Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know that. LE would need to confirm that and I'm sure they are working on it. Same with Sammi the things she says we don't know that unless LE tells us that. So that's why I was paying so much attention to what LE had to say vs Sammi. LE went back to get the last known sighting which is obviously thus far the store. They will work that forward to see which witnesses are confirmed and which are not. They cut the cameras off yesterday when Sammi started talking. So right now I am very big on hearing from LE. Whatever they repeat I would consider fact.

*edit to add*
Just to be clear the reason they probably cut the cameras is they are using her as a resource to gather anonymous tips. I still think that because she would have been pulled out of this if she was making things up. I'm not targeting someone trying to help. I just think it's a tad misleading to hang on her every word as fact if she's helping LE.
Not sure what stream you watched the press conference on, but the cameras weren't cut off Sami.

As for the last seen. PCSO have said this a few times -

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to search for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni who went missing in the early morning hours of August 6th, near the Prosser Family Campground. Yesterday, detectives located video surveillance of Kiely at a local business in Truckee at 6:08 p.m. on August 5th – just hours before she went to the party at the Prosser Family Campground.

That to me means they have interviewed multiple people at the party who actually saw Kiely there. They wouldn't say she went missing in the early morning hours if say, for example, only 1 person saw and spoke to her there (Sami). I imagine they also wouldn't have that person front and centre leading the search, if her story hadn't been corroborated.

I'm pretty sure they will also have multiple photo and video evidence to back that up too.

Flightradar24

There was also a very interesting helicopter flight ( I think it was a Bell copter, not offically badged) that just flew into Tahoe-Truckee Airport from somewhere down by Yosemite. It flew straight north along the east side of Lake Tahoe.

I have no idea what its about but I'd say it was unusual.

I know there is a big political thing going on in South Lake Tahoe this weekend where a bunch of politicians are showing up, likely to get their environmental credentials polished with a lake-side photo, so you might see more LE traffic in the SLT area.

If Kiely called her friend and asked if she needed a ride, she didn’t specify that ride was from herself. She could have found a ride or someone to drive her car, and while not sober, or potentially drugged, could have forgot her friend already arranged a ride. She could have been double checking knowing her phone would die soon too.

I think we should be a little easier on this young girl who is missing right now. IMO.
Makes more sense. If Kiely was getting a ride, she might double check with her friend to see if she wanted to leave with Kiely and whoever would be driving her, or if the friend was still going with her own plan B. I’m not going down that rabbithole, but some might even think Kiely told her friend she was leaving with an individual and LE asked the friend not to share that detail.

Flightradar24

PCSO has their pretty green copter on an interesting route this am:

From Truckee-Tahoe airport straight north up HIghway 89 to Dog Valley Road (S450) straight east on it along the top of Stampede Reservoir over Verdi peak into Nevada along the segment of Dog Valley Road that originates in the little town of Verdi, NV, then back west again following Dog Valley Road back to HIghway 89 and south back to Truckee-Tahoe airport area.

What's the common thread I keep finding with PCSO flights in the last several days? Dog Valley Road.

Maybe Monday, they were doing loops over the north end of Stampede Reservior right over Dog Valley Road where there was a turnoff to the reservoir. I counted 4 loops. And yesterday, CHP was up along Alder Creek where it meets Dog Valley Road.

There is a 4wd route that goes from Verdi NV over Verdi Peak to Stampede and that area.

I have to think they have some sort of tip that involves DVR and they think it's worth working the road from beginning to end.
Just for visual purposes here's the Placer County Sheriff Dept. helicopter flight path compared with the driving route map.

Last edited:
Makes more sense. If Kiely was getting a ride, she might double check with her friend to see if she wanted to leave with Kiely and whoever would be driving her, or if the friend was still going with her own plan B. I’m not going down that rabbithole, but some might even think Kiely told her friend she was leaving with an individual and LE asked the friend not to share that detail.
My thinking has also been that someone offered to drive her home using her car. I have also wondered if there was any out of town people staying at the lodge that she could have met and potentially invited to the party. Her being with someone else could be why her friends felt comfortable leaving without her.

Just for visual purposes here's the Place County Sheriff Dept. helicopter flight path compared with the driving route map. It looks like it made two nearly identical loops.

Those aren't identical:

The Flight Aware loop goes farther east, over Verdi Peak into Verdi, NV (see where it just crosses over the California/Nevada state line on the top right of the map? That's the flight PCSO just made following Dog Valley Road from Highway 89 to it's origin in Verdi, NV. This also follows along the top of Stampede Reservoir , where LE was very active by helicopter on Monday.

The goodle map just shows the route from Truckee north on Highway 89. This morning's flight went much farther east than noted on the google map.

So not a black tank top, but a bodysuit, like a black bathing suit? Is that part of her left thigh visible in the pic above her pants? If yes, why wear a black bathing suit unless you plan on swimming. Did anyone swim that night, in the dark?
its a body suit. its just like a tank top except it snaps between the legs. thats prob her hip. funnily enough, i wore this exact outfit in 1993-94 lol

In pic #1 there seems to be many people in sweatshirts/jackets, some in T-shirts. She was last seen dressed in a strapped shirt. I wonder if her friend who last saw her could say if she had a jacket or something on? Or was this mentioned and I missed it?
this outfit goes best w a flannel shirt. maybe she had one in her car.

Knowing the area, Dog Valley Rd toward Verdi was the 1st thing I thought of as the only way out of the area without going on any major road.... pretty much all fire road.

If one were up to something nefarious at Prosser, Boca, or Stampede lakes, that would be the track they would take to avoid detection to the greatest extent possible.

There are a lot of OHV (off highway vehicles) in use on those roads that are often with plates.

I think this is a really important observation. The copter didn't follow the ORV loop at the top of Verdi Peak. They weren't looking for ORV.

Maybe someone at Stampede noticed headlights up along DVR towards Verdi Peak that night?

Do you think there is any way that 2013 Honda CRV could have made it over that route into Verdi in the dark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya