CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So which story is true? The story on Dateline or the story now?

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

On October 12, 2018, 16-year-old Karlie Gusé left her home in Chalfant, California to hang out with friends nearby. Karlie’s stepmother Melissa told Dateline she picked Karlie up from town and brought her home around 9 p.m. According to Melissa, they ate dinner together before Karlie went to bed. Karlie’s father Zachary told Dateline that Karlie seemed “disoriented” before she went to bed, but would not comment further on her condition. But early the next morning when Melissa went to Karlie’s room to check on her stepdaughter, Karlie was nowhere to be found. In a March 2019 interview on the Dr. Phil daytime talk show, Melissa told Dr. Phil she had lied to NBC in October when she spoke to Dateline. “Melissa, you told NBC, the next morning that at 5:45 a.m., you did your usual routine of opening up the kids’ doors, saying good morning, getting them ready for school -- that sort of thing. Did you – she was still in bed at that time. Did you go back and lay down?” Dr. Phil asked Melissa on the show which aired on March 25, 2019. “No. That – the Dateline NBC?” Melissa answered. “Yeah, that was a false story. Because I wasn’t – it was a lie about checking in on Karlie. Because it was in the beginning, and I didn’t know what to say and – I shouldn’t have even done the interview.” Karlie’s mother Lindsay Fairley, who lives in Nevada, told Dateline she has been sick to her stomach from the pain her daughter’s disappearance has caused. Authorities say Karlie was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and grey sweatpants.
Wait, what? SM picked Karlie up around 9 and then they had dinner together before Karlie went to bed? I don't remember this being reported in msm. What about the "devil's lettuce?" How did Karlie eat dinner if she was paranoid about a salad?

I'm confused. :confused: Did I miss something earlier??

Wait, what? SM picked Karlie up around 9 and then they had dinner together before Karlie went to bed? I don't remember this being reported in msm. What about the "devil's lettuce?" How did Karlie eat dinner if she was paranoid about a salad?

I'm confused. :confused: Did I miss something earlier??
No. Bad reporting.

Bring me up to speed on how the BM lied please. Don't doubt your statement but need to have mind refreshed. This disappearance is a weird one.
BM claimed Karlie asked to be taken to the emergency room during the eight minute tape. That was not true. Dr Phil listened to the tape & said that was not true. There are those that think the SM is guilty of something. IMHO, there is no evidence that the BM had anything to do with Karlies disappearance. I'm willing to listen to evidence. All I've heard is she told a lie so therefore she has something to hide.

I don't see how her lie would have anything to do with Karlies disappearance. The BM lied also. She had no reason to UNLESS?
Why would she lie, then? It's a whole lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense. Dr. Phil listened to the tape and said that she didn't say whatever, so we believe it because audio files can't be messed with, uh? All I know is that Karlie has been missing for a year, that's all I need to know. I have nothing against her stepmother, I don't know these people, I just want this kid to be found.

Why would she lie, then? It's a whole lot of stuff that doesn't make any sense. Dr. Phil listened to the tape and said that she didn't say whatever, so we believe it because audio files can't be messed with, uh? All I know is that Karlie has been missing for a year, that's all I need to know. I have nothing against her stepmother, I don't know these people, I just want this kid to be found.
Sorry. I must of misinterpreted your statement that the SM had no reason to lie UNLESS. I took that to mean you suspected her of something more. My apologies.

The stepmom, bio dad, and anybody in the house that night/early morning should be looked at as possible suspects. They were the last ones to definitively see Karlie. Add in the fact that SM tells differing accounts of what transpired that early morning and it only raises the suspicion. I think anyone would notice this. Yes, the admitted lies don’t make any sense. Which is why we are all questioning her. Fact is, the people in that house (specifically the SM since she was sharing a bed with Karlie) were the last ones to interact with Karlie before she disappeared. To ignore that would be a mistake IMO. The facts surrounding the last moments of her whereabouts are important and if you alter them you are hindering the investigation.

So it raises suspicion upon you to change the facts. Firstly, LE needs to know the actual truth of what transpired and secondly, why change the facts? Innocent reason or something more nefarious? That’s what I’m trying to understand. Moo

The stepmom, bio dad, and anybody in the house that night/early morning should be looked at as possible suspects. They were the last ones to definitively see Karlie. Add in the fact that SM tells differing accounts of what transpired that early morning and it only raises the suspicion. I think anyone would notice this. Yes, the admitted lies don’t make any sense. Which is why we are all questioning her. Fact is, the people in that house (specifically the SM since she was sharing a bed with Karlie) were the last ones to interact with Karlie before she disappeared. To ignore that would be a mistake IMO. The facts surrounding the last moments of her whereabouts are important and if you alter them you are hindering the investigation.

So it raises suspicion upon you to change the facts. Firstly, LE needs to know the actual truth of what transpired and secondly, why change the facts? Innocent reason or something more nefarious? That’s what I’m trying to understand. Moo
From the one year missing presser, I think LE believes Karlie was last seen by the three people that saw her walking to the highway. I believe this scenario over the idea the SM did something because she told an inconsequential lie. jmo

From the one year missing presser, I think LE believes Karlie was last seen by the three people that saw her walking to the highway. I believe this scenario over the idea the SM did something because she told an inconsequential lie. jmo
We are all entitled to our own opinions!

I’ve got two scenarios that I teeter between.

Both include Karlie walking away that morning (which accounts for the witnesses).

One she wandered very far into desert and perished of dehydration.

Two someone she knows went looking for her, found her along the road somewhere and then did something to her in anger.

If Karlie did go missing because she left the home, and not because of something else, then I would think that her father, her stepmother and whoever saw her last would be making a big effort to provide accurate information. If they didn't know, they could and should have said "I don't know". Making things up does not help.

I do believe the reported witnesses seeing Karlie walking are real and I do believe LE find them credible. That doesn't rule out anyone being a part of her disappearance - IF another person was involved because I just am so on the fence about what could have happened. I do not think she's alive and living a beautiful life somewhere - one she deserves (I pray I'm wrong).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaDiosa1975