Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re entitled to your opinion and we can agree to disagree on this. Not saying this to argue, but I want to point out that nothing I’ve seen from AWP indicates that they have the type of character that would indicate them “planting” someone to get hype. These people are truly a God send for families and don’t ever ask for any type of compensation. They do it out of the goodness of their hearts and it’s very disheartening to see so many people (members, YouTube, FB, etc) attacking them. I’ve heard AWP state multiple times “we can’t comment on this”, “I don’t have that info”, “we’ll only release that if LE decide to take it in that direction”. (I didn’t link as it has been in every different video or interview I’ve seen with them. Take your pick from this thread.) To me, this lends to their credibility and not them doing it for hype. I’m not saying LE wanted that video released, but I do believe that AWP is being careful in what they say and trying to protect the integrity of the investigation. To people angry about the paywall, the video will be available for free Sep. 2nd. Their videos always seem to be handled this way (members only fee then public) and make sense business wise since they survive off donations and SM subscriptions. It’s important to remember this is what enables them to help families like Kiely’s, and not a “get rich quick” scheme to profit. All this is MOO of course.

They stated this based on how they found the windows when they spotted her car. I agree with you that other info is needed to get a more exact calculation, but a car with windows up versus one with a window down where water can instantly flood in will sink in very different amounts of time regardless of other factors. This is what led them to their educated guess.

If AWP has cleared this with LE and has LE's approval to release the video, and if the family has been consulted, then I agree with what you are saying. If not, then I am not comfortable with their releasing information that could be related to the investigation, and also could make LE's job more difficult. JMO.

AWP puts out videos about all of their cases, which includes information about where they searched and why, as well as the results. From what I can tell from the "teaser," that's just what they're doing here: showing their viewers what exactly led them to search at each of the locations (in this case, it seems like there was a possible "witness sighting" at Boca, which led them to search there).

IMO, the "Murder or Accident?" hook is just that -- a hook, to grab people's attention -- because that was exactly the question going through everyone's minds as they were searching, and that question was going to have a profound effect on where they'd be looking and how they'd be going about their search.

MOO.

If AWP has cleared this with LE and has LE's approval to release the video, and if the family has been consulted, then I agree with what you are saying. If not, then I am not comfortable with their releasing information that could be related to the investigation, and also could make LE's job more difficult. JMO.
Agreed.
My thoughts are, AWP might also be releasing something to show their side of things. We have seen how people have come for KR's friends and family, kids at the party and not to mention people have even accused AWP with messing with the windows, putting it in neutral, touching her remains etc and after watching LE's press conference, they did not seem like they were 100% backing AWP. They can't even confirm they let AWP come in and help. I am just hoping that nothing they release is damaging to the case. They were in Truckee for a few days after finding the car so hopefully they took the time to speak to her family and LE to confirm what they could and couldn't release. I would think all video they have had to be copied over to LE before they could even leave. They wear cameras the entire time.

Also what they could release would possibly explain why LE was unable to locate her in the water, because people were throwing jabs at LE for that as well. I guess I am just trying to stay on the what positives could this have side.

IMO LE's job would be even more difficult if AWP had not found the missing person.

"In the original video at 39:44 Doug makes the phone call to Kiely's Aunt and Grandmother to let them know first that AWP had found Kiely and her Honda CRV in Prosser Creek Reservoir. This section of the video has been removed in honor of a request by a family representative due to the sensitive nature and privacy the family wishes to have and maintain during these hard times. As in all of our past cases we prioritize the wishes of the family first and foremost. We are honored to serve Kiely's family to help bring closure during these hard times. Our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in the Rodni-Nieman family so that healing can begin and more answers be brought to light in the weeks and months ahead. "

IMO.

AWP is a superlative group which does God's work in bringing closure or at least answers to families.

Kiely's case attracted a lot of attention. AWP found her. That is undeniable. This case consequently raised their profile and allowed them to raise funds by instantly attracting more views and more subscribers.

I have no problem with that.

What I do find disturbing is the "Accident or Murder?" title and showing a teaser with basically "the coming attractions" up next.

IMO deciding if it's an accident or murder is beyond their jurisdiction. No doubt they have all the details, but I think those should go to the investigation by LE.

AWP is heroic. They did something I can't even look at. They deserve all praise and thanks. But I'm not a fan of the hype which is out of their lane.

As to the tow truck driver, I'm skeptical.

I've used AAA ever since I started driving. In those days it was awful if you had an accident, ran out of gas or whatever because you'd have to leave your car and walk until you found a pay phone. If you even could.

