Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't listen to all of it but it seems they are just bringing up the same thing they implied in the beginning. They say they don't know who the person was with Kiely, could be a "boyfriend or ex boyfriend," then they describe someone with a cap and brown hair sticking out on both sides.

Are they still insisting it was Kiely in the car and what day was it? Didn’t they initially say it was the day after the accident? How could anyone have seen her?

Probably because it was someone else the tow truck guy encountered and not Kiely.
He says it was Kiely and pretty sure about the male, on the day after.

I feel as though it would be helpful for discussion if we knew what was still under investigation.

Also, just to clarify/think everything through: Is there ANY possibility the lights entering the water could have been from ANYTHING other than Kiely's vehicle? Was there ever any official confirmation from law enforcement confirming what we all believe we saw? (It has been awhile, so I'm trying to remember.)

(Edited by me since this linked video is NOT the same one by AWP as I believed it to be. It is newer. Sorry about that!)

Also, I do feel the car entering the water on the camera IS the most logical explanation. I just wanted to know if it was ever confirmed by LE.

<modsnip - moderation question>

In the video @RedHaus just linked to:
, AWP references the video they released a couple of days prior on Dec 11, which is basically the same thing, <modsnip - moderation question>

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: IDK
Then it must have been someone else since Kiely died the night before.

I'm not sure what they are trying to say or why they are still talking about this case?
Very true, @MsBetsy, both cannot be true - only one of these supposed 'facts' can be true:

1) Nick the TTD saw KR with a male, and a silver CRV around 11:00am on 8/6 as he is adamant he did,

OR

2) the headlights that appear to go into Lake Prosser at 12:34am on 8/6 were from KR's car and KR was in the car.​

IMO, there is still A LOT of doubt about both of these supposed 'facts'. IMO, it could be that neither are true.

Possible alternative 'facts' to these two scenarios could be as follows, IMO:

Alt1) Nick serviced a different car on 8/6 or Nick serviced a silver CRV but the woman was not KR or Nick is lying.

Alt2) Alder Hill Fire Cam images, taken 2 miles away from the Prosser Creek, do not actually show a car going into the lake afterall or the video is of a car going into the lake but on a different night (date altered) or it is a car but without KR.

I think it is really important to keep in mind for those who believe the Alder Hill Fire Cam images are from 8/6, 12:34am, that NO ONE knows from those images what kind of vehicle went into the water and who was in the car, if anyone.

I have spent the past few months deeply analyzing whatever information I can find, sifting through a lot of crap, but also discovering a lot of very interesting information. Sadly non of that is from MSM or LE so I cannot discuss it here.

I think the bottom line, @MsBetsy, is the NCSO has stated repeatedly the KR case is still open.

Indeed, they have.
Yes, in their last statement LE said they would continue working with the family and evaluating additional information related to the investigation. Whether the family chooses to release more information is up to them.

It's not uncommon for a missing persons investigation to remain open long after the person has been found. It doesn't mean they have information leading them to open a criminal investigation.

LE ruled the death an accident and the cause of death was drowning.

What more is there to know?

re: I think it is really important to keep in mind for those who believe the Alder Hill Fire Cam images are from 8/6, 12:34am, that NO ONE knows from those images what kind of vehicle went into the water and who was in the car, if anyone.

I've thought a lot about this too. On one hand, it seems the most logical conclusion. We all believe we are seeing KR's SUV enter the water shortly after the party. It all lines up with the phone pings, with what we know was the outcome of her vehicle being found.

If I remember correctly, the person who uploaded everything created a montage of images, correct? I'm not implying they did so in any way other than to be helpful, but when you really think about this, with more time and distance, I agree it is useful to leave some possibility open that we may have seen something other than KR's vehicle entering the water.

re:

They may not know when she died and if anything contributed to her death. If there is any possibility she did not die immediately following the party, for example if Roadside Nick may have actually seen her the following day, there could be something else that happened that is under investigation or at least needs to be clarified.

Personally,I would really like to know if LE ever commented on the fire cam footage? Does anyone know?

