Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure SS had been drinking too, so how she can remember all these times with such minute-by-minute accuracy is beyond me.

Yes, SS's cellphone will have the call times in/out, but certainly not the times she saw Kiely or spoke to her.

SS should've been enjoying the party and chilling out, but it sounds like she spent most of the party looking at her watch.

MOO.
Or her phone. That's what teens do--no matter what, the phone is out and in their hands.

Looking for some clarification:
Is it friend bashing when we ask questions or examine what someone in the forefront of the case or often acts as a spokesperson is saying?

As a parent of five kids (most adults, only one remains a teen) if the story my kids are telling me changes or evolves I know I need to ask more questions, because there is usually more to the story than they are saying.

We are all desperately wanting to bring Kiely home to her family, perhaps that is why we examine every word given by witnesses and why we question what appears to be inconsistencies. How can we ask or examine the whole picture and leave out the friend(s) of the missing person?
We can’t. SS is the only witness besides Mags that has gone public…and in a very big way. Brava! Her ease in public speaking is remarkable at her age. She’s very young. Yes, yesterday, I was confused and annoyed with her change of narrative. This morning I’m just confused. If we only examine her statements and avoid remarks of her personality or behavior it might ease timidness on the keyboard.

Lots of posts that are very suspicious with grand conspiracies of coverups and stuff but everything I’ve heard so far sounds to me like typical teenager party behavior that they don’t want to have to admit to their parents, or especially to the media to be broadcast around the world.

Drugs, sex, things they don’t want to admit to their parents, but are being backed into a corner because of the missing girl situation. Some of them were showing up at the party and leaving half an hour or an hour later. Seems strange, unless they were stopping at the party to pick up ecstasy or something and then head out to hook up with boyfriends.

One friend said KR was not in the “right mindset” to drive, strange wording, instead of saying too drunk to drive. She likely was on drugs, such as very stoned or ecstasy or acid or magic mushrooms. Full moon trip in the woods type thing, that’s why the pictures with no one holding cups.

Just my opinions, based on what I used to be involved in 25 years ago.

That's a big Sikorsky work helicopter. Right there it's doing maintenance on the Northstar Ski Resort ski lifts and lift towers. Possibly hauling heavy loads to the top of the lifts,

Monday and Tuesday it was doing maintenance on the Mt. Rose Ski Resort lifts and lift towers near Incline, NV. It also does some timber hauling when they are clearing old fire areas of burned trees.

Nothing at all to do with KR's disappearance.
Off topic, Yep@Herat, Northstar is putting in a new hi speed 6 pack lift, most likely setting towers or hauling concrete buckets to elevated locations.

I find it quite plausible that KR was not seen leaving the party.
If the event was lit by headlamps from cars in an inner circle or arc and other cars were parked outside of that, people within the lit field could see each other. People outside of the lit area could see people in the lit area. People within the lit area would be blinded by the headlamps when looking outward and likely wouldn't be able to see any details other than occasional car lights as people came and went.

On the other hand, I would have expected KR to say goodbye to friends at the party before she left. If her close friends had already gone, however, it is quite plausible she would not do so.

Lots of posts that are very suspicious with grand conspiracies of coverups and stuff but everything I’ve heard so far sounds to me like typical teenager party behavior that they don’t want to have to admit to their parents, or especially to the media to be broadcast around the world.

I agree 100%. Not to mention, I think that it is perfectly understandable that quotes are going to change, be expanded on, etc. when these YOUNG women are being interviewed multiple times a day by various news organizations. All of this, while dealing with the stress of not only helping search and organize the lay-person side of the search efforts, but they're also missing their friend, likely feeling some guilt over not knowing what happened and leaving the party without her, and having to come to terms with the jarring realization that the world can be a scary place.

I think stress + likely sleep deprivation + youth/inexperience are all playing a part in whatever "changing stories" it may seem they are providing, as opposed to anything nefarious. Just my opinion.

Who was the last person to see the victim alive? Is it the same person leading the search parties into Reno or where ever? I don't trust what we're being told and the story keeps changing. I remain confident the FBI will get to the bottom of this tragic incident. imhoo

I don't see one person in the video of the partygoers that's got a beer or cup of liquid courage in their hands. So, where was all the booze?

Party scene begins at 0:04

#JusticeForKiely
Agree. Not seeing a bunch of drinkers either. Nothing like the keggers in the woods and parks we had. I think weed may be easier to get or them than alcohol

Agree. Not seeing a bunch of drinkers either. Nothing like the keggers in the woods and parks we had. I think weed may be easier to get or them than alcohol
Weed is almost certainly easier for an underage kid to get than alcohol, but I highly doubt that weed was the only drug available at the party. Alcohol was certainly there as well, as SS stated that both she and KR had been drinking. JMO

I agree 100%. Not to mention, I think that it is perfectly understandable that quotes are going to change, be expanded on, etc. when these YOUNG women are being interviewed multiple times a day by various news organizations. All of this, while dealing with the stress of not only helping search and organize the lay-person side of the search efforts, but they're also missing their friend, likely feeling some guilt over not knowing what happened and leaving the party without her, and having to come to terms with the jarring realization that the world can be a scary place.

I think stress + likely sleep deprivation + youth/inexperience are all playing a part in whatever "changing stories" it may seem they are providing, as opposed to anything nefarious. Just my opinion.
As previously mentioned, S was also drinking and her recollections may be a little hazy. She could be remembering more or have some pieces of the night make more sense with time?

Placer County Sheriff's Office

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSher...fM0yqF9rwvl5LK16OP26ceRMBTxxuiQ&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to search for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni who went missing in the early morning hours of August 6th, near the Prosser Family Campground. Yesterday, detectives located video surveillance of Kiely at a local business in Truckee at 6:08 p.m. on August 5th – just hours before she went to the party at the Prosser Family Campground. Numerous resources and agencies have responded to help locate Kiely over the past several days. Detectives and searchers from across the state continue to search the area in and around the campground, as the only lead they have is Kiely’s last known location before she went missing. Marine units from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office conducted water searches yesterday. Helicopters from the California Highway Patrol and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office continued to do aerial searches for Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts between August 6th and August 9th. A press conference will be held at 2 p.m. in the parking lot of the California Highway Patrol office at 10475 Pioneer Trail, in Truckee. A separate community meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 10981 Truckee Way, in Truckee.
: _@.. -- : () - .
May be an image of text that says 'ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES'

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheriff/posts/pfbid0TMpxmxNg93B1ZY8cfL74grqKoyJnC5MkaRw3tm3cLKtAVr64zEjp5yagcWd1o4q4l?__cft__[0]=AZWUejvSxHwn8ta21WOdmllOFYqNRwXJWe826sADDtw1qbwZI-gWCp-Pse4aUcR2xIJKKEkvil0ceROqNW4NAIGwhZsmbS47cUNkXrjlBA1BJ5lL5ilswDm2b8indwtmDxeD8gSryr2Pg3TfM0yqF9rwvl5LK16OP26ceRMBTxxuiQ&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

The Placer County Sheriff’s Office and Nevada County Sheriff's Office continue to search for 16-year-old Kiely Rodni who went missing in the early morning hours of August 6th, near the Prosser Family Campground. Yesterday, detectives located video surveillance of Kiely at a local business in Truckee at 6:08 p.m. on August 5th – just hours before she went to the party at the Prosser Family Campground. Numerous resources and agencies have responded to help locate Kiely over the past several days. Detectives and searchers from across the state continue to search the area in and around the campground, as the only lead they have is Kiely’s last known location before she went missing. Marine units from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, Nevada County Sheriff’s Office, and Washoe County Sheriff’s Office conducted water searches yesterday. Helicopters from the California Highway Patrol and the Placer County Sheriff’s Office continued to do aerial searches for Kiely and her vehicle. The figures outlined above are reflective of investigative and search and rescue efforts between August 6th and August 9th. A press conference will be held at 2 p.m. in the parking lot of the California Highway Patrol office at 10475 Pioneer Trail, in Truckee. A separate community meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m. at the Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District at 10981 Truckee Way, in Truckee.
May be an image of text that says 'ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES''ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES'
Wonder what the need is for another press conference?

