Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

I would have found it suspicious, too, but I have absolutely no experience with anything like that.

I believe Nick was relatively new to this type of thing so maybe he had no point of reference either? Or maybe he saw something else that aroused his suspicion? I'm sure he was debriefed by more experienced people but who knows, at this point, what they think?

JMHO
Thanks, yes, I guess at this point only time will tell….

Judging from the amount of people, trucks, vehicles when he car was towed out, there were already plenty of authorities there. They maybe been there to supervise.

I'm sure the diver was saying that to the videographer for dramatic effect.

MOO.
Thanks. I guess so….

I'm sure the investigation is looking into the tow company's records as to the exact date of "Nick's" interaction with Kiely. If indeed it turns out to be AFTER the party, that may explain why no one from the party came forward. Anyone at the party may indeed have seen nothing out of the ordinary and therefore had no statements to offer the authorities.

Judging from the amount of people, trucks and vehicles when her car was towed out, there were already plenty of authorities there. They must've been there to supervise, as AWP only do the finding of cars and towing out......LE need to be there to take over from them.

Remember, the owner runs of AWP an influencer/video company. They know what to say and how to edit for more drama. Their YouTube platform relies upon clicks and likes.

MOO.

Honestly, I disagree with him using the incident for dramatic effect.
These guys do this free of charge and have found ( I think this is the correct number) 24 people that would probably still be missing today.
I know people are upset with them, but I personally believe in what they do and why they do it.

JMO

If AWP didn’t make YT vids, they couldn’t do what they do for the families for free. Where would they get the money for the equipment, travel, etc.? I also think it’s important to document these cases in order to educate people about these underwater recoveries and spread awareness about water safety & possible clues to solve other cold cases.

From all the videos I’ve watched on AWP, I’ve yet to see a recovery where the body is in the backseat or cargo area. Don’t think that’s common at all. I think AWP Nick’s reaction was authentic. It was the first dead body he has dived on himself to identify. AWP isn’t perfect, they’ve made mistakes, but this time they should be applauded.

A car will turtle a lot faster than you think. IMO I don’t think it rolled on its side. I think it drove in straight than turtled frontwards.

Good find on the CR-V manual. So you can’t open the hatchback from inside without a screwdriver.

I think they should only video things for police evidence only. Not for public consumption.
I don't agree with them having a YouTube channel and posting slick, well edited videos.

They should just find the cars and bodies, hand them over to the police, and then just quietly go on to the next job.

No interviews, no media. Simply do the job without turning it into a circus. I think this side of AWP lets them down and makes me bittersweet about them.

MOO.

Maybe the video is like a photograph in time of what information they have
and documents what their status is.

I think they should only video things for police evidence only. Not for public consumption.
I don't agree with them having a YouTube channel and posting slick, well edited videos.

They should just find the cars and bodies, hand them over to the police, and then just quietly go on to the next job.

No interviews, no media. Simply do the job without turning it into a circus. I think this side of AWP lets them down and makes me bittersweet about them.

MOO.
BBM

I get what you are saying and agree to some extent.

The problem, IMO, is that the slick videos are what allow them to go onto the next job. Without them they would never have been in a position to do what they did or whatever they will do next.

I also agree that if they could develop some bifurcation between the evidentiary and the dramatic I would feel a little bit better about it. But I don't know how feasible that would be.

JMHO

If AWP didn’t make YT vids, they couldn’t do what they do for the families for free. Where would they get the money for the equipment, travel, etc.? I also think it’s important to document these cases in order to educate people about these underwater recoveries and spread awareness about water safety & possible clues to solve other cold cases.

From all the videos I’ve watched on AWP, I’ve yet to see a recovery where the body is in the backseat or cargo area. Don’t think that’s common at all. I think AWP Nick’s reaction was authentic. It was the first dead body he has dived on himself to identify. AWP isn’t perfect, they’ve made mistakes, but this time they should be applauded.

A car will turtle a lot faster than you think. IMO I don’t think it rolled on its side. I think it drove in straight than turtled frontwards.

Good find on the CR-V manual. So you can’t open the hatchback from inside without a screwdriver.
When AWP recovered Ethan Kazmerzak he was in the back of his vehicle.

I posted video of opening a 2013 cargo trunk manually in the last thread. In my Fit, I kept the cover off (because it stuck). The Fit was a bit easier than jamming a screwdriver into a tiny hole like this.

Never happening trying to escape.

IF her CRV hatch had already been open, or had release button up front by the driver's door, that she hit to open it and it shut somehow, maybe? But then why would you bypass 2 closer open windows?

Her body floating back into the cargo, and then coming to rest horizontally across the cargo area, which is what I have gathered from AWPs video and DIver Nick's recording/explanations as he moved around the vehicle underwater, just doesn't make any sense to me. Especially if she started from the driver's seat.

MOO.

First let me say this post is not directed at you. Please don't take it that way. It just happens to be the last post I read and wanted to comment in regard to numerous posts that I've seen that are upset with AWP's services.

AWP is a business ... they have stated so many times that what they do is free to *law enforcement and *families that they help .. but it cost money to preform the service that they do and the way they make that money is by uploading videos to youtube and having members that support their efforts and buy their merchandise. They have worked hard to build their following and that allows them to continue to use their expertise to help locate missing people.

If they wouldn't have come to help in this case, there is a very good chance that Kiely would still be missing and her family would still not have any idea if she was dead or alive .. if she was hurting or hungry .. if she was out there somewhere wondering if anyone was trying to find her. I'm sorry but if this was my daughter, I would be so grateful to the people that gave of their time and risked their own lives to find my baby that I don't think I would have a problem with a video that was done in good taste.

I am sad that a week ago AWP was being regarded as heroes and we (as in all of us on this thread) have been anxiously trying to get more info as we do in all cases that we follow .. and the second this video is released, we all run to watch it .. and now I see some are vilifying the very people that found Kiely.

This is America .. every single thing that we do has some kind of financial gain. From the courts, to the lawyers, to the newscasters, to the people who write the books, right down to us .. the people who follow and buy the books and eat up everything we can find on these cases for whatever reason we are here. Remember that we are the reason that these cases sometimes turn into a circus. We drive the information train so to speak. We always want more.

Sorry for the rant .. it truly is not directed to you or to any single person .. I'm just sad that these men (AWP) who done such a wonderful job in finding a beautiful girl are now being questioned about how they are releasing the info that we all so desperately wanted to see.

When AWP recovered Ethan Kazmerzak he was in the back of his vehicle.

In the backseat of a Volkswagen Jetta.

I would be curious to know if they have found anyone else, in the back of a cargo area, hatch, that was closed like this? With open windows?

It's weird. And we do not know what else they saw or may know.

Judging from the amount of people, trucks and vehicles when her car was towed out, there were already plenty of authorities there. They must've been there to supervise, as AWP only do the finding of cars and towing out - so LE, police, sheriff, FBI (depending on location and the type of case) need to be there to take over from AWP as soon as the car/body is removed.

Remember, the owner of AWP runs an influencer/video company. They know what to say and how to edit for more drama. Their YouTube platform relies upon clicks and likes.

MOO.

There were no LE there when AWP found the vehicle,they were called after the diver confirmed it was her car and there were human remains in it.
LE were called and it was them who did the extraction.

Imo the diver is genuine and gi est with his reactions as he surfaces,he has just found a dead young woman in her car and you can clearly tell how emotional he is.
He gave his opinion in the moment and I think it is really unfair to suggest he said what he said to sensationalise things for the camera or for effect for LE (who,again,were not in attendance at the time).
His assessment was just his opinion based on what he saw in front of him,it doesn't mean that he will turn out to be right but it also doesn't mean he was saying it for "slick" video.
As others have pointed out,if AWP didn't have a youtube channel and a following then Kiely would still be at the bottom of that reservoir and her family wouldn't have any answers at all.

Judging from the amount of people, trucks and vehicles when her car was towed out, there were already plenty of authorities there. They must've been there to supervise, as AWP only do the finding of cars and towing out - so LE, police, sheriff, FBI (depending on location and the type of case) need to be there to take over from AWP as soon as the car/body is removed.

Remember, the owner of AWP runs an influencer/video company. They know what to say and how to edit for more drama. Their YouTube platform relies upon clicks and likes.

MOO.
I don't believe the part I bolded and underlined is correct. To the best of my knowledge, they simply located and marked the spot with a buoy, then LE took over from there. Officials would be LE, not the dive time. MOO

According to video footage from KCRA, officials pulled a vehicle from the water and crews quickly covered it with what appeared to be a tarp or sheets.

A thought.....Wouldn't AWP have a lot to lose if the sincerely did not believe something other than Kiely making a couple of wrong turns and going into the water is quite possible?

Sure, they might get a lot of traffic from the release of the video, but then what? At what real cost?

Similar to Roadside Nick. If they did not believe his account to be credible, why include him? Why go further and state you have longer interviews with him that you may release?

It seems like a very real risk. Like they would get a rep as people LE should avoid rather than people who would be helpful.

I posted video of opening a 2013 cargo trunk manually in the last thread. In my Fit, I kept the cover off (because it stuck). The Fit was a bit easier than jamming a screwdriver into a tiny hole like this.

Never happening trying to escape.

IF her CRV hatch had already been open, or had release button up front by the driver's door, that she hit to open it and it shut somehow, maybe? But then why would you bypass 2 closer open windows?

Her body floating back into the cargo, and then coming to rest horizontally across the cargo area, which is what I have gathered from AWPs video and DIver Nick's recording/explanations as he moved around the vehicle underwater, just doesn't make any sense to me. Especially if she started from the driver's seat.
What if she just climbed back there to breathe after being too scared to climb out the window? I suppose maybe in the midst of being startled and panicking from being suddenly immersed in the water she could sense the water rushing in through the windows as the CR-V sank and turtled... and then when she got to the back she realized her trim level of CR-V had no hatch release from the inside. She could've run out of air shortly thereafter as the water quickly rushed in through the windows and froze up in a panic. The area she was found in isn't enclosed in any way from the rest of the interior, so I'm not sure how people seem to be unsure of how she could get back there.

A thought.....Wouldn't AWP have a lot to lose if the sincerely did not believe something other than Kiely making a couple of wrong turns and going into the water is quite possible?

Sure, they might get a lot of traffic from the release of the video, but then what? At what real cost?

Similar to Roadside Nick. If they did not believe his account to be credible, why include him? Why go further and state you have longer interviews with him that you may release?

It seems like a very real risk. Like they would get a rep as people LE should avoid rather than people who would be helpful.
BBM

Yeah, that is true if they thought it through that much. No reason to believe that they didn't which would make you believe that they actually believe something possibly criminal went on.

On the flip side - did they just want to jazz up the video for marketing purposes? Doesn't seem consistent with the reputation they have but who really knows?

Very strange situation which may have a simple explanation, I guess.

JMHO

I have a certain degree of concern that you are right, and that they might lose a lot.

Setting aside the videos AWP released about Kiely's recovery for a moment I have a general comment. This is a fairly new operation and IMO it'll take a while for them to see what kind of fundraising is most effective, what videos they create are appropriate, etc.

If you look at a long time organization like Texas EquuSearch you can see that they take donations, sponsors and legacies. I bet it took a while for them to understand the best way to operate and IMO eventually AWP will also figure out what works and what doesn't.

In the meantime I'm willing to cut them some slack. Doesn't mean I agree with everything they've done regarding Kiely's case but I sure as heck won't condemn them either. The service they provided in recovering her and her car probably means more to her family than anything we could possibly imagine. MOO.

BBM

I would have found it suspicious, too, but I have absolutely no experience with anything like that.

I believe Nick was relatively new to this type of thing so maybe he had no point of reference either? Or maybe he saw something else that aroused his suspicion? I'm sure he was debriefed by more experienced people but who knows, at this point, what they think?

JMHO
He also could have been very shook up when he saw her, because sadly her body would have been in very poor shape by this point. If you've ever seen photos of bodies that have been in the water for days/weeks, you know that it is quite a frightening thing. He may not have been prepared for that and it may have shook him up enough to make it seem suspicious in his eyes?

BBM

Yeah, that is true if they thought it through that much. No reason to believe that they didn't which would make you believe that they actually believe something possibly criminal went on.

On the flip side - did they just want to jazz up the video for marketing purposes? Doesn't seem consistent with the reputation they have but who really knows?

Very strange situation which may have a simple explanation, I guess.

JMHO

It doesn't seem consistent.

A bit of dramatic music, some tension, I could see. No one, well almost no one, would want to watch something completely devoid of any emotion or interest, right?

But they knew tons of people were going to watch anyway? There was/is so much interest in the case. And I would think, law enforcement all over the country paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase