Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet he knew it was Kiely, so he was able to ID her quickly. LE did not confirm straight away,but AWP was out saying they had found her.

Which makes me think she was recognizable.
I'm thinking they had a description of what she was wearing, and they knew what she looked like. So yeah, it was probably pretty easy for them. LE understandably doesn't take any chances with something like this and make super duper sure it's who they are about to say it is. They'd take a whole lot of heat if they said a body was someone after a cursory look, and then it wasn't who they said it was. There's i's to dot and t's to cross! :cool:

Could Kiely have scrambled into the hatchback as the car pitched forward, and water started to pour into the open window, in hopes of getting the hatchback window open before it was underwater and she couldn't open it, but she didn't make it in time? Just trying to explain if it were an accident. In my SUV, I can open JUST the window from an inside handle, and not the entire hatchback. I see above that you need a screwdriver to open the hatchback, but does the window open separately?

Do you think law enforcement watched the video?
Maybe in areas where they have a lot of water and a history of this kind of stuff.

We have a couple of rivers around here and some fishing lakes. There is only one case that I can remember when divers went into a river to find somebody. That was in 1980 and nothing was found and most leads indicated that he was buried elsewhere (Randy Sellers case).

So I doubt that LE in this kind of area are much interested in the technical aspects of this.

So do you think this whole thing might have been orchestrated just so that Nick could be part of an AWP investigation?

I don't believe Nick at all. My assumption is LEO would have easily vetted this out. I think AWP got sold. They bought a story (and maybe Nick believes it) but as time goes on, the less I believe Nick's account. I will say tow truck drivers encounter crazy stuff ever day (as Doug stated). I just think AWP is skilled in what they do and I appreciate them. However, they're not investigators. By their own admission, they're basically self taught. I truly think they've learned a ton from this case and I hope they did as it will aid them in the future. We all want to learn and get better.

IMO, AWP has a different standard of identification than LE does. LE must have physical testing to verify; AWP can make an assumption. For whatever reason, I think there's enough evidence AWP knew what they were talking about.

The tow truck driver info is easy enough to verify. The road assistance company is a business expecting to be paid for the service. The responder would need license # at the very least to verify. ~~THEREFORE~~ there are paper trails if he's telling the truth. IMO, if he's telling the truth about the road call, LE has told him to STFU. If it is true, could it be possible it wasn't Kiely the tow truck driver was talking to?

I don't believe Nick at all. My assumption is LEO would have easily vetted this out. I think AWP got sold. They bought a story (and maybe Nick believes it) but as time goes on, the less I believe Nick's account. I will say tow truck drivers encounter crazy stuff ever day (as Doug stated). I just think AWP is skilled in what they do and I appreciate them. However, they're not investigators. By their own admission, they're basically self taught. I truly think they've learned a ton from this case and I hope they did as it will aid them in the future. We all want to learn and get better.
AWP is terrific at doing what they do! Among the best!

Keep in mind that the founder and leader is Jared Leisek who is/was a Reality TV producer, cinematographer or whatever.

Not his first rodeo.

Not trying to disparage them in any way because I think they are doing remarkable work but this may explain the alleged tendency of veering off into the dramatic.

JMHO

Yet he knew it was Kiely, so he was able to ID her quickly. LE did not confirm straight away,but AWP was out saying they had found her.

Which makes me think she was recognizable.
Well, her clothing and hair may have been recognizable but please trust me when i say she was not. There were no other people reporting missing in this situation and this was definitely her vehicle - it was just common sense that it would be her.

Last edited:
The tow truck driver info is easy enough to verify. The road assistance company is a business expecting to be paid for the service. The responder would need license # at the very least to verify. ~~THEREFORE~~ there are paper trails if he's telling the truth. IMO, if he's telling the truth about the road call, LE has told him to STFU. If it is true, could it be possible it wasn't Kiely the tow truck driver was talking to?

I think that it’s extremely possible that the tow truck incident happens, but that the vehicle wasn’t Kiely’s, the blond girl wasn’t Kiely, and that nothing about the incident had anything to do with Kiely.

(Or, perhaps if it’s connected with Kiely, it happened the day before the party.)

I think that it’s extremely possible that the tow truck incident happens, but that the vehicle wasn’t Kiely’s, the blond girl wasn’t Kiely, and that nothing about the incident had anything to do with Kiely.

