CA - Juliana Redding, 21, murdered, Santa Monica, 15 March 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Doctor a 'subject of interest' in model's slaying, prosecutor says [Updated]
July 20, 2010 LA Now - LA Times - LATimesBlogs

This article is about the bail hearing. These are some snippets that I believe are interesting and perhaps previously unknown or unconfirmed:

"The prosecutor in the case against a woman accused of killing an aspiring model in Santa Monica said on Tuesday that a physician with ties to both the defendant and the victim is a “subject of interest” in the investigation and has fled the country.

[Corrected at 7 p.m.: An earlier version of this post called the physician a "person of interest."]"

and

"The DNA extracted from blood and other bodily material found on Redding’s body and in the apartment was matched to Park’s genetic profile, Jackson said. He went on to accuse Park of a failed plot to destroy evidence of her involvement by blowing up the apartment, saying Park had turned on Redding’s gas stove and lighted a candle before leaving."

and

"Uwaydah dated Redding briefly and had employed Park, paying her $10,000 a month for several years as she worked for him in a vaguely defined capacity, Jackson said."

and

"Park had assisted Uwaydah in running a large medical insurance fraud scam that is currently under investigation and Uwaydah, “bragged to people that he had a ‘female James Bond’ that he could rely on to take care of business,” Jackson told the judge."

Have been monitoring the postings of my fellow sleuths on this interesting case.

Personal prejudice does not make for impartial investigation. It clouds the mind and closes it to true inductive investigation. I'm not here to speak for the righteousness of this Dr. Uwaydah. I am here to point out whatothers are conveniently downplaying, minimizing,and/or ignoring.

"Park had assisted Uwaydah in running a large medical insurance fraud scam that is currently under investigation"
Last I heard, under investigation meant that folks in an official capacity were trying to figure out if it were fact or fiction. Until it's fact and there are charges brought, it is all Fiction.

Notice how the LA Times keeps having to print corrections on info they are reporting as fact?
  1. Dr. Uwaydah has NEVER been convicted of fraud as originally reported by them.
  2. Identified
Dr. Uwaydah as a "Person of Interest" and then had to correct that to a "Subject of Interest".

There's no place on Websleuths for grinding personal axes.

Lets try to figure out what is really happening here folks.
You know?

The Truth.

Doctor a 'subject of interest' in model's slaying, prosecutor says [Updated]
July 20, 2010 LA Now - LA Times - LATimesBlogs

This article is about the bail hearing. These are some snippets that I believe are interesting and perhaps previously unknown or unconfirmed:

and

"Uwaydah dated Redding briefly and had employed Park, paying her $10,000 a month for several years as she worked for him in a vaguely defined capacity, Jackson said."

this is new information reported by the LA Times. However, this was made known(as was Dr Uwaydah's relationship with Kelly Park) in the blog comments posted on LA weekly blog.
I'm actually glad I cut and paste most of the comments, as they are now conveniently inaccessible (maybe it will be back up later).

Don't expect to see the comments on the Juliana Redding Murder thread to reappear in LA Weekly. It is my understanding that the blog threads were removed due to the foul language and inflamatory nature of the prejudiced comments.

It was clear to those monitoring it that there were two factions of former and current employees of Frontline airing dirty laundry and making unsubstantiated claims, threats, etc. :banghead:It was embarassingly obvious to an impartial observer that these people were making ludicrous statements that had nothing to do with the source of the article they were commenting around.:waitasec:

1. Did Kelly Soo Park kill Juliana Redding?
2. What role did Ronnie Wayne Case play?
3. If Kelly Soo Park did kill Juliana Redding, was she really hired to do so?
4. What exactly was the "foundering business deal" involving Greg Redding and Dr. Uwaydah?
5. Why is Greg Redding saying nothing?

Instead their venom was spued at Dr.s Turly and Uwaydah.
I've worked for a few bosses that I wouldn't mind lampooning, but that's the extent of it. It certainly wouldn't qualify as grist for websleuths.

While it's rather obvious most of the comments were aired out with an axe to grind, filtering through the comments there maybe information that can be verified by this board as more details come out. My intention in copying and pasting them to this board was not to cloud personal vendettas as fodder for this site, but I did so feeling that they might be removed due to the nature of them and to allow users of this board to sift through to find pertinent information.