Drugs, sex, things they don’t want to admit to their parents, but are being backed into a corner because of the missing girl situation. Some of them were showing up at the party and leaving half an hour or an hour later. Seems strange, unless they were stopping at the party to pick up ecstasy or something and then head out to hook up with boyfriends.

One friend said KR was not in the “right mindset” to drive, strange wording, instead of saying too drunk to drive. She likely was on drugs, such as very stoned or ecstasy or acid or magic mushrooms. Full moon trip in the woods type thing, that’s why the pictures with no one holding cups.

Just my opinions, based on what I used to be involved in 25 years ago.
Good thoughts. I didn’t even think of magic mushrooms. Of course the party goers would avoid all lights. It takes away their tripping trails of psychedelic colors in the dark. 50 years ago, my husband and I partied at a house that had one bedroom painted all black, even the ceiling. Mushrooms and mescaline highs were highly increased with the black lights and neon posters. We called it the tripping room. My granddaughter has told me quite a bit about her classmates getting high on them so… they may still be the teen choice of drug.

Flightradar24

PCSO has their pretty green copter on an interesting route this am:

From Truckee-Tahoe airport straight north up HIghway 89 to Dog Valley Road (S450) straight east on it along the top of Stampede Reservoir over Verdi peak into Nevada along the segment of Dog Valley Road that originates in the little town of Verdi, NV, then back west again following Dog Valley Road back to HIghway 89 and south back to Truckee-Tahoe airport area.

What's the common thread I keep finding with PCSO flights in the last several days? Dog Valley Road.

Maybe Monday, they were doing loops over the north end of Stampede Reservior right over Dog Valley Road where there was a turnoff to the reservoir. I counted 4 loops. And yesterday, CHP was up along Alder Creek where it meets Dog Valley Road.

There is a 4wd route that goes from Verdi NV over Verdi Peak to Stampede and that area.

I have to think they have some sort of tip that involves DVR and they think it's worth working the road from beginning to end.

Looks like Placer county sheriff was just now focused north along Henness Pass rd

https://www.facebook.com/PlacerSheriff/posts/pfbid0TMpxmxNg93B1ZY8cfL74grqKoyJnC5MkaRw3tm3cLKtAVr64zEjp5yagcWd1o4q4l?__cft__[0]=AZWUejvSxHwn8ta21WOdmllOFYqNRwXJWe826sADDtw1qbwZI-gWCp-Pse4aUcR2xIJKKEkvil0ceROqNW4NAIGwhZsmbS47cUNkXrjlBA1BJ5lL5ilswDm2b8indwtmDxeD8gSryr2Pg3TfM0yqF9rwvl5LK16OP26ceRMBTxxuiQ&__tn__=,O,P-R
·

May be an image of text that says 'ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES''ORONER- MAR @LACER COUNTE SHERIFF NIETADA COUNT SHERIFF UNIFIED COMMAND UPDATE SEARCH FOR KIELY RODNI 8/10/2022 9:00 a.m. TIP LINE: (530) 581-6320 Option Assisting Agencies DEDICATED RESOURCES FROM 8/6/2022-8/9/2022** **These numbers are approximation Personnel Assigned 265 Dedicated Personnel Hours 4 600, Air Resources # Tips Received from 8/6-8/9 300 (PCSO, CHP) California Highway Patrol, Federal Burauf Investigation, Security, Truckee Police Department, Douglas County Sheriff's Office, Washoe County Sheriff's Office, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES'

Attachments

• 2D351F10-6026-45FC-94E6-F9C3987B5278.jpeg
    2D351F10-6026-45FC-94E6-F9C3987B5278.jpeg
    68 KB · Views: 23
Flightradar24

PCSO has their pretty green copter on an interesting route this am:

From Truckee-Tahoe airport straight north up HIghway 89 to Dog Valley Road (S450) straight east on it along the top of Stampede Reservoir over Verdi peak into Nevada along the segment of Dog Valley Road that originates in the little town of Verdi, NV, then back west again following Dog Valley Road back to HIghway 89 and south back to Truckee-Tahoe airport area.

What's the common thread I keep finding with PCSO flights in the last several days? Dog Valley Road.

Maybe Monday, they were doing loops over the north end of Stampede Reservior right over Dog Valley Road where there was a turnoff to the reservoir. I counted 4 loops. And yesterday, CHP was up along Alder Creek where it meets Dog Valley Road.

There is a 4wd route that goes from Verdi NV over Verdi Peak to Stampede and that area.

I have to think they have some sort of tip that involves DVR and they think it's worth working the road from beginning to end.
Knowing the area, Dog Valley Rd toward Verdi was the 1st thing I thought of as the only way out of the area without going on any major road.... pretty much all fire road.

If one were up to something nefarious at Prosser, Boca, or Stampede lakes, that would be the track they would take to avoid detection to the greatest extent possible.

There are a lot of OHV (off highway vehicles) in use on those roads that are often with plates.

SS stated that KR wouldn't ever drink + drive but the fact KR called SS at 12:35am, drunk, checking if SS still wanted a ride home makes me believe KR was fully intending on driving and her friends must have known? imo she might have already been sitting in her car to call SS to get away from the noise of the party.
Also KR's mother stating KR was going to wake her up to let her know she got home safe, as was usual for them, makes me think KR wasn't planning on staying overnight at the campground. I know that convo happened around 1130pm though. Maybe she was planning on staying out but changed her mind?
But it also makes me wonder why SS assumed KR would stay at the campground if they discussed KR driving SS home at some point? Was KR going go drive her home and then go back to the campground?
These are all just my thoughts and opinions. Just want to clarify I'm not suspecting SS at all, I just am confused about the conflicting statements in interviews.
If people witnessed her drunk and knew she was intending to drive, they might feel guilty now that they didn't stop her. (Not blaming anyone if a tragic accident occurred - Sometimes it can be very hard to reason with an intoxicated person - especially if said person is convinced they're "fine"). They might also feel they are "snitching" on her - even if she has tragically passed away.
I hope that EVERYONE with information will feel comfortable enough to be fully transparent with what they know.
I'll just say I'm glad they are checking the water.
Hoping for answers soon for KR's family and friends and community.

Eta: just saw imstillagrandma's post. So she was never planning to stay out overnight

I’ve been paying close attention, and when I was Kiely’s age only 9 years ago I was doing the exact same thing in a remote small town surrounded by woods. In a small town it can be hard to arrange a DD, so I would often drive my car out to the bush party with the intention of getting f’ed up and hitching a ride with someone else’s DD in the moment at the end of the night or finding someone to drive my car home. Doesn’t sound like a good plan, and it wasn’t, but it always worked out (in my experience, but we can call that luck). I would also lie and say I was DDing to stay out later, and ultimately when my mom found out the next morning that I ended up drinking instead, she wouldn’t be mad but relieved I didn’t drink and drive, and was more than willing to drive me to my car I left out in the bush. My mom would also fall asleep before I came home and would ask me to wake her, so I know I could push my curfew an hour or two knowing she wasn’t watching the clock, and could blame it on not finding a ride in time since I was drinking, and again, she would just be relieved I didn’t drink and drive.

If Kiely called her friend and asked if she needed a ride, she didn’t specify that ride was from herself. She could have found a ride or someone to drive her car, and while not sober, or potentially drugged, could have forgot her friend already arranged a ride. She could have been double checking knowing her phone would die soon too.

I think we should be a little easier on this young girl who is missing right now. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member