Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since no one else has asked it yet i will.

is there ANY chance at all somebody could have edited over the video footage and layered the headlights in?

MOO
Speculation
The footage is taken off the Alert California official website from the University of California archives. It has the headlights in it, unless you’re suggesting further editing was done?

On that part about 15 minutes in with the green line, he's not suggesting she drove over that brush is he? I'm not sure that's even possible in her car.
No idea but I wondered a while back what the taped off rectangle was. Found a pic of it from @Beekarina's post in a much earlier thread. Link to post below, pic taken from that post. Although I'm not sure what that green line means (we might find out in the upcoming Live with Trica and Gray Hughes) but something was sure interesting to LE in that area, and it seems to me that it lines up with that green line. That would be a great question to ask Gray in the event starting 5 min from now. :)

1665109354420.png

Last edited:
No idea but I wondered a while back what the taped off rectangle was. Found a pic of it from @Beekarina's post in a much earlier thread. Link to post below, pic taken for that post. Although I'm not sure what that green line means (we might find out in the upcoming Live with Trica and Gray Hughes) but something was sure interesting to LE in that area, and it seems to me that it lines up with that green line. That would be a great question to ask Gray in the event starting 5 min from now. :)

View attachment 371393
They're not assuming she drove from Prosser Family Campground are they? that's not where the party was according to our earlier threads. It's confusing trying to watch the footage of the headlights when they keep putting it forward and back. Do we have an accurate map of where the headlights actually went before the water?

Okay I'm having a hard time getting my bearings with the video.
This is what I think I'm seeing but the constant putting it forward and back is not helping. Is there a continuous slow motion capture somewhere?

I think I'm seeing multiple cars driving along the beach below where the party was held (NOT on the roads we earlier designated for getting home higher up in the tree area). At least one, or is it 2-4 cars turn up off the beach ONTO the dirt road that goes home

Then her car inexplicably turns toward the camera instead (full headlights toward the camera), then back to horizontal from the camera, continues driving along the beach, and seems to go off near the end of the beach into the water.

If they were driving along the beach, then the driver knew they were next to the water, surely. IMO
Can anyone help me decipher what's in the video? or do you know of an easier to see capture where it's not constantly being put forward and back?

Last edited:
After watching the video, IMO it's pretty cut and dry, she was intoxicated (several of her friends attest to this), it was pitch black, she drove into the water, and her phone stops pinging.

It wouldn't make any sense for anyone else to be in the car with her. The car was driving too fast for someone to be pushing it and why would you keep the headlights on?

It's clear many people have never been intoxicated to that degree and tried to drive (and that's a good thing!), but all bets are off when you're under the influence. There is no rationality or logic at that point.

IMO
Add into the mix the distraction of looking at your phone or searching for music, things most of us do every time we drive, and only part of your attention is on the road.

This is what I think I'm seeing but the constant putting it forward and back is not helping. Is there a continuous slow motion capture somewhere?

I think I'm seeing multiple cars driving along the beach below where the party was held (NOT on the roads we earlier designated for getting home higher up in the tree area). At least one, or is it 2-4 cars turn up off the beach ONTO the dirt road that goes home

Then her car inexplicably turns toward the camera instead (full headlights toward the camera), then back to horizontal from the camera, continues driving along the beach, and seems to go off near the end of the beach into the water.

If they were driving along the beach, then the driver knew they were next to the water, surely. IMO
Can anyone help me decipher what's in the video? or do you know of an easier to see capture where it's not constantly being put forward and back?
Get it straight from this source. This post tells where/how. Gray took it from here and came up with the vid (overlaid it) you're referring to.

ETA - You can also see how to get the date/time you want by watching the beginning of Gray's vid if you can't figure out the site.

I think I'm seeing multiple cars driving along the beach below where the party was held (NOT on the roads we earlier designated for getting home higher up in the tree area). At least one, or is it two cars turn up off the beach ONTO the dirt road that goes home

You can look directly at the archive of the fire camera video itself if you want: ALERTCalifornia - Alder Hill

To me it looks like Kiely takes the road out of the party, gets to the T intersection and then goes right instead of left and drives directly into the water. I don't see anyone at all driving along the beach. The Gray Hughes video is helpful in making out the landscape.

And I don't really understand why people are talking about a mass exodus and the party shutting down. Based on the lights, it looks like the party continues for at least 20-30 minutes after Kiely leaves.

They're not assuming she drove from Prosser Family Campground are they? that's not where the party was according to our earlier threads. It's confusing trying to watch the footage of the headlights when they keep putting it forward and back. Do we have an accurate map of where the headlights actually went before the water?
Looks like Gray (RK's video) is about to come on soon.

On that part about 15 minutes in with the green line, he's not suggesting she drove over that brush is he? I'm not sure that's even possible in her car.
I'm sure you saw it live... but when he was showing the path the car turned and drove down into the water, his cursor was moving down the road, not following the green line. So I still don't know what that green line is for but it's definitely for something. AND it goes straight to whatever that rectangular patch of tape was.

Reactions: IDK
Okay I'm trying to figure out how to make a pictorial representation. I might turn out to be wrong, but I don't think Gray's map is right. To me it looks like a caravan of cars driving along the beach, then turning left up to the "roads" - except for her car, which inexplicably keeps going off the end of the beach.

can you provide the link with LE saying no one was watching prosser after her disappearance% I bolded *more* above to illustrate he is alluding to some eyes are already watching.
rs&bbm

I've read and listened to LE and lots of MSM many times and there has never been mention of LE 'keeping an eye on' or 'watching' the Prosser Lake area. That would include the boat ramp, the three campgrounds, the sanctuary, the reservoir with ~11 miles of coastline (1), and the roads in and out. Simply, LE would have no 'cause' to post a watch there, IMO.

That is my interpretation of the facts we have, and of course we may just disagree on how to interpret them.

But to answer your request, here is what Captain Brown, NCSO said 8/13 (2), which I referenced in the post you quoted.

Journo Question: "This morning I was out by the Prosser… [not discernable]. Just a few feet to the side there were people recreating… [not discernable] … Are you not afraid about disturbing any possible evidence that could be there?"

Capt. Brown Answer: "Yeah, you balance this ‘shut everybody out’ and we don’t have evidence to say that there’s something that we’re going to locate. You know, are you better having more eyes in the area, or not? There’s times where we’ve shut down areas. We closed off the boat ramp at one point in time to cover like certain area and ground and things like that. So, there is always a concern. But also [we] don’t have a like a ‘hey, this is the area’. So, at what point do you cut off the entire Forest Service and things of that nature. So, I think we’ve been reasonable with the areas and times we’ve had to put in stop gaps to prevent people from moving around. But we do that based off of information. You know more people around gives us information. But they’ve been recreating on that lake long before…"

(1) Prosser Creek Dam - Wikipedia

(2) 8/13 PCSO Presser (at 5:00): 8/13 Press Conference regarding the Kiely Rodni missing person investigation & search. | By Placer County Sheriff's Office | Facebook

@RedHaus- do you also have the car lights distance off the ground measurements?
I think a distinction should be made between being floated off, submerging then turtling and finally sinking.
CORRECTION.

@Curiosa20, now I realize what you are asking so I am editing my entire response!

The 2013 Honda CRV had notorious OEM low beam head lamps with ~10 feet of visibility. We don't know if she or the prior owner had upgraded to after market head lamps with more illumination. But stock that car's lights did not illuminate well.

Last edited:
The footage is taken off the Alert California official website from the University of California archives. It has the headlights in it, unless you’re suggesting further editing was done?
BBM

I am suggesting that is a possibility.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member