What I believe will come to light is Kelly Park's personal/girlfriend relationship with Dr. Uwaydah and what role it may have had - love triangle? Was Kelly Park aware that the Dr. dated Redding? The blog comments made light of Redding/Park dating/sexual relationship weeks prior to the LA Times did. Up until 7/20, they only attached Redding by the failed business deal between the Dr. and Redding's father.

Judge unfreezes physician's bank accounts in model slaying case

A lawyer says the accounts could not remain frozen without explanation. His client, Dr. Munir Uwaydah, is linked to the woman's death.
August 14, 2010|By Robert Faturechi, Los Angeles Times

"A judge ordered authorities this week to unfreeze bank accounts connected to a physician described as a "subject of interest" in the 2008 slaying of an aspiring model in Santa Monica.

Last month, the Los Angeles County district attorney's office requested 60 bank accounts frozen, said Benjamin Gluck, an attorney who represents physician Munir Uwaydah. Two of those accounts belonged to businesses owned by Uwaydah, Gluck said. The district attorney's office has declined to detail the seized assets saying that information is under seal.

Uwaydah's attorney argued that the accounts could not remain frozen without explanation.

"If you haven't charged us with a crime and you say you're not ready to charge anyone with a crime for at least several months, you should not be able to freeze all our money," Gluck said."

more . . .

Honestly I am not looking for these kinds of cases, but it is looking like this one has a DA's office (Steve Cooley) that might not have a real case here. If the last article I posted isn't clear enough, here is a one page PDF of an article which appeared in The Daily Journal on Wednesday August 11. The Daily Journal is a subscription only online journal which focuses on court and legal news. The article by Sandra Hernandez is about the 3 hour August 9th hearing.

Daily Journal Article

It's not good to piss off the judge....yikes. I'm still wondering what the motive was. Parks may have been jealous and happy to do the deed. But what was the reason the Dr made the large payments? Was the motive to punish Juliana's dad? Maybe the payments are a red herring and not involved at all? I'm wracking my brain and I can't think of a single murder for hire case where the killer was paid that much money. Anyone?

I'm taking what the PR person says with a grain of salt as he is paid to spin in a positive direction. In fact his statement about the business deal gone wrong makes no sense as it's been previously reported that Juliana's dad lost a good deal of his own money on that deal. Am I remembering that correctly? That doesn't sound like someone merely applying for a job. And how does Mark Z KNOW all of this as fact as well at the Dr's innocence when he's only spoken to the guy one time?

All good questions and comments, SuziQ. I have no answers.

Woman charged in SoCal model killing makes bail

Associated Press
Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"A woman charged in the 2008 murder of an aspiring model in Santa Monica has been released from jail after the victim's parents pleaded with a judge to keep her locked up."

"The Los Angeles Times says earlier in the day, the parents of 21-year-old Juliana Redding unsuccessfully asked a judge to reject $3.5 million in assets put up for Park's bail. They argued that she'll flee the country."

The Los Angeles Times article:

Parents of slain model break silence, ask to keep alleged killer behind bars
Greg and Patricia Redding had hoped a court would agree not to release Kelly Soo Park, 45,
from custody. Park is accused of strangling Juliana Redding in 2008 in Santa Monica.

By Robert Faturechi, Los Angeles Times

November 2, 2010

"Prosecutors have pointed to Park's employer, a Marina del Rey physician, as the link between the two women. Dr. Munir Uwaydah made six-figure payments to Park and her family before the killing and before Park's arrest, prosecutors said, and bragged that he had a "female James Bond" in Park. Uwaydah has not been charged in the killing.

Redding's father, a pharmacist, and Uwaydah had planned to start a pharmaceutical business together, but the deal had broken down days before the killing, prosecutors said, indicating in court that Park was told to go to the aspiring model's condo by Uwaydah to send a message."

more...

The L.A. Times obtained a copy of the grand jury transcript. Interesting!

Detectives say Santa Monica actress dialed 911 moments before she was killed

Prosecutors and police investigating Juliana Redding's 2008 death tell a grand jury that suspect Kelly Soo Park left DNA evidence in the victim's home and then tried to blow it up.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-juliana-redding-20101205,0,689878.story

Interesting article about Dr. Uwaydah, wanted for questioning about the murder of Juliana Redding. Seems there's more than meets the eye.

It says this is part two. I'll look around for part one.

