CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dad was drunk as reported by bio mom in gray Hughes YouTube. Maybe phone was taken away by SM because of the pot smoke?

Still if dad was drunk where was he? In bed with sm and K, on the lounge, no matter where K was sleeping there has been no mention of where dad was.

What did dad do in the morning it was realised K was missing? We have heard nothing about dad.

If sm did take K's phone, K left before sm was awake and it has been stated as either in her bedroom (boyfriend) or just sitting openly on the kitchen bench per sm's statement. Either way she was free to take her phone with her.

The whole situation is confusing and I am it is very sus given that there are so many versions of what occurred.

JMO

Still if dad was drunk where was he? In bed with sm and K, on the lounge, no matter where K was sleeping there has been no mention of where dad was.

What did dad do in the morning it was realised K was missing? We have heard nothing about dad.

If sm did take K's phone, K left before sm was awake and it has been stated as either in her bedroom (boyfriend) or just sitting openly on the kitchen bench per sm's statement. Either way she was free to take her phone with her.

The whole situation is confusing and I am it is very sus given that there are so many versions of what occurred.

JMO
SM talked about coming home with K, and how the family (Dad and brothers and K) watched TV and/or a movie. BioM gave interview 10/25 to Gray Hughes Investigates program, and NB I think the day before. She reported that Dad told her how much he had to drink when he informed her K missing. BioM also said Dad had previously stopped drinking, but had recently resumed.

Last edited:
SM talked about coming home with K, and how the family (Dad and brothers and K) watched TV and/or a movie. BioM gave interview 10/25 to Gray Hughes Investigates program, and NB I think the day before. She reported that Dad told her how much he had to drink when he informed her K missing. BioM also said Dad had previously stopped drinking, but had recently resumed.

Hi Seattle1, can you please kindly bump @grayhuze ‘s video? Tia.

This is an interesting read.
Lindsay is the bio mom. Melissa is the SM.

“Nobody is treating this as anything other than a missing person at this point,” Lindsay told Nancy Grace, explaining that Melissa recorded Karlie the night she brought her home, and it appeared that there may have been some sort of scuffle.

Lindsey indicated that the recording ended before she could determine if there indeed was some sort of altercation, but it left her feeling bewildered and worried. Lindsey is now pleading for help and hoping someone, somewhere will come forward with information.
Interviewer G Hughes followed up this statement by Lindsey when he interviewed her. I believe "scuffle" was a poor choice of words by Lindsey because when she was pressed about this "scuffle", she explained that it was like "blankets shuffling." She also said that SM said Karlie was jumping like a "Ninja" during this time. Why SM only recorded audio, and not video of Karlie's actions is suspicious to me. MOO

SM wad still confused by the clothes on NG. When asked whether the sweatpants were still at home, she didn't know. I don't understand at this point how she hasn't combed through to figure out whether the sweatpants are the or not. That would be the obvious thing to do and would quickly confirm those sightings.
The discrepancy about clothes Karlie allegedly left home wearing is what makes me skeptical about alleged witness sightings. SM stated KG was wearing "skinny jeans" but changed her story to fit the description of what girl in alleged sightings was wearing (i.e., gray sweat pants). If you listen to NG interview of Dad and SM, they're still vague about clothing and became defensive during this question IMO. It was very odd.

Bumping -- County Sheriff Search Update
October 15, 2018
Authorities Search for 16-Year-Old Girl Who Disappeared Over the Weekend in Mono County

Karlie Lain Guse was last seen during the early morning hours on Saturday in the area of White Mountain Estates Road and Ponderosa Street, the Mono County Sheriff’s Office posted on its Facebook page. [...]

Scent dogs, helicopters and ground resources were utilized in the search for Guse, but she still had not been located as of Monday afternoon.

An "exhaustive search" took place around her home and in the nearby city of Bishop, which is over the county line in Inyo County, and "many inquiries" had been made with the teen's friends in Bishop, the Sheriff's Office said.

Bumping -- County Sheriff Search Update

The Sheriff was out searching again yesterday in the desert by the house. I am friends with her cousin on FB (how I came to know the case) and she posted it on her FB with pics.

