GUILTY CA - Kenneth Parnell for trying to buy 4yo boy, Berkeley, 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
blueclouds said:
Toth loves controversy Piper. Don't feed him unless you want a migraine. Toth, :slap: sometimes your points of view leave people thinking it's children's & victims faults' that they are in the position they find themselves in. Hopefully you will never know what it feels like to be powerless in these situations. :waitasec: :snooty:
I know Blueclouds, but child abuse gets my blood boiling!

Toth said:
any cop, other teachers, etc.
I think he was weak and so was his brother.
Thats why the brother wanted to kill females; its the only way he can assert any sort of 'strength'.
Perhaps I should be more tolerant of seven year olds, but I am not.
Then why didn't the brother kill young children? They would be easy prey.

And yeah, you should probably be more tolerant of seven year olds. They haven't been around the block as many times as you have.

Also, make sure you haven't confused "weak" (mentally or intellectually deficient) with "resignation" (giving up). Maybe you haven't, but thought I'd mention it. I'm with you on the Cary Staynor being weak, part, though.

Toth,

Steven Stayner never killed or hurt anyone. And he wasn't his brother. None of that pathology showed itself in Steven Stayner. In fact sociopathic tendencies do NOT seem to run higher among siblings than that percentage equal to the general population.

Cary Stayner had problems, obviously, that ran deeper than simply having his brother taken from the family for seven years. If related at all, his brother's abduction could have been a catalyst, but not a cause.

Steven's fate was absolutely tragic. (And he was kidnapped by two grown men... so his chances of escaping were even further diminished.) Blaming the victim... at any rate... is a coward's way of convincing oneself things would have turned out much better had the victim not made themselves such "easy prey". It is a convenient way to shift all focus off the crime and those who perpetrated the crime... after all the accused has rights a victim never gets.

I'm not surprised that our very own Toth holds (particularly) seven-year-olds to some irrational standard in the mind, since doing so allows one to ease seamlessly from defender to the reality of the sick, and evil, David Westerfield. That man (Westerfield), you, Toth, defended with such conviction only to be deflated by details (after the trial) of the revelation of his attempted "deal" before trial proceedings ever began.

BTW... I'm still waiting for an apology pertaining to your belief that my "source" was a hot dog vendor, when I attempted via email to warn you that you would be the subject of ridicule once facts were revealed after the trial. I guess I got the last laugh after all.

Not sure if this has already been posted, or not. Steven Stayner did use a helmet when riding his motorcycle always, because he loved his wife and his children.

The night he died, someone had stolen his motorcycle helmet. That is the reason he did not have one on. Furthermore, the accident was not his fault, and the one who caused it turned himself in at some point for hit and run, and failure to render aide.

Also, to say the family had something to do with Steven's abduction, or Cary turning into a murderer is preposterous. Cary made choices, as an adult human being, and he is paying for that now. Steven did not have a choice, he was 7 years YOUNG, and he was abducted by two grown men. TWO grown men took that child. They told him they wanted to talk to his parents, and he believed them. When I was seven, I probably would have believed that, too. Adults are abducted all the time. Is it their fault they are taken by some sickos? NO, absolutely not.

I hope all of you are praying for Carlie, today. They caught her abductor, and still have not found that child. Blessings to all, Lanie

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,110405,00.html

"Also, to say the family had something to do with Steven's abduction, or Cary turning into a murderer is preposterous. Cary made choices, as an adult human being, and he is paying for that now. Steven did not have a choice, he was 7 years YOUNG, and he was abducted by two grown men. TWO grown men took that child. "

I would never blame the parents for the way their kids turn out. I certainly didn't say that they had anything to do with Steveen's abduction. I am asking if there was any family problem. The odds of one being abducted and one becoming a multiple murderer are pretty tight. It's a simple question, were they pillars of the community or was there some underlying prob"lem?

My post was not directed at you, sansoucie.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. :blowkiss:

I know nothing about the family, personally, except what I have read, and that is that they were a normal family, no problems, church going, close-knit. When Steven was abducted it really tore them up, emotionally. I cannot even imagine their grief to lose him, all that time thinking he might be dead. Then, getting him back, he gets married, has two kids, and then gets killed in a hit and run accident the same day his helmet is stolen.

Then, almost ten years later, their only surviving son is charged with multiple abductions and murder. I have much empathy for this family. It's a miracle they have stayed together through it all. Divorce is quite common in such a situation, either one, but to have to endure both. Let is just suffice to say I admire their courage and dignity through everything!!

LP Moderator said:
The attorney representing this man is why lawyers have such bad reputations. This woman needs to be slapped right upside her head.

I would like to volunteer.

ROFL!!!! Can I have second shot at the lawyer??? Well, if anything is left? :)

This guy who kidnapped "Stephen" and held him for 7 years..and .also attempted to kidnap another boy...saved by Stephen.. .What the hell is he even doing out of prison...They only gave him 5 years for stealing this boys youth...ruining his and his familys life....AAARRRGHHH!!! I don't get it!!!

I saw the movie on tv about stephen and felt so bad for him and his family...I don't think that there is a patholgy as to why two tragedies for the family.Some people just have bad luck....As to the ridiculous, laughable notion that Stephen was a willling victim...I won't dignify the absurdity of the opinion with a response. What bothers me is why the heck this guy only got 5 years...I forget the reason from the movie...but it is outrageous!!!!

Did anyone see Dateline last night about the guy who held those women captive FOR YEARS underneath his home...I hate when they show those things...They give creeps ideas...otherwise they wouldn't have an original thought of their own...The guy involved kept insisting he didn't do anything wrong...??? One woman he let go after 3 years and she didn't tell the cops?????Claimed he threatened her family...Huh????!!! Nuts!!!

If you want to get even closer to throwing up, go to the site of another famous kidnapping: www.johnnygosch.com Read the detective's report/Gunderson report. Read, scroll down; you will find it. The child sex trade is HUGE!!!! It is horrifying. It is ugly.

MsBee said:
If you want to get even closer to throwing up, go to the site of another famous kidnapping: www.johnnygosch.com Read the detective's report/Gunderson report. Read, scroll down; you will find it. The child sex trade is HUGE!!!! It is horrifying. It is ugly.

Ms Bee....I don"t want to see it...seems there is so much in this world that we are powerless to change...it is overwhelming !!!! What gets me...and have been asking myself this for a long time...
Why is it that these perversions are so rampant..were they always...I think not...Its' like gays...(which I think is a genetic abberation)...seem to be increasing in great numbers....
Why so many child abductions due to sexual perversions.....
I think *advertiser censored* and the internet has caused some of the increase but the predisposition to that has to be inherent to thrive the way it has...Look at Westerfield, a seemingly successful professional man- with children of his own.....It is very disturbing...Sure first we need to lock these guys up and throw away the key...But how to prevent more of them taking their place....It is frightening...
;) And Ms Bee when's tea time????

MsBee said:

Well, Ms Bee I did read the link...the first chapter....very interesting and so sad...
I know O'Reilly has been going after the NAMBLA org since Jeffrey Curley was killed up here in Mass...and the most outrageous stories have come from the priest scandals up here...Father Paul Shanley, formerly admired as a friend to street kids and moved around by the church has been linked to that organization as well. He has been tied to speeches and origination of that group. His trial is yet ti start........The catholic churchs negligence in this whole controversy has cost them dearly throughout the country but especially in MASS. Peoples outrage led to the ouster of the arrogant, self concerned criminal Cardinal Bernard Law. And our atty general has said he would like to see him prosecuted!!!

BUMP. I haven't heard of a sentence. He was supposed to be sentenced on the ? 14th of Feb? What happened. Anyone know?

PS: The doll morphed into a penguin for anyone who's confused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj
Back