DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. That's...strange.

Have the sightings been confirmed?
This is what the MCSO have last said, not sure if they were comfirmed
There were sightings of her in the area of White Mountain Estates Road and Highway 6 around 7 – 7:30 am. She was wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants.

Mono County Sheriff's Office

Yeah. That's...strange.

Have the sightings been confirmed?
I don't find it that odd that a video might have been taken by mom.

I will shamelessly admit that I did take a short video of my daughter, when I picked her up at a party, and found her drunk as a skunk. lol---I can laugh now, but it was not funny to me at the time.

She thought it was funny and she was acting like a total IDIOT--she and her friend thought they were being 'cute' ---so I video' d it and showed them the next morning. They saw how ridiculous and non-cute they actually looked and it worked for me.

Not that she never drank at a teen party again---but she never tried to get totally smashed again because she didn't like what she looked like, as she watched it back.

Our video didn't end in a scuffle however....

Last edited:
Here's a quote from article (referenced below) which mentions her shoes:

"The Sheriff's Office initially said investigators did not have a description of her clothing, but later said the teen might have had on a white T-shirt and gray sweatpants. Her mother said the teen was wearing Vans shoes."

Authorities Search for 16-Year-Old Girl Who Disappeared Over the Weekend in Mono County

BBM

Sounds like police are not entirely accepting speculation about what she was wearing.

This is what the MCSO have last said, not sure if they were comfirmed
There were sightings of her in the area of White Mountain Estates Road and Highway 6 around 7 – 7:30 am. She was wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants.

I think it would be pretty chilly that time of the morning, this time of year.

I will shamelessly admit that I did take a short video of my daughter, when I picked her up at a party, and found her drunk as a skunk. lol---I can laugh now, but it was not funny to me at the time.

She thought it was funny and she was acting like a total IDIOT--she and her friend thought they were being 'cute' ---so I video' d it and showed them the next morning. They saw how ridiculous and non-cute they actually looked and it worked for me.

Not that she never drank at a teen party again---but she never tried to get totally smashed again because she didn't like what she looked like, as she watched it back.

Yes but your daughter didn't disappear that morning! And I assume there wasn't a scuffle heard at the end of the recording.

The context is odd.

Everyone needs to listen to the podcast episode. There is a lot of information given by Karlie's bio-mom. At the very end of the podcast, the bio-mom says that the stepmother's vehicle is in the body shop. She doesn't know why -- detailing? damage repair?

I wonder how long stepmom's car has been in the body shop. It's possible it's been there since before Karlie disappeared. Still, it's curious.

Can anyone tell me if stepmom's recording of Karlie is on the NG podcast?

Last edited by a moderator:
Melissa said Karlie was in bed with her at 5;30 AM

Now read what she told dateline and tell me what you make of that.

The next morning, around 5:45 a.m., Melissa said she went through her usual routine of opening the kids’ doors and saying good morning to them. She told Dateline she saw Karlie in her bed at that time. Melissa said she then went back to sleep for a little bit. But when she woke up a little bit later and opened Karlie’s door again, Karlie was nowhere to be found.
Sixteen-year-old Karlie Gusé missing after vanishing from California home

There is a distinct discrepancy regarding where Karlie was last seen. It looks like the NG interview has Karlie in Melissa's bed at 5:30, and the Dateline interview has Karlie in her own bed at 5:45.

Did Melissa take Karlie to her own bed at 5:45, and, if so, why did she say that she was waking the children up at 5:45 AM? Why not say that she was taking a disoriented Karlie to her bed at 5:45AM, if that's what happened? Also, if her step daughter was disoriented, why was she putting her out of bed at 5:45?

What happened between 5:30 and 7:30 that morning? When was she reported missing?

Maybe she wasn't disoriented, and maybe she wasn't wearing gray sweatpants.

Tomorrows podcast should be interesting with the bio Dad and Stepmom.

I just want to make a little note, in case anything is mentioned about having a few beers after work. When my X husband would say he had a few beers after work there would be an empty 18 pack in the trash and he wouldn't remember squat what happened the night before.

There is a distinct discrepancy regarding where Karlie was last seen. It looks like the NG interview has Karlie in Melissa's bed at 5:30, and the Dateline interview has Karlie in her own bed at 5:45.

Did Melissa take Karlie to her own bed at 5:45, and, if so, why did she say that she was waking the children up at 5:45 AM? Why not say that she was taking a disoriented Karlie to her bed at 5:45AM, if that's what happened? Also, if her step daughter was disoriented, why was she putting her out of bed at 5:45?

What happened between 5:30 and 7:30 that morning? When was she reported missing?

Maybe she wasn't disoriented, and maybe she wasn't wearing gray sweatpants.
And maybe she didn't leave the house on her own and might not have been alive.

And maybe she didn't leave the house on her own and might not have been alive.