Also they are saying that one of the people that saw her that morning knew her and that she looked right at him. He is supposed to be well known in the community. However I find it odd that they waited this long to say that. But maybe LE asked them to wait?

JMO

I would have thought that the dad would have slept in his own bed. There's been no version I've heard where he was in Karlie's room that night.

On the NG episode with the stepmom and dad, the dad was in the same room when Karlie was asking about painting nails and wanting to color. He also said that Karlie had said, in her disoriented/paranoid state that she was scared of both stepmom and him. I think that was when Karlie was standing in the corner of a room 'acting paranoid'.

In another version Karlie was saying those things about painting nails and coloring during the night with the stepmom in her room.

Was it both? Was it one or the other?

On the Gray Hughes with the bio mom, she said that Karlie's dad (and the stepmom) went out searching for Karlie when they realised she was missing (aka noticed she was 'gone'). From what I'm hearing they seem to have been out in different vehicles looking for Karlie.

Karlie's dad (again from the Gray Hughes vid) was the one who phoned Karlie's biomom to tell her that Karlie was gone, and I think that was around 9.30am...I'm not sure if that was while he was still out looking or when he got back from looking, because the biomom said something about on that call the dad was complaining about his truck had broken down?

At some point Karlie's boyfriend was also contacted to say that Karlie was missing, and he's supposed to have gone into Karlie's room, where according to the bio mom he saw Karlie's phone on a nightstand. The phone was in the kitchen when LE arrived and the stepmom said it had been there all the time.

I am also confused where the fence was and why Karlie (or the female we think was Karlie) was 'behind' this fence?

The discrepancy about clothes Karlie allegedly left home wearing is what makes me skeptical about alleged witness sightings. SM stated KG was wearing "skinny jeans" but changed her story to fit the description of what girl in alleged sightings was wearing (i.e., gray sweat pants). If you listen to NG interview of Dad and SM, they're still vague about clothing and became defensive during this question IMO. It was very odd.

It's a safe bet that step mum does the laundry in the house, not wanting to sound sexist that's just how it is in most houses I've ever known. I know when I lived at home my mum could have gone through my clothes and told you exactly what I was wearing by what was missing. Why can't step mum do the same here and give us a definite answer on what Karlie is wearing?

It's a safe bet that step mum does the laundry in the house, not wanting to sound sexist that's just how it is in most houses I've ever known. I know when I lived at home my mum could have gone through my clothes and told you exactly what I was wearing by what was missing. Why can't step mum do the same here and give us a definite answer on what Karlie is wearing?

SM didn't see Karlie leave the house (according to her, of course). She saw Karlie's outfit the night before (skinny jeans) and saw what she slept in (undies) so she put information together and made an assumption. It sounds like Karlie never changed her top as the stepmom's description of white t-shirt matched the sighings. She corrected the info after the sightings. It has been reported that Karlie only wore skinny jeans when she was out. If this is the case, she could have 5, 10, 20 pairs of skinny jeans. They really aren't that expensive and can be purchased as little as 10 bucks a pop. Its like my legging collection. Unless you knew exactly how many leggings I own (over 10), you'd only be able to assume I was wearing them. I guess the clothing description doesn't really bother me and can see exactly how the stepmom came to that description.

I see this as SM not wanting to put it out everywhere that Karlie was smoking pot because she thought she would come home eventually. Getting suspended for drug use is probably humiliating whether you think pot or bad or not (I definitely don't) so I could see this being the cliche straw that breaks the camel's back. I think the sightings were probably Karlie and she did leave out of embarrassment and fear of punishment and is either a) hiding and every day it gets harder and harder to come home or b) after she left, something happened to her either through getting lost and injured or by a bad character.

I would have thought that the dad would have slept in his own bed. There's been no version I've heard where he was in Karlie's room that night.

On the NG episode with the stepmom and dad, the dad was in the same room when Karlie was asking about painting nails and wanting to color. He also said that Karlie had said, in her disoriented/paranoid state that she was scared of both stepmom and him. I think that was when Karlie was standing in the corner of a room 'acting paranoid'.

In another version Karlie was saying those things about painting nails and coloring during the night with the stepmom in her room.

Was it both? Was it one or the other?

On the Gray Hughes with the bio mom, she said that Karlie's dad (and the stepmom) went out searching for Karlie when they realised she was missing (aka noticed she was 'gone'). From what I'm hearing they seem to have been out in different vehicles looking for Karlie.

Karlie's dad (again from the Gray Hughes vid) was the one who phoned Karlie's biomom to tell her that Karlie was gone, and I think that was around 9.30am...I'm not sure if that was while he was still out looking or when he got back from looking, because the biomom said something about on that call the dad was complaining about his truck had broken down?

At some point Karlie's boyfriend was also contacted to say that Karlie was missing, and he's supposed to have gone into Karlie's room, where according to the bio mom he saw Karlie's phone on a nightstand. The phone was in the kitchen when LE arrived and the stepmom said it had been there all the time.

I am also confused where the fence was and why Karlie (or the female we think was Karlie) was 'behind' this fence?
The fence lines the highway

It has changed from what the public has been given, but the original statements from police have always had the disoriented description so I believe the police have had the correct timeline all along
It doesnt matter either way if you ask me. Telling LE one thing and the rest of the world lies while asking for the public's assistance in locating your missing child is pretty inexcusable and pointless. I cant see any good reason to behave like this. I find this behavior questionable. Its definitely not going to help the investigation IMO. Pretty amazing the amount of tolerance people have with the fact that the SM keeps changing her story. It isnt hard to just shut your mouth rather than spinning a web of lies. Its actually much easier than having to explain yourself once youve been caught. JMO.

I do all the laundry in our home. (I like doing it!) I’m pretty much the Queen of everyone’s wardrobes and I can tell you where I’ve last seen an item (Gray pinstripe suit is at the dry cleaners, your black high-tops are under the sofa, the blue hoodie is in the dryer) but there is so much of it, I wouldn’t know what’s missing. My kids have ten times the clothing that I had when I was their ages. (Lucky kids!)

Still at the point where I know exactly what they’re wearing each day.

I see this as SM not wanting to put it out everywhere that Karlie was smoking pot because she thought she would come home eventually. Getting suspended for drug use is probably humiliating whether you think pot or bad or not (I definitely don't) so I could see this being the cliche straw that breaks the camel's back. I think the sightings were probably Karlie and she did leave out of embarrassment and fear of punishment and is either a) hiding and every day it gets harder and harder to come home or b) after she left, something happened to her either through getting lost and injured or by a bad character.
Sadly, your option B is more plausible at this point. I think the getting lost scenario is the most likely given the rugged terrain and wide open spaces surrounding the area where she was walking.

Based on the length of time SM said passed between when she fell back asleep and woke up and Karlie was gone, if she got up and walked out of the house and down the highway she would've gotten about 3-5 miles. By the time SM, dad, etc. realized what was up and tried looking for her, she could've been even further away.

Most likely scenario to me is what you said about Karlie leaving out of embarrassment/fear/etc. and then the combination of her whirlwind of emotions and being 16 years old she got lost without a phone or any way to contact someone. I can see Karlie just walking down the highway running through all the scenarios in her head about admitting to the pot smoking and being an emotional mess. Then she looks up and realizes 'where the heck am I?'. She may have even tried to get back home - who knows.

Abduction along the highway is possible but that would have to be an incredibly coordinated string of events in that Karlie leaves, she either takes or solicits a ride from someone who happens to be going down the highway at the exact time she left but who also has bad intentions. I can't rule that out but getting lost is still the most likely scenario imo.

It doesnt matter either way if you ask me. Telling LE one thing and the rest of the world lies while asking for the public's assistance in locating your missing child is pretty inexcusable and pointless. I cant see any good reason to behave like this. I find this behavior questionable. Its definitely not going to help the investigation IMO. Pretty amazing the amount of tolerance people have with the fact that the SM keeps changing her story. It isnt hard to just shut your mouth rather than spinning a web of lies. Its actually much easier than having to explain yourself once youve been caught. JMO.

It's amazing how easy a ride the SM is getting as you say. She just can't keep her story straight. There's two types of people that can't do that. 1. People with a medical problem or disability that means they can't remember things or 2. Liars.

I'd like to elaborate more on my theory in regards to what SM is holding back but I think I'd probably end up breaking the rules so can't unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz