead to finding Julia is very interesting IMO.

Maybe not monetary value but something...

Do we know where the text regarding palm springs was sent from? My theory is that she was taken from Ontario, headed east and when they drove through Palm Springs, someone sent that text as a way to show proof of being in Palm Springs but possibly never made it to Big Bear but some data points from the police would really help obviously!

Dumb question- in the Crime Report show I noticed the toilet seat was up, was that how they found it or just that other people have been using her bathroom since her disappearance?

Personally, I think those texts are a ruse--and that makes them an important clue.

Someone, on that Saturday, was associated with her trip to Ontario that caused Julia and her dog to disappear. That same person drove her car back to San Diego close to her home--but not to her home--to make it appear that she returned to SD and was abducted *there*, perhaps?

I think this is a definite possibility.

Not only can I see her attacker sending the texts, but I don't think he is very sophisticated. Anybody with experience in SOCAL travel would know that impulsive trips to Big Bear and Palm Springs at that time are near impossible. Even with reservations, going from San Diego to both Big Bear and Palm Springs, then home again to San Diego in what, 2 1/2 days with holiday traffic is possible, but not very practical or enjoyable.

Rather, the texts seem to suggest somebody who has not been outside of say, El Cajon, California in years rattling off what he imagines to be very remote, exotic sounding, "going away for a long time" places that he has heard about, but never been to.

The text message was sent to someone who wouldn't know if that was impulsive or not. For all they knew this trip to Palm Springs and Big Bear could have been planned for a while. I think the point of the text message was for location matching with her phone. Also we don't know if the text was in reply to a question the person asked her.

I read early on that 2 sources confirmed she was planning to head to Big Bear. What if someone asked when she was headed to Big Bear & that text was a reply simply saying "Palm Springs tonight, Big Bear tomorrow."

We really need to know where that text was sent from. If the tip in her family's earlier post that she was seen at 8:30 in Ontario is correct and the text was sent at 9:30 as reported, the text probably wasn't sent from San Diego. (I live here it takes like 2 hours to get home from Ontario, CA.)

I also think the dog might be a bigger part of this story, sadly. The comment about finding bogie will lead to finding Julia is very interesting IMO.

Maybe not monetary value but something...

Oh no! What?? What would that mean??? Like someone hurt her just to steal her dog???? Wth?

The text message was sent to someone who wouldn't know if that was impulsive or not. For all they knew this trip to Palm Springs and Big Bear could have been planned for a while. I think the point of the text message was for location matching with her phone. Also we don't know if the text was in reply to a question the person asked her.

I read early on that 2 sources confirmed she was planning to head to Big Bear. What if someone asked when she was headed to Big Bear & that text was a reply simply saying "Palm Springs tonight, Big Bear tomorrow."

We really need to know where that text was sent from. If the tip in her family's earlier post that she was seen at 8:30 in Ontario is correct and the text was sent at 9:30 as reported, the text probably wasn't sent from San Diego. (I live here it takes like 2 hours to get home from Ontario, CA.)

BBM: Are you saying this as a fact? Do you have a link to this info?

Whoever received the text told the family about it, right? So, I'm sure they know if it was part of a conversation. I'm questioning whether there has been any information given regarding this. Or can be given.
IIRC, the only thing that was odd about that text was that it was not wordy. So, if a friend or friends thought she was planning a trip that weekend (going to Palm Springs, Big Bear) but in reality she knew she was meeting someone in Ontario and spending the weekend there, someone she didn't want to share info about yet. If she would have said 'Ontario' instead of Big Bear would there have been too many questions? "Why Ontario? Who do you know there? There's nothing to do there, what are your plans, etc"

So, maybe that text was from her. Just being short to end the conversation. If she picked up Boogie at 8:30 and the text was from 9:30 maybe she was taking a walk or checking into a hotel and that text was brief for that reason.

I wonder if Ontario hotels were checked for reservations.

BBM: Are you saying this as a fact? Do you have a link to this info?

Whoever received the text told the family about it, right? So, I'm sure they know if it was part of a conversation. I'm questioning whether there has been any information given regarding this. Or can be given.
IIRC, the only thing that was odd about that text was that it was not wordy. So, if a friend or friends thought she was planning a trip that weekend (going to Palm Springs, Big Bear) but in reality she knew she was meeting someone in Ontario and spending the weekend there, someone she didn't want to share info about yet. If she would have said 'Ontario' instead of Big Bear would there have been too many questions? "Why Ontario? Who do you know there? There's nothing to do there, what are your plans, etc"

So, maybe that text was from her. Just being short to end the conversation. If she picked up Boogie at 8:30 and the text was from 9:30 maybe she was taking a walk or checking into a hotel and that text was brief for that reason.

I wonder if Ontario hotels were checked for reservations.

I'm not saying this as a fact. I was responding to other posts regarding the trip being impulsive...I was just trying to point out we don't know if in fact it was impulsive or not. Sorry about any confusion.

I agree. I think he, whoever he is, started out there with her. He must have had to get back to where he left his car.
This is what I think too. I am curious about why she boarded Boogie for part of the day - in Ontario. Maybe "they" were picking someone else up. jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back