CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, it will not play for me...
• What was Nancy Grace’s take on SM’s changing of the facts?
• Did Nancy Grace ask about SM’s car in shop?
• Did Nancy Grace ask if KG had been punished for smoking pot & phone taken away?
• Did Nancy Grace ask to listen to recording?
• Did Nancy Grace ask if your child is “out of it” why didn’t you take her to hospital?

TIA
My impression is that Nancy Grace doesn’t know what to believe because it was like pulling teeth (her words) to get these two to say anything!

As for the other questions...
Nancy didn’t ask the other questions and didn’t ask to listen to the recording. I believe she asked if the police knew about or heard the recording and SM said no.

Did I understand correctly when SM told Nancy Grace that she didn’t tell police about and that they haven’t heard this audio? Don’t you think the first thing you’d tell the police is, “Look! This is how crazy she was acting! Find her!”
Yes, SM first said no to sharing audio, but then backtracked and said LE took data dump of their phones.

Three different neighbors saw a teenage girl walking early on a Saturday morning. They can’t all be wrong and I highly doubt there were a few different teenage girls walking around that morning unless there are girls who regularly jog. I’m sure it would be easy to figure that out just by observing the neighborhood on subsequent weekend mornings. I personally think she hitchhiked out of the area and/or went up into the mountains and hasn’t been found yet.
Who are they? Why arent they coming forward and all over the media recounting what they saw? Why arent they all over the news, concerned and trying to help bring Karlie home? I highly doubt that 3 witnesses are hiding from the world and refuse to be decent people by speaking out about what they supposedly saw the morning Karlie went missing. Isnt it protocol for LE to interview said witnesses...? Perhaps LE made the mistake of believing Karlie's stepmom when she told them this instead of investigating whether her claims were true or not. It is my guess that they arent sure how to dig their way back out of failing to do their job without hurting their integrity.

FBI Sacramento‏Verified account @FBISacramento
16-year-old Karlie Guse has been #missing since 10/13/18 from Chalfant, located near Bishop, CA. Anyone with info about Karlie's location is urged to call the @MonoSheriff at 760-932-7549, option 7.
2:15 PM - 19 Oct 2018
Dp5odiEWkAAMT11.jpg

Who are they? Why arent they coming forward and all over the media recounting what they saw? Why arent they all over the news, concerned and trying to help bring Karlie home? I highly doubt that 3 witnesses are hiding from the world and refuse to be decent people by speaking out about what they supposedly saw the morning Karlie went missing. Isnt it protocol for LE to interview said witnesses...? Perhaps LE made the mistake of believing Karlie's stepmom when she told them this instead of investigating whether her claims were true or not. It is my guess that they arent sure how to dig their way back out of failing to do their job without hurting their integrity.
I disagree that LE failed to do their job, and working with FBI Sacramento. I also believe neighbors told Melissa one thing but when questioned by LE, the same alleged witnesses were not 100% certain their sighting was KG as opposed to any other teen girl from the neighborhood.

I disagree that LE failed to do their job, and working with FBI Sacramento. I also believe neighbors told Melissa one thing but when questioned by LE, the same alleged witnesses were not 100% certain their sighting was KG as opposed to any other teen girl from the neighborhood.

Agree with you. It sounds like they already talked to LE and provided a description of who they saw.

Honestly based on how absolutely out of control these Facebook groups get, I would never blame a witness for not making a public statement going forward. They are run by lunatic attention seekers who attach on to desperate parents. In a few of the cases we follow these groups border on interfering with a LE investigation by what they do to witnesses and how they harass people. I am sure the last thing LE wants is potential witnesses becoming tainted or fearful because of the attention. The credentialed press is bad enough.

Staff Reports
October 14, 2018

"Despite an exhaustive search of the surrounding area and neighboring town of Bishop, Karlie still has not been located," Mono Sheriff Ingrid Braun said. "Her family and friends are desperate to find her."

The Mono County Sheriff's Office has used helicopters, scent dogs, "search and rescue teams and off-road vehicles, to thoroughly search the surrounding neighborhood and high-desert terrain," Braun said. "Interviews of family and friends have been conducted, as well as a forensic investigation into her social media and electronic devices."
Mono authorities seek missing Chalfant girl

Why has media gone dark on this missing teen? What do they know that we don't know?....

That's exactly what my understanding is, Seattle1. They could not be certain it was Karlie.

One of the three, I believe, was hot tub man. He saw a teen girl with a piece of paper in her hands walking in the neighborhood.

Bio Mom states that KG was suspended from school for a month because of cannabis use, and was attending counseling on school property during suspension. (Mom was interviewed by Gray Hughes 10/25/18).

I think the probability of it being synthetic marijuana is low as in this region there's so much accessible pot.

But laced with meth or something? I can see that.

Or like you said, pot itself can have some pretty hallucinatory effects. Even for people who've used it before. Get a different batch, take a more potent bond rip than typical or eat an edible - I've seen people freak out for hours. One was my friend's mother who my friend gave an edible to for her back pain! Poor lady. She's a schoolteacher and ended up in the ER thinking she was dying!!

I think the probability of it being synthetic marijuana is low as in this region there's so much accessible pot.

But laced with meth or something? I can see that.

Or like you said, pot itself can have some pretty hallucinatory effects. Even for people who've used it before. Get a different batch, take a more potent bond rip than typical or eat an edible - I've seen people freak out for hours. One was my friend's mother who my friend gave an edible to for her back pain! Poor lady. She's a schoolteacher and ended up in the ER thinking she was dying!!
Exactly! I recall account when Maureen Dowd ate pot candy and thought she had died but nobody told her...
Maureen Dowd on pot candy bar: 'I became convinced that I had died'

Really? Shes disoriented and paranoid. She wont leave her stepmoms side. Wants her to sleep in bed with her. Wants to color and paint stepmoms nails instead of sleeping. She literally goes from behaving like a scared teenager to behaving like a happy 8 year old child? Something is very wrong here. <modsnip - not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Most IMPORTANT and curious part of the interview with the Stepmother today on Nancy Grace:

"Then when she wanted to go to bed, she didn't want to leave my side."

Very curious and interesting statement.

I'm right there with you.
I'm thinking what you're thinking.
I hope she doesn't stop talking.
Amazing to me they're not interfacing with an attorney but that's good news for investigators.

Really? Shes disoriented and paranoid. She wont leave her stepmoms side. Wants her to sleep in bed with her. Wants to color and paint stepmoms nails instead of sleeping. She literally goes from behaving like a scared teenager to behaving like a happy 8 year old child? Something is very wrong here. <modsnip - not victim friendly>.

"Gray sweat pants and white t-shirt" is description provided after the fact by neighbors that allegedly saw KG in early morning. Step M previously told LE that KG was wearing skinny jeans when she went missing because that's what she normally wears. However, when KG was last seen in bed, she was wearing creme colored t-shirt and panties. (She wasn't wearing her jeans in bed).
Karlie Gusé stepmom admits: I gave the wrong description of my daughter’s clothes

Dad and Step Mom are on Nancy Grace today- can’t wait to hear that!

<modsnip - quoted post has been removed>

<modsnip - not victim friendly>but I really disagree with your take on LE. LE can't force someone to stop talking absent a court order. If LE thinks she was involved, they want her to continue making inconsistent statements so when they interview her, they can put her inconsistent statements in front of her and ask her about the discrepancy. The worst thing that happens in an LE investigation is when subjects or witnesses get an attorney and refuse to talk. As long as she's talking, there's more material for them to question and investigate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member