Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
-Last known photo of KR is the surveillance one we've seen at 6:08pm, a local business in Truckee, but they won't specify where
-black hoodie with some yellow/white design on the back? (Low quality vid) believed to be in KR's possession at time of disappearance. Deemed "significant"
-no solid answers regarding last known person to see her
-no solid answers that anyone even saw her leave the party
-variety of K9s being used to search including cadaver to cover all bases
-teams in lake, "swimming" ... I'm presuming also diving but I'm not sure?

Possibly in someone’s garage. Cars are sometimes hidden in storage lockers or in plain sight like in a gated or chained compound.
LE have been driving up and down our neighborhood streets "peaking" into open garages.

My younger daughter, who is a couple years older than KN, SS etc... bumped into neighborhood kids that were at the party. Guess the FBI went to their house to look around and interview them. FWIW, my teenage daughter relayed to me the neighborhood kids said the party had an unusual number of kids that they did not know and a "weird vibe".

Ok... just watched the presser. I have not been to the Rec Center to help out. But I do know the area and terrain within a 10 mile radius of my house very well. I have been caught out at night, middle of blizzards etc. I want to help and get registered on for their mapping/searching efforts. Need to wrap up work stuff early so I can get out there....

I agree, I think if that happened, it would have been discovered by now. These are teen-agers and very young adults, not a crime syndicate. Someone would have talked, a parent would have sensed something, there would have been gossip or chatter. Something would have leaked.
In principle, I fully agree with you.

There is an olde biker, or mafia, or old west out law saying that: "Three can keep a secret- if two are dead."

As you indicated, that saying, whatever the source, holds true most of the time.

That said, @lolo90 's possibility of most people departing while a smaller core group stays, or leaves and meets again at a nearby location. This smaller core group then shares a "mid level" drug with KR with fatal concequences (over dose, allergic reaction, underlying health condition) etc.

The smaller core group model possibility reduces the amount of potential chatter from say, 50 individuals to say, 5, of which one is deceased.

As you also implied, Its hard for 4 to keep a secret as well. But.... 4 can keep a secret easier than 50 can. This would especially be true if say, 2 of the 4 were siblings.

Did her mother go to the campground when Kiely wouldn’t respond to her texts/calls?

Wouldn’t kids still be sleeping there at 8-9am if they were too drunk to drive home? I didn’t see any tents in those pictures, they just sleep in their vehicles?

In principle, I fully agree with you.

There is an olde biker, or mafia, or old west out law saying that: "Three can keep a secret- if two are dead."

As you indicated, that saying, whatever the source, holds true most of the time.

That said, @lolo90 's possibility of most people departing while a smaller core group stays, or leaves and meets again at a nearby location. This smaller core group then shares a "mid level" drug with KR with fatal concequences (over dose, allergic reaction, underlying health condition) etc.

The smaller core group model possibility reduces the amount of potential chatter from say, 50 individuals to say, 5, of which one is deceased.

As you also implied, Its hard for 4 to keep a secret as well. But.... 4 can keep a secret easier than 50 can. This would especially be true if say, 2 of the 4 were siblings.
…and the plot thickens.

August 5th, 6 pm- Detectives located surveillance video from a business in Truckee where 16-year-old Kiely Rodni was spotted on Aug. 5 at 6:08 p.m. before she went missing.
802f075d-4a03-4cd9-8edd-69d891192eec-medium16x9_298032524_420241340137755_2959584595744868090_n.jpg

Surveillance video of Kiely Rodni on Aug. 5. (PCSO)
August 5th. 11:30 pm- Lindsey Nieman, Kiely's mother who gave Kiely permission to attend a party at the Prosser Campground received a text from her daughter asking if her curfew could be extended to 12:30 am.

August 6th, 12 am - Elsa Pekarek who was at the party saw Kiely around 12 am.

August 6th, 8 am - Kiely's Mother woke up not knowing where her daughter was. She checked Kiely's phone location and it stated her last location was at the Prosser Campground. She called Kielys best friend who said she left the part early and was supposed to meet at a Starbucks to camping at 9 AM. Kiely's friends go to the Prosser Campground and do not find Kiely or her car.

August 6th, 9 am -Kiely's Friends and mother wait at Starbucks in Truckee hoping Kiely would arrive for their scheduled camping trip, but Kiely does not show up. Kiely's Mother calls the Police to file a missing person report.

August 6th, 7:30 pm- Placer County Sheriff's Office releases a missing person statement.

August 7th- Family pleads for public help.

August 8th- Family and friends host a community search party at the Truckee Donner Recreation Center and District Park. Placer County Sheriff's Office (PCSO) holds a press conference announcing the FBI is now a part of the investigation.

August 8th at 12:30 pm - PCSO is asking for the public's help in locating the missing 16-year-old Kiely Rodni. The teen's disappearance is now reported to be under investigation as an abduction.

August 9th- 16 agencies are now involved in the investigation. Search and rescue teams are scavenging the areas surrounding Placer Lake, while helicopters and other aircraft fly over Truckee and North Tahoe searching for Kiely and her Silver Honda CR-V.

August 10th, 2 pm- California Highway Patrol will held a press conference with updated information on the investigation, including the following:
  • A new item of clothing (a hoodie she could be wearing the night she disappeared).
  • Police have no leads. Out of the hundreds of tips they received, none were witness account of Kiely leaving the party.
  • Search teams are using water divers, dogs and air crafts in their efforts.
  • CHP has video from local business and people who attended the party.
  • There is still no suspect.
August 10th, 5:30 pm- A community meeting will be held at the Truckee Donner Recreation & Park District.

Last edited:
Doesn't seem like LE have many clues, according to the presser. :( It's been 5 days already, and the search has been massive, yet still nothing. This seems a bit unusual, no?
They pretty much said that the only evidence they have is the surveillance video from before the party. It's wild to me that no one saw anything. It's actually somewhat suspicious that no one has come forward. To me that leads me to believe that if others are involved, it has to be one individual or a small group. It also leads me to believe that the drive away and get in an accident is the most likely scenario due to the extreme lack of evidence.

The longer this goes on, and with no new info coming forth makes me all the more convinced that she is in the water somewhere. Unfortunately, many missing have been searched for extensively, only to be found years later in a body of water nearby. Water searches sound easy, but in truth can be difficult and unsuccessful.

I am assuming the kids were parked at the campsite (yellow star). My sloppy redline out of there is the way cars can go in/out on the dirt road. The blue line is the paved road in/out of the various campgrounds and boat ramp in Prosser. If you turn right coming off the dirt road, you head to the boat ramp. Turn left on the paved road, you head towards 89... the main highway back to Truckee and towards her home.View attachment 358896
What about the area circled in green Run? Could her vehicle enter the water there?
Screenshot 2022-08-11 093946.png

What about the area circled in green Run? Could her vehicle enter the water there?
View attachment 358914
Yes and my understanding is they are searching there.

For anyone looking at google maps terrain images: the water is quite a bit higher than what you see on google. There is less soil exposed than what is in the image above.

"Organised fights" that's a weird one. I read that the party was initially planned as a high school leavers event for one or two local schools but those snowballed and former students of high schools from surrounding areas also attended (alongside possible older, young adults).

Could there be rivalry between different schools which led to fights?

If Kiely's vehicle went into water wouldn't there be tyre tracks on the dirth path entering into the water?

From the description of Kiely by her friends it seems she was not typically of character to drink drive, then again sometimes you can get so drunk that you lose all inhibitions. Could there have been people who attended in bad faith knowing there would be drunk teenage girls, who spiked drinks or passed around hard drugs? At the start of this I remember one friend, unsure if Mags or Sami, saying there was a group of boys she didn't know well pressuring her into taking quick hits from a bong. This to me sets a bad atmosphere for the type of boys who might have attended and what their intentions were.

I'm also reminded of the documentary Audrey & Daisy. Both teenage American girls who were raped by boys they were friends with at two parties. Lots of witnesses saw what was happening and didn't care to intervene nor were they volunteering witness information to police in the aftermath.

Do we know if Donner Lake is being searched also? And there's another smaller body of water closer to the Lost Trails lodge - can't really tell if it's deep or not?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-175419_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-175419_Maps.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220810-175318_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220810-175318_Maps.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 14
“We believe that someone knows,” Nevada County Sheriff’s Office captain Sam Brown said during a press conference on Wednesday.

“Someone saw her but they’re not coming forward.”

“We do not have any new leads, and that I can tell you is very frustrating for us,” Josh Barnhart of the Placer County Sheriff’s Office said during the briefing.
An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza) photo 2

An image of the hoodie Kiely's friend let her borrow the evening she disappeared. (KRNV/Andrea Esparza)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member