GUILTY CA - Kenneth Parnell for trying to buy 4yo boy, Berkeley, 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now he will FINALLY pay the price for what he has done!!
Welcomew to HELL Parnell!!

Best news I've heard all day.

Best news I've heard all day.

Me too, I read this book when I was in highschool and could never get poor Steven out of my mind. I often wonder about his children and where they are now. I hope they have had very happy lives as Steven wasn't given the chance. I look at my 9 year old sometimes and think of the hell Steven was going through at that age. The only think is I wish Parnell hadn't died of natural causes. I wish he had suffered but I know he is suffering now in hell:furious: right where he always belonged. No sympathy from me. One last thought, I do believe God took Steven because he had already suffered a lifetime at such a young age. He took him to paradice that day to be without painful memories and suffering.

It is just too bad Steven isnt here to see this! While I dont wish death on no one, I cant say I am sad by this.

Good Riddances. The wasy you screwed all of the Stayners life I hope you Rot. I think the ordeal with Steven was one of the things that made Stevens brother Cary do what he did.Still not right but.......

Steven's story is what brought me to crime stories and bad crime magazines many moons ago. He saved another child from having the experiences that he had. . . he's got a special cloud somewhere.

I wish Parnell had been Dahmer-ed years ago. Would have saved the taxpayers money taking care of a miserable waste of flesh. I won't even say what I hope his last meal was as this is a PG forum.

Stayner's kidnapper dies in prison at 76

Kenneth Eugene Parnell, the man who kidnapped 7-year-old Steven Stayner only blocks from his Merced home 35 years ago, has died in a prison medical facility. He was 76.
A second-grader at Charles Wright School when he was abducted Dec. 4, 1972, Stayner lived a nomadic life with the convicted sex offender for more than seven years until he escaped in Ukiah with another abductee, 5-year-old Timmie White.
The 14-year-old Stayner was returned to his parents, Kay and Delbert Stayner, in March 1980; he finished school, married and had a child before dying in a 1989 motorcycle accident near Merced.The Stayners did not return phone calls Tuesday seeking comment on Parnell's death.

Parnell died Monday of natural causes at the California Medical Facility in Vacaville, according to the state Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation. Paroled 11 years after his conviction in the Stayner-White abductions, he was serving 25 years to life after he later tried to persuade a caregiver to buy a 4-year-old boy for him for $500.

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/167/story/123063.html

Finally some real closure.

For those of you not familiar with Steven's abduction...there was a made for TV movie called "I know my first name is Steven".. Steven's older brother was serial killer Cary Stayner, convicted of 4 murders in the Yosemite area of California.

bkp,
There's a thread here somewhere lol about this....it was posted yesterday.

I saw the movie and it really was sad. I am glad that man is no longer on this earth.

Me too, I read this book when I was in highschool and could never get poor Steven out of my mind. I often wonder about his children and where they are now. I hope they have had very happy lives as Steven wasn't given the chance. I look at my 9 year old sometimes and think of the hell Steven was going through at that age. The only think is I wish Parnell hadn't died of natural causes. I wish he had suffered but I know he is suffering now in hell:furious: right where he always belonged. No sympathy from me. One last thought, I do believe God took Steven because he had already suffered a lifetime at such a young age. He took him to paradice that day to be without painful memories and suffering.

This happened in my town. AS of a couple of years ago, Steven's widow was still residing here locally.

Steven's story is what brought me to crime stories and bad crime magazines many moons ago. He saved another child from having the experiences that he had. . . he's got a special cloud somewhere.

I wish Parnell had been Dahmer-ed years ago. Would have saved the taxpayers money taking care of a miserable waste of flesh. I won't even say what I hope his last meal was as this is a PG forum.

A local foundation is still trying to memorialize Steven's heroic efforts, by putting up a monument. http://www.stevenstaynermemorial.org/

Honey, tell me about it. lol
I can add a post one mintue, come back hours later and there will be tons of post before mine that didn't show up the first time. ;)

I remember when Steven went missing and how afraid I was for him & his family, after awhile I think we all assumed he would not be found alive. When Steven was found I was overjoyed and thought OMG, miracles really do happen. I was happy that Parnell was behind bars, where he couldn't get his hands on another little boy. When I heard of Steven's death, I was saddened, I remember thinking what a tragic life this young man has had, but he is at peace now. It's strange how Steven's story had such effect on me and so many other people, a rollercoaster of emotions from a person I'd never met. As far as Parnell is concerned, I'm not at all unhappy to hear of this man's death, this man who brought such pain & suffering to Steven and his family. I feel only relief.

From January 2008:

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Sex-offender-Kenneth-Parnell-dies-in-Vacaville-3231527.php

Convicted sex offender Kenneth Parnell, known for the 1972 kidnapping and seven-year-long confinement of Steven Stayner, died Monday in the state prison hospital at Vacaville...

A three-time inmate, Parnell had most recently been imprisoned since 2004 after being convicted of attempting to buy a 4-year-old child in Berkeley. He had been sentenced to 25 years to life under the "three strikes" law.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back