CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced the sightings were of Karlie. Sitings were confirmed but how can anybody know for sure it was Karlie without speaking to Karlie or taking a picture?

The thing you have to keep in mind is this is a tiny subdivision surrounded by mountains. So there wouldn't be multiple 16 year old girls out walking at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning. I only believe it because all 3 descriptions matched even though none of the 3 ever spoke to each other. So that imo gives it much more weight

The thing you have to keep in mind is this is a tiny subdivision surrounded by mountains. So there wouldn't be multiple 16 year old girls out walking at 7:30 am on a Saturday morning. I only believe it because all 3 descriptions matched even though none of the 3 ever spoke to each other. So that imo gives it much more weight
I do believe all 3 could have been the same girl, I'm just not convinced that girl was Karlie.

I do believe all 3 could have been the same girl, I'm just not convinced that girl was Karlie.

At first I wasn't either. But really how many teens are out walking at 730 am on a Saturday. I think someone said there are only like 30 houses in this subdivision. Also I would think that LE would have shown them a pic of Karlie? But I don't know that for a fact

With only 35 estates in the neighborhood would be pretty easy to check if any other young women were out in the neighborhood that morning. I’m sure they did.
Some joggers can do 10 miles a day. 5 there and 5 back.

So how far are other subdivisions or residential areas from this area? Just asking.

Sometimes I would pick neighborhoods to walk through, depending on terrain. Cardio, this neighborhood or park. In the mountains there are days when you just want too stay in one altitude. So me and my friends always switch up our hikes or walks.

The Mono County Facebook page has it on there

"October 13, 2018. There were sightings of her in the area of White Mountain Estates Road and Highway 6 around 7 – 7:30 am. She was wearing a white t-shirt and gray sweatpants. Karlie is a white female, 16 years old, 5’ 07”, 110 pounds, dark blond hair and blue eyes."

Because this is such a small subdivision it is not likely there would be 2 16 year old girls out walking that early. Since none of the 3 know each other they are 3 independent descriptions that all match. So that does give it weight.

A female of any age could be mistaken for Karlie at a distance, all they'd have to have is hair of a similar style and about +/-4 inches in length, +/-4 shades in color, +/-4 inches in height, and within, say, 20 lbs in weight? It does seem, though, that in such a small place with so few houses that anyone within those variances could have been asked if they were out that morning.

I really don't know what to think, but I do hope Karlie is safe out there. On the other hand if she was only in a t-shirt and pants and had no phone, no money, and hasn't been in touch with anyone....that's extremely concerning.

Last edited:
Here is what i truly cannot understand... can

I don't get that it's as simple as one version told to LE and another version told to someone else and now that the marijuana explanation is out for the behavioral thing that that means version 1 is the correct and only version.

The morning version of who's sleeping where and whether or not Karlie was actually sleeping isn't the only thing that's got multiple versions.

Why has the version 1, assuming that is the 'real' story of what happened in those 10-12 hours had to be so jumbled up in order to cover up that Karlie was smoking pot the night before?

A female of any age could be mistaken for Karlie at a distance, all they'd have to have is hair of a similar style and about +/-4 inches in length, +/-4 shades in color, +/-4 inches in height, and within, say, 20 lbs in weight? It does seem, though, that in such a small place with so few houses that anyone within those variances could have been asked if they were out that morning.

I really don't know what to think, but I do hope Karlie is safe out there. On the other hand if she was only in a t-shirt and pants and had no phone, no money, and hasn't been in touch with anyone....that's extremely concerning.
I wonder if sm took her phone and told her to go.

I don't get that it's as simple as one version told to LE and another version told to someone else and now that the marijuana explanation is out for the behavioral thing that that means version 1 is the correct and only version.

The morning version of who's sleeping where and whether or not Karlie was actually sleeping isn't the only thing that's got multiple versions.

Why has the version 1, assuming that is the 'real' story of what happened in those 10-12 hours had to be so jumbled up in order to cover up that Karlie was smoking pot the night before?

Hard to keep up with ones lies.

I don't agree as for me it opens up other questions. I am concerned about the multiple versions of
events.

Teenagers aren't known for leaving their phones behind, particularly if it was in her bedroom or on the kitchen bench in full view.

Dope generally I believe tends to make one drowsy, have munchies and slows you down which is the opposite to the way it was stated about her behaviour?

One of the main things is that in one version sm had K sleeping in K's room, but why did sm have to go and wake her up at 5.30 am, and if there is no sport or other thing to attend why wake her at around 5.30 at all. The other version is that K slept in sm's bed and sm woke to find K gone.

Either way there has been no talk of where dad was during all this happening? If K slept with sm where did he sleep? But again where was dad?

If there was an argument wouldn't dad have woken up? Where was he during all of this happening?

The other thing I have noticed it that sm does the talking in interviews. Why isn't dad speaking up more?

These are just questions of things I have observed from comments on here. Some points may have been answered already and I have just missed them. The whole situation is weird and some questions still apply for any version.

JMO

I don't agree as for me it opens up other questions. I am concerned about the multiple versions of
events.

Teenagers aren't known for leaving their phones behind, particularly if it was in her bedroom or on the kitchen bench in full view.

Dope generally I believe tends to make one drowsy, have munchies and slows you down which is the opposite to the way it was stated about her behaviour?

One of the main things is that in one version sm had K sleeping in K's room, but why did sm have to go and wake her up at 5.30 am, and if there is no sport or other thing to attend why wake her at around 5.30 at all. The other version is that K slept in sm's bed and sm woke to find K gone.

Either way there has been no talk of where dad was during all this happening? If K slept with sm where did he sleep? But again where was dad?

If there was an argument wouldn't dad have woken up? Where was he during all of this happening?

The other thing I have noticed it that sm does the talking in interviews. Why isn't dad speaking up more?

These are just questions of things I have observed from comments on here. Some points may have been answered already and I have just missed them. The whole situation is weird and some questions still apply for any version.

JMO
Dad was drunk as reported by bio mom in gray Hughes YouTube. Maybe phone was taken away by SM because of the pot smoke?

Did the eyewitnesses say they saw someone who looked like Karlie and that this person they saw was jogging/running?

One account said she was behind a barbed wire fence which to me seems odd.

Edited to add link

Where is Karlie Gusé ? Desperate search for young girl intensifies as mystery surrounds how, why she disappeared
This is an interesting read.
Lindsay is the bio mom. Melissa is the SM.

“Nobody is treating this as anything other than a missing person at this point,” Lindsay told Nancy Grace, explaining that Melissa recorded Karlie the night she brought her home, and it appeared that there may have been some sort of scuffle.

Lindsey indicated that the recording ended before she could determine if there indeed was some sort of altercation, but it left her feeling bewildered and worried. Lindsey is now pleading for help and hoping someone, somewhere will come forward with information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025