JMHO
fran

Part II
http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1325&wherefrom=archive

Where's Munir? Part Two. Workers’ Compensation Treating Doctor Wanted For Questioning About The Murder Of Juliana Redding Must Be Somewhere

Over two weeks ago, Dr. Munir Uwaydah, an orthopedic surgeon and workers' compensation treating doctor, on the panels and networks of many insurance companies and third-party-administrators, fled the country from Southern California after being wanted for questioning about the murder of Juliana Redding in Santa Monica, California, in 2008.

Munir Marwan Uwaydah, M.D., many steps ahead of what investigative might the United States can muster, is actually a U.S. citizen born in April 1966 in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1966 his father, Marwan Mounir Uwaydah, M.D., was finishing post-doctoral training at the Massachusetts General Hospital. He would soon return with wife Fairhan and young family to The American University Medical School in Beirut, Lebanon, where he would distinguish himself for decades as an award winning professor of virology and bacteriology.

Unintended consequences can bring unfortunate realities. Take the immigration law. Sneak across the United States border, have your child and that “anchor baby” is instantly a U.S. Citizen. While the mother can be deported, the child cannot.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<much more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>

Part I

http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1323&wherefrom=archive

Where's Munir? Workers&#8217; Compensation Treating Doctor Wanted For Questioning About The Murder Of Juliana Redding Must Be Somewhere.

Where&#8217;s Munir Uwaydah? Is he in Beirut, Lebanon, where he was known to the United States Federal Court authorities to still maintain a bank account? In Saudi Arabia, where in 2001 he devised a scheme to defraud General Electric Medical Systems in Paris to send a state of the art CAT scanner to a shell company in that Arab country? Or in Estonia, where he is reported to have previously married a beauty queen and have in-laws?

So where&#8217;s Munir? He ostensibly fled the country from Southern California some nine days ago after being sought by law enforcement for questioning in the matter concerning the murder of Juliana Redding in Santa Monica, California, in 2008.

Munir Marwan Uwaydah, 44 years of age, 5&#8217; 11" 180 pounds, brown hair and green eyes is an intelligent, clever and vain man. For instance, he posted his post graduate school standing on his website. But according to the Federal District Court and Federal Bankruptcy Court, he is also a fraudster.

While in the United States less than twenty years, he has filed for federal bankruptcy protection, been adjudged of civil fraud in a federal court, been sued for medical malpractice, and the California State Medical Board will begin an administrative hearing July 19, 2010 to take away his license. This last civil administrative action is intended to bar him from the practice of medicine based on a series of operating room misadventures, most of which took place at Tustin Medical Center in Orange County, California.

The over/under in Las Vegas has it that Munir will default on the July 19, 2010 hearing, won&#8217;t show; and his current foreign vacation will continue.

It is also now apparent that Munir Uwaydah is more than a "person of interest" in the ongoing murder investigation of aspiring model/actress Juliana Redding in Santa Monica. There is growing speculation that a grand jury indictment has been handed down but sealed.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Part III

http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1326&wherefrom=archive

Where's Munir? Part III. Workers’ Compensation Treating Doctor Wanted For Questioning About The Murder Of Juliana Redding Must Be Somewhere.

Frontline Medical Associates and Munir Uwaydah, M.D. employed an office manager named Kelly Soo Park, 44 years of age, who once worked as a realtor. Dr. Uwaydah reportedly paid her the generous sum of $10,000.00 per month. She lived in Camarillo, California, ostentibly quite a distance from any of the Frontline offices, with a race car driver named Ronnie Wayne Case, born April 11, 1976. Dr. Munir Uwaydah also co-sponsored his dirt car race car. It is not known what benefit Frontline Medical Associates received from this dirt race car sponsorship.

In 2008, Juliana Redding, born in 1989 in Dallas, Texas, to Patricia Maureen and Gregory John Redding, moved to Santa Monica, California from Tucson, Arizona. Juliana Redding soon appeared as a model in Maxim’s Magazine and had a small part in the B-movie “Kathy T Gives Good Hoover”. She lived in a $2000.00 a month ground floor condo near the intersection of Centinela and Santa Monica Boulevard, and went to school part time at Santa Monica College. She also worked part-time at a local tapas Venice restaurant. She may or may not have known Munir Marwan Uwaydah.

