Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A window was shattered; differing opinions as to passenger or driver side of the vehicle. Investigation would show whether from the inside or outside.
Along with the FBI and other agencies, NCSO is heading the investigation
CHP -California Highway Patrol is doing the accident reconstruction/investigation.

The window being shattered has a number of logical explanations and, in my opinion, the is no way to tell if it happened when the car was uprighted, or if LE broke out the driver's window to turn the steering wheel to straighten the tires, as you see someone doing as the vehicle emerges from the water.

Glass doesn't just go into or outside the car when a window is broken. I've never seen a car window not leave glass on both sides. And uprighting the car redistributed the glass, a second time, if it was broken before or upon entering the water.

What is CHIP?

California Highway Patrol.

Youngsters, there was a TV show focusing on two state troopers on motorcycles called CHiPs.

Some CHiPs ride horses, the little Laughings & I were able to talk to a trooper & pet the horse at the state capital in Sacramento!

jmho ymmv lrr

Last edited:
IF a door was opened after key was removed the power to roll a window down would stop. I do not know of any vehicle that a person could roll windows down after removing key and opening a door.

Not sure about that age of Honda but many newer vehicles are designed to be able to roll windows down underwater (at least for a short time) in case of an accident
I have a 2000. Honda and I can roll down my window and open the sunroof after removing the key until my door is opened then it immediately stops...if my kid opens the door while the windows rolling down it stops mid roll

I am surprised given how high profile this case is that LE has not given any updates especially after the AWP video and Doug from AWP doing YT/Podcast interviews + Q&A’s detailing what they found and how they think a lot more things will come out from the LE investigation soon - basically implying foul play…is it normal for LE to just leave it now until they are ready to report their findings?
I would guess LE hasn't done a presser because there is nothing to report. The autopsy is not complete waiting toxicology. The MAIT can take several weeks as well. They don't need anything from the public. It's not likely they'll do a presser just because of wild speculation on YouTube. IMO

I would guess LE hasn't done a presser because there is nothing to report. The autopsy is not complete waiting toxicology. The MAIT can take several weeks as well. They don't need anything from the public. It's not likely they'll do a presser just because of wild speculation on YouTube. IMO
True, but a lot of this was started by Adventures with Purpose, the group who found her, and who carry considerable authority….

Reactions: JRW
Honestly, I disagree with him using the incident for dramatic effect.
These guys do this free of charge and have found ( I think this is the correct number) 24 people that would probably still be missing today.
I know people are upset with them, but I personally believe in what they do and why they do it.

JMO
I also felt like the statement about calling the authorities seemed genuine...if it was a clip put in later where they are just providing dialog it could have been scripted but he literally just surfaced and I feel it was a genuine response..he seemed shaken by what he saw and I don't think it was a "hook" statement to draw people in

I have only watched one video of theirs that isn't related to Kiely, but the woman they found was in the back seat on the driver's side of her Kia. I can't recall the name of the lady off the top of my head, though.
I'm curious if the difference is being in the back seat vs the hatch... it may be common to see victims that have floated slightly into thw back but I'm wondering if she was secured in the hatch somehow...if she was secured back there than it would definitely be suspicious

I think that it’s extremely possible that the tow truck incident happens, but that the vehicle wasn’t Kiely’s, the blond girl wasn’t Kiely, and that nothing about the incident had anything to do with Kiely.

(Or, perhaps if it’s connected with Kiely, it happened the day before the party.)
I feel the tow truck driver incident shouldn't be dismissed yet but also isn't concrete...fro. looking at social media from the area there seems to be alot of young girls who resemble keily in thw area...long blonde hair etc...also I'm sure girls of a similar age probably dress slightly similar so it could or could not have been her...also it is all his interpretation. If the people he went to help that night were acting strangely it could have been a million reasons...a girl meeting with someone she shouldn't and being late to meet her parents....maybe she had a boyfriend and it wasn't who she was with...maybe her parents car and she thought she broke it....lots of reasons could cause someone to act nervous and "off" to the tow truck driver so it's all based on his interpretation it could have been something totally innocent as easily as something sinister

True, but a lot of this was started by Adventures with Purpose, the group who found her, and who carry considerable authority….
One would hope the average person understands most true crime YT channels exist for entertainment purposes and aren't actual authorities. Nor are they in contact with authorities most of the time. If LE wasted time doing pressers to debunk every bit of speculation these channels put out they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

I'm sure LE, the FBI and CHP are hard at work behind the scenes piecing all this together in a coherent, factual manner and when there is actual verified news they will tell us. IMO

One would hope the average person understands most true crime YT channels exist for entertainment purposes and aren't actual authorities. Nor are they in contact with authorities most of the time. If LE wasted time doing pressers to debunk every bit of speculation these channels put out they wouldn't have time to do anything else.

I'm sure LE, the FBI and CHP are hard at work behind the scenes piecing all this together in a coherent, factual manner and when there is actual verified news they will tell us. IMO
Yes, absolutely true.

Or maybe it's not complicated.

AWP has their own system. They draw a radius. Kiely's last ping was at Prosser, where you'd expect AWP to start. (In which case she'd have been located within a half hour of their mission.)

AWP was at a local store to pick up supplies. A fan, and there are plenty, likely saw their enormous rig and recognized the team. Approachable guys. I can imagine an easy conversation and N tells them his connection to the case, that he called a tip in. Investigated, overlooked, eliminated -- whichever, he struck AWP as credible, enough for them to switch their gears away from Prosser first to Boca first.

No conspiracy, no sensationalism, just how it came to be.

JMO

Last edited:

AWP has their own system. They draw a radius. Kiely's last ping was at Prosser, where you'd expect AWP to start. (In which case she'd have been located within a half hour of their mission.)

AWP was at a local store to pick up supplies. A fan, and there are plenty, likely saw their enormous rig and recognized the team. Approachable guys. I can invasive an easy conversation and N tells them his connection to the case, that he called a tip in. Investigated, overlooked, eliminated -- whichever, he struck AWP, enough for them to switch their gears away from Prosser first to Boca first.

JMO

This makes perfect sense to me.

I like the way you approach things.

There is one small question I have about Roadside Nick:

He is introduced as a "longtime fan" of AWP, which hey, he is in the same industry as Doug, perhaps Roadside Nick is into Scuba as well, I can see this, nothing "hinky" here for me.

I also don't believe Roadside Nick is a Truckee local. I think Doug said he lives in a neighboring state, but I may be confused, so please do not quote me here. So not seeing flyers for Kiely until a week or so into her being missing? OK, I can believe him there as well. Maybe he goes into Truckee area once a week?

Where I would like more clarification is here: Roadside Nick is a "longtime fan" of AWP. How did he miss the chatter asking AWP to go help with Kiely? Even if he lives (edit typo)in a neighboring state, he's young. I find it a little hard to believe no one in his social media circles was sharing anything about Kiely going missing? He *never* turned on the actual radio in his van? (possible I guess?). No one at work mentioned her missing? Maybe he is a rare young person who isn't online very much, and just keeps within a very tight circle of a few friends, and works a lot. That certainly could be the case.

I still think he comes across as a credible person, overall.

AWP was at a local store to pick up supplies. A fan, and there are plenty, likely saw their enormous rig and recognized the team. Approachable guys. I can invasive an easy conversation and N tells them his connection to the case, that he called a tip in. Investigated, overlooked, eliminated -- whichever, he struck AWP, enough for them to switch their gears away from Prosser first to Boca first.

JMO

This happens a lot in their videos. Similar format in many cases.

Someone has gone missing with their vehicle, never to be seen again.
Friends or family appear on camera to tell that the missing person used to go fishing in a certain location, or used to drive the backroads, or other details of interest. Information that is very relevant for AWP.
Later on, someone may inform them about another detail, for instance that a certain fence wasn't there when the person disappeared. Or fishermen noticed something.

IMO tow car Nick was no different from all the others who come with tips and info.

There is no script, they make their videos as they go along.

This happens a lot in their videos. Similar format in many cases.

Someone has gone missing with their vehicle, never to be seen again.
Friends or family appear on camera to tell that the missing person used to go fishing in a certain location, or used to drive the backroads, or other details of interest. Information that is very relevant for AWP.
Later on, someone may inform them about another detail, for instance that a certain fence wasn't there when the person disappeared. Or fishermen noticed something.

IMO tow car Nick was no different from all the others who come with tips and info.

There is no script, they make their videos as they go along.
Correct. They often follow a template storyline bringing in facts and rumors about the case as they begin their search. It makes for a more interesting video and causes no harm when it is a five year old case and everyone is pretty certain how it ends. Plus, their video usually isn't published until after the family is informed and LE has weighed in. This is different from their other cases because it is current and creating a storyline (if that is what they were doing) damages those implicated. I don't think we see something like this from Equisearch.

AWP was at a local store to pick up supplies. A fan, and there are plenty, likely saw their enormous rig and recognized the team. Approachable guys. I can imagine an easy conversation and N tells them his connection to the case, that he called a tip in. Investigated, overlooked, eliminated -- whichever, he struck AWP as credible, enough for them to switch their gears away from Prosser first to Boca first.

JMO
Excellent post.

People wonder why more people aren't stepping forward with info. Well, look how people are shredding S, J, and Tow guy. Who the heck wants to be the next target for this type of cyber vigilantism?! Even the parents haven't been immune to criticism. How very sad, and I truly think there should be a law enacted to protect families of crime against this type of cyber attack, and the pain it brings. Maybe "Kiely's law".

LE will know if there is a criminal act based on Kiely's lungs, and other factors including the possibility of a "Chappaquiddick" type of incident. Tow guy has a dash cam, so LE can review that footage to see if there is any credence to whether/when he ran in to Kiely, or if it was a strange coincidence and was someone else with a similar vehicle.

We don't yet know what led up to Kiely being found deceased in her vehicle, in the water. I'm sure we will learn more from LE very soon. I pray her family has people around them who can shield them from all the disturbing theories, while they attempt to adjust to the realization their beloved child will never be coming home.

As for AWP, I consider them nothing less than earth angels, in the same category with Othram and Texas Equasearch.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member