GUILTY CA - Julia Jacobson, 37, San Diego, 2 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A write up from crime watch daily. https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/09...teran-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances/

Also, they strated a virtual a vigil, which you can read about in the FJJ group. https://www.facebook.com/search4julia/ or calendar here: https://www.24-7prayer.com/signup/9d2c69

This helps the Palm Springs trip make a little more sense. Still confusing on a holiday weekend, but a reason.

However, I think it's really odd that the family basically knows nothing about the ex. I can't make that jive with the daily phone calls. It's probably nothing but gave me pause. And it begs the usual question of what else might they not have known about her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This helps the Palm Springs trip make a little more sense. Still confusing on a holiday weekend, but a reason.

I think this is a good assessment.

She apparently left San Diego a little after 6:30 in the morning. If one was taking a day trip to Palm Springs during Labor Day weekend, that would be the time to leave. Her plans could have been:

- Leave San Diego early before traffic builds. Maybe drive east to more rural Imperial Country (less traffic), then north on the "back roads" to Palm Springs. Spend the day in Palm Springs with her ex husband / current friend to see the town before moving to Texas.

- Then, leave Palm Springs that night (less traffic). Cross over the mountains. Return to San Diego by means of LA and Orange counties. She was then sighted in Ontario.

As you referred to, such a trip during Labor Day would not be easy driving, and would make for a very long day, but the justifications at least allow it to make sense.

I think this is a good assessment.

She apparently left San Diego a little after 6:30 in the morning. If one was taking a day trip to Palm Springs during Labor Day weekend, that would be the time to leave. Her plans could have been:

- Leave San Diego early before traffic builds. Maybe drive east to more rural Imperial Country (less traffic), then north on the "back roads" to Palm Springs. Spend the day in Palm Springs with her ex husband / current friend to see the town before moving to Texas.

- Then, leave Palm Springs that night (less traffic). Cross over the mountains. Return to San Diego by means of LA and Orange counties. She was then sighted in Ontario.

As you referred to, such a trip during Labor Day would not be easy driving, and would make for a very long day, but the justifications at least allow it to make sense.
It would all make sense except the Ontario part. I've driven from Palm Springs to San Diego many times, and can't imagine any reason to go near Ontario. Orange County and LA are way out of the way. To go from PS to SD you would either go through the mountains on the 74 or go 10 to Beaumont/Banning area and turn to go through the canyon and come out on the 215 in the Temecula area. Ontario is way off track. I don't know what would cause her to go there, unless she picked someone up there for some odd reason. Maybe from the airport?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would like to see more transparency from LE in regards to the Ontario sighting. They have been in possession of the video for 3 weeks now and won't release it to the family or public. If LE wants to keep the video confidential at least describe the contents to the family for their feed back. What is the harm of releasing the stores name and location to the family and public. More information to the public helps the investigation. I wish the family would challenge LE on this issue especially Julia's brother John the PI who has been somewhat silent during this ordeal. I would think he could cut through some of the red tape with LE and start getting some answers.

It would all make sense except the Ontario part. I've driven from Palm Springs to San Diego many times, and can't imagine any reason to go near Ontario. Orange County and LA are way out of the way.

I like your local knowledge. Maybe she thought:

- "Ok, I am already in Palm Springs to see it one more time before moving to Texas. Hey, I could cut through to Big Bear from the more rural eastern area and see that one more time as well".

- She then drives to Big Bear from the east. Spends a few hours there, then drives out towards LA. Once in LA country, she gets disoriented and misses the turn towards Orange and SD. After say, 20-30 minutes, she realizes her mistake. Pulls over in Ontario (9:00 at night) to get directions, snacks, and probably high caffeine soda. Then gets back on the road towards SD.

Not understanding the silence from LE. Even if they have a suspect, she is still missing...publicity could only help at this point. What the H is going on?

LE seems to typically keep info close to the vest when they are building a case. It's when they start begging for public help that you know they don't have enough to find the MP or prove someone disappeared them.

It's so strange to see this case all of a sudden go completely quiet!! Hoping this means they have a significant lead they're working on & will soon have some answers for Julia's family.

Bumping. Anyone have anything new?

