Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My theory is she is another resource. It does feel awkward but LE stated there was a problem with teens coming forward to give their stories. I suspect they had her change her story so she wasn't giving out details they need for the investigation. So people focused on her and I think we should be focusing on the very precise details the point of contact for LE gives. Her job I think is to get anonymous confessions from teens because all anyone cares about is finding Kiely if that makes sense.

I think she is probably being successful in her teen-to-teen talks, at least to some degree.
There seems to be some kind of last recorded sighting of Kiely at 12:40am ... perhaps provided by a party goer.

"The last recording sighting of her was 12.40am. I was the last person to speak to her at 12.36am when she asked me if I still needed a ride home," Smith said.
"Now we know there were a lot of college people. Teens are coming out [with information] in our teen-to-teen talks. There were a lot of sketchy, older guys that were seen there.
"This was right about when I left, when we had the last contact."

Kiely Rodni’s loved ones fear teen’s been trafficked after ‘older guys’ crashed campsite party where she vanished

I have a dumb question that someone might be able to answer for me. The ability to read license plates exists…I know because I pay my tolls that way and I’ve had friends get tickets that way…so why is this not used in cases like this? Is it not as simple as I’m making it in my head? Is it not possible to check and see if that license plate was captured in the surrounding area at least? Please educate me if you have any knowledge regarding this. Thanks!
I know a bit about the databases themselves, but I honestly have no idea how the data sharing works. I assume LE has access to it at all times, but it is captured by private tech, who I'm assuming has some ownership of that data in some way too. There's even controversy in some places over these tech companies sharing LP data with other private companies. Cops access that stuff all the time, the database inquiry is easy (but it depends on how motivated they are to update the tech).

I am in LA/Southern California, and we do not have any tolls in our area, so I'm thinking NorCal is similar.
I am familiar with EZ Pass and the like in other states.
We actually have very few, if any tolled areas outside of bridges. There are some on bits of 880 around San Jose now, but that's very new. I don't think toll camera data would be that helpful anywhere in Northern CA or NV because you'd have to be basically going over a Bay Area bridge to be captured on one of those.

I think she is probably being successful in her teen-to-teen talks, at least to some degree.
There seems to be some kind of last recorded sighting of Kiely at 12:40am ... perhaps provided by a party goer.

"The last recording sighting of her was 12.40am. I was the last person to speak to her at 12.36am when she asked me if I still needed a ride home," Smith said.
"Now we know there were a lot of college people. Teens are coming out [with information] in our teen-to-teen talks. There were a lot of sketchy, older guys that were seen there.

Kiely Rodni’s loved ones fear teen’s been trafficked after ‘older guys’ crashed campsite party where she vanished
"end of school event?" In August? Not that it makes any difference, but having grown up going to school in California, I can't think of any school event other than an orientation for the upcoming school year that would be occuring in August.

That would be great if someone has a photo of Kiely at 12:40 am (recorded sighting), but honestly I’m thinking she meant to say “last reported sighting”.

jmo

Doesn't the Army sometimes work with CalFire? Maybe even on a general surveillance level.

Wasn't the Caldor fire about a year ago this time, just south of that area?

JMO
Caldor was roughly between Placerville and South Lake Tahoe, which is a band going southwest to northeast, stopping just south of the lake. Truckee is much farther north, northwest of the lake, and Prosser is northeast of that. Lake Tahoe is a massive lake. The Caldor burn is I'm gonna say 35 miles away from Prosser in a straight line, by car, almost 50. So I don't think it has any bearing here.

I was talking to my neighbor after my run… on Sat morning he went stand up paddling from the boat launch. When he got there 9am, there was a kind of a rundown truck stuck in the mud next the boat ramp with no license plates, NRA stickers etc. I asked if he reported it and he hadn’t…. He figured people already reported it. I told him to report it anyway….
Holy cow that's a lead. I was imagining what she might do if she accidentally went off the ramp. Panic obviously, this is a nice vehicle. If it was me Id be thinking omg omg omg my parents are gonna freak out. Then Id be trying to save the vehicle. Then before you know it you are under water. I studied how to escape if my vehicle ever went in the water because it isn't obvious to most people. She wouldn't have thought to roll the windows down to let it fill up with water before she swam out. No one thinks that way unless they have studied it. Plus as I said there's that factor of wanting to save the vehicle. That could have kept her in it. So as a lead, no license plates, stuck in the mud next to the boat ramp, is someone trying to pull a vehicle out of the water? Just an idea should definitely send that lead in ty for sharing!

Looking at her route home, I fear this will be a case where she made one wrong turn (or failed to turn or turn off) (or went in the opposite direction, unawares), and believing herself to be on a straightaway for a distance, drove into a reservoir.

Dreadful.

JMO

Holy cow that's a lead. I was imagining what she might do if she accidentally went off the ramp. Panic obviously, this is a nice vehicle. If it was me Id be thinking omg omg omg my parents are gonna freak out. Then Id be trying to save the vehicle. Then before you know it you are under water. I studied how to escape if my vehicle ever went in the water because it isn't obvious to most people. She wouldn't have thought to roll the windows down to let it fill up with water before she swam out. No one thinks that way unless they have studied it. Plus as I said there's that factor of wanting to save the vehicle. That could have kept her in it. So as a lead, no license plates, stuck in the mud next to the boat ramp, is someone trying to pull a vehicle out of the water? Just an idea should definitely send that lead in ty for sharing!
Mary Jo Kopechne comes to mind. Alcohol, bodies of water, darkness, and there may be people that know more but are unwilling to come forward at this time. i Imagine there are tons of images and videos and phones that shared locations from that night to sift through.

My theory is she is another resource. It does feel awkward but LE stated there was a problem with teens coming forward to give their stories. I suspect they had her change her story so she wasn't giving out details they need for the investigation. So people focused on her and I think we should be focusing on the very precise details the point of contact for LE gives. Her job I think is to get anonymous confessions from teens because all anyone cares about is finding Kiely if that makes sense.
Good points. The PIO said as much yesterday during the PC. Problem is, maybe no one knows anything. The tone of the push for answers would feel ominous if I were one of those teens. Especially once possible abduction was brought up. They were a bunch of kids drinking and partying in a camp area. Her own friends lost track of her, so why would there be an expectation that anyone else there knows what happened?

”Somebody knows something about Kiely," Angela Musallam, the public information officer for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, said during the briefing. "We are urging anybody who was at the party that evening to please come forward. We need to find Kiely."

One thing I’m wondering and will be asking teens that were at the party when I have a chance: did they keep their headlights off when entering and exiting the party area? With so many cars pulling in, headlights would have been risking alerting those at the family campground pulling in after the 10pm quiet time.
*snipped*

Good point. That's how we got caught at our bonfire parties as teens. Peoples headlights coming down a dirt road. The people who lived at the end of that road called LE in if they saw lights.

"end of school event?" In August? Not that it makes any difference, but having grown up going to school in California, I can't think of any school event other than an orientation for the upcoming school year that would be occuring in August.
It was a sort of going away party for those leaving soon for college.

*snipped*

Spot on again, I am catching up this morning but that sounds like a great lead. If I was LE that's where I would go.

The friend who she drove out to the party left after about 30 minutes and caught a ride home with her boyfriend.

The girl Kiely drove to the party, left shorty after arriving - with her boyfriend. The girls drove there together because they had been hanging out earlier in the day (Mags).

Good points. The PIO said as much yesterday during the PC. Problem is, maybe no one knows anything. The tone of the push for answers would feel ominous if I were one of those teens. Especially once possible abduction was brought up. They were a bunch of kids drinking and partying in a camp area. Her own friends lost track of her, so why would there be an expectation that anyone else there knows what happened?

”Somebody knows something about Kiely," Angela Musallam, the public information officer for the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, said during the briefing. "We are urging anybody who was at the party that evening to please come forward. We need to find Kiely."
I agree with you completely. Whether Kiely accidentally swerved off the road and into the water, or had the misfortune to cross paths with a guy who had nefarious intentions, it’s very possible that in the party chaos and darkness, no one saw anything and no one knows anything.

I agree with you completely. Whether Kiely accidentally swerved off the road and into the water, or had the misfortune to cross paths with a guy who had nefarious intentions, it’s very possible that in the party chaos and darkness, no one saw anything and no one knows anything.
IMO, this has all been handled very badly. Allowing a teen to lead the way in a search for another teen. Moving quickly to discussion of possible abduction without any evidence. Mixed messages such as these below - why are criminal charges being discussed if it is normal for these kids to go party in the woods? They were ALL there to have fun. If someone committed a crime, then Kiely is likely NOT safe, and you can bet criminal charges will be coming.

Kiely's friend Sami Smith told the outlet that she was the last person to speak with her at the gathering, adding, "She was having a fun time at a party, just being a teenager."

Rodni-Nieman's message indicates Kiely's family doesn't care about pursuing criminal charges against anyone, so long as she comes home safely.

Exactly. I‘ve been watching for a BOLO for her car. Someone could have hurt/killed/disposed of her and stolen her car. That was difficult to type. I‘ve been going over in my head different scenarios. My granddaughter is 15, eager to start Driver’s Education, and part of the popular crowd. I hope I can get through her new driving experiences without pulling out the last of my gray hairs. Teens are so afraid of FOMO, I’m relatively sure there were young teens in attendance who might not tell their parents. Yet. I have zero doubt LE is holding back pertinent information, awaiting collection of evidence or confirmation, they’ve obtained from anonymous party goers.
What is FOMO?
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members