CA CA - Kern Co., WhtFem UP13916, 13-24, in shallow grave on vineyard, Jun'78

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Making a rule-out list including Marilyn Waltz. Not sure if we already know this info but a friend of mine submitted via Doe Network and was told she was ruled out. Why are there even unlisted exclusions in the first place? Can someone tell me if there are any more exclusions. I feel the only way to get a full list is through trial and error but in this area? Not really the best way to progress an investigation. I read Cheryl Wyant is excluded but the source is one of the unapproved sources here so I don't full trust that.

MP18983
Marilyn
Waltz
01/07/1978
Bakersfield
CA

MP40883
Marie
Spannhake
01/31/1976
Chico
CA

MP6408
Connie
Minchaca
06/09/1978
Napa
CA

Has anyone considered April Zane?
april_rose_zane_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

I know DNA is available in both cases and that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but I don't know if April's is. Also, finding a hit in the system can take very long to my knowledge and I don't know if the Doe's DNA has been in the system for that long.
Arvin Jane Doe UP13916April Rose Zane MP1689Possible?
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/CaucasianMatch
Age1713-24Match
Height5'8"5'3"-5'8" (Doe Network)Match
Weight115lbsUnknownUnknown/Match
DLC/DODApril 18, 19773-4 months prior to June 21, 1978Match considering circumstances.
Hair ColorRed/AuburnRed/Auburn at collectionMatch
Eye ColorBlue/Gray/GreenUnknownUnknown/Match
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, scars on right knee and chin.UnknownUnknown/Match
CircumstancesLast seen in IL in 1976 or 1977. She had ran away multiple times in the past.Found in a shallow grave in Arvin, CA.Possible considering circumstances
DistanceFrankfort, IL-Arvin, CA2,010miles (29hr)Possible considering circumstances
I think she ran away. Michelle Garvey got 30 hours away in a month and April had possibly a year. I have already submitted.

april_rose_zane_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

I know DNA is available in both cases and that the Doe's DNA is in CODIS but I don't know if April's is. Also, finding a hit in the system can take very long to my knowledge and I don't know if the Doe's DNA has been in the system for that long.
SexFemaleFemaleMatch
Age1713-24Match
DLC/DODApril 18, 19773-4 months prior to June 21, 1978Match considering circumstances.
Distinctive FeaturesAppendectomy scar, scars on right knee and chin.UnknownUnknown/Match
CircumstancesLast seen in IL in 1976 or 1977. She had ran away multiple times in the past.Found in a shallow grave in Arvin, CA.Possible considering circumstances
DistanceFrankfort, IL-Arvin, CA2,010miles (29hr)Possible considering circumstances
I think she ran away. Michelle Garvey got 30 hours away in a month and April had possibly a year. I have already submitted.
Here is April Zane's thread:

april_rose_zane_1.jpg
1469UFCA_LARGE.jpg

SexFemaleFemaleMatch
Age1713-24Match
More information from April Rose Zane:

Have you seen this child?

1404DFIL - April Rose Zane

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I have a new exclusion list featuring 2 new ones. I have gotten these from one exclusion by Doe Network from a friend who submitted and an exclusion of a match of my own. Here is a new list with the new exclusions listed in bold.

MP2065
Diane
Schulte
03/25/1977
Nampa
ID

MP1689
April
Zane
04/18/1977
Frankfort
IL

MP18983
Marilyn
Waltz
01/07/1978
Bakersfield
CA

MP40883
Marie
Spannhake
01/31/1976
Chico
CA

MP6408
Connie
Minchaca
06/09/1978
Napa
CA

I think she could be Christine Gregg. Both seem to have a good resemblance between one another.
No photo available
1654286157304.png

Info from Doe Network.
Christine May Gregg MP60725Arvin Jane Doe UP13916
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age1813 - 24
Height5'5 - 5'75'3 - 5'8
Weight120 - 145 lbsUnknown
Hair ColorBrownRed/Auburn
Eye ColorBrownUnknown
DLC/DODJune 16, 1976February - March 1976 (3 - 4 months prior)
Distinctive FeaturesScar on thigh.Large front teeth.
CircumstancesLast seen after the birth of a daughter.Found in shallow grave.
DistanceSacramento - Arvin300 miles (4hrs 39mins)
In terms of distance and timing, I think there is a small chance Christine ran away due to the stress of having a baby which is a big responsibility but I obviously never knew Christine so I don't know if that was how she felt. Other than that, hair color is the only thing off here.
Here is Christine's thread:

I think she could be Christine Gregg. Both seem to have a good resemblance between one another.
No photo available
1654286157304.png

Info from Doe Network.
Christine May Gregg MP60725Arvin Jane Doe UP13916
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age1813 - 24
Height5'5 - 5'75'3 - 5'8
Weight120 - 145 lbsUnknown
Hair ColorBrownRed/Auburn
Eye ColorBrownUnknown
DLC/DODJune 16, 1976February - March 1976 (3 - 4 months prior)
Distinctive FeaturesScar on thigh.Large front teeth.
CircumstancesLast seen after the birth of a daughter.Found in shallow grave.
DistanceSacramento - Arvin300 miles (4hrs 39mins)
In terms of distance and timing, I think there is a small chance Christine ran away due to the stress of having a baby which is a big responsibility but I obviously never knew Christine so I don't know if that was how she felt. Other than that, hair color is the only thing off here.
Here is Christine's thread:
Christine was last known to be alive in 1976 and the UID found in 1978, not 1976. Unless Christine was alive for a couple of years before meeting her fate, I think this match is unlikely. JMO.

Christine was last known to be alive in 1976 and the UID found in 1978, not 1976. Unless Christine was alive for a couple of years before meeting her fate, I think this match is unlikely. JMO.
I actually did know the Doe was found in 1978. I just made a typo. It was meant to read February - March 1978. I do find it strange that Marie Spannhake is ruled out even though she went missing in 1976 and she clearly died in 1976 too based on her presumed killers confessions. A rule-out doesn't hurt though. I don't want to leave any possibility I think could be possible unmentioned.

I actually did know the Doe was found in 1978. I just made a typo. It was meant to read February - March 1978. I do find it strange that Marie Spannhake is ruled out even though she went missing in 1976 and she clearly died in 1976 too based on her presumed killers confessions. A rule-out doesn't hurt though. I don't want to leave any possibility I think could be possible unmentioned.
Agreed! I didn’t mean for my comment to come off as harsh as it did. ;)

Maybe Eileen Hynson? Distance is more than I'd hoped, and PMI is off, but the resemblance is there. Nose felt off at first, but now I see that it seems like a match, based on Eileen's other photo.
eileen_francis_hynson_1.jpg
NCMU1115079c1.jpg
eileen_francis_hynson_2.jpg

Eileen Francis Hynson 3700DFCAArvin Jane Doe 1469UFCA
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhiteWhite
Age1913 - 24
DLC/DODJune 1, 1976February - March 1978
Height5'25'3 - 5'8
Weight130 poundsUnknown
Hair ColorBrownDescribed as auburn upon discovery, but reddish blonde when exhumed.
Eye ColorHazelUnknown
Distinctive FeaturesUnknownLarge front teeth.
CircumstancesLast seen in Napa, California. Foul play suspected.Found in shallow grave in Arvin, California.
DistanceNapa - Arvin321 miles
The only other thing that I found that was off was the front teeth, but Eileen's mouth isn't open wide enough in her photo to be certain that the teeth don't match.

I'm also noticing the religious necklace Jane Doe was found wearing. It's just speculation, but Eileen was going to a wedding, an event grounded in religion.

Bumping for Arvin Jane Doe.
I don't know why, but I've always had a gut feeling that this case was related to the murder of Karen Hevelry (Formerly Rancho Cucamonga Jane Doe). Both were murdered in or around vineyards in southern California in the late 1970s.

Both also seem to resemble each other, which is not unusual in the case of a serial murderer. Is there anything out there to disprove a potential connection?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kfran
Back