Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the significance of her having "17" tattooed on her rib, if anything? What does that symbolize, if anyone knows?
She's turning 17 in a months time according to one of the missing poster's. Maybe it's as simple as that? or as @Lilibet said there are some meanings attached if you search google.

Many, many years ago, I went to several parties in the middle of nowhere that were similar to this. One or two cars would have their headlights on (you don't have to run the engine to use headlights, you just have to make sure the battery doesn't die). There are also cell phones (we didn't have those back then). Kids will make due with what they have when options are limited. Outdoorsy kids, will party outdoors. I can easily see 100 kids stumbling around in the dark. I did it as a kid, my daughter did it as a teen, and I am not surprised to hear of this gathering. It is all about where you live and where you can go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many, many years ago, I went to several parties in the middle of nowhere that were similar to this. One or two cars would have their headlights on (you don't have to run the engine to use headlights, you just have to make sure the battery doesn't die). There are also cell phones (we didn't have those back then). Kids will make due with what they have when options are limited. Outdoorsy kids, will party outdoors. I can easily see 100 kids stumbling around in the dark. I did it as a kid, my daughter did it as a teen, and I am not surprised to hear of this gathering. It is all about where you live and where you can go.
I am amazed by the lighting available to campers today. My family and friends have them. They put out tremendous light and last forever!

That's an awfully big and expensive car for a 16 year old school child to have.

I wonder if:

a) Kiely was comfortable driving it and able to handle a big vehicle like that? It's not a small car to hide either, so an accident is possible, more so if drinking or drugs were involved.

b) perhaps she came across as older that 16 and someone thought she was one of the 'young adults' there. These days a 16 year old can pretty much pass for late 20s, and Kiely certainly looks much older in the photo provided. If she said she was 26, I'd believe her.

I wonder if she went for a drive with someone and it was just him and her in her car, and the situation that started out as friendly, turned nasty when she said no or wanted to drive back or go home.

MOO.

Attachments

• 21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg
    21eb9e2f-c096-4822-8363-d71f5ff22e48-medium16x9_carofmissing16yokiely.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png
    2ed18e2f-6bb4-439a-baee-70bb7aacafd6-large16x9_kielyrodni.png
    954.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
That's an awfully big and expensive car for a 16 year old school child to have.

I wonder if:

a) Kiely was comfortable driving it and able to handle a big vehicle like that? It's not a small car to hide either, so an accident is possible, more so if drinking or drugs were involved.

b) perhaps she came across as older that 16 and someone thought she was one of the 'young adults' there. These days a 16 year old can pretty much pass for late 20s, and Kiely certainly looks much older in the photo provided. If she said she was 26, I'd believe her.

I wonder if something that started out as friendly, turned nasty when she said no.

MOO.
Isn't it a small Honda CRV? Maybe I misread?

It is - I just traded in my 2014 CRV and can attest that it is a “crossover” type of vehicle… and in my opinion it drives more like a car than a full size SUV.
Right. But it still looks quite big and fancy, which I think may have added to the aura of her being older, and potentially attracting the wrong age group and the wrong person. She's just sweet sixteen.

I'm sure she was flattered by any potential attention of someone older, but she wouldn't have had any life experience of how to deal with all of that - and if drink and/or drugs were added into the mix, things can get messy and scary fast.

Plus with nearly 100 people at this party in the dark, remote forest campground, it was an ideal opportunity for someone nefarious to try something.

MOO.

How odd, so no fires. Can’t imagine a gathering of teenagers and young adults in the woods without a bonfire. Are there not designated fire pits?
California has a wildfire problem, even teens/kids know not to start fires. Our engineer lives outside Placerville and was evacuated for nearly a month last year in the Caldor Fire.

Glad to see this going viral, prayers for Kiely's safe return!

I looked at this, and thought maybe that campground is for groups, but no, it is individual sites. At first, I thought it was a private campground, but no, it's Forest Service. I do notice, however, that this campground has vault toilets, which make it not so attractive for some folks (they prefer running water). Let me see if all the sites are reserved. It's possible the group reserved 15 sites or so. If they were at one site, LE would have been called by other campers. There's a curfew and standard camping protocols that pretty much everyone adheres to.

Oh, there's no water currently at this campground. That would definitely make it unattractive.

For photos and other info, see:

Thanks for that info, @Rickshaw -- very helpful, especially since I have never seen that area of California. Interesting camp sites, terrain, etc.

It could be difficult, IMO, to get around in that area if not familiar with the roads, etc., especially at night or if under the influence, or both.
This may well be a tuff one, IMO.

Check the comments under the Sheriff's post you'll find what the party was for. Waaay down the comments though.

ETA: Comment under DEUR post.
Over 1.5k comments. Any way you can try to tell us what it was for?

This gives you a better idea of the landscape near the party site

As a teen I went to tons of parties/camping hang outs like this. It doesn't always mean there's hard drugs or it's a rave, usually the kids who want to hang out outside are more lowkey and just smoke pot and drink. That being said, weed and alcohol are a terrible on their own or together for teens.
I can see her meeting some friends and going on an impromptu road trip after the party, if everyone was camping there? Again, as a teen I would go to a house show and meet new people and hang out with them for the next 24-48 hours, especially when I was 16-17 and didn't have a job I had to get to. Hoping that this is a memorable adventure and not anything sinister.

Thanks for posting this. I took a look and thought, no way!
From MSM:

The sheriff's office says that Kiely Rodni, of Truckee, was last seen early Saturday morning near the Prosser Family Campground in Truckee. She was at a high school farewell party with more than 100 young people around 12:20 a.m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*