(Or, perhaps if it’s connected with Kiely, it happened the day before the party.)
Yeah.

That whole thing was odd and not sure why the video led off with it.

Taking up that much time and guy can't positively identify anything and the result is they go to the wrong body of water?

Makes no sense to me but maybe there is a reasonable explanation, I guess.

JMHO

Could Kiely have scrambled into the hatchback as the car pitched forward, and water started to pour into the open window, in hopes of getting the hatchback window open before it was underwater and she couldn't open it, but she didn't make it in time? Just trying to explain if it were an accident. In my SUV, I can open JUST the window from an inside handle, and not the entire hatchback. I see above that you need a screwdriver to open the hatchback, but does the window open separately?

IF this was an accident, her being found in the back is still possible imo. AWP has stated that when vehicles sink the engine weight will cause the front to sink first. Even though some of the windows were down/partially down, the force of the water coming into the vehicle may have been too strong for her to fight. She may have just followed the remaining air as the vehicle filled with water to the back. I think she is small enough to easily fit b/w the roof and the two headrest to get to the back. However, because some of the windows were apparently open time would have been very limited to unbuckle, get oriented in absolute darkness and get to the back. Hence all of the speculation.

Tayaway POST# 889(?) THREAD# 7
Does LE's silence on the encounter imply that it is connected to her death? MOO: I feel that with all the SM pressure (tweeters and such tweeting out to Nevada LE for confirmation/dismissal), they'd have already stated that it didn't involve KR or people connected to her. I think the public simply wants confirmation/debunking of Nick's account, they don't need to see the footage.

BBM
I agree only authorities need to see the footage and not the public obviously for many reasons. No one wants to look foolish so I think its genuine this footage is as he says. I'm glad that LE is not acknowledging or denying Nick's statement. As I said in the original post if only LE was aware of the footage they wouldn't release the info that it existed. In fact IMO LE would tell anyone (AWP team) who had knowledge of the footage to keep it to themselves and not tell anyone (the public) but the fact that LE let AWP tell the public leads me to assume LE may have wanted it out there for people to know and discuss. AWP is probably bound by obligations to LE because this case is still under investigation so if LE thought it was fine there may be a reason to it.

Part of me wonders if they saw a perfume bottle in the car that led them to believe the roadside assistant after locating her. It really makes you wonder what else he divulged in the interview and if saying something as trivial as "there were Trulys in the car" could have influenced them to believe him.

Tow truck driver would have needed identifying info (license #) to verify it was it correct vehicle to respond to. He wanted to be paid; the company is sub contract and wanted to be paid. They would submit verifying data in invoice.

Part of me wonders if they saw a perfume bottle in the car that led them to believe the roadside assistant after locating her. It really makes you wonder what else he divulged in the interview and if saying something as trivial as "there were Trulys in the car" could have influenced them to believe him.
Why would the tow truck driver be in the console of the vehicle to see the perfume bottle? OR if it was in the exposed part of the console, could the perfume be to mask the body odor? Not saying I believe one way or the other, but SO MANY QUESTIONS.

Last edited:
Tow truck driver would have needed identifying info (license #) to verify it was it correct vehicle to respond to. He wanted to be paid; the company is sub contract and wanted to be paid. They would submit verifying data in invoice.

Right. But right now we don’t have any way to know if it’s been identified as her vehicle, shown to not be her vehicle, or still up in the air.

AWP does amazing work to find cars and the people in them. However....I don’t trust them to not oversensationalize their videos. After all, ‘they need the money,’ as people on this thread have already said.

Why would the tow truck driver be in the console of the vehicle to see the perfume bottle?
8477_st0640_066.jpg

This is what it would have looked like, he wouldn't have had to be inside anything if the center was rolled back or the perfume was in the cup holders. I used to drive a Mercedes with a slide back console like this-always kept it open because it was annoying to open and close with everything inside.

I think the original poster meant it helped corroborate or debunk. But was meaning it helps corroborate what was found in the car with what the Roadside Assistant was saying.
Correct, the RA said he saw that and remembered seeing that. If AWP happened to spot that item floating in the car later on or had it fall out when flipping the car it could have been evidence for them to the RAs credibility.

The passenger window was broken out. Pieces were still in the frame when it was pulled from the lake. Was it broken from the inside or outside? That considerably matters, IMO. I'm not convinced there was anything but an accident involved. Were the doors locked? Keys in the ignition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member