Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The number 17 has a variety of meanings; you can google it. Some rappers have it, and others have it for various spiritual references. Think back when you were a teen and how certain song lyrics had DEEP meaning. Same thing.

Amateur opinion and speculation
So true, I’m 47 and in my 30’s got a dragonfly tattoo for an atmosphere song, and I wasnt even a teen

This is my current theory as well:
- KR makes plans to drive SS home
- SS finds another ride *without* telling KR or saying goodbye
- KR waits around, then around 12:25 (10 min after they were supposed to meet) calls SS to ask where she is because it's time to go home but SS is nowhere to be found
- when she finds out KR is missing, SS tries to "soften" the story of how she left KR there alone by saying she said goodbye in person before leaving, but in the process messes up the timeline by placing the phone call at 12:36 (11 minutes after supposedly saying goodbye), perhaps before finding out that KR's phone last pinged at 12:33

MOO. (Not trying to disparage anyone, just to figure out possible explanations for the timeline inconsistencies.)

I keep coming back to this, the person that Kiely was giving a ride to had left with someone to go on some sort of run but was suppose to be back by about 12:15. When 12:30 rolled around Kiely called to ask "where are you?". It's hard to say what the response could have been. It could have been "I'm not coming back go on without me" or "yes I'm coming, please don't leave me" or maybe even " I'm over here now, come give me a ride".

I guess this is my if she's not in the water theory although it's really only half a theory because it still doesn't explain what happened to Kiely. I suppose I'll just wait and see what the search turns up.
I sure hope somehow she's alright but we all know how these things usually end.

Just wanted to add how strange the 15 minute curfew extension seems to me. Who does that? It just about had to be for a specific reason and Kiely would have known what that reason was by 11:30. If anyone can figure out what that specific reason was then they may well have cracked this case. Just my opinion.

I honestly think 16 and 18 is a big gap in the world of teenagers even if they were techinally in the same grade. It wouldn't surprise me if her efforts around being a designated driver etc. was a part of filling a certain role in this friend group for acceptance.

You make a good point, and one that leads me to question whether Kiely was 'being used' a little bit by these friends?

Perhaps she was wanting to impress them, and be more accepted?

So perhaps she agreed to be a designated driver, and perhaps she also pretended to be a bit more drunk in front of others than she really was?

And maybe these 'friends' were more like 'friendly local acquaintances' rather than good pals, and perhaps they didn't feel as strongly about Kiely as she did about them. They had no qualms about leaving her at the party.

One girl got a ride to the party with Kiely just to meet her boyfriend there and then left Kiely, and later on, SS also got a ride with someone from the party and also left Kiely. It's so sad.

Perhaps hanging out with 16 year old Kiely wasn't that cool or appealing when there were older people to hang with at the party?
Was it a case of 'nice to see ya, wouldn't want to be ya'........??

MOO.

I have a question. Are Airbnbs for people who want to spend their vacation at Lake Tahoe close to Truckee? For young visitors of Lake Tahoe interested in parties like this, it won’t be difficult to find out, would it?

Are you asking if they could book an AirBnB?

You need to be 18. Age requirements - Airbnb Help Center.

Edited: to search the locations, just enter in search. Hope this helps!

Video interview from the Media, Maps and Timeline thread.

Video interview from the Media, Maps and Timeline thread.

[/QUOTE
Thank you! I had forgotten her one liner.

I was looking on maps for back ways from Truckee to Reno. There is a road, Dog Valley, that probably can be accessed all the way through. At least on a bike you can. Someone should mountain bike this route to check. It goes right by the larger of the reservoirs too.

Attachments

• E6CA1DBD-D955-450E-B28C-AB5D9B6D8F0D.jpeg
    E6CA1DBD-D955-450E-B28C-AB5D9B6D8F0D.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 10
I question how drunk she really was too based on her call to confirm the status of giving SS a ride. As a person who was also the youngest of my peer group, I definitely played up stuff like this to appear to be like everyone else/more grown up. I honestly think 16 and 18 is a big gap in the world of teenagers even if they were techinally in the same grade. It wouldn't surprise me if her efforts around being a designated driver etc. was a part of filling a certain role in this friend group for acceptance.

+1. And there is more. You are a good student, you do everything that parents expect, and they trust you, it all sounds common. However, there is some difference in experience between you and your older friends. I think a sixteen-year-old would be very much interested in testing her power and then stopping, because to her, a 30+ - year old feels “old”; this would make a guy very angry. It is something I am always thinking about. There are some behavior traps that eighteen-year-olds might already know how to bypass, and sixteen-year-olds would walk straight into.

I think that if they were mixing substances, and then SS left and KR called and surprised SS, KR might have been in a dissociative, pre-ictal, not very clear, state. Which sometimes foretells a seizure. Drug-induced seizure is not unlikely. Especially with some substances, with stimulants. (Did she hit her head?)

The rest lies with people who were there. My guess with this scenario would be, they simply abandoned her when they saw what was going on, rapidly moved to another place, not to be responsible for all of it, drugs, minors. KR, being postictal and confused, decided to drive, or even walk, and in her confusion, something happened? Could the decision of the group to "move to a harder-core party" be related to the fact that she had a seizure and they simply abandoned her? Didn't hurt, but didn't help, either? Such a response to drug-related event at parties is not unusual.
Heidi Planck

Are you asking if they could book an AirBnB?

You need to be 18. Age requirements - Airbnb Help Center.

Edited: to search the locations, just enter in search. Hope this helps!
Not exactly. I think of all Airbnbs and hotels on both sides of Lake Tahoe, and the fact that many tenants would be not out of CA or NV. To fly to Reno, rent a car, drive to Lake Tahoe, settle in a hotel and get to know about a party if you are looking for one. Very easy. Only I think if something happened in “adult” party, people would leave the area earlier than planned. Check out of Airbnb, return their car earlier, not sure about a flight, but maybe.

Heidi Planck
Or, Danielle McCarthy. (That was the case of a kid who wanted to “fit in” fatally reacting to Xtasy; none of the other partiers exhibited any negative response, and they panicked. They even brought her to the hospital, but too late). I am thinking that such situations might be more frequent than we think.

Last edited:
I just knew Janis Ian's "At Seventeen" had to be on there. I played that one over and over. That and The Kinks "Come Dancing" which I always pictured as about a 17-18 yo.

Same about "At Seventeen."

I thought the Beatles would be there for " I Saw Her Standing There" with
its intro, "Well she was just seventeen, you know what I mean..."

This age can be so different for so many people. My eldest granddaughter is 17 and has had a very tough life due to my daughter's problems. For many it's a happy-go-lucky time, with legal age just on the horizon.

What "17" may mean for Kiely can be anything. If her mom was liberal about Kiely getting tattooed so young, maybe she knows what it means for Kiely.

On another note---

So has a whole day passed by without the expert volunteer underwater search party finding anything? I've been home about an hour and searched through everything but didn't see any info saying she's been found, nor her car, nor phone....I'm not sure what I'm hoping for, because naturally we all want her found alive and well. But I'm prepared for her to just be found. I'm NOT prepared for her to be forever missing.

Maybe tomorrow will bring news, hopefully.

Last edited:
Has there been any confirmation that the police broke up the party? If LE broke it up, I would assume they would have confirmed this, right? I don't think the party was ever broken up by LE.
There has been no confirmation that LE was even aware of it before Kiely's disappearance was reported. JMO

Please correct me if I’m wrong.
Didn’t PCSO state last week that they consider Kiely’s disappearance as an Abduction but could not get an Amber Alert issued because no one had seen her leave and her car hasn’t been found or seen on a traffic cam or camera?
I have a question. Are Airbnbs for people who want to spend their vacation at Lake Tahoe close to Truckee? For young visitors of Lake Tahoe interested in parties like this, it won’t be difficult to find out, would it?
Idk why curiosas post is here lol sorry!

Airbnb in Tahoe would be there. But there are folx who would get one in truckee because maybe the cost is less or their intentions are to do outdoors stuff rather than party

Heidi Planck and Daneille McCarthy are both possible drug cases. However, ever since one poster mentioned Chelsea Bruck a thread or two back I can't get that one out of my mind when I think about Kiely. Not drug related though. After talking to someone today who worked with cell phones they confirmed the 12:33 ping could be the phone connecting via voice or text. Since SS stated she was called by Kiely at 12:36 they could be one and the same. He also stated that unless the cell phone user made a call, sent a text or put their phone in airplane mode they could have gone hours without a ping if they stayed in the same location. 12:33 or 12:36 may not be when something tragic happened. It could have been 1 AM, 2 AM or later and Kiely still walking around. We know that SS left sometime between 12:00 and 12:30, but we don't know when Kiely left and we don't know when the party stopped.

I originally put an accident - in the water or in a wooded or brushy area - as the highest possibility. While I do include a voluntary disappearance on my list, I'm thinking more and more like something happened between 12:30 and sometime later, like, say 3 AM. I believe someone knows something.

We had the Alexis Murphy case here in VA. Randy Taylor was convicted and sentenced for that one. One thing at the time I thought was odd was LE brought out the Department of Corrections with their dog. It turned that the dog was trained to sniff out hidden cell phones in the prisons. They used the dog to find Alexis' cell phone and the dog found it just outside Taylor's trailer home. I would hope LE has done the same with the party area and the surrounding area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff