Found Deceased CA - Katherine Schneider, 17, last seen leaving home, Saratoga, 5 July 2023 *car found*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
August 13, 2023 sad update - found decreased.

[…]

The body of 17-year-old Katherine Schneider has been found in the Santa Cruz mountains, just over a month after she was reported missing from her Saratoga home.

[…]

How terribly sad. I'm not sure what I thought but... I really wasn't thinking this would be the outcome.

From the find_katie_schneider instagram group:

"It's with heavy hearts that we must announce the devastating news that our beloved Katie Schneider has passed away in a car accident. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office informed us that Katie’s remains were found in the vicinity of her vehicle in a ravine near Castle Rock State Park. At this time, the circumstances surrounding the heartbreaking incident are still under investigation."

Heartbreaking for the family- the car was found quite a few days ago- and now they found the body. So sad and shocking.

From the find_katie_schneider instagram group:

"It's with heavy hearts that we must announce the devastating news that our beloved Katie Schneider has passed away in a car accident. The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office informed us that Katie’s remains were found in the vicinity of her vehicle in a ravine near Castle Rock State Park. At this time, the circumstances surrounding the heartbreaking incident are still under investigation."

Heartbreaking for the family- the car was found quite a few days ago- and now they found the body. So sad and shocking.
It seems that the news that the car was in an accident was out there somewhere, yet it wasn't made public. I wonder why? I can't imagine anyone more "critically missing" than a possible accident victim, and yet so little was released about this case.

There some online mumblings by a young man who said they saw the car being pulled up from a ditch on the day it was found.... like.... a week ago- and the news reports showed people rappelling down a ravine .... not sure how far her body would have been from the vehicle but.... to take 7 days to find the body seems reallllllllly odd....

Last edited:
Human remains were found near the missing Saratoga teen's car in Santa Clara County. The family of Katherine "Katie" Schneider said the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office confirmed to the family they belong to the teen

There some online mumblings by a young man who said they saw the car being pulled up from a ditch on the day it was found.... like.... a week ago- and the news reports showed people rappelling down a ravine .... not sure how far her body would have been from the vehicle but.... to take 7 days to find the body seems reallllllllly odd....
Coincidentally, you can see them rappell at @imstilla.grandma link below your post...

I wonder if she slammed on the brakes/impacted the ditch, and the impact threw her out the front windshield.

"The Santa Clara County Sheriff’s office informed us that Katie’s remains were found in the vicinity of her vehicle in a ravine near Castle Rock State Park. At this time, the circumstances surrounding the heartbreaking incident are still under investigation," Nola wrote Sunday.

If it was an auto accident why wouldn’t she be near enough to the car to be found? I wonder if she hit her head in the accident, got out of the car, got disoriented with a hard injury and didn’t find her way back to the car?

From what the video shows, it appears the ravine is extremely overgrown and possibly very steep as well since they had to rappel down it. Even with professionals searching areas it can be easy to overlook things in those types of environments—I’m reminded of another case that happened outside Philly where a young woman ran her car off the road but it took weeks for them to find her body in the woods after she went through the sunroof during the accident. :(

Very sad outcome :( RIP Katie!

i had a very similar case in the 1970’s where a boy left his house in Pennsylvania to to go back to the University of Maryland for the second semester but never arrived. Since No Department had a helicopter the family hired one to search his expexcted route of travel but nothing was found. Two months later Highway workers found the car and deceased driver at the bottom of a steep ravine at 270 and what was 470. He had a choice of driving left towards College Park or going right towards Virginia. Since it happened around noon on a Sunday I could never accept that no one saw him drive off of busy interstate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back