GUILTY CA - Keithan Panyavong, 19 mos, Escondido, 7 Dec 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't buy her story. What kind of mother would dump her child in a dumpster...accident or not. That isn't a mother.

When you go to the link, on the right hand side are videos of the family and detectives. Interesting.

I don't buy her story either Saavy. I feel so bad for the other two children. It was the seven year old sister who asked where little Keithan was before anyone decided he was "missing." At NOON?

Gidgette said:
http://www.10news.com/news/10507762/detail.html

I appologize if I have overlooked this case on another thread. But I have followed it the last couple of days and now they have found him.

This one is really sad. We've been following it on the Missing forums.

That is quite a family set up. Husband out til 4:30 am with the 7 year old girl...don't know if he is her father. Wife has meth problem...up and down all night, even cooking noodles in the middle of the night....then sleeps in that morning. She is married to the brother of the toddler's father and there is another male living in the home who is unrelated.

The father was digging in the back yard looking for the little boy. I wonder if she buried him first, then moved him to the dumpster?

Saavy said:
I don't buy her story. What kind of mother would dump her child in a dumpster...accident or not. That isn't a mother.
I don't buy it either. If she ACCIDENTALLY overmedicated him to the point of him dying, she wouldn't have thrown him in the dumpster like a piece of trash. The video of her pleading for him.....what a freaking joke. Lock her up and throw away the key. Better yet, maybe someone should "overmedicate" HER, and throw HER in a dumpster. It was good enough for her little boy, it ought to be good enough for her. Lying, murdering bi*ch!!!!

I have nooooo patience for so called "mothers" who do this to their children. If she didn't want him, there are many people in the world....GOOD people, unlike herself, who could've taken CARE of this little boy, not kill him.

SewingDeb said:
This one is really sad. We've been following it on the Missing forums.

That is quite a family set up. Husband out til 4:30 am with the 7 year old girl...don't know if he is her father. Wife has meth problem...up and down all night, even cooking noodles in the middle of the night....then sleeps in that morning. She is married to the brother of the toddler's father and there is another male living in the home who is unrelated.

The father was digging in the back yard looking for the little boy. I wonder if she buried him first, then moved him to the dumpster?

OMG Sewing Deb - I hadn't heard all of this. Now I am even more sickened.

I recant my post about this being an accident. i didn't know there was more info about this on here. I guess maybe I am naive and was hoping it was an accident.

2sisters said:
I recant my post about this being an accident. i didn't know there was more info about this on here. I guess maybe I am naive and was hoping it was an accident.

This one is really wierd...I don't know if she regularly medicated him so she could sleep all day or what. He was born with Meth in his system. Lots of links and information on the missing forum thread for him.

Again? I just saw this earlier on the missing forum where the latest was the father said he thought he knew where he was and was alive. This is just insane :(

2sisters said:
Oh my, this sounds like a horrible accident on the mothers part and then she panicked. I am so scared of accidental overdoses. i know it's a nono, but I get so paraniod that on prescriptions and over the counter drugs, I never give the full dose. My daughter has been prescribed steroids twice for respiratory stuff and those scare me the most.

2sisters....I can understand that fear, but you do need to give the full dose.

2sisters said:

2sisters - I think most of us try to see the good in people. Most oof us couldn't even fathom such a thing so when we hear these horror stories I think we are trying to protect ourselves from thinking that there really are monsters out there that claim to be human beings.

Sad - sad story. I am so sorry for the other kids. They have lost their little brother and their mom and in the one article it says the little seven year old went to kiss her little brother and mommy (dearest) told her to leave him alone he was sleeping. Sounds like she kissed him anyway. Bless her little heart.

And what in the he!! was a little seven year old doing out with her dad until 4 AM or so? This story will probably only get worse before it gets any better.

KatK said:
There is a discussion here on this. ;)

Actually we are not supposed to discuss the case on the Missing Information and Support thread. That's for information and support of the family members who may be reading. That's why I started this thread in the correct spot. I have gotten in trouble for "discussing" on the support and information thread before...lol.

I see this case is now being discussed in the Crimes In The News also.

These parents should be...well shot. :banghead: :mad:
May the baby rest in peace.

That woman makes me sick to my stomach. Even if she DID accidentally poison her son, how could she dump his body like trash? I'm so tired of hearing stories like this.

This thread should be moved to the "Found" section.

Prayers for that poor little boy.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16188118/

Baby found dead in trash bin; mother held

Police: Woman who reported 19-month-old missing says death an accident

Updated: 12:20 p.m. ET Dec 13, 2006

ESCONDIDO, Calif. - A woman who reported her young son missing over the weekend was booked on suspicion of murder after sheriff’s investigators found his small body stuffed in a trash bin near the family’s home, authorities said Wednesday.

Erika Panyavong, 30, told investigators Tuesday night that 19-month-old Keithan’s death was an accident, said Capt. Clay Reynard, a San Diego County Sheriff’s Department spokesman.

“The baby was sick, she gave the baby some medication and the next thing she knew the baby wasn’t breathing, Reynard said.

On Sunday afternoon, Panyavong had told investigators a different story.
The parents said Keithan disappeared sometime after he was put to bed Saturday night. Their missing child report triggering a search that included canine squads, a helicopter team and about 50 volunteers.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Sick, sick, sick! OD'd the baby on meds, which may or may not have been an accident... discovers the baby is not breathing, so what... SHE THROWS HIM AWAY?!!?

What a sick whacko...

MagicRose99 said:
Sick, sick, sick! OD'd the baby on meds, which may or may not have been an accident... discovers the baby is not breathing, so what... SHE THROWS HIM AWAY?!!?

What a sick whacko...

THE MOTHER IS A METH ADDICT.......

XXXXXOOOOOO
MAMA

What killed 19-month-old Keithan Panyavong will remain a mystery for several weeks as investigators wait for toxicology results.

An autopsy performed yesterday on the Escondido-area toddler found no signs of trauma. The boy's body was found in a trash bin Tuesday night, two days after he was reported missing by his family.

The boy's mother, Erika Panyavong, 30, is being held at the Las Colinas Detention Facility on suspicion of murder. Her arraignment is scheduled for tomorrow at the Vista courthouse.

Panyavong was arrested Tuesday night after she led detectives to an EDCO trash container in front of a house on Rock Springs Road, where she confessed to dumping her son's body over the weekend. The body, still clad in pajamas, was found in a trash bag that was knotted at both ends.

After misleading investigators since Sunday, claiming her son went missing, Panyavong revealed to detectives that she may have accidentally given him an overdose of medicine.

Detectives are expected to meet with the District Attorney's Office within the next few days to discuss whether there is enough evidence to prosecute Panyavong on murder charges.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/northcounty/20061214-9999-1mi14toddler.html

SAN DIEGO -- High-ranking law enforcement sources tell NBC 7/39 that the father of a toddler whose body was dumped in a North County trash bin is a member of a notorious drug gang.

~SNIP
But a law enforcement source told NBC 7/39 that the father was under investigation even before Keithan's disappearance. Phrakousonh is a member of an Asian gang called TOC or The Oriental Crips, the source said. The gang, which is based in the South Bay area of San Diego County, is allegedly involved in drug trafficking. They specialize in methamphetamine, the source said.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/10533049/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back