Sometime prior to 2008, Munir Marwan Uwaydah and Gregory John Redding made ‘business plans’. As a licensed pharmacist in Arizona and California, Greg Redding started a planned business with Munir Uwaydah, the exact nature of which is not known at present. However, Greg Redding refused to return phone calls for an interview.

Whatever the business plans were, they were not successful. In fact, Pharmacist Redding’s voice mail message sounds out right “angry”.

On March 16, 2008, Maureen Redding called the Santa Monica Police Department, requesting a “welfare check”. Juliana Redding was found dead with fatal blunt force trauma wounds.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Seems Dr. Uwaydah has quite a background.

just sayin'
fran

PS....seriously, this guy seems very dangerous. I can think of two cases here on the pages of WS, that this guy COULD fit into. hmmmmmmm.............:waitasec:..fran

http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1372&wherefrom=archive

In the Matter of Munir Uwaydah, M.D. – For the Workers’ Compensation Fraud Doctor, Deception And Dishonesty Are The Sine Qua Non Of His Life

In March 1995, I was invited to move to Northern California to work for a computer systems company in Silicon Valley. That move resulted in career success, but a failure of my marriage and the removal of my children from my life. However, moving forward as a single professional, I found myself meeting and dating a few California women, many being single mothers, and over the years I have been asked to help several of them. These women, their families and their friends had to deal with complex problems involving chemical dependencies, troubled family relationships, and domestic violence.

Some of the names used in this article have been changed to protect the identities of the women who have been threatened.

In mid-April 2008, my friend Marcie (not her real name) contacted me while I was working on a project in the California Central Valley and started telling me this incredible but intriguing story about her friend Jeannie (not her real name), a model in Beverly Hills, who had gotten involved with a prominent back surgeon from Lebanon named Dr. Munir Marwan Uwaydah, who had promised to marry her, impregnated her, allegedly tried to poison her, abandoned her just weeks before she gave birth to his son, and then subsequently threatened to kidnap the son and take him to Lebanon, which has no extradition treaty with the United States.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Oh, wow! I didn't know THIS! :eek:

JMHO
fran

http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1372&wherefrom=archive

These records identified that the alleged single, never married doctor with no children (allegedly born in Boston in April 1966) actually had active concurrent involvement with several young women, and had children with various women. One included his wife Kadri Valjaotsana Uwaydah, a former Miss Estonia (1998) whom he married in Las Vegas on January 1, 2000, with whom he has three children living with his mother in Lebanon (Farihan Renno); another is Helga Heinenbach (not her real name), a woman (born in Germany in 1982) Munir Uwaydah met in Germany and brought here to the U.S. in 2001 on a student visa, educated at USC, and who has been living with the doctor for approximately 9 years in Santa Monica and Marina Del Rey, and who has twin children fathered by the doctor (born in June 2006); and Jeannie who started dating Munir Uwaydah in May 2006, gave birth to Dr. Uwaydah’s son in June 2007, and was abandoned by Uwaydah in October 2007; and Juliana Redding, who dated Munir Uwaydah from about September 2007 until she was murdered at the age of 21 on March 16, 2008.

http://www.adjuster.com/modules.php...le_view&adj_article_id=1348&wherefrom=archive

Sept. 1, 2010
A Matter of Munir: Is Munir Uwaydah, M.D., The Money Behind Kelly Soo Park’s Forthcoming Bail?

Kelly Soo Park has been charged with the murder of Juliana Redding since her arrest over two months ago. Kelly Soo worked for Uwaydah and was ostensibly his right hand woman. Munir paid Kelly over $300,000 just before Juliana Redding's murder, and paid her another approximately $300,000 just after the murder. The fact of these payments looks more than suspicious. To boot, Kelly's DNA has been found on Juliana’s body’s neck and throat, and in other places at the murder scene, which was Juliana Redding’s Santa Monica apartment. It is alleged that Kelly Soo Park lit a candle and turned on the gas of all the burners of Redding’s stove in an attempt to blow up the apartment and destroy all evidence.

The court room was filled with relatives and friends of Kelly Soo Park who were ready to put up their houses, their piggy banks, and all they owned in order to post bail and spring Kelly out of jail. Her ostensible common law spouse was there, Ronnie Wayne Case, and his father Ronnie Case, Sr. was putting up his land as collateral, which is most likely in the Salt Lake City area where he lives, claiming it is valued at three million dollars. It was a scene created by a family that clearly loved Kelly Soo Park and believed in her innocence.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back