CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace is not buying what the step-mom is selling. She is usually too aggressive for me but she had a good point about the dad and step-mom just saying Karlie was "acting paranoid" but not being able to give even one example of how she was acting paranoid. If her behavior was as bizarre as they say, they should be able to describe exactly what it was that set them off.

When I was a teenager I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I had a very bad reaction to the vicodin they gave me. I took it as prescribed but I felt like my heart was beating too slowly and thought I was going to die. I was very paranoid and extremely worried that I was having a physical reaction to it, not just a mental or emotional reaction. My mom is a nurse and she did sit up all night with me and said she would watch and if I seemed to be having any type of physical reaction we would go right to the ER. She thought it was clearly me "high" on the medication but she knew my panic was real to me. My mom was able to clearly articulate what I was being paranoid about: I thought the medication was somehow mislabeled or I was allergic to it and I was going to be physically injured from taking it. She knew and confirmed I took exactly what was prescribed that she independently thought was appropriate for the procedure I just had but she knew what I was paranoid about and how I was acting (crying, trying to take my own pulse, trying to read about pain medicine allergic reactions, etc).

That is just an anecdote but it seems to me like if you go through a somewhat traumatic event where you are up all night with your teenager (which presumably is a rare occasion) you would be able to articulate what the problem was.

This stands out to me as well and her behavior doesn't fit with being high on pot. Not falling asleep, wanting to color and paint her stepmoms toenails sounds like a different drug.
jmo

In my opinion, the only people who would have informed the police that she was “hallucinating” would be the stepmom and father no? Have other witnesses backed this up?

I don’t trust it. It feels like a red herring. Searching for a girl who’s allegedly walked out of her house under the influence takes a lot of responsibility away from certain people; all they have to do is lean into the ‘bizarre behaviour’ angle and call for prayers. Anyone else had this cross their mind?

In my opinion, the only people who would have informed the police that she was “hallucinating” would be the stepmom and father no? Have other witnesses backed this up?

I don’t trust it. It feels like a red herring. Searching for a girl who’s allegedly walked out of her house under the influence takes a lot of responsibility away from certain people; all they have to do is lean into the ‘bizarre behaviour’ angle and call for prayers. Anyone else had this cross their mind?

I don't think many people are picking up what the stepmom is laying down.
jmo

Absolutely. I’m focusing less on this girl’s alleged use of marijuana and more on the SM’s compulsion to use it as an explanation of what happened that morning, how she’s framing the whole discussion.

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

I’d love to see a MSM source that confirms that police have found three credible eye witnesses who saw Karlie the morning she disappeared. We are only getting that information from MG, and I don’t consider her a credible source, no offense.

Proven facts from credible sources are sparse.

And I cannot believe that LE saw MG’s videos and don’t see the red flags. JMO MOO

Woof.

I just listened to NG as well and....yeah. If they're telling the truth, they really suck at getting that across. Even if they have nothing to do with Karlie going missing, they sound like they're hiding something.

And search for a teen that "sounded" disoriented in an alleged audio clip of KG recorded by SM the night before she disappeared. (Not video, sound clip only).

I think the probability of it being synthetic marijuana is low as in this region there's so much accessible pot.

But laced with meth or something? I can see that.

Or like you said, pot itself can have some pretty hallucinatory effects. Even for people who've used it before. Get a different batch, take a more potent bond rip than typical or eat an edible - I've seen people freak out for hours. One was my friend's mother who my friend gave an edible to for her back pain! Poor lady. She's a schoolteacher and ended up in the ER thinking she was dying!!
Im curious to know what kind of school suspends students for longer than a 3-5 day period? Anything outside of that i thought would be considered an "opportunity transfer (OT)" to voluntarily choose a different school to attend, or to "expel" which forces them to attend another school. Thats a really long punishment and an entire month's loss of education, not to mention, the school gets no money unless she is present... Weird, ive never heard of any suspension at that length. Just another thing that doesnt seem right.

I disagree that LE failed to do their job, and working with FBI Sacramento. I also believe neighbors told Melissa one thing but when questioned by LE, the same alleged witnesses were not 100% certain their sighting was KG as opposed to any other teen girl from the neighborhood.
Can you or @Alethea or @alexwood link me to what has led you to believe that LE actually questioned these witnesses? I never saw anything anywhere about LE addressing them directly... Only recall that the stepmom was saying she questioned them. Thats not a reliable source for any information. Please help me to catch up with you guys...

Can you or @Alethea or @alexwood link me to what has led you to believe that LE actually questioned these witnesses? I never saw anything anywhere about LE addressing them directly... Only recall that the stepmom was saying she questioned them. Thats not a reliable source for any information. Please help me to catch up with you guys...
Confirmed by Sheriff Ingrid Braun of Mono County Sheriffs department that “three people did indeed say that they saw someone looking like Karlie walking through her neighborhood early morning October 13th.”

