Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say when I started looking at this case I thought for sure she was in the lake, but I think they would have found something by now. Looking at the satellite image of the maple area, the road does go right into the lake and obviously there are no street lights so it is possible. But when i look at the maps and user the available satellite imagery it seems either all or nothing for the boat ramp. Not a lot of other places she could go in. If the went the other way the roads seem to lead back to the main road or to just and impassable spot.

Does anyone think an accidental OD and cover up is a likely theory in this case?

I have seen it a few times here on websleuths over the years, nothing is ''off the table'' so to speak, so what are people's opinions on this theory?

MOO.
I’m a little worried because it was noted she said she wanted to get f’d up which is normal terminology for drugs not alcohol. I still vote for magic mushrooms. Back in the day, way back, I saw dozens of people use and enjoy but I can still see the ones in my mind that had a bad trip. Other than that, a popular teen drug are opiates, especially Percocets/Oxycodone which are particularly dangerous to someone not used to them. OD’s are common with opioid abuse. I think she used but I don’t think she overdosed. I think she was with someone willingly… at first, with things going left later: she’s held captive or body dumped with car hidden in garage or storage.

Last edited:
DateTimeActionDetailLink
8/5/226:08 PMKnown LocationVideo surveillance of Kiely visiting local businessPlacer County Sheriff - Facebook Post
8/5/229:45 PMKnown LocationKR arrives to the party (source: SS)The Independent
8/5/22Known LocationAttends party in general area of Prosser family Camp GroupGoogle Maps - Prosser Family Camp Ground
Clip of Party - CBS Sacramento YouTube
Clip of Party Location - Fox 40 YouTube
8/5/2211:00 PMKnown LocationKR & SS Charge Phones in KR's VehicleThe Independent
8/6/2212:15 AMKnown LocationText mother, be home in 45 minutes (12:30pm curfew)Fox News Digital
8/6/2212:25 AMKnown LocationThe teenagers said goodbye to each other around 12.25amThe Independent
8/6/2212:33 AMKnown LocationLast Phone PingPress Conference - Tahoe Truckee Media YouTube
8/6/2212:36 AMPhone Call to Samantha Smith“At 12.36am she called me … and this is the last call anybody had with her. We said ‘love you, good night. Get home safe,’ and that’s the last thing we heard of her,” Samantha said on Monday.
-
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office told The Independent on Monday that the department could not confirm whether Samantha was the last person to speak Kiely, but said that shortly after midnight her phone was turned off.

(*NOTE: Conflicts with Law Enforcement Statement regarding Times)
The Independent
8/6/229:00 AMInformationDid not show up at meet spot to go on hike with friendsThe Independent
8/6/22morningInformation - SearchFriends search party area and townFox 40
8/6/225:41 PMInformationMissing Flyer Posted to FacebookFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/7/226:03 PMInformationTip Line SetupFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/6/226:26 PMInformation - Search280 volunteers begin searchKOLOTV
8/8/223:28 PMInformationAn anonymous tip line has been established and a $50,000 reward offeredKRCA
8/8/222:30 PMInformation - Search50 FBI agents involved; Over 200 tips submittedSacramento Bee
8/9/224:44 PMInformation - SearchAir search of Interstate 80 corridor between Donner Summit and the Nevada state lineFacebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/2211:59 AMInformation - Search77 Personnel Assigned, 528 Dedicated Personnel Hours, 3 Air Resources, >100 Tips received from 8/6-8/8Facebook - Placer Sheriff
8/9/222:09 PMInformation - SearchGround search includes: all-terrain vehicles, including four-wheelers, trikes and dirt bikes. Search dogs used.Fox News Digital
8/9/222:00 PMSearch UpdateDive teams, boats and helicopters used to search reservoirDaily Mail
8/10/228:58 AMInformationAssisting Agencies: CHP, FBI, Homeland Security, Truckee PD, Douglass County Sheriff, Washoe County Sheriff, California Central Intelligence Center, Placer County OES; Personnel Assigned: 265; Dedicated Personnel Hours: 4,600; Air Resources 2 (PCSO, CHP); Tips: 300 (8/6-8/9)Placer County Sheriff - Facebook Post
updated and removed commentary/speculation. Please provide feedback and I can modify further if future updates are needed.
What an amazing piece of work, @megs1477!
A BIG Thanks for your diligence and time. Very helpful!
:)

I remember someone asked if she had a jacket, but I can't find the question. She was loaned a hoodie. They showed a photo of it on the live stream, but I couldn't make out the print. Anyone able to find a photo?

My theory is that she attempted to drive severely impaired and unfortunately went into a body of water. If someone else was driving the vehicle and went into the water with her we would have a report of another missing person at this point so you have to assume she was alone if the vehicle did go into the water.

The car missing is the big key here and leads to the above conclusion. Of course the abduction theory can still be true but seems highly unlikely in that location in my opinion.

Keep searching the water, they will find the vehicle.

I remember someone asked if she had a jacket, but I can't find the question. She was loaned a hoodie. They showed a photo of it on the live stream, but I couldn't make out the print. Anyone able to find a photo?
There is info about the hoodie on the official FBI poster- lemme see if I can pull it up. Not a pic but description.
She was in possession of a dark gray Lana Del Ray hoodie.

Attachments

• kiely-mai-rodni.pdf
    519.8 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads