Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are the local teens protecting?

From what I’ve read on here and msm - it’s no secret in the community that teens gathered here to party with alcohol and drugs. No rangers, rural police, adults. Perfect secluded spot.

Did 90% of the local teens tell their parent(s) they were at so and so’s house?

If most of the parents knew their teens were at the party - why would these high schoolers be afraid to say anything?

And if it’s such a secluded hard to pin down spot - how did the out of towners find it? Who told them where the party spot was?
JMO
They are protecting each other, like teenagers do.

I don't think most of them lied to their parents, I wouldn't be surprised if most of the parents knew where they were. They just graduated high school, many of these kids are about to leave for college or are starting full-time jobs and looking to move out.

Maybe nothing happened at the party, maybe something happened. If something happened, all of them know because X tells Y, Y tells W and there it goes. But if something did happen, they will only speak if they get pressured heavily. Otherwise they'll just stay quiet, even the ones who are saying "speak up" won't speak.

AND as per the video linked above by BoH THERE is NO current BOYFRIEND...she's single...& a reminder she is only 16.

FWIW.
According to SS there isn't but there is obviously some kind of relationship with JW, maybe Kiely didn't shared this with SS (and others) and Kiely had another perception of the type of relationship then JW?

As one of the local "boots on the ground", I'll see if I can quickly catch up on some points brought up.

- Driving access from the Party Site, Lakeside Campground etc to Hobart Mills Rd. There is NO back way access to Hobart Mills Rd without exiting the Prosser Campground area, going North on 89 for ~1/2 mile. You need to cross Prosser Creek and there is only 1 bridge which 89 goes over. Once you are on Hobart Mills Rd, as mentioned before... you have access to Dog Valley Rd/Henness Pass Rd to Verdi (just outside of Reno) or North past Stampeded Reservoir / Sardine Valley / to Loyalton and Sierra Valley. These will all be places with very minimal traffic, cameras etc.
- Swimming in Prosser. Yeah, most locals don't swim in it. It is very murky with a muddy bottom. It is NOT the pristine postcard blue of Lake Tahoe.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors or hearsay is not allowed>

A couple of odd things that I am trying to piece together....
- Video and pictures of the party site clearly show big pine trees etc., which I took pictures of the other night. This was my understanding of The Sanctuary and where SS has said kids were parked all over, including KR.
- The FBI agents told me the party took place closer to the water on this dirt area between an island and the shore (since it is low water, it is all dirt). They said the music was loud and people from the campgrounds and our neighborhood could hear it. I pushed hard on the exact location because I said pictures and media video did not support their location. But, I did not want to get into a debate.... Cleary as they said, they are just trying to find KR.

So.... I am wondering if there were a couple of parties that ended up merging and mixing? Maybe that is why numbers of people at the party have been all over the place from 100-150 to later 200-300?

Local kids started at The Sanctuary (Yellow Star) and primarily out of towners at the other (Green Star)?View attachment 359055

From my run the other night, just before I went back into my neighborhood I took these 2 photos. It is hard to see, but there was a LE truck parked in the GreenStar spot where the FBI claimed the party took place.View attachment 359058
View attachment 359057

- One last side note, my daughter's BF came over last night for dinner. He was not at the party but he knew kids that were. I asked him if there were possibly 2 sites? He said there could have been... especially with 200-300 kids, he imagined kids would be all over the place. Anyhow, this is just something that I am trying to process. Like many, there are things here that just don't add up.

- Btw, my daughters BF works a local sporting goods shop and KR's dad came in yesterday to pick up an item being serviced. Understandably he was in a very bad mood and the employees all gave him some space :(....

Anyhow, just want to try and clarify some of the questions folks have had and with a my personal spin on things as well. We know many of the local kids, their families etc. Most would not hold information back because they are trying to hide things... I just can't help wonder if KR wandered to the other party and something there happened, so the locals didn't see it? I don't know but just feel helpless.

Thank you! Your input is very welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Additionally, I used to live in South Lake Tahoe. It may look like only 32 miles from Truckee to Reno, but that’s a sketchy road especially if there’s any ice. It can take far longer than 30 mins depending on conditions. It’s literally the Donner Pass. There’s sheer cliffs and no cell service for miles.
For clarity for those unfamiliar with the area, the above is incorrect. Donner Pass Road (which does indeed have sheer cliffs and is nearby) is WEST of Truckee, while Reno is EAST of Truckee. In other words, Truckee and Reno are both on the east side of the pass.

The road between Truckee and Reno can also be treacherous but it's I-80, a major freeway, where accidents would likely be spotted quickly.

MOO

LE and I also discussed the various ways out of the Prosser Campground area and I clarified for them that there was NO "dirt only" way to go and someone would have to go either North or South on 89 for a couple of miles to get on different fire roads with unobstructed backroad access to Reno, Loyalton etc
ONe quick question on Goggle maps I am able to follow and see a very light narrow 4 wheel track that proceeds north from the "Sanctuary site to 89. Has this been blocked off in recent years? surely it's been at least walked.

The only way an abductor taking the car makes sense, is if it was simply a guy or guys at the party and it was a spontaneous, sudden, crime of opportunity— a situation that wasn’t planned and got out of hand. As in the 1995 case of Beverly Jackson who was raped by teens, then placed in the truck of her own car, and the car was pushed into a canal.
Could have been someone she knew who attempted to get her home while highly intoxicated but she O'D on the way and thy panicked. I wonder if and where the local ER is and if they have checked the Highways to it.

For clarity for those unfamiliar with the area, the above is incorrect. Donner Pass Road (which does indeed have sheer cliffs and is nearby) is WEST of Truckee, while Reno is EAST of Truckee. In other words, Truckee and Reno are both on the east side of the pass.

The road between Truckee and Reno can also be treacherous but it's I-80, a major freeway, where accidents would likely be spotted quickly.

MOO
Yeah. No one who actually lived in Tahoe would call the Truckee River Canyon where Interstate 80 runs connecting Truckee to Reno as "literally the Donner Pass".

As one of the local "boots on the ground", I'll see if I can quickly catch up on some points brought up.

- Driving access from the Party Site, Lakeside Campground etc to Hobart Mills Rd. There is NO back way access to Hobart Mills Rd without exiting the Prosser Campground area, going North on 89 for ~1/2 mile. You need to cross Prosser Creek and there is only 1 bridge which 89 goes over. Once you are on Hobart Mills Rd, as mentioned before... you have access to Dog Valley Rd/Henness Pass Rd to Verdi (just outside of Reno) or North past Stampeded Reservoir / Sardine Valley / to Loyalton and Sierra Valley. These will all be places with very minimal traffic, cameras etc.
- Swimming in Prosser. Yeah, most locals don't swim in it. It is very murky with a muddy bottom. It is NOT the pristine postcard blue of Lake Tahoe.

<modsnip: Discussion of rumors or hearsay is not allowed>

A couple of odd things that I am trying to piece together....
- Video and pictures of the party site clearly show big pine trees etc., which I took pictures of the other night. This was my understanding of The Sanctuary and where SS has said kids were parked all over, including KR.
- The FBI agents told me the party took place closer to the water on this dirt area between an island and the shore (since it is low water, it is all dirt). They said the music was loud and people from the campgrounds and our neighborhood could hear it. I pushed hard on the exact location because I said pictures and media video did not support their location. But, I did not want to get into a debate.... Cleary as they said, they are just trying to find KR.

So.... I am wondering if there were a couple of parties that ended up merging and mixing? Maybe that is why numbers of people at the party have been all over the place from 100-150 to later 200-300?