Transcribed from the Nancy Grace Podcast

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

I really think they need to talk to whomever was at the party and find out exactly what was going on. Maybe law enforcement is and just not divulging it to the public yet. I think it's going to be the key to what happened. Nacy Grace was right when she said Karlie telling the parents she didn't feel safe and the fact that she went missing the next morning cannot be seperated and it's an important deatil. I think drugs are definitely involved, I think she was very high on something other than pot whether beknownst to her or not, given her erratic, bizarre, "rollercoaster" behavior. The thing about drugs is they make you do all sorts of things totally out of character and lose your inhibitions and paired with lack of sleep the situation intensifies. Teens do crazy things all the time that their parents don't know about. You know, maybe she just didn't want to get in trouble or something. I am not at all blaming her though, being a teen is a tough and confusing emotional time, people make mistakes and certainly no one deserves to be harmed for that ever. It is not her fault. I truly speculate that she maybe was lured out of the house in the morning though and possibly by someone from the night beforere, and it's possible that someone had bad intentions and was taking advantage of her vulnerable and disoriented state of mind. I think all the inconsistency between parents is pure panic, stress, and frustration. From the bottom of my heart I hope for the best possible outcome and that she will show up alive and healthy. I feel so incredibly sad for her and her family.

The Mono County Sheriff’s Office posted this last evening on their FB page: [...] RSBM
To address some of your concerns:

Why isn’t there a new Press Release?

There is nothing new to report. We keep the post about Karlie pinned to the top of our Facebook page. The search for Karlie has been reported in local print media, local radio, regional television and national online media. The Missing Person flyers have been posted throughout the local area and far beyond. The Facebook shares have spread across the nation and overseas.
Are you still searching?
The ground search has concluded. For a week we searched on foot, in all-terrain vehicles, by helicopter and with scent dogs. We searched both during the day and with heat-sensing equipment at night. We searched for miles in all directions. We stopped traffic on Highway 6. Mono County and Inyo County Sheriffs’ Offices received assistance from Mono Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, Inyo Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, California Highway Patrol, CalTrans, California National Guard, and El Dorado Sheriff’s Office.
Why aren’t you organizing volunteers to search?
We cannot incur the liability of organizing or encouraging volunteers.
What’s going on with the investigation?
We have enlisted the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, South Lake Tahoe Police Department, Bishop Police Department and Inyo County Sheriff’s Office for our investigation. This is an open and ongoing investigation, and we will not discuss our investigative tactics. [emphasis added]
Can you do anything about the mean comments?

We cannot delete anything posted to our Facebook page, as we are a government page.
What about all of the other questions and comments?
All relevant questions are being investigated. Some questions we have the answers to. Some we don’t. Some questions/comments serve no purpose other than to be hurtful. We don’t mind the hurtful comments that are directed at us; we can take it. But the hurtful comments directed to Karlie’s mother, stepmother and/or father just add to their suffering, and we don’t understand that.
Mono County Sheriff's Office

Despite massive search efforts to find Karlie, including the use of scent dogs and helicopters, she has not been located. Melissa told CrimeOnline that at least three neighbors saw someone who could have been Karlie. The stepmom stated that while at least one neighbor said they spotted someone they believed to be Karlie, the other two neighbors reportedly said they couldn’t be sure, as they’ve never met the teen personally. Melissa, however, said that all three neighbors provided the same description.
Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence. Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn with the Mono County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that three separate witnesses told authorities they saw someone who looked like Karlie walking in and around the neighborhood, early morning, October 13.
Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared
The family has reportedly lived in their current neighborhood for only a couple of months, and KG unknown to most. According to NG/Crimeonline, Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn also confirmed 3 witness alleged sightings, and I don't believe her confirmation was based on SM's word alone. Sheriff Brauhn has publicly announced that help was enlisted from FBI, and several additional agencies noted above. I'm confident that the investigation is ongoing, and more information withheld from public to protect the integrity of the investigation, and safety of KG. I've also based my opinion on live interviews of KG, and not FB. I've also not seen any MSM reports since 10/15/18! Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Cheers!

That's exactly what my understanding is, Seattle1. They could not be certain it was Karlie.

One of the three, I believe, was hot tub man. He saw a teen girl with a piece of paper in her hands walking in the neighborhood.
And that's the thing, it was at 6:30am. It's still dark in bishop/chalfant area so how on earth could they see that it was Karlie? That's what I'm curious about.

Would she still be high after 9 hours and after eating?

Confirmed by Sheriff Ingrid Braun of Mono County Sheriffs department that “three people did indeed say that they saw someone looking like Karlie walking through her neighborhood early morning October 13th.”

Transcribed from the Nancy Grace Podcast

Crime Stories with Nancy Grace by Crime Online on Apple Podcasts

No, no... Show me where LE owned this. Its all heresay otherwise. I listened to the podcast and heard that the sheriff are in the process of confirming these witnesses. If that is truly the case, then why release this info before it is confirmed?

The family has reportedly lived in their current neighborhood for only a couple of months, and KG unknown to most. According to NG/Crimeonline, Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn also confirmed 3 witness alleged sightings, and I don't believe her confirmation was based on SM's word alone. Sheriff Brauhn has publicly announced that help was enlisted from FBI, and several additional agencies noted above. I'm confident that the investigation is ongoing, and more information withheld from public to protect the integrity of the investigation, and safety of KG. I've also based my opinion on live interviews of KG, and not FB. I've also not seen any MSM reports since 10/15/18! Let me know if you have further questions or concerns. Cheers!
Thank you very much. That helps alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member