LE ruled the death an accident and the cause of death was drowning. What more is there to know?
Personally,I would really like to know if LE ever commented on the fire cam footage? Does anyone know?
LE has not yet commented on the Alder Hill (or Donner) Fire Cam video(s). Nor has LE yet commented on the video footage supposedly taken by Nick the TDD's van during his service stop at Boca Lake on 8/6. That video footage is not yet public.

I certainly can't cite the numerous NCSO responses to inquires on the KR case status I've seen, but here is AWP's statement from their 12/15 video: "The investigation as to what happened to Kiely Rodni is still active as of Dec 15, 2022".

LE has not yet commented on the Alder Hill (or Donner) Fire Cam video(s). Nor has LE yet commented on the video footage supposedly taken by Nick the TDD's van during his service stop at Boca Lake on 8/6. That video footage is not yet public.

I certainly can't cite the numerous NCSO responses to inquires on the KR case status I've seen, but here is AWP's statement from their 12/15 video: "The investigation as to what happened to Kiely Rodni is still active as of Dec 15, 2022".
I meant a statement by police, not AWP. They have not made a statement since October when they said they still had a couple of weeks of investigating left. The full autopsy report indicates the case is closed.

I don't know how to link it, but on the 16 page autopsy report, p 1 of 1, case # 1220- 2506, it says:

Case Disposition:

Accident - Closed

LE has said it was an accident and there was no sign of foul play. Nothing has changed. Police have not made any statements since they released the autopsy report more than two months ago.

I don't know why AWP are saying police are still investigating possible foul play or where they are getting their information from.

Why would LE be required to comment on a video made by Nick during a service stop at Boca Lake on 8/6?

Last edited:
Re:Why would LE be required to comment on a video made by Nick during a service stop at Boca Lake on 8/6?

They wouldn't, except/unless he saw something/someone actually relevant to KR's death, OR to something else.

re: I don't know why AWP are saying police are still investigating possible foul play

IS this what they're actually saying? Or just what people are taking away from it since it is social media, etc? I'm not personally saying this by keeping an open mind about the scenarios @RedHaus put forth.

We do know KR died from drowning, and it was ruled accidental, as you noted. We know the coroner stated there was nothing to suggest foul play.

We know she was found in her SUV, on August 21 by AWP, in Prosser.

As far as I know, we do not know who the last person(s) to see her were, with certainty.

We do not know the exact time or place she died.

Then as @RedHaus mentioned, we have the firecam videos, which we all saw, which appear to line up with KR's vehicle entering the water. However, LE has never come out and verified anything about this. I'm not saying the footage is faked. I'm saying take a step back, and keep an open mind we may be seeing something else. It was 2miles away and edited, so even though I think it seems plausible, I also can understand some skepticism.

Then we have Roadside Nick saying he saw Kiely with a young man around 11 am on Saturday. Again, we were not there, so who knows who and what he saw? As RedHaus mentioned, he could be confused, he could be lying or he could be telling the truth. I think we should absolutely be skeptical of Nick, but also open to the possibility he could be telling the truth.

There exists room for both to be wrong and also both to be somewhat accurate, IMO.

Does anyone know if the "black boxes" in cars record the exact date and time an accident took place? It seems to me they would. If this doesn't match the firecams, maybe that is something they need to clarify.

re: I think it is really important to keep in mind for those who believe the Alder Hill Fire Cam images are from 8/6, 12:34am, that NO ONE knows from those images what kind of vehicle went into the water and who was in the car, if anyone.

I've thought a lot about this too. On one hand, it seems the most logical conclusion. We all believe we are seeing KR's SUV enter the water shortly after the party. It all lines up with the phone pings, with what we know was the outcome of her vehicle being found.

If I remember correctly, the person who uploaded everything created a montage of images, correct? I'm not implying they did so in any way other than to be helpful, but when you really think about this, with more time and distance, I agree it is useful to leave some possibility open that we may have seen something other than KR's vehicle entering the water.

re:

They may not know when she died and if anything contributed to her death. If there is any possibility she did not die immediately following the party, for example if Roadside Nick may have actually seen her the following day, there could be something else that happened that is under investigation or at least needs to be clarified.

?

No. It's firecam footage that was on the public firecam site alertwildfire.org. It was not edited, it was publicly viewable in the dated archives of that site by anyone who looked. That's a site run by three public universities (UCSD, UO and UNR). I don't really get the suggestion that the footage was edited.

?

No. It's firecam footage that was on the public firecam site alertwildfire.org. It was not edited, it was publicly viewable in the dated archives of that site by anyone who looked. That's a site run by three public universities (UCSD, UO and UNR). I don't really get the suggestion that the footage was edited.
There are more versions than the original one you mention. Someone upthread posted one from Gray Hughes where he did some editing to make things clearer for folks. I've included it below.

Thanks @Gemmie

@O.Incandenza Are those still available? I was not able to find them when I looked previously. I thought the YT video, which Gemmie just shared had been removed. I'm going to look again now, but if you have them saved, I would like to watch. Thank you!

Thanks @Gemmie

@O.Incandenza Are those still available? I was not able to find them when I looked previously. I thought the YT video, which Gemmie just shared had been removed. I'm going to look again now, but if you have them saved, I would like to watch. Thank you!
No, I believe LE had the archives pulled from the site a few days after they were discovered and discussed online. But they were publicly viewable for a significant period and discussed in this thread. And that's where all the youtube people including Gray Hughes got their footage from. They were still up when he and others released their youtube videos, so it was pretty easy to check and see it wasn't edited.

I see a problem with releasing the NTTD video, if it still exists. If it is not Kiely (and I doubt that it is), and she is not another MP or a suspect in a crime, wouldn't they have to blur her face, in which case we will learn nothing? The same would be true of the guy, whoever he is. MOO

No, I believe LE had the archives pulled from the site a few days after they were discovered and discussed online. But they were publicly viewable for a significant period and discussed in this thread. And that's where all the youtube people including Gray Hughes got their footage from. They were still up when he and others released their youtube videos, so it was pretty easy to check and see it wasn't edited.
Thank you. I hope it is clear I am not, and never was, suggesting there was "fake" footage, or any dishonest editing. I was referring to the the video Gemmie linked to, which is edited. As I said originally, I do not think the creator edited it with any intention other than to clean it up. I would assume LE has greater capacity to enhance this footage?

My thinking is in the plainest way: How can I be certain this is Kiely, in her vehicle, entering the water? We cannot see the actual vehicle. We cannot see plates, we cannot see clearly enough to really see anything other than lights moving around and what appears to be a car entering the water. It is very convincing. It lines up with the phone ping. It fits. I was horrified when I first saw the YouTube video, thinking I was seeing her last moments. Sometimes when things "fit" our brains fill in the rest. Could that be what we are collectively doing?

I am approaching Roadside Nick's account the same way. I feel I do not have enough information to know if he is lying, confused or possibly telling the truth.

Remember when so many of us were convinced we saw a "strap", and then various things online exploded about what the strap might be, and what it could have meant?

I know not everyone wondered about the strap in the back of the vehicle, but I think a lot of people did, so I am using it as an example of seeing a bit of something, and running with it.

Not a perfect analogy, but for the process. When I watch those lights from a distance, am I looking at a "strap"?

Thank you. I hope it is clear I am not, and never was, suggesting there was "fake" footage, or any dishonest editing. I was referring to the the video Gemmie linked to, which is edited. As I said originally, I do not think the creator edited it with any intention other than to clean it up. I would assume LE has greater capacity to enhance this footage?

My thinking is in the plainest way: How can I be certain this is Kiely, in her vehicle, entering the water? We cannot see the actual vehicle. We cannot see plates, we cannot see clearly enough to really see anything other than lights moving around and what appears to be a car entering the water. It is very convincing. It lines up with the phone ping. It fits. I was horrified when I first saw the YouTube video, thinking I was seeing her last moments. Sometimes when things "fit" our brains fill in the rest. Could that be what we are collectively doing?

I am approaching Roadside Nick's account the same way. I feel I do not have enough information to know if he is lying, confused or possibly telling the truth.

For me, because it is KR's vehicle that was pulled out.

The idea of a different car going into the lake as KR & her car disappears, later to be replaced by KR's CR-V doesn't seem feasible to me imho.

Are you suggesting that a second vehicle was towed out on the sly, or remains in the lake?

We watch one car go in -- we watch one car come out.

Occam's Razor indicates they are the same car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back