Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having teenagers, especially a teen girl, there is no way 100s of kids were hanging out at a party and there’s no video/ photo evidence, have it be Instagram, Snapchat or Tik Toks. ESPECIALLY if some of these kids were leaving for college soon. I find it highly unusual that we don’t have any other visual evidence of KR at the party that night, either direct photos with others or unknowingly in the background. My daughters phone does not leave her hand, whether she has service or not doesn’t matter. She will be snapping selfies and uploading stories left and right if she were to attend an event with her peers, and most kids do these days.
I have to say that is the strangest thing about this situation that stands out to me.
That and the fact that she was close enough friends to drive people to the party and borrow a hoodie but no one is speaking out to say anything about her being there, what her condition was, who she was talking to, etc.

Edited for sp

Last edited:
I was wondering that yesterday, especially since we had not seen any selfies or photos with her in it taken by her friends from the party. However, a new post just upthread has added August 6th, 12 am - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 am.

So, now at least 3 people have stated they saw Kiely at the party - Sami, Magdalene, and Elsa. I’m feeling more comfortable believing she did attend.

I see that the mother says the last location of her phone was at Prosser (presumably from a Find My Phone-type app). I doubt Kiely would willingly leave her phone behind and drive. So, did she lose her phone, did she or someone else purposely turn it off, or is she still there at Prosser, sadly - either in the water or woods?

jmo

I am somewhat reassured that 3 different people have verified seeing her. I do hope these were separate accounts and not a group that was together, if that makes sense.

Also, it seems certain that her phone was there.. But..... I really wish there was something of a photo taken with friends.

It is most likely that she attended, I think I started to wonder once Monday rolled around and no sightings of her, her car or signals from her phone have been found.

I hope closure and answers come quickly!

JMO

Having teenagers, especially a teen girl, there is no way 100s of kids were hanging out at a party and there’s no video/ photo evidence, have it be Instagram, Snapchat or TiI Toks. ESPECIALLY if some of these kids were leaving for college soon. i find it highly unusual that we don’t have any other visual evidence of KR at the party that night, either direct photos with others or unknowingly in the background. My daughters phone does not leave her hand, whether she has service or not doesn’t matter. She will be snapping selfies and uploading stories left and right if she were to attend an event with her peers, and most kids do these days.
I have to say that is the strangest thing about this situation that stands out to me.
That and the fact that she was close enough friends to drive people to the party and borrow a hoodie but no one is speaking out to say anything about her being there.
"There's something so healthy about young people speaking up in unity." ~ Robbie Robertson

*All it takes is one voice … others will follow.

I was wondering that yesterday, especially since we had not seen any selfies or photos with her in it taken by her friends from the party. However, a new post just upthread has added August 6th, 12 am - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 am.

So, now at least 3 people have stated they saw Kiely at the party - Sami, Magdalene, and Elsa. I’m feeling more comfortable believing she did attend.

I see that the mother says the last location of her phone was at Prosser (presumably from a Find My Phone-type app). I doubt Kiely would willingly leave her phone behind and drive. So, did she lose her phone, did she or someone else purposely turn it off, or is she still there at Prosser, sadly - either in the water or woods?

jmo
Since it was an iphone (assuming iOS 15), turning the phone off would not make it untrackable. It would have to be destroyed or submerged underwater.

Having teenagers, especially a teen girl, there is no way 100s of kids were hanging out at a party and there’s no video/ photo evidence, have it be Instagram, Snapchat or Tik Toks. ESPECIALLY if some of these kids were leaving for college soon.

RSBM

I wonder if the police have Kiely's snapchat data yet. I imagine that requires a search warrant and then some digging by snapchat.
Any photos Kiely may have sent by snapchat that night (if she did so) may still be on their servers.

"Under Snapchat’s privacy policy, all video, photo, and message content is deleted from servers after it’s been viewed by all recipients or after 30 days. While this means that Snapchat doesn’t deliberately retain private message data for longer than necessary, it also means that videos and photos sent from your smartphone can be held on Snapchat servers for a month. In cases where a Snapchat is sent to a friend who’s lost their phone, or simply doesn’t open the message, the lifespan of your 10-second Snapchat has quickly expanded to 30 days."

Since it was an iphone (assuming iOS 15), turning the phone off would not make it untrackable. It would have to be destroyed or submerged underwater.
Agreed, to me this means it was either thrown into Prosser lake intentionally or entered Prosser lake by accident at around 12:30, especially with the last location in find my Iphone being Prosser.... essentially the phone never left Prosser.

They should be magnet dragging to see if they can find anything.

If her phone never registered a location beyond the general campsite, I suspect she didn't get far.

Very possible that, after her final communication by phone, she turned the phone off. Fumbly fingers, unintentionally.

Very possible she didn't have headlights on.

Very possible she didn't use her phone for navigation (maybe she knew the way home, maybe the car had navigation, maybe she was too impaired to realize she needed navigation).

Her first opportunity to hit pavement, did she have to choose right or left? If she was traveling highway speed and missed a turn or a curve, the car may have launched itself into a reservoir or ravine, even beyond where LE has divers searching.

An accident by land or an abduction leave a sliver of hope she can be found alive so I'll pin my hopes on whatever can bring her home to her family.

If only.

JMO

I’ve been to prosser lake before a while ago and as I remeber it got deep really quick off the ramp. Did some looking and found the nautical chart **Here**Like I said it has been a long time since i have been, but I think if she was driving, with her windows down and hit the water at 30+mph she could have knocked herself out and been at the bottom of the reservoir in a matter of minutes and no one looked for hours. The bottom being 60 feet deep or more.

*edit from prosper lake to prosser

That was coined by Benjamin Franklin, and I agree it's as true now as it ever was.

It's possible 95% of that huge crowd at the party didn't even notice or go anywhere near Kiely. But some people, her close friends and probably some boys, did notice her. Whether any of them were paying attention, or sober or mature enough to gauge that this was a serious situation, we don't know yet.
Thanks for the source of the quote.

Good points about party "dynamics":

- People gather, some are friends, others barely know each other and others have never met.
- These people have varying levels of maturity, attention spans and senses of responsibility.
- They may not all stay close together, some smaller groups may wander off.
- People then well, "achieve" various states of intoxication from various substances.
- At some point, people start going home.

Then factor in that the party was in a wooded area and was at night. If there is foul play, knowledge of what happened could be confined to a small sub group of party goers.

I agree, chances are good that a concealed secret will be spilled- eventually. But.... first the police would need to determine what subgroup she was with and go from there. That could take time due to fuzzy memories and perhaps in some cases, non cooperation.

Last edited:
I agree, I think if that happened, it would have been discovered by now. These are teen-agers and very young adults, not a crime syndicate. Someone would have talked, a parent would have sensed something, there would have been gossip or chatter. Something would have leaked.

MOO

It depends. If she was with just one other person or two people from out of the area, hanging out away from the main group illuminated by the headlights, where it's pitch black.....?

Remember no-one saw Kiely or her car leave.

Particularly alarming is water in that area. I have more questions than answers but wonder....how long can a cell phone be submerged in water before it can't be tracked? Obviously if Kiely's phone was turned off it seems unlikely she would have turned it off herself. Were there any tire marks present in the area that may match Kiely's tire tread or footprints, especially near the reservoir? I remember being a teenager and telling my parents I was leaving someplace then hours later show up, so the timeline here could be off. I also am pretty sure you don't call your mom and tell her you are on your way home if you plan to run away. I know there have been hundreds of folks looking for Kiely, maybe something of her's may be discovered somewhere in the vicinity of the party that might indicate the possibility of a struggle if Kiely was taken. My heart breaks as a mom myself.
Wouldn't it be nice if all MPs and their loved ones get this amount of support? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around "more than 50" FBI agents assisting local LE & SAR teams in their efforts to find Kiely. This seems soooo different from the typical MP cases we see. :confused: Makes me think there must be much more to the story than has been reported. I hope they can find Kiely quickly.

I thought newer iphones were waterproof… at least for a certain period of time
Good question. The official Apple site says:

These iPhone models are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions:
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation)
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus

At only 16 -- this is a missing youth at a state border location involving multi-jurisdictional investigations so FBI assistance expected. However, this does not mean 50+ FBI Agents all working at the same time. Also, take note that the Prosser Family Campground where KR was last seen and /or reported missing is USDA Forest Land.

not great with geography but maybe its so close to the Nevada border across state lines the FBI gets involved

@Runin530mtns Thank you so much....always good to have pictures of the scene. My assumption is the group would have been at the open group camping area right at the boat ramp. (just getting caught up but nothing other than the usual teen summer partying issues...some light drugs, alcohol, a little messing around)

Good question. The official Apple site says:

These iPhone models are splash, water, and dust resistant and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions:
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 6 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 13
  • iPhone 13 mini
  • iPhone 13 Pro
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max
  • iPhone 12
  • iPhone 12 mini
  • iPhone 12 Pro
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 4 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 11 Pro
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP68 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 2 meters up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone 11
  • iPhone XS
  • iPhone XS Max
spacer.png

These models have a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529 (maximum depth of 1 meter up to 30 minutes):
  • iPhone XR
  • iPhone X
  • iPhone 8
  • iPhone 8 Plus
  • iPhone 7
  • iPhone 7 Plus
Great Info, but also we must note that even though they are resistant Does not mean they can transmit. I tried to use Bluetooth in the pool and had my phone in a pouch. Once it was under even a bit of water it would loose signal. I am not sure about cell/gps signal but can confirm for iphone 12 blue tooth was useless.

Good thinking us! @elmomom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member