No news of Julia, but the Adams Avenue Street Fair is today (and yesterday). That that would be a great place to get the word out about Julua. It's a huge event that draws people in from all over San Diego and southern Ca. It's in North Park, which is where Julia and Boogie live, and where her car was found. All of her neighbors will be there. I've got a sick bf. so I can't go
this year, but I can't imagine a better place to pass out fliers and shake some hands for these two.

I hope her family knows about this! I'll check her Facebook page for any mention of it...fingers crossed!

https://www.adamsavenuebusiness.com/event-info/adams-avenue-street-fair/

>>>snip

The 36th annual Adams Avenue Street Fair – featuring 80 musical acts on six stages – will be held from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 30, and from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017.

Southern California’s largest free two-day music festival is held each year during the last weekend in September in the community of Normal Heights. The event also features beer gardens and beer tastings, giant carnival rides, festival foods and 300 arts and crafts booths.

Beer connoisseurs will enjoy the Street Fair’s Craft Beer Taste (from noon to 4 p.m. Saturday only), across from the Starbucks Stage. Visitors to the craft beer taste will have the opportunity to sample unlimited tastes from 20 breweries for only $20. Previous years included among 30 types of craft beers featured from 16 breweries like Aztec Brewing Co., Automatic Brewing Co., BNS, Stone, Stumble Foot, Goose Island, Green Flash, and Mission Brewery. Purchase tickets above by clicking the “Craft Beer Taste Tix” button.

Three additional beer gardens are open throughout the two-day run of the street fair featuring full pour servings of San Diego’s best craft beer selection.

Vendors with unique offerings also will be participating in this year’s street fair and will be set up back-to-back throughout the venue. A complete schedule of events, performance times and an Adams Avenue Street Fair map are available

<<<snip

It would all make sense except the Ontario part. I've driven from Palm Springs to San Diego many times, and can't imagine any reason to go near Ontario. Orange County and LA are way out of the way. To go from PS to SD you would either go through the mountains on the 74 or go 10 to Beaumont/Banning area and turn to go through the canyon and come out on the 215 in the Temecula area. Ontario is way off track. I don't know what would cause her to go there, unless she picked someone up there for some odd reason. Maybe from the airport?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Agreed. I went to college in Riverside and only ended up in Ontario for two reasons: using the airport and on my way to LA. The only reason to use the 15 over the 215 would be an accident, and even that is dubious logic. Maybe instead of picking someone up, she was dropping someone off? Plus her text (assuming it was her) did not make it seem like she was headed home that night. Somewhat unrelated, I wonder if she had FasTrak and used it that day?

So what is it safe to assume LE knows that we don't?
- Who was with her on the Ontario video.
- Specifically where she was in the Ontario video.
- Where and when she met the ex (at least his side).

What would be harder but still feasible for them to know?
- If this PS friend exists and who it is?
- Via OnStar data (and maybe cameras?) when her SUV was parked in SD?
- Last cell phone ping? Maybe even pings before the last?
- Where she was when the last text was sent?

Even just a couple of these pieces could make a huge difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if the ex-husband, who she saw the day she went missing, and with whom she was still in contact with, has made efforts to search for Julia? Has he been using social media to try to put together a timeline (like we are doing)? Has he created any flyers and put them up? Has he created a web site, Facebook page? Has he physically been searching Julia's last known whereabouts? Has he given any interviews? Has he knocked on any doors where Julila was last seen? Has he searched for Boogie, because this is a dog he shared with Julia while they were married and whom he watched occasionally when Julia was out of town. Is he searching for either of them? Because this could be very telling.

Does anyone know if the ex-husband, who she saw the day she went missing, and with whom she was still in contact with, has made efforts to search for Julia? Has he been using social media to try to put together a timeline (like we are doing)? Has he created any flyers and put them up? Has he created a web site, Facebook page? Has he physically been searching Julia's last known whereabouts? Has he given any interviews? Has he knocked on any doors where Julila was last seen? Has he searched for Boogie, because this is a dog he shared with Julia while they were married and whom he watched occasionally when Julia was out of town. Is he searching for either of them? Because this could be very telling.
I haven't seen him, anyone that he's friends with, or related to on her page. I haven't seen that he even used social media.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don't use FB but if CJ is still checking here, I want you to know I'm still praying every single day for Julia and Boogie's safe return home.

Honest question- How do these questions help us find where she is?

Honest question- How do these questions help us find where she is?

Thinking the implication is that if someone who saw her that last day is not concerned about her whereabouts, it could be they know what became of her, jmo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back