Because there is a discrepancy in when and where she was last seen, it makes the time of her disappearance more interesting. Police have said that she "might" be wearing "gray sweatpants", but it's fairly obvious that this is speculation since no one saw her leave.

What was she wearing when she was sleeping? If she was disoriented when she returned from the party, did she go to sleep in her party clothes? Where did the gray sweat pants come into the story? Did she change into them when she went to sleep, or did someone see someone wearing gray sweat pants on the road and wonder if it was Karlie?

Because there is a discrepancy in when and where she was last seen, it makes the time of her disappearance more interesting. Police have said that she "might" be wearing "gray sweatpants", but it's fairly obvious that this is speculation since no one saw her leave.

What was she wearing when she was sleeping? If she was disoriented when she returned from the party, did she go to sleep in her party clothes? Where did the gray sweat pants come into the story? Did she change into them when she went to sleep, or did someone see someone wearing gray sweat pants on the road and wonder if it was Karlie?
Sure makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Since dad says that Karlie disappeared from a party, and step-mom says that she was either in bed with her or in her own bed, I would like to hear more about the party from dad.

Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared

It’s been almost two weeks since a 16-year-old girl disappeared from her home in a small California town, and her family is desperate for her safe return. Her mother Lindsay joined “Crime Stories with Nancy Grace” on Thursday to express her fears over what may have happened to her daughter, as she continues to hit a brick wall when trying to get answers.

Podcast at link above

The Mono County Sheriff’s Office posted this last evening on their FB page:

The Missing Person investigation of Karlie Gusé continues, and we encourage everyone to share the Missing Person flyer and other Facebook posts with pictures of her. Family members have started two different accounts and are offering a reward. The Mono County Sheriff’s Office is not affiliated with the accounts or reward.

We have nothing new to report, but we do monitor all of the posts and comments. We appreciate the shares and helpful tips and advice. We have seen your questions. We also see the speculation, misinformation and even cruelty.

To address some of your concerns:

Why isn’t there a new Press Release?
There is nothing new to report. We keep the post about Karlie pinned to the top of our Facebook page. The search for Karlie has been reported in local print media, local radio, regional television and national online media. The Missing Person flyers have been posted throughout the local area and far beyond. The Facebook shares have spread across the nation and overseas.

Are you still searching?
The ground search has concluded. For a week we searched on foot, in all-terrain vehicles, by helicopter and with scent dogs. We searched both during the day and with heat-sensing equipment at night. We searched for miles in all directions. We stopped traffic on Highway 6. Mono County and Inyo County Sheriffs’ Offices received assistance from Mono Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, Inyo Sheriff’s Search and Rescue, US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, California Highway Patrol, CalTrans, California National Guard, and El Dorado Sheriff’s Office.

Why aren’t you organizing volunteers to search?
We cannot incur the liability of organizing or encouraging volunteers.

What’s going on with the investigation?
We have enlisted the assistance of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, South Lake Tahoe Police Department, Bishop Police Department and Inyo County Sheriff’s Office for our investigation. This is an open and ongoing investigation, and we will not discuss our investigative tactics.

Can you do anything about the mean comments?
We cannot delete anything posted to our Facebook page, as we are a government page.

What about all of the other questions and comments?
All relevant questions are being investigated. Some questions we have the answers to. Some we don’t. Some questions/comments serve no purpose other than to be hurtful. We don’t mind the hurtful comments that are directed at us; we can take it. But the hurtful comments directed to Karlie’s mother, stepmother and/or father just add to their suffering, and we don’t understand that.

Despite massive search efforts to find Karlie, including the use of scent dogs and helicopters, she has not been located. Melissa told CrimeOnline that at least three neighbors saw someone who could have been Karlie. The stepmom stated that while at least one neighbor said they spotted someone they believed to be Karlie, the other two neighbors reportedly said they couldn’t be sure, as they’ve never met the teen personally. Melissa, however, said that all three neighbors provided the same description.

Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence. Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn with the Mono County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that three separate witnesses told authorities they saw someone who looked like Karlie walking in and around the neighborhood, early morning, October 13.

Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared

Despite massive search efforts to find Karlie, including the use of scent dogs and helicopters, she has not been located. Melissa told CrimeOnline that at least three neighbors saw someone who could have been Karlie. The stepmom stated that while at least one neighbor said they spotted someone they believed to be Karlie, the other two neighbors reportedly said they couldn’t be sure, as they’ve never met the teen personally. Melissa, however, said that all three neighbors provided the same description.

Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence. Sheriff Ingrid Brauhn with the Mono County Sheriff’s Department confirmed that three separate witnesses told authorities they saw someone who looked like Karlie walking in and around the neighborhood, early morning, October 13.

Thanks, Jo! Sorry, I didn't see your post before I made mine immediately after. The article by Leigh Egan, at your link, clarifies answers to some of our questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli