CA CA - Kern Co., WhtFem UP13916, 13-24, in shallow grave on vineyard, Jun'78

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Isn't strange that Namus doesn't show her picture/sketch?

Hi digi....no I didn't. I was "lost" in other cases. Also still thinking about the immigrant angle. I have to dive in this case again and will make an overview from UID and Mary stats and also will check if there is any new information on both MP and UID. Or did you do this already?

Comparing MP Mary Leah Rodermund and UID (see pictures off Mary #17)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/23885/0/
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/13916

Mary missing since: 1978-03-02 From Morgan City, County Saint Mary Parish, Louisiana / JD found June 21, 1978 Grape vineyard / Address 2 1.4 m east of Wheeler Ridge Rd and 50 yds south of Maricopa-Wheeler canal, Arvin, County Kern, California
Distance between missing and found 28 u. (1.893,3miles) Mary could be taken in a car, her car was still parked in a parking lot.
UID Found in a shallow grave after cultivation of vineyard, Not recognizable – Partialskeletal parts only, One or more limbs not recovered /One or both hands not recovered/no post-mortem interval or year of dead mentioned.
Mary dob 1962-02-11/age 16 on missing date/ JD between 13 -24 yrs (then born between ca. 1954 -1965)
Mary Race: White/JD race White
Mary eye color: Hazel / JD unknown
Mary hair color: Brown (on some pictures looking reddish brown or auburn / JD Red/Auburn (also mentioned mostly auburn. Color at time of exhumation described as red/blonde coloration)
Mary no specifics mentioned /JD Large front teeth [from photo at time of discovery] Can’t see/find photo
Mary Height: 5’4” feet & inches/ between 158 – 160cm/ 63.0 to 65.0 / JD can’t estimate
Mary Weight: 110.0 to 115.0 pounds ca. 55 kilo / JD can’t estimate
Mary Dental Records: Unavailable / JD charting isavailable and entered
Mary DNA Records: Sample submitted – Tests complete / JD Sample submitted – Tests complete, we do not know if it is immediately comparable/if it's the same type of DNA
Mary; goldchain necklace /JD NAMUS: No specific photos or descriptions of jewelry made.Found one reference to two white metal necklaces, one with a religiousmedallion. Two photos show necklace present and chain. Can’t see/find photo.

Ruled out for this Jane Doe, d.d. 10-19-2017
Connie Minchaca 1960 California
Marie Spannhake 1965 California

Maybe it's time for a new recon? With a different hair color and more "white" appearance, and if it's possible showing her "big teeth".....

Hi digi....no I didn't. I was "lost" in other cases. Also still thinking about the immigrant angle. I have to dive in this case again and will make an overview from UID and Mary stats and also will check if there is any new information on both MP and UID. Or did you do this already?

I haven’t submitted but think it’s worth it to try to get a ruleout based on DNA (if they have the same type of DNA on file for each). Seems the only thing that’s a bit of a stretch is the distance.

Arvin Jane Doe has a DoeNetwork page now.

1469UFCA
1469UFCA.jpg

Reconstruction of the decedent by NCMEC.

Date of Discovery: June 21, 1978
Location of Discovery: Arvin, Kern, California
Estimated Date of Death: 3-4 months
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 13-24 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3" to 5'8"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Two large front teeth.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A pair of panties were found with the remains. No description available.
Jewelry: Two white-metal necklaces, one with a religious medallion.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was discovered in a shallow grave in a grape vinyard.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Kern County Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dawn Ratliff
Agency Phone Number: 661-868-0110 or 661-868-0100
Agency E-Mail: Ratliff(at)kernsheriff.org
Agency Case Number: C522-78

Agency Name: Kern County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Detective Karen Smith
Agency Phone Number: 661-391-7587
Agency E-Mail: Detective-Commander(at)kernsheriff.org
Agency Case Number: L782658

NCIC Case Number: U990027379
NamUs Case Number: 13916
NCMEC Case Number: 1115079

Information Source(s)
NamUs
NCMEC

2 Missing Person Exclusions

Results
Page 1 / 1

MP6408
Connie Minchaca

06/09/1978
Napa, CA

Marie Spannhake

(No Data)--

(No Data)--

CA

Note: No information is provided for Marie Spannhake. Not certain why that information is not included...

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

ETA: Marie is not in Namus! Or at least I cannot find her. How do they get her in? LE, or family?

ETA2: How did they do a comparison with this UID?

Marilyn Denice Waltz(25) went missing in Jan 1978 (5 months prior to JD's discovery with a PMI of 3-4 mos) from Bakersfield, CA, which is 30 mins away from Arvin, CA. Her WS thread has lots of info about her family, marriages, and divorce. There's also the topic of whether she met with foul play at the hands of someone who might be connected to her. It's speculation, of course, but it does make me wonder if perhaps she was killed and buried 30 mins away.

The photo shown below of Marilyn does not strongly resemble JD's composite, imo. However, her nose caught my attention. There is a pdf file on Marilyn's NamUs profile. The photo from the newspaper clipping more closely resembles the composite, imo. If someone would be so kind as to crop that photo from the pdf file for posting here, it'd be easier to compare the facial features. Also, @victoriarobinson642, @Coffee56, etc. if possible, could one of you please enhance the composite to show JD's likeness with auburn hair? TIA

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Marilyn Denice Waltz – The Charley Project
CA - CA - Marilyn Denice Waltz, 25, Bakersfield, 7 Jan 1978

marilyn_denice_waltz_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

I see what you mean about the noses. I’d also like to see a reconstruction with reddish hair. Also, it looks like, from the newspaper photo, that Marilyn might have crooked front teeth? It could just be the quality of the photo, but it seems like something might be unique about her teeth.
upload_2020-7-23_22-59-1.jpeg

I see what you mean about the noses. I’d also like to see a reconstruction with reddish hair. Also, it looks like, from the newspaper photo, that Marilyn might have crooked front teeth? It could just be the quality of the photo, but it seems like something might be unique about her teeth.
View attachment 256758

TYTYTY! Yes. I agree, there is definitely something odd about her front teeth, imo. Either they're crooked or there's a gap or both. The quality of the clip and the positioning of her head in the pose make it difficult to see. Good news...her and JD's dental records are on file! :D

upload_2020-7-23_22-59-1-jpeg.256758
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg
marilyn_denice_waltz_1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member