Local kids started at The Sanctuary (Yellow Star) and primarily out of towners at the other (Green Star)?View attachment 359055

From my run the other night, just before I went back into my neighborhood I took these 2 photos. It is hard to see, but there was a LE truck parked in the GreenStar spot where the FBI claimed the party took place.View attachment 359058
View attachment 359057

- One last side note, my daughter's BF came over last night for dinner. He was not at the party but he knew kids that were. I asked him if there were possibly 2 sites? He said there could have been... especially with 200-300 kids, he imagined kids would be all over the place. Anyhow, this is just something that I am trying to process. Like many, there are things here that just don't add up.

- Btw, my daughters BF works a local sporting goods shop and KR's dad came in yesterday to pick up an item being serviced. Understandably he was in a very bad mood and the employees all gave him some space :(....

Anyhow, just want to try and clarify some of the questions folks have had and with a my personal spin on things as well. We know many of the local kids, their families etc. Most would not hold information back because they are trying to hide things... I just can't help wonder if KR wandered to the other party and something there happened, so the locals didn't see it? I don't know but just feel helpless.

But then where is her car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if there are any attorneys in the thread, but, honestly, having dealt with LE in the past, I would not let my kid speak to LE without an attorney present. I understand that time is of the essence, a child’s life is at stake here, but kids need to be protected. Sometimes threats of prosecution are used to get people to divulge info. It happened to my kid once. I was ready to talk, my kid held fast. It was the right decision. Bottom line, any info should be given to LE. But protect your children.

Just an addition to my post from last night (#302)...

Many of you might be new to Websleuths but more importantly new to the lovely word of multiple media accounts. IMO 33 % of the "differences" in accounts/data/info are related to witnesses using slightly different wording or emphasis, and 33% the reporters "simplifying" or alerting or simply misunderstanding, and 33% LE being selective in what they tell and to whom.

I bring this up...because of the "ex-boyfriend", "boyfriend" dynamic. I saw nothing in the early reports about a "new" boyfriend. In reading and watching the video yesterday, IMO, JW was a boyfriend that moved to NAPA and hence not readily available to hang out. And the move sounds recent. This may have created the impression it was an "ex" situation and reported as such. Since his ID and involvement in search, he is now being referred to by MSM as "boyfriend". KR and JW may well have left the relationship "open", in that yeah we can still get together when we can but if we meet someone of interest, there is no restriction on exploring that.

The FBI announced Thursday they have added Kiely Rodni to its missing persons list

The new poster shows three photos of Kiely, including a surveillance imagetaken just hours before she vanished.

They gave new details on her description, including scars on her left arm and wrist from surgery. Kiely also has ear, nose, and belly-button piercings, they said.

I wonder if the police have Kiely's snapchat data yet. I imagine that requires a search warrant and then some digging by snapchat.
Any photos Kiely may have sent by snapchat that night (if she did so) may still be on their servers.

"Under Snapchat’s privacy policy, all video, photo, and message content is deleted from servers after it’s been viewed by all recipients or after 30 days. While this means that Snapchat doesn’t deliberately retain private message data for longer than necessary, it also means that videos and photos sent from your smartphone can be held on Snapchat servers for a month. In cases where a Snapchat is sent to a friend who’s lost their phone, or simply doesn’t open the message, the lifespan of your 10-second Snapchat has quickly expanded to 30 days."
snapchat takes FOREVER to release data. Collin Romeros mom waited for months and a warrant was required.

It’s fascinating how vastly different most of the WS speculation is vs speculation locally in Truckee.

Question for the mods. Is it acceptable (and encouraged) to share local speculation, or is that unacceptable since it is second hand/third hand/purely unsupported? Don’t want to share here if I’m breaking some rules.

Last edited:
Does anyone else's theory change from one moment to the next? I have been so convinced this was an accident and she would be found, but with no car being found after 6 days I am starting to doubt this. When I go down the rabbit hole of if not an accident, than what it gets messy and overwhelming. Please let today be the day this girls poor family gets answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member