Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This of course means she could NOT turn her phone back on for any reason while driving to or attending an after-party or she would be busted. With her phone powered off, this leaves her extra vulnerable if she finds herself in danger.
If the divers don't find her this weekend, this is my new #1 theory.

They are vault toilets. This generally means individual unisex compartments each with a door, not "restrooms".

Ok, so a vault toilet still has a door? We're not talking about a truly rustic outhouse, are we? That's what I am trying to understand. I have been searching for a photo, particularly in relation to the site.

My point was, is it a place someone could lurk around, follow her in, close a door easily and harm her in any way?

Ok. I believe there are photos of the toilets here. I am not certain these are THE same ones used by the girls at the party, but am sharing in case anyone else is curious. This is more of a building and nicer than what I was originally picturing, and IMO, someone could definitely get in there with you if they had that intent. (image 12)

Prosser Family Campground Tahoe NF ,Truckee ,California

This is a typical vault toilet that you will see in the west in areas of US Forest Service lands

Note:
1. Door closes and can be locked from the inside
2. Concrete floor
3. Fairly large inside
4. Most do not have electrical lights, most have skylights or maybe a solar panel for an outside and inside light
5. No water supply or handwashing faciliites
1660868109762.png

They are vault toilets. This generally means individual unisex compartments each with a door, not "restrooms".

The party was not at the campground. It was at an area nearby with no amenities. From SS's descriptions of their bathroom breaks, they appear to have used the woods.

Depends on what they're guilty of, too. If somebody was dealing, for instance, they might not come forward.
But of course all they would have to do is anonymously say she went to such and such address where the party was. You would never even need to reveal your identity or any crimes you might be guilty of. Police could fill in the rest by themselves.

Ok. I believe there are photos of the toilets here. I am not certain these are THE same ones used by the girls at the party, but am sharing in case anyone else is curious. This is more of a building and nicer than what I was originally picturing, and IMO, someone could definitely get in there with you if they had that intent. (image 12)

Prosser Family Campground Tahoe NF ,Truckee ,California
Correct me if I am wrong, because I eventually tuned out the discussion yesterday on how to unsnap a bodysuit or pull the crotch to the side to squat to go potty, but these kids were not actually in the campground, so would they have been using those toilets? I got the sense they were just finding a tree to squat behind, because I seem to remember SS saying they went together, multiple times, and those don't seem to have room for two people to be inside at the same time. JMO

Last edited:
Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've read every post on all 4 threads.
Here is a thought.
When KR texted her mom and realized that her mom was essentially going to sleep ("wake me when you get home"), it gave KR a little extra boldness to push the curfew. Therefore, as the party was breaking up/splitting off, she calls SS to be sure she did indeed get out (as she is a conscientious friend), then proceeded to turn off her phone preventing her mom from looking back at her locations the next day. I do this with my kids- I frequently look back the next morning on their routes/locations/times for the night before to make sure they did what they told me they did when they told me they did it. How clever would it be to just turn one's phone off, go to an after-party, then sneak in MUCH later than curfew while mom was asleep. The next day you could claim the locator app glitched, you don't know why it still shows you at the campground, you don't know why it didn't show you driving straight home at 12:30. Just a theory as a mom of teens.
Definitely possible. I've also turned off my phone while partying if the battery was starting to run low, with the idea of turning it on only when needing to use it.

Nobody is going to lose any scholarships or acceptances for being a good samaritan. What's the matter with these people. Imagine the publicity on that for the University, horrendous.
What you do in your private life shouldn't affect your academic life. They're both separate....at least in the UK.
Even if you have a criminal conviction or a police record for a minor demeanor, why shouldn't you study at the university if you were accepted?

MOO.

Here is a thought.
When KR texted her mom and realized that her mom was essentially going to sleep ("wake me when you get home"), it gave KR a little extra boldness to push the curfew. Therefore, as the party was breaking up/splitting off, she calls SS to be sure she did indeed get out (as she is a conscientious friend), then proceeded to turn off her phone preventing her mom from looking back at her locations the next day. I do this with my kids- I frequently look back the next morning on their routes/locations/times for the night before to make sure they did what they told me they did when they told me they did it. How clever would it be to just turn one's phone off, go to an after-party, then sneak in MUCH later than curfew while mom was asleep. The next day you could claim the locator app glitched, you don't know why it still shows you at the campground, you don't know why it didn't show you driving straight home at 12:30. Just a theory as a mom of teens.
THIS!!!

But of course all they would have to do is anonymously say she went to such and such address where the party was. You would never even need to reveal your identity or any crimes you might be guilty of. Police could fill in the rest by themselves.

Again, depending on exactly what went down. If you were the one selling something that caused somebody else to die of OD or contaminated drug, there wouldn't be much you could say without giving yourself away.

Here is a thought.
I think you nailed it!

If this has been shared already, I apologize. In this MSN video, one of the teens (looks to be SS from credits) from the party points out where Kiely's car was parked, the main party area, and the road to leave. Everything is *very* close together. I found it interesting.

So I think we're back to the supposed "after party" wherever that took place, if indeed it did at all. Perhaps whatever happened, happened there, and there was a smaller number of attendees who could have covered something up.

Correct me if I am wrong, because I eventually tuned out the discussion yesterday on how to unsnap a bodysuit or pull the crotch to the side to squat to go potty, but these kids were not actually in the campground, so would they have been using those toilets? I got the sense they were just finding a tree to squat behind, because I seem to remember SS saying they went together, and those don't seem to have room for two people to be inside at the same time. JMO
Right--the "pop a squat" convo....

"popping a squat" does sound more like something you would do in the woods, but I can tell you I'm not a fan of sitting on public toilet seats either, especially not ones potentially used by 300 drunken ppl lol.

When we went back and listened to her interview, SS kept saying they "went to the restrooms". Maybe a polite way of saying they went to pee in the woods, or maybe she meant they used nearby vault toilets?

I feel kinda silly nitpicking every little detail in this way, I'm just trying to establish if Kiely could have gone off somewhere alone and been in a potentially more vulnerable situation. If she was familiar with this place, felt comfortable being outside alone, there were lots of people around and the toilets were open 24-7, maybe she did walk to them and use?

AUG 18

TRUCKEE, Calif. — Partygoers who were with Kiely Rodni the night she vanished are refusing to cooperate with investigators — because they’re afraid they could get charged over “illegal activity” and then kicked out of college, California authorities said.

“People aren’t talking to us,” Placer County Sheriff’s Office public information officer Angela Musallam told The Post Thursday.

More at Search for missing California teen Kiely Rodni stalled as party-goers refuse to cooperate with cops
UGH
I am so upset about this I had to DBM earlier !!!

I understand the possible fear of coming forward, HOWEVER, there is a young girl MISSING.

They need to reiterate to these "party goers/ parents/ etc and ask them...
What if it was YOUR son/daughter/sibling/friend/ parent that is missing ?????

Wouldn't they want people to come forward for them??

You bet they would.

Very Selfish and Karma is a B*^$%*

Thanks for letting me vent.

#findKiely

Right--the "pop a squat" convo....

"popping a squat" does sound more like something you would do in the woods, but I can tell you I'm not a fan of sitting on public toilet seats either, especially not ones potentially used by 300 drunken ppl lol.

When we went back and listened to her interview, SS kept saying they "went to the restrooms". Maybe a polite way of saying they went to pee in the woods, or maybe she meant they used nearby vault toilets?

I feel kinda silly nitpicking every little detail in this way, I'm just trying to establish if Kiely could have gone off somewhere alone and been in a potentially more vulnerable situation. If she was familiar with this place, felt comfortable being outside alone, there were lots of people around and the toilets were open 24-7, maybe she did walk to them and use?
I agree with @SteveP - from what we've read, this "party" was not in the official camping area (it's been said it was in state forest, not on private property) and not "near" one so if there are any publicly available outhouses or what have you, I do not think the attendees were near them, hence the comments they went to the woods several x to pee. Which would mean anyone could come across you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Prairie Gurl