Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to cover all.angles of this <modsnip>, so hopefully this post is allowed...I have been looking at criminal activity in the area I don't know if anyone has noticed but within an hour radius of truckee ca there has been multiple arrests of trafficking rings in the Month of july.. this concerns me because for a trafficking ring an hour radius is not that far.. so much focus on her driving into water I don't want any other possibility of finding her to slip by if she is out there and needs help..
I didn't know that. I mostly dismissed the abduction angle at first, as it would seem difficult to do in a large gathering, but am more open to it as I learn more about this case. I think a key question may be: Who was, by their own admission or that of LE, allegedly alone with KR (possibly on multiple occasions) after the last LE-confirmed sighting of KR?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that. I mostly dismissed the abduction angle at first, as it would seem difficult to do in a large gathering, but am more open to it as I learn more about this case. I think a key question may be: Who was, by their own admission or that of LE, allegedly alone with KR (possibly on multiple occasions) after the last LE-confirmed sighting of KR? I have a bit of a far out abduction scenario that while perhaps a bit of a longshot, seems plausible, but (despite it not naming anyone specifically) it might be best to keep that to myself.
It's possible that kiely didn't even disappear from the the campsite...if trafficking is involved she could have left to go home alone and encountered someone on the way.. I had someone come up to me at a stop sign in my town and say hey can you give me money for gas my cars on e....I didn't roll down my window but told them to follow me to the close by sheetz they'd have better luck getting money there...they followed me and turned into a dark road where another car was sitting instead of going to sheetz....it's literally that easy...I don't even want to think of what could have happened if I had rolled my window down....

Last edited by a moderator:
A few thoughts. If KR did get in her car to drive home there is a strong possibility she would plug her phone into the charger. There would have been more pings at least a little bit along the route home. While it is also possible she didn’t plug it in my thought is she would. To me this is a factor that would reduce the probability she and her car are off the road somewhere.
Also kiely was sober enough to call sammi and ask if she had found a ride home before she left so at that point her phone was not dead and sammi didn't mention that kiely sounded beyond drunk or drugged at that time she simply said that she talked to her on the phone and didn't mention anything odd about the call

I am not convinced there were 300 people or even near that at this party. Also I have considered that everyone has said lots of older people were showing up. Is it possible there was just another group of party goers who merged into what was supposed to be a HS age party? Lets say everyone at least rode with someone else. That's still 150 cars. That is about the number of cars at a Walmart on any given Sunday at any one particular time. I am still wondering, since no one has said, how it is that Meg rode with KR, but left the party 10min after arriving, with her BF per her own statement. Did her BF follow her to the party. Per Meg, within min of her and KR's arrival, she states that multiple guys were trying to get her to do as many bong rips without her boyfriend present. Also her words. Then 10 min later she left with her BF. So they got out of the car, and multiple guys approached them offering bong hits, and she was appalled because her BF was not there at that particular moment. Sounds more like a statement made for her BF's benefit. The fact that SS has not made any statement to KR talking to or hanging with any particular person when they last parted company. Not even a description, regardless of if she or KR knew them is weird. LE says they confirmed through video that she was at the party and wearing the white odd future hoody. The whole thing is really strange, but I think at least the friends are not being entirely truthful.

Unless someone was specifically interested in her (and followed her movements), it is quite possible that no one knows. Remembering myself at her age, partying at night (at the seaside), in the darkness, you notice people, couples, even, when they are virtually in front of you. Otherwise, little would I care? Young people are naturally self-conceited. And we had only alcohol, and I was never truly wasted. The only difference, if I liked someone. That person I’d follow, if even out of the corner of my eye. So KR was not quite sober, and she was sixteen; basically, an adolescent. A decent kid would probably not take advantage of an underage drunk girl and hence, not trace her movements. This leaves predators. But it is possible that they were not local, or not well-known to the locals.
@Charlot123, agree with speculation of abduction/predators, on July 12, 2022, a human trafficking sting arrested 9 in South Lake Tahoe, men with addresses from Reno to Sacramento, this sickness is widespread into surrounding communities from the Cities. Sad reality is it only takes one maybe two predators, blending in a large party or dropped off late from nearby, in darkness. AMOO

Do we absolutely know for sure the friends did not check in with her before leaving? Maybe they did, and she had found someone else to hang out with, and insisted that she was fine and told them they could go. And if she’s drunk, and they’re drunk, everyone involved is ok with this arrangement and the friends leave. I know I’ve been in that situation before- felt comfortable somewhere with my friends leaving, and told them to do so. Just a thought. IMO
No, we do not know about any interactions with friends or acquaintances beyond Elsa saying she say Kiely around 12 am, and SS saying she received a phone call about the ride at 12:36 am, which came a short, but non specifc, time after they had parted ways at the party when SS said she had told Kiely she had a ride with someone else.

Edited: And of course Mags earlier in the night, and LE confirming Kiely was on video wearing the Odd Future sweatshirt at the party.

I am not convinced there were 300 people or even near that at this party. Also I have considered that everyone has said lots of older people were showing up. Is it possible there was just another group of party goers who merged into what was supposed to be a HS age party? Lets say everyone at least rode with someone else. That's still 150 cars. That is about the number of cars at a Walmart on any given Sunday at any one particular time. I am still wondering, since no one has said, how it is that Meg rode with KR, but left the party 10min after arriving, with her BF per her own statement. Did her BF follow her to the party. Per Meg, within min of her and KR's arrival, she states that multiple guys were trying to get her to do as many bong rips without her boyfriend present. Also her words. Then 10 min later she left with her BF. So they got out of the car, and multiple guys approached them offering bong hits, and she was appalled because her BF was not there at that particular moment. Sounds more like a statement made for her BF's benefit. The fact that SS has not made any statement to KR talking to or hanging with any particular person when they last parted company. Not even a description, regardless of if she or KR knew them is weird. LE says they confirmed through video that she was at the party and wearing the white odd future hoody. The whole thing is really strange, but I think at least the friends are not being entirely truthful.
LE has been very careful to not name anyone that was at the party and are not releasing video footage they have received (I believe for the same reason). LE wants to protect the anonymity of the kids so more may come forward with information. Plus, they don't want more kids subject to unwarranted speculation. I think SS has got that message, too. She is not outing anyone that was at the party.
I interpreted Meg's statement to indicate that she was a little intimidated. Her bf may have been at the party, they had just not found each other yet.

@Charlot123, agree with speculation of abduction/predators, on July 12, 2022, a human trafficking sting arrested 9 in South Lake Tahoe, men with addresses from Reno to Sacramento, this sickness is widespread into surrounding communities from the Cities. Sad reality is it only takes one maybe two predators, blending in a large party or dropped off late from nearby, in darkness. AMOO

It wouldn't have to be something as dramatic as sex trafficking either.

Example: She may have gone with a guy(s), people etc willingly, semi-willingly depending on her state as the party wound down, when she allegedly would have been heading home. i.e. around the time she called SS.

Remember, her mother had said "Wake me up when you get home", so Kiely may have known her mom to be a deep sleeper, may have had plans to stay out a little later and thought she could have gotten away with it "Mom, I know how tired you are/I was so tired, just brushed my teeth and fell asleep on the couch, I'm sorry won't happen again, want anything from Starbucks?" etc.

IF drugs were involved, what started out as a somewhat typical hookup, maybe with ne of the slightly older and or out of the area guys, or even something like a "date rape" but not intended murder or trafficking, could have gone really wrong, really fast.

Next thing you know? Young blonde girl is missing, and it's all over the news. Cover it up, and fast.

I don't see the teens pulling off this kind of cover up, but an older person or two? Seems more plausible...

LE has been very careful to not name anyone that was at the party and are not releasing video footage they have received (I believe for the same reason). LE wants to protect the anonymity of the kids so more may come forward with information. Plus, they don't want more kids subject to unwarranted speculation. I think SS has got that message, too. She is not outing anyone that was at the party.
I interpreted Meg's statement to indicate that she was a little intimidated. Her bf may have been at the party, they had just not found each other yet.

ML arriving with Kiely and then leaving with her boyfriend doesn't strike me as unusual. She clearly stated she was uncomfortable at the party. She might not be a "party person", she may have simply wanted to be alone with her boyfriend, and/or he might not be a "party person." Or some combination. Teen relationships can be intense, so who knows the dynamic there?

It sounds like a fair amount of the kids they knew and/or went to school with were at the party at least part of the evening. It has been described as a "senior send off" in numerous sources, so I believe the numbers.

Adventures With Purpose (AWP) is dedicated to helping families of missing loved ones

“I can not disclose who has requested us for security purposes but we were requested,” said Bishop. “This case is high profile, we received thousands and thousands of messages regarding this case. We have a lot of different agents who have reached out.”

When KOLO8 News Now contacted the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, they were not aware of the organization’s post, confirming their participation in the search.

“What makes us successful is... we don’t have red tape that other agencies have, you know? A lot of times their hands are tight, their policies prevent them from doing certain things,” said Bishop.

This event occurred following the day of the party and, I think? - around the same area. Marathons start so early in the morning but I’m not sure how late the hikers return. I wonder if it’s worth trying to contact any of them for possible sightings of anomalies.

Mags did not go to the party with her bf, but met and left with him ten minutes after arriving. All I can infer from that is that she probably went to the party with Kiely specifically to hook up with her bf and leave. Perhaps going to the party with Kiely was only an excuse she gave her parents, for whatever reason. JMO

Last edited:
Showing up at large outdoor parties and leaving shortly after, and then sometimes returning (NOT implying anyone mentioned in this discussion did so) is all fairly normal behavior, especially for teenagers.

At least it was when I was a young?

Accepting the reason ML gave for leaving the party--guys right up in her face with bongs--seems plausible to me. If she says that isn't her thing, we need to believe her. It isn't our business. She was barely at the party. She isn't missing, or named by LE for any reason, right? She's just a kid.

What I DO find perplexing is that no one has come forward to say they saw Kiely off, since she has been described as very social, well known and well liked in many sources now. I think LE must have asked people not to comment.

We welcome new members to Websleuths to discuss this troubling case.
PLEASE review the WS rules we ALL agreed to when we joined.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.
Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY Facebook links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.
- NO ONE may be accused/speculated/sleuthed unless they are the victims or persons NAMED BY LE as a suspect or POI. NO bashing ANY of the case players/witness. Time-outs and/or thread-bans will be issued.
- If you have inside info you want to share without providing links, YOU MUST BE APPROVED AS A VERIFIED INSIDER. Link to do so is in my signature below.

Websleuths is FACT-BASED and VICTIM-FRIENDLY.
Family members are considered victims also unless/until LE tells us they are suspects or POIs.
Posts that are in violation of ANY of the Websleuths’ TOS are subject to removal, as are all the replies that quote and/or reference the violating post.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths’ TOS.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

This event occurred following the day of the party and, I think? - around the same area. Marathons start so early in the morning but I’m not sure how late the hikers return. I wonder if it’s worth trying to contact any of them for possible sightings of anomalies.

This event is not very close to where KR was last spotted. I actually spent some time on most of this running course the day KR was reported missing (I wasn't aware she was missing at the time), and didn't see anything.

Do we absolutely know for sure the friends did not check in with her before leaving? Maybe they did, and she had found someone else to hang out with, and insisted that she was fine and told them they could go. And if she’s drunk, and they’re drunk, everyone involved is ok with this arrangement and the friends leave. I know I’ve been in that situation before- felt comfortable somewhere with my friends leaving, and told them to do so. Just a thought. IMO
In this scenario, I find it strange that KR called SS to ask if she still needed a ride, if she already knew KR had one. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98