Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *Case dismissed w/o prejudice* *found in 2023* #114

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Haven’t kept up, but read back a couple pages. Thanks to you all for posting. Quick question, someone mentioned a date of September 22. How is that specific date relevant to a potential arrest? TIA.

Its not relevant - I'm hoping for an arrest around or on that date, the anniversary of Suzanne's remains being found. I would like to see Barry arrested at that time as its a little bit like Karma biting Barry in the backend.
I was crossing my fingers in hope xx
Or Wishful Thinking as @Seattle1 said ❤️

Moo

Sept 22 is the anniversary date of SM's remains being recovered in Moffat, CO in 2023. It's not a Court date here and think it's nothing more than wishful thinking for an arrest.
Wishful thinking? How long do you guess it will be before arrest happens?
I know. Only a guess. But you have kept up with this case so well.

IANAL but I suspect there may not be an arrest or charges in the BM / SM case until additional results in the LS case are clear, evident or ruled upon. And not before the status of the 15M civil lawsuit is addressed. And not until any possible effects or repercussions from the FBI investigation into a Colorado CBI DNA analyst are better understood and known. And not before the DA and prosecutors can file charges and a case that can navigate legally and properly the prior dismissed case / charges and rulings.

Reference Colorado Bureau of Investigation Department of Public Safety website undated statement entitled ‘Colorado Bureau of Investigation Releases Findings from Internal Affairs Probe into Laboratory Testing’:

As my late father, a civil structural engineer at NASA often said: ‘there is never time to do the job right, but there is always time to do the job over’. And yet, in this case, they only get one shot. One.

To use a swimming analogy….. since the ‘false start’ rope dropped on ‘the swimmers’ in this case, IMO investigators, the DA, and the prosecution need to be on their game. Unencumbered. Accurate. Focused. And it was fortunate that the first case was dismissed without prejudice. So that it could be refiled. There is a lot of work to do. MOO

Not the OP but I think @MassGuy has it pegged. Within months.

IMO, once this bogus civil lawsuit is dispatched -- all pafties released from it -- we'll see action.

Then we'll see if he can afford his own representation.

Would be quite laughable if, right out of the gate, thdy waive his right to a speedy trial. Gurssing he won't be able to afford and attorney AND post bail, if offered, either.

Justice loped in like a tortoise but it will be jack rabbit swift --

Suzanne's remains will have the last word.

JMO

In May 2023, BM filed suit against more than 20 individuals involved in the investigation and prosecution of his case. Accordingly, each defendant named in the suit answered the complaint with Motions to Dismiss-- some in very great detail.

Following an extended deadline granted by the Court, BM responded to the defendants Motions to Dismiss, and the defendants again answered. Subsequent to filed answers by the defense, BM voluntarily dismissed suit against three of the named defendants (FBI SA's Grusing, Harris, and CCSO Sgt Hysjulien).

At this time, the Court has scheduled a two hour Motions hearing on Aug 21 to hear arguments by the remaining defendants who were not dismissed from the suit.

Following the hearing, it may take several months for the Court to rule on the Motions to Dismiss. Should the Court grant each defense Motion, BM's suit will be over, and there will be no trial.

However, if the Court denies the defense Motions, all or in part, the parties will then enter the part of the lawsuit (Discovery) where each plaintiff and defendant has a chance to gather information from the other that can be used to prove or defend against the other party’s claims in the case. This is also the phase when each defendant can depose BM to answer their questions under oath.

IMO, it follows that the DA's Office for the Criminal case would want to wait for the 20+ depositions by BM before refiling charges against him.

In other words, I don't see BM being arrested on or before Sept 22!

But should the Court dismiss BM's lawsuit before the end of the year, I'd like to think a warrant for BM's arrest might be executed without delay. MOO

Hey Everyone,
Remember the days when I used to come on and whine and ask for money? Remember how annoying all those ads were on the forum? The good news is that thanks to our partnership with Othram, we are free of my whining and those obnoxious ads.
If you like the fact that we are ad-free then please consider making a monthly donation to DNA Solves.com CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR A MONTHLY DONATION TO DNA SOLVES
By subscribing and making a monthly donation, you will be helping the families finally get the answers they deserve.
The amazing people at DNA Solves/Othram care deeply about finding the families of the unidentified.
Even 5 dollars a month would go a long way to finding the families of the unidentified.
Please do not discuss this on this thread. CLICK HERE if you would like to discuss further or have any questions.
Thank you,
Tricia Griffith
Manager/Websleuths.com

It seems odd that he didn’t transfer the house to a trust, as you did, or to both girls, as there are two children, not one. Or why not to himself? He’s not at an advanced age, as is his mother. Perhaps he left out the younger daughter due to college grant eligibility. Just seems like he’s up to something.

jmo
IMO, the Barr most certainly is :mad:, to wit:

Mallory moves in,
- and, thenceforth, does dear dad maintain quintessential control of (so far anyway) his most supportive ally;
- surveilling his daughter, by way of regular welfare checks on MotherShirley.
- Indeed, these M1 SITREPS will takeoff in any number of ways, directions and detail.

Perhaps not very dissimilar to this:
________________________________________________________________________________________________

"How's Mall' doing, Ma'?''
"oh? you don't know?!
"cause it's been ...how many days since since she was home?
"So where is she?
"You have no idea?!
"Well dammit, Ma', she better get in touch!
"And when she does, mom, you tell her I better get call from her straight away...

"Now whaddya' mean, she's got "a boy or girlfriend"? Which, you can't tell 'fer seein' 'em?!...
" 'n they go on one-car road trips together; like right now?...
" ya' mean like 'roadtrips' in Animal House?!? Those kind?" ...Oh... never mind Ma'...
" ...'n to top it off she doesn' tell you where-to, or when she'll be back,...
" 'n it's 'cause she's unsure? Holy bullelklsign!!

" Yeah, I know she's technically got her "own" place now, but she still has responsibilities to ME 'n you!
" 'n didn't we understand that she was to take you 'roun to those assisted living places? And rank them for me by costs?
" I'm sure we did.
" So she's already ducking-out on the very few things she's honor-bound to do fer' ME & you.
" If only she weren't so selfish. Like Suzanne was. Dammit.

" So by now 'fersure you've met Mall's other friends, right? Bein' popular n' known like me in town, she's like to have a slew of 'em!
" No!?! " Dammit Ma'!
" How in blazes can you expect me to be a loving, responsible, mindful father when you don't keep me up-to-date on her ...hmm, what... I'll call it, "Her Society"?!
" After all, 'n you recall, her mom had the nature of flitting about our town, attractin' all sorts, and she had a head start on her daughters' present ages doin' so!...Just can't rule out genes...even those recessive ones, y'know.
Ma, you recall that lawnmower golf guy I mentioned to you when I was back in town from the Twins Camp? - or was it the'Brewers? no matter...
" Remember back then mom?! So often I've explained it all to you. Now don't try that 'Your Ma' just don't recall every detail, son."

" Ma' 'gotta run, but I think I better go over some ' big picture' things with you. Again.

'" OK. ONE LAST TIME:
" As Mallory's Dad , it's my duty to god to stay involved with her. And that's for as long as I'm here on Earth, that's what I HAVE to do! And maybe after Life - from heaven - if that's doable. Likely - for me it ought to be.
" Yeah, I know, Ma': You say she's 'a grown woman'. But I KNOW she's still a child... solely & justly my child once Suzanne abandoned...
"... so my girls in some ways still seem 'juvenile' . Pretty sure that's the result of their mom undermining my dinner-table guidance whenever I was away from home working to get them the best life I could. You surely remember my explaining all those instances to you, right?
" OK.OK Ma! Hold on!"
" I'll agree, just for you, mom, that legally Mallory's can be a 'woman'.
" But I'd say really more of an unsullied, virginal woman-child. That's why it has to remain up to me to keep her...Macy too of course... safe and secure, and this through whatever years they are blessed to live...
" So, mom, once again, that's how I feel; what I believe, and the way it shall be.
"
G'bye for a bit now. Luv'ya. Now don't forget to always let me know what's going on, good or bad or whatever, right?

" Oh,
'n Ma'?... Didn't that bald 'Yul'-somebody say something about things being written and then they shall be! ...back when he was a Pharaoh, or some such??o_O
" Ma'? You nodding off?
" dammit!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
NB.
You may enjoy creating your own creepy scenario(s)! Try it!
I was surprised how well vicarious perverse imaginings aided
good-humored relief when visited on our oh-so-clever protagonist ;)!

IMO, the Barr most certainly is:mad:, to wit:

Mallory moves in,
- and, thenceforth, does dear dad maintain quintessential control of (so far anyway) his most supportive ally;
- surveilling his daughter, by way of regular welfare checks on MotherShirley.
- Indeed, these M1 SITREPS will takeoff in any number of ways, directions and detail.

Perhaps not very dissimilar to this:
________________________________________________________________________________________________

"How's Mall' doing, Ma'?''
"oh? you don't know?!
"cause it's been ...how many days since since she was home?
"So where is she?
"You have no idea?!
"Well dammit, Ma', she better get in touch!
"And when she does, mom, you tell her I better get call from her straight away...

"Now whaddya' mean, she's got "a boy or girlfriend"? Which, you can't tell 'fer seein' 'em?!...
" 'n they go on one-car road trips together; like right now?...
" ya' mean like 'roadtrips' in Animal House?!? Those kind?" ...Oh... never mind Ma'...
" ...'n to top it off she doesn' tell you where-to, or when she'll be back,...
" 'n it's 'cause she's unsure? Holy bullelklsign!!

" Yeah, I know she's technically got her "own" place now, but she still has responsibilities to ME 'n you!
" 'n didn't we understand that she was to take you 'roun to those assisted living places? And rank them for me by costs?
" I'm sure we did.
" So she's already ducking-out on the very few things she's honor-bound to do fer' ME & you.
" If only she weren't so selfish. Like Suzanne was. Dammit.

" So by now 'fersure you've met Mall's other friends, right? Bein' popular n' known like me in town, she's like to have a slew of 'em!
" No!?! " Dammit Ma'!
" How in blazes can you expect me to be a loving, responsible, mindful father when you don't keep me up-to-date on her ...hmm, what... I'll call it, "Her Society"?!
" After all, 'n you recall, her mom had the nature of flitting about our town, attractin' all sorts, and she had a head start on her daughters' present ages doin' so!...Just can't rule out genes...even those recessive ones, y'know.
Ma, you recall that lawnmower golf guy I mentioned to you when I was back in town from the Twins Camp? - or was it the'Brewers? no matter...
" Remember back then mom?! So often I've explained it all to you. Now don't try that 'Your Ma' just don't recall every detail, son."

" Ma' 'gotta run, but I think I better go over some ' big picture' things with you. Again.

'" OK. ONE LAST TIME:
" As Mallory's Dad , it's my duty to god to stay involved with her. And that's for as long as I'm here on Earth, that's what I HAVE to do! And maybe after Life - from heaven - if that's doable. Likely - for me it ought to be.
" Yeah, I know, Ma': You say she's 'a grown woman'. But I KNOW she's still a child... solely & justly my child once Suzanne abandoned...
"... so my girls in some ways still seem 'juvenile' . Pretty sure that's the result of their mom undermining my dinner-table guidance whenever I was away from home working to get them the best life I could. You surely remember my explaining all those instances to you, right?
" OK.OK Ma! Hold on!"
" I'll agree, just for you, mom, that legally Mallory's can be a 'woman'.
" But I'd say really more of an unsullied, virginal woman-child. That's why it has to remain up to me to keep her...Macy too of course... safe and secure, and this through whatever years they are blessed to live...
" So, mom, once again, that's how I feel; what I believe, and the way it shall be.
"
G'bye for a bit now. Luv'ya. Now don't forget to always let me know what's going on, good or bad or whatever, right?

" Oh,
'n Ma'?... Didn't that bald 'Yul'-somebody say something about things being written and then they shall be! ...back when he was a Pharaoh, or some such??o_O
" Ma'? You nodding off?
" dammit!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________
NB.
You may enjoy creating your own creepy scenario(s)! Try it!

I was surprised how well vicarious perverse imaginings aided good-humored relief when visited on our oh-so-clever protagonist ;)!
Like that or similar I can imagine, indeed. He will control M1, IMO.

In May 2023, BM filed suit against more than 20 individuals involved in the investigation and prosecution of his case. Accordingly, each defendant named in the suit answered the complaint with Motions to Dismiss-- some in very great detail.

Following an extended deadline granted by the Court, BM responded to the defendants Motions to Dismiss, and the defendants again answered. Subsequent to filed answers by the defense, BM voluntarily dismissed suit against three of the named defendants (FBI SA's Grusing, Harris, and CCSO Sgt Hysjulien).

At this time, the Court has scheduled a two hour Motions hearing on Aug 21 to hear arguments by the remaining defendants who were not dismissed from the suit.

Following the hearing, it may take several months for the Court to rule on the Motions to Dismiss. Should the Court grant each defense Motion, BM's suit will be over, and there will be no trial.

However, if the Court denies the defense Motions, all or in part, the parties will then enter the part of the lawsuit (Discovery) where each plaintiff and defendant has a chance to gather information from the other that can be used to prove or defend against the other party’s claims in the case. This is also the phase when each defendant can depose BM to answer their questions under oath.

IMO, it follows that the DA's Office for the Criminal case would want to wait for the 20+ depositions by BM before refiling charges against him.

In other words, I don't see BM being arrested on or before Sept 22!

But should the Court dismiss BM's lawsuit before the end of the year, I'd like to think a warrant for BM's arrest might be executed without delay. MOO
Thank you for your thoughts. I think what i was hoping for is that the judge would grant all motions to dismiss. It never occurred to me that it might take months for the court to rule on the motions. All the while, Barry keeps walking and living as a free man.

Not the OP but I think @MassGuy has it pegged. Within months.

IMO, once this bogus civil lawsuit is dispatched -- all pafties released from it -- we'll see action.

Then we'll see if he can afford his own representation.

Would be quite laughable if, right out of the gate, thdy waive his right to a speedy trial. Gurssing he won't be able to afford and attorney AND post bail, if offered, either.

Justice loped in like a tortoise but it will be jack rabbit swift --

Suzanne's remains will have the last word.

JMO
It would be great if the court would dismiss the cases all that same day. Justice is slow. I suppose IE still represents BM? You would think she would duck and run by now to save face. We don’t know for sure that BM doesn’t have money for a top notch defense right?
All we can be sure of is that BAM was found in the autopsy in Suzanne’s system and the killer of chipmunks she was married to put it there.

I am also curious IF LS isn’t removed from her position by the court or by the vote of the people, will she insist on trying this case again?

I am also curious IF LS isn’t removed from her position by the court or by the vote of the people, will she insist on trying this case again?
^^rsbm

The decision has already been made-- the prosecution of SM's murderer is now in the 12th Judicial District.

5/9/24

According to Linda Stanley, the original prosecutor on the case, new charges that could be potentially filed in the investigation are now on the desk of a new district attorney. Stanley first took on the case in January 2021, only to see it implode with a dismissal 16 months later.

The new eyes on the star-crossed case belong to Anne Kelly of the 12th Judicial District Attorney's Office. The district is in the San Luis Valley area where Morphew’s remains were discovered. She has been consulting on Morphew's murder with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, according to a CBI press release.

Stanley said it was the right thing to do. “There are no jurisdictional issues in the 12th, so they will likely be pursuing any charges in the case,” said Stanley told The Denver Gazette by phone on Wednesday.

^^rsbm

The decision has already been made-- the prosecution of SM's murderer is now in the 12th Judicial District.

5/9/24

According to Linda Stanley, the original prosecutor on the case, new charges that could be potentially filed in the investigation are now on the desk of a new district attorney. Stanley first took on the case in January 2021, only to see it implode with a dismissal 16 months later.

The new eyes on the star-crossed case belong to Anne Kelly of the 12th Judicial District Attorney's Office. The district is in the San Luis Valley area where Morphew’s remains were discovered. She has been consulting on Morphew's murder with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, according to a CBI press release.

Stanley said it was the right thing to do. “There are no jurisdictional issues in the 12th, so they will likely be pursuing any charges in the case,” said Stanley told The Denver Gazette by phone on Wednesday.
Sounds like good news. I don’t know much about Anne Kelly. I hope she’s a fighter.

^^rsbm

5/9/24

According to IE, every rancher or farmer in the surrounding area who was “prescribed” BAM will be a suspect in Suzanne’s murder?

According to IE, every rancher or farmer in the surrounding area who was “prescribed” BAM will be a suspect in Suzanne’s murder?
Typical IE to ignore that these farmers or ranchers had no motive to kill Suzanne-- AND HER CLIENT DID!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopE
Back