Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All, I have the Following video links available.

August 6, 12 am -7 am

Cameras:
I-80 Exit 2 at Gold ranch
I-80 at Mogul overlook
I-80 at Boomtown Garson Rd

I think these three have the best shot of seeing something.

It is also possible she drove north and then south along 395

Camera: US 395 at Border town

Can a Mod DM me to discuss how to set this up?
A) we could download these to a public space (dropbox, google drive etc)
B) they can be linked directly, via AWS, I guess the company has to pay on some level.

Also, is there a way to create a thread where we can just review the video and provide notes?

I guess I want to make sure I don't do something against the rules here by posting a bunch of links to the videos in this thread. Recommendations? Mods?

I can also share the links with someone if they know how to set up a new discussion and link it here.

Right, but in Nevada they are recorded. So, 395 and I-80 in Nevada can be looked at. I found a number of recording that are available for $250 per hour form 12 am - 6 am along both roads. I don't have the deep pockets to buy the recordings and actually watch, but hopefully someone has. It would at least be something to rule out. teh preview clips sem pretty grainy at night, but who knows.
Good to know that about Nevada roads.
Couple of years ago? A little south of this incident. Never found. Went to a party, probably ingested something she shouldn’t have, last seen at her home, so fellow party-goers aren’t suspected, as far as I know.
Karlie Guse disappeared from the Bishop, CA area, which is a good 4+ hours driving time from Truckee

August 6, 12 am -7 am

Cameras:
I-80 at Mogul overlook

B) they can be linked directly, via AWS, I guess the company has to pay on some level.

Also, is there a way to create a thread where we can just review the video and provide notes?

I guess I want to make sure I don't do something against the rules here by posting a bunch of links to the videos in this thread. Recommendations? Mods?

I can also share the links with someone if they know how to set up a new discussion and link it here.
I recommend you PM this to the mod before setting this up. They don't read every single message and may not see this post. IMO

"
#1. ... Law enforcement officials have urged the public to keep a look out for jewellery that Kiely Rodni is believed to have been wearing when she disappeared.

Authorities shared a recent photo of the 16-year-old wearing a string of gold necklaces. She is believed to have been wearing the same necklaces on 6 August when she went to the campground party.

Anyone who has/may have seen her necklaces is asked to call the tip line at (530) 581-6320 Option 7, or email the tip portal - sheriff_tahoeinvesttips@placer.ca.gov. Tipsters can remain anonymous."

#2. The photo of Rodni, the 16-year-old who went missing from a Lake Tahoe-area campground last week, was previously distributed but is now considered key because her family says she was wearing the gold-colored necklaces seen in it when she disappeared.https://news.yahoo.com/officials-emphasize-photo-continued-search-183900815.html

For what reason could LE have released photographs of necklaces Kiely was reportedly wearing when she disappeared, and asked for the public's attention to them? (see links #1 and #2, above.)

Do they consider the necklaces may

- be found somewhere, having fallen off during a possible struggle?

- have been stolen by someone who found Kiely unconscious, or deceased? Or forcibly stolen from her anytime during or after the party?

- have been found or stolen and could be located in a pawn shop?

What other reasons?

If Kiely drove into the water her necklaces are unlikely to be found anywhere but in or near her vehicle.

Same if she drove off the road into the brush or a ravine.

Is this plea for attention to the necklaces merely an indication LE is investigating all possible scenarios causing Kiely's disappearance?

Or does it suggest LE have garnered significant evidence of some person/persons actively involved in her disappearance?

Is this plea for attention to the necklaces merely an indication LE is investigating all possible scenarios causing Kiely's disappearance?

Or does it suggest LE have garnered significant evidence of some person/persons actively involved in her disappearance?
SBM
I think both.
They are leaving no stone unturned.
They have suspicions.

"
#1. ... Law enforcement officials have urged the public to keep a look out for jewellery that Kiely Rodni is believed to have been wearing when she disappeared.

Authorities shared a recent photo of the 16-year-old wearing a string of gold necklaces. She is believed to have been wearing the same necklaces on 6 August when she went to the campground party.

Anyone who has/may have seen her necklaces is asked to call the tip line at (530) 581-6320 Option 7, or email the tip portal - sheriff_tahoeinvesttips@placer.ca.gov. Tipsters can remain anonymous."

#2. The photo of Rodni, the 16-year-old who went missing from a Lake Tahoe-area campground last week, was previously distributed but is now considered key because her family says she was wearing the gold-colored necklaces seen in it when she disappeared.https://news.yahoo.com/officials-emphasize-photo-continued-search-183900815.html

For what reason could LE have released photographs of necklaces Kiely was reportedly wearing when she disappeared, and asked for the public's attention to them? (see links #1 and #2, above.)

- have been stolen by someone who found Kiely unconscious, or deceased? Or forcibly stolen from her anytime during or after the party?

What other reasons?

If Kiely drove into the water her necklaces are unlikely to be found anywhere but in or near her vehicle.

RBBM

To me, the "have been found or stolen, and could be located in a pawn shop" makes the most sense.

If she truly was as inebriated/drugged as others are indicating, I could see someone saying, "I really like your necklace! Could I please see it?". And then, possibly removing it from her forcefully.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
Hi All, per my earlier message about archived video images form the NV/CA border, I have been in touch with the company and they are goign to make the video available for public review. I am hoping to get a bunch of you committed to watching the footage to see if we see anything.

The company said they would put the requested archival footage on a server and provide a link. I have asked for three cameras along I-80 near the CA border and one camera on 395.

I have never done anything like this, maybe a MOD (or someone more familiar with this site) can help. Maybe we can set up a designated thread to link to videos and provide any notes on reviewed footage? Hoping a bit of citizen sleuthing can turn something. Who is up for it?

It is a long shot, but maybe there could be a clue that at least broadens the search area.

I recommend you PM this to the mod before setting this up. They don't read every single message and may not see this post. IMO
Working on this now, thanks!

"

What other reasons?

Addendum to my last response:

I think the Sheriff’s Office has some sense that the necklaces may have:

1. come off in a struggle (to be found on the ground)
2. or stolen (to be found in a pawn shop)
3. or given to a perpetrator’s girlfriend (to be seen on a girl who is not Kiely). This last has happened in many, many cases (girl missing, her jewelry seen on girlfriend of guy who took her).

August 6, 12 am -7 am

Cameras:
I-80 at Mogul overlook

This sounds great DrDubya. We'll set up a dedicated thread for the links and the discussion, and will link to that thread in the Opening Post of each general discussion thread. As the OP gets carried forward in successive threads, the link to the dedicated thread will always be there for members to find it.

Thank you for being so proactive and contacting the company, and of course a huge Thank You to the company for agreeing to do this to hopefully help in the search for Kiely.

I was amazed at how responsive the company was, so thanks to them! I will post links as I receive them. Again, looking for help to make this work efficiently.
Hey - I'm really interested in helping review CCTV. Let me know when you have a link. Can recruit

August 6, 12 am -7 am

Cameras:
I-80 at Mogul overlook

If they are ok with it being public just post it into Google Drive or Dropbox and provide links. The AWS cost they incur is the data hosting and bandwidth consumption.

August 6, 12 am -7 am

Cameras:
I-80 at Mogul overlook

I'm up for helping when it's set up.

There's a thread for Camille
There’s another suspicious missing person, possibly kidnapped in Northern California. Thread pending clear details:

The Chico Police Department is conducting an investigation into a missing person incident that originated from a 9-1-1 call from a north Chico location late on Friday night.

The phone call to dispatch was a report about a possible kidnapping, according to the police department. Officers explained on Saturday morning that they have been unable to substantiate that a kidnapping occurred, so they are considering it a missing person’s case “under suspicious circumstances.”

Officers said their investigation resulted in “very convoluted and inconsistent” information.
@SMK777 Still missing:
CA - CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

What year? From the same area or state? Was she found deceased, or never found?
4 years ago from Bishop, CA. There’s a thread on WS about her, she was 16 at the time of her disappearance. She is still missing
Addendum to my last response:

I think the Sheriff’s Office has some sense that the necklaces may have:

1. come off in a struggle (to be found on the ground)
2. or stolen (to be found in a pawn shop)
3. or given to a perpetrator’s girlfriend (to be seen on a girl who is not Kiely). This last has happened in many, many cases (girl missing, her jewelry seen on girlfriend of guy who took her).

or, you might not remember if you saw Kiely or recognize her face but might have noticed her necklaces

4 years ago from Bishop, CA. There’s a thread on WS about her, she was 16 at the time of her disappearance. She is still missing

or, you might not remember if you saw Kiely or recognize her face but might have noticed her necklaces
Good addition, giving hope for a live Kiely. My thinking was more sinister.

Perhaps they should have added, If you see a girl with these necklaces…

The way they worded it sounds like, look for these necklaces, not on her, but just these necklaces…

ADMIN NOTE:

We've set up the dedicated thread for discussion of the archived traffic cam footage.

The above thread is now linked in the Opening Post of this general discussion thread and will be carried forward in the Opening Posts of any successive threads.

You know how LE tells you to keep an eye out for a change in demeanor, suspicious activities, becoming a loner, etc. when they say a perp might be someone you know?

We have read here that adults are discouraging teens to give tips.

Locals, please be aware of changes in demeanor from adults/parents that you regularly associate with. Their teen/YA may have let them know they know something and are in protection mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member