CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Melissa, you told NBC, the next morning that at 5:45 a.m., you did your usual routine of opening up the kids’ doors, saying good morning, getting them ready for school -- that sort of thing. Did you – she was still in bed at that time. Did you go back and lay down?” Dr. Phil asked Melissa on the show which aired on March 25, 2019.

The next morning was Saturday. Who gets their kids up at 5:45am on Saturday? Of course she revised her story.
I'm with bio-mom, something wrong in this household.
Why lie? I think that's when she got the kids up to take them to her brother's house. That statement didn't come out of thin air and don't think bio-mom made it up out of whole cloth.

The next morning was Saturday. Who gets their kids up at 5:45am on Saturday? Of course she revised her story.
I'm with bio-mom, something wrong in this household.
Why lie? I think that's when she got the kids up to take them to her brother's house. That statement didn't come out of thin air and don't think bio-mom made it up out of whole cloth.
Sooo this is my first time hearing/realizing it was a Saturday. Oh SM.

It was still dark enough. Sunrise BEGAN at 7:00:44

Sunrise and sunset times in Bishop, CA - October 2018

I pay attention to that stuff because I jog in mountain lion country and always time when it's going to set and how long I have from the time it begins. Same is reverse for sunrise (which is I admittedly don't jog in LOL. Too early!)

I wonder if she could have been hit by a car in the early morning by someone after she was seen by the neighbor walking, and then whomever hit her panicked. It could have initially been an accident, but she could have been critically injured. If the person was intoxicated, they may have not seen her in the dark. JMO

If KLG was out walking at 6:30am (as reported by whomever that witness was) then theoretically someone out driving could have been involved in an accident with her.

Of course, if that was the case, there would be a vehicle with some type of damage. And, if LE was following up on any/all possibilities, they would have checked into this, right?

Link from quoted post (Thank you gitana1) showing sunrise for the area.

I second all you just said! Unless a persons been there, done that no one imo should criticize. There’s no proof of either of them disappearing Karlie. I would hate being in their shoes right now. Moo

I've been there with a missing family member. Lying to the media? No. That's not normal. Neither is constantly changing stories.

I don't know what happened but my gut reaction is that SM is sketchy and lying. However, I am glad the show has put focus back on Karlie and hope it can spark some kind of progress, maybe someone will remember something.

I find the dad almost worse, frankly, in his comments and demeanor.

Watching Dr. Phil, though, SM lied several times. When he confronted them on why they refused to give the producers the witnesses' contact info when asked, her immediate response was, "Nooooo?" As in, "That didn't happen. We weren't asked."

But then the dad stepped in and simply admitted he didn't want to give that info and wouldn't.

These people are liars. Why?

I don't know.

For the record, I don't know what happened here and why these people are behaving this way.

If KLG was out walking at 6:30am (as reported by whomever that witness was) then theoretically someone out driving could have been involved in an accident with her.

Of course, if that was the case, there would be a vehicle with some type of damage. And, if LE was following up on any/all possibilities, they would have checked into this, right?

Link from quoted post (Thank you gitana1) showing sunrise for the area.
You do know that Melissa had damage to her car and put it into the body shop and had it detailed (CLEANED) directly, right? Not sure if it was the same day or day after.

Has anyone read where Zac or Melissa work/do for a living?

IMO this is a very dysfunctional family. Dad is a "drinker" and BM is an admitted past drug addict. Karlie was already in trouble at school for smoking pot. This wasn't her first rodeo.

IMO this is a family full of secrets which is why they didn't take her to ER.

Originally the story was the dad was passed out and never saw Karlie that night. I believe this to be the true version. But I think it was very telling that on DP, he said he woke up and saw Karlie and thought "oh its the drugs" and went back to bed. Think about that. What parent does that? Why was he so nonchalant about her drug use?

I do think they are both still lying, but I don't think they killed her. IMO something happened at 5:30 am. I think SM and Karlie got in a huge blowup. I think SM had to be exhausted by then and tired of dealing with Karlie. Maybe she slapped her and Karlie stormed out of the house. In my experience with teen girls storming out is a routine thing. I think SM then went to bed thinking she would be back. But she didn't come back. I think then at 7 am is when she woke up dad and they started looking. Just a theory.

I have always felt someone picked her up on the highway. The dogs tracked her scent to the highway and stopped. They never found her scent in the desert

You do know that Melissa had damage to her car and put it into the body shop and had it detailed (CLEANED) directly, right? Not sure if it was the same day or day after.

Has anyone read where Zac or Melissa work/do for a living?
You’re absolutely correct that Melissa had her car detailed and repaired from what she described as “frantically looking for her child in the desert and running over boulders”
Would be interesting to see the mechanics repair write up for what damages they fixed.
Melissa is a public service employee of sorts. I believe she works for the county. I am unaware of Zac’s occupation.

Just started following since day #1 of Dr. Phil. I'm not asking anyone to do my homework but does anyone have a link for 2 tape recordings of Karlie if it doesn't take too much time. tia

@SuziQ
Is it at all possible to ask your son if Karlie's brother ever mentioned what his home life was like? Or do you already know the family dynamic?
Sorry to intrude but I think this is very important. Thanks.

I think I should clear up who is who. My son served with my friends son, not the SM's son. So I won't be any help there. I wish I had more to offer. I feel something very bad happened to Karlie.

I think I should clear up who is who. My son served with my friends son, not the SM's son. So I won't be any help there. I wish I had more to offer. I feel something very bad happened to Karlie.

There has been a lot of chatter about the brother and family on FB but I don't think we can discuss that.

I grew up in this same area, I lived just outside the town that is 12 miles away, the only source of services or stores -- Bishop, CA.

I will tell anyone who listens two things, this area is known to have tons of "older" pedophiles and sex offenders. I know this first hand when I was a teenager there was always creepy old men hanging around our local park and schools. If you look up the town on the California database it pop-ups like dots everywhere--really its pretty shocking. I personally believe that if she is still in the area still, she is being held against he will by one of these creeps.

Another element is that were she was spotted, at the adjunct of the highway--That highway is heavily traveled by long haul truckers going between Tonopah/Reno, Nevada and Los Angeles. Once you take highway 6 to Bishop, you connect to highway 395 and from there you can go south to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, San Diego, Phoenix--really the roads are endless. She could have been picked up by a trucker and killed or worse sold into sex trafficking.

One thing the police should do or should have was to look into trucking records and the one gas station in town that services semi trucks.

This area is so remote, almost 6 hours north of LA and 4 hours south of Reno, there is not much by way of services until you get down to the lower desert communities along highway 395 and the 14 freeway.

There is one gas station/rest stop in Coso Junction, its a chevron station its the only one open at that hour that is serviced by the semi truck, many truckers "camp" in the lot next to the store.

I personally think the police would have wise to investigated the cameras of the stores/gas stations along the highway, if she is alive and was alive after leaving the road/highway intersection sighting, she would have had to stop somewhere along the way; if she was hitchhiking of her own free will it shocks me that by now no one has every spotted her, not one.

Since I grew up here until I was 18 I feel connect to this case. Unfortunately I know what it is like to be a teen stuck in this small town, she could have just left with the hopes of going to a friends place or whatever happened at that party the night before made her want to run away. Has any of her friends come forward about what happened at the party ? (the step mom said she was scared and looked like she saw a ghost) is it possible that a boy could have tried something? I know from personal experience in this same town that is a real possibility..

This town is small, and so is the police force investigating this. It the neighboring county, the city of Bishop their police force should be working on this because they are larger and have more resources. Inyo Co (Bishop is the county seat) should also be in on this giving assistance where needed. Mono County is severely short staffed as there is only one in-cooperated town, Mammoth Lakes which is an hour away. The police needed to establish a multi county/city task force IMO. I think that they dropped the ball by immediately thinking it was a run away situation, there was no real evidence to suggest she left because she wanted to, they should have waited longer to make that ruling, but then again its a small police force, and lets be honest here they don't do hardly anything other then drug busts and speeding tickets, having lived there I feel like they just didn't want have to do any real police work.

Excellent post with so many valid points! Thanks for sharing this info.

Since no one has provided a link so far for a 2nd tape, I've started on page one. Boy, there sure are a lot of modsnips for not victim friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie