CA - Katrina Rivera, 30, & baby Josiah, Bakersfield, 8 Dec 2016 *Suspect suicide*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
whether he is mentally ill or not, he is certainly evil :(

Just when you think you've heard it all..this is just horrific. I don't know if I even want to step foot in this thread anymore.
Bless this mother and child.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

This article gives more details about the chase and apprehension from court docs.

Snip:
The documents state Vela held his baby out of the window of his vehicle during the pursuit.

A California Highway Patrol officer laid down a spike strip, and says Vela tried to run him over as he drove though the spike strip.

Vela pulled over on Mount Vernon Avenue, near East Bakersfield High School, and the documents state he got out and used his son as a shield against responding K-9 officers, then threw the baby into a gutter after one of the K-9 dogs bit the blanket the baby was in, and ran from the scene.

One of the K-9 officers also apprehend Vela and he was taken into custody.
http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/new...murder-of-girlfriend-and-unborn-son/620701760
------------
Gotta love the K-9s.

Vela's arraignment is on for tomorrow at 3 pm.

ugh so there was some sexual crimes. what in the hell? how evil. tossing a newborn around like a rag doll. disgusting. base. sickening. I cant say more without violating TOS.

holeeee sheeeet I may need to take a break for few days

Katrina and baby Josiah were laid to rest in a private funeral on December 21.

See, I may be flamed for what I am going to say, but this is my true opinion, so...I don't care if you are male/female/whatever, if you take someone's life other than self-defense (no other option, kill or be killed), you should be held accountable. PERIOD. ESPECIALLY if you are already dxed with a mental illness and are on medication and CHOOSE to go off the meds. That was freedom of CHOICE. I used to be ashamed, but when I was 17, I was diagnosed w/ Bipolar Disorder (I am 40 now). From the time I was dxed, I learned everything I could about my illness and learned that medication is a necessary part of living a "normal" and successful life. I now have several degrees, including grad degrees in Psychology and Education because I would not let it rule my life. I HAVE NO sympathy for someone who CHOOSES to go off meds. The victims are STILL dead and he must STILL pay.

He may have become unwell whilst still taking his medication. People who are taking their meds correctly can still suffer relapses and become psychotic. Or he may have had breakthrough symptoms that impaired his ability to remember to or want to take his meds (people with paranoid delusions may be convinced that their medication is poison, for example). Or he may have suffered from anosognosia, which many people with schizophrenia do, where a patient is literally unable to understand that they are ill.

He may have become unwell whilst still taking his medication. People who are taking their meds correctly can still suffer relapses and become psychotic. Or he may have had breakthrough symptoms that impaired his ability to remember to or want to take his meds (people with paranoid delusions may be convinced that their medication is poison, for example). Or he may have suffered from anosognosia, which many people with schizophrenia do, where a patient is literally unable to understand that they are ill.
Thank you. My father committed suicide because of this and being over prescribed lithium off and on and I am of firm belief that the major factor in his death was the ultimate sacrifice to protect his family from his illness. He desperately tried to stay on his meds but couldn't and it wasn't anything so simple as a choice.

How did I miss this thread??? Maybe the "and baby" kept me away.

So I'm confused are they saying that the body is Manuel or he killed the inmate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did I miss this thread??? Maybe the "and baby" kept me away.

So I'm confused are they saying that the body is Manuel or he killed the inmate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dead inmate was in a single-person cell; seems more like suicide.

I don't think the identity of the body has been released yet.

(IIRC, the news reported that Manuel Vela was on suicide watch after he was arrested.)

Refreshed my memory; the early news reports all indicated that Vela was on suicide watch immediately following his arrest a month ago.

If the body found yesterday is Vela's, it appears he was 'probably' no longer on suicide watch.

Snip:
The department hasn't released any information on how the man died, but said he didn't have a cellmate.

Spokesman Ray Pruitt said, "It's my understanding he was not on suicide watch. He was housed in a single cell here at the max-med facility, but it was my understanding that he was not on suicide watch when he was found." http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/new...ne-of-an-inmate-death-at-lerdo-jail/637195346

I wonder why it's not being confirmed in the MSM. Surely LE has been able to notify his family by now.

I won't be surprised if there's evidence that guards weren't watching or monitoring according to procedure, whether he was off suicide-watch or not. That's been the case in several of the high-profile prison breaks over the last couple of years.

I dont know. It happened in the afternoon..so you think on the medical floor would be numerous checks.
Family has been notified...the coronor only releases after family notification is made.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back