Now, though it's all through cellphones and every bit of info is logged. It makes no sense to me that the tow truck driver couldn't glance at his phone and have chapter and verse on when exactly the call was made to him and when he responded, as well as the outcome.

Also, if as stated he gave info to AWP about Boca which caused them to search there, then he was mistaken because that's not where she was.

Jmo

Last edited:

Nevada County Sheriff's Office

Earlier this week we had the opportunity to meet with Adventures With Purpose (AWP) to debrief lessons learned from the search for Kiely Rodni. Their expertise in handling dozens of cases like this throughout the Country was extremely helpful. We appreciate their humble approach to providing us with information and tools that will allow us to improve our capabilities. This was an extremely beneficial debrief and we are appreciative of the time that they invested in this case. Keep up the great work, AWP!

1662074215867.png

Unfortunately, it's too late now. That video and clips of it are all over the internet already. Along with their dead daughter's blurred out body. Her family must be so upset at social media right now. jmo
Exactly. They didn’t check with the family first. So much for sensitivity. This would have been easy to do. On her birthday they had to have a family representative reach out and ask them to modify their movie. I hate that for them. MOO.

Well there we go. To me, this is more proof of AWP’s integrity and shows me that if the family or LE aren’t comfortable with info in the video they’ll remove it. If my opinion changes once I’m able to watch the full video, I’ll be the first to admit I’m wrong.
Agreed. However, that proves to me that they did not consult or show the family first otherwise, they wouldn’t have had to reach out to them to take it down. IMO.

I do believe AWP are heroes and I think they are still learning as they go. JMO

Agreed. However, that proves to me that they did not consult or show the family first otherwise, they wouldn’t have had to reach out to them to take it down. IMO.

I do believe AWP are heroes and I think they are still learning as they go. JMO
I like this perspective — thank you. Helps me be less critical thinking “learning as they go along.”
Thx.

Now, though it's all through cellphones and every bit of info is logged. It makes no sense to me that the tow truck driver couldn't glance at his phone and have chapter and verse on when exactly the call was made to him and when he responded, as well as the outcome.

Also, if as stated he gave info to AWP about Boca which caused them to search there, then he was mistaken because that's not where she was.

Jmo
I snipped to reply to these two points you made.

My understanding is the tow truck driver did not realize Kiely was missing until some time had passed, and then put things together and reported it. So, he probably had a lot of incoming and outgoing calls, and if you think about it, how would he know which random phone number was associated? Law enforcement would be able to figure that out, but unless the guy went on the call and realized it was a possible sighting of a missing person that same day, maybe they would be able to scroll through their phone ? I think that's asking a lot from someone who probably has how many random numbers on a cellphone. He might even delete them periodically too. Why would he save them?

I believe there is more specific information in the full video, which might clear some things up about the timelines. Hopefully!

If he thought he saw someone who could have been Kiely, and he thought he saw her CRV, then no harm searching Boca. AWP found both Kiely and her vehicle quickly.

After making the mistake of searching Kiely’s name on Twitter, this is a Websleuths appreciation post for keeping cases like this sane & fact-based & victim-friendly. Thank you!
Yes! Fully agree! I made the same mistake on Twitter/Facebook and YT (something not done before) and was really taken aback by the blatant accusations, very unkind comments, conspiracy theories and people even asking ‘spiritualists’ for information from the ‘other side’…coming back to WS felt a real relief!!

Exactly. They didn’t check with the family first. So much for sensitivity. This would have been easy to do. On her birthday they had to have a family representative reach out and ask them to modify their movie. I hate that for them. MOO.
I wonder if they'd be willing to reach out to someone like Tim Miller that has lots of experience working with families and LE on high profile cases? Someone like Tim could be really helpful to inexperienced teams like AWP. jmo

I like this perspective — thank you. Helps me be less critical thinking “learning as they go along.”
Thx.

This seems so unlike their other content, I cannot help but think they have seen/learned something that has them so upset that they're having a very difficult time with it. I would rather think they're just screwing up, and they're not the good guys they seemed to be....

Yes! Fully agree! I made the same mistake on Twitter/Facebook and YT (something not done before) and was really taken aback by the blatant accusations, very unkind comments, conspiracy theories and people even asking ‘spiritualists’ for information from the ‘other side’…coming back to WS felt a real relief!!
It's tempting, but then you have to try and "unsee/unthink" it.

I found some very weird stuff on YouTube looking for basic news clips when she was missing. I cannot imagine what that must feel like if it was your loved one. The content was super bizarre, and I do not think I'm easily offended/upset. 30 seconds of it and just...no.

I'm glad AWP removed whatever they had up that was adding to trauma for her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member