Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni, 16, missing from a large party @ Prosser Family Campground, car not found, Truckee, 6 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I simply choose not to believe SS that Kiely was planning to stay overnight. She seems like an honest, dependable kid that her mother trusted. She told her mother she was coming home, she always came home before, so I am disregarding what SS and ML say about whether she planned to drive home or stay overnight, and believing her mother.

I personally do not get the impression that SS and ML are being honest about the circumstances that night. I also don’t know that I believe she was heavily intoxicated. The first statement from SS was that Kiely wasn’t in the right mindset to be driving, which made me think she was upset, not fall down drunk.

I believe the girls probably had a falling out and parted ways with Kiely very upset and possibly a little bit drunk. ML claims she accompanied Kiely to the party but was only there 10 minutes? It doesn’t make sense. I think these two know more than they are saying.
This makes sense to me too bc why did SS see KR at 12:30am but then KR called SS at 12:36am about KR giving SS a ride? That piece hasn’t made since to me since that statement came out.

There have probably been 30 boats out fishing as usual on the reservoir since Friday night, most with sonar. Perhaps they found a target.
Hoping Placer County Sheriff has sonar! So many of these small towns are ill-equipped to search for vehicles underwater.

<modsnip>

The timeline for KR's last sighting and contact with her mother was very close-- this has never felt like an abduction to me. Also seems KR had no reason to lie to her mother.

I think this will be a find the vehicle, find the victim. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Upthread, a local said that if she had driven the wrong direction out of the campground that the road led to a boat ramp or dock, into the water. Does anyone know if that is where the dive team is searching?
Yes, the Prosser boat ramp is one place they are actively searching. People often drive fast on the road leading to the boat ramp because it is paved and in good condition, so if Kiely did accidentally drive into the water via the boat ramp, the vehicle could be deep under water.

I’m glad they are finally doing this extensive underwater search.

Last edited:
Looks like a search is going on over Lake Tahoe.

Those look to me to be sightseeing flights and not related to this investigation. The northern one is sightseeing over Incline Village and Sand Harbor.

The one in South Lake Tahoe is just flying out over Tahoe Keys.

These don't seem to be search flights

Those look to me to be sightseeing flights and not related to this investigation. The northern one is sightseeing over Incline Village and Sand Harbor.

The one in South Lake Tahoe is just flying out over Tahoe Keys.

These don't seem to be search flights
Thanks for the clarification, I edited my post. Any other search flights that you can see?

Last edited:
Nothing new.
-Mostly appeal for tips. Encouraging public to use tipline and not overwhelm family members on social media with "tips" that can spread misinformation.
-16 agencies involved, approx. 100 volunteers
-foot searches, k9, aircraft, boats, UTVs, motorcycles, etc
-mental/emotional support available
-will have press release tomorrow morning

I wish the authorities would state that the partygoers should have no fear in being prosecuted for underage drinking or drugs, so that they could forward photos and videos of that night.
Never know what could be in the background.

-working with FBI: last phone data from 12:35am Aug 6th (didn't specify what that data is)
-concentrating search and rescue area expanding out from last known location
-no surveillance cameras in campground
-surveillance from stores nearby being looked at. KR seen before party at 6pm
-no amber alert - no evidence supporting abduction but not ruling it out

I wish the authorities would state that the partygoers should have no fear in being prosecuted for underage drinking or drugs, so that they could forward photos and videos of that night.
Never know what could be in the background.
I’m almost certain they have said that since the beginning, in their various posts and press releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman