Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AWP does their job, records it and publicizes it afterwards.

I don't see any sensationalism here.

All is transparent, the public see all steps leading to either a success or failure.

I treat their videos as documentaries recording their efforts and hard work.

Work that should be appreciated.

And let's not forget about educational dimension.

MOO

Last edited:
AWP would never move, recover, or disturb human remains.

Unless they are asked to, which they have been in some of their other cases. I have seen a couple where they have had to remove skeletonised remains piece by piece and hand over to LE/coroners waiting on the bank.

Clearly that is never going to happen in a fresh case like this under LE investigation.

AWP found the vehicle and then surfaced to notify LE. LE does the recovery of the vehicle and its contents. Those are LE divers you see when the car emerges from the lake. AWP would never move, recover, or disturb human remains.

Right, so plenty of authorities already there supervising. So no need to call them as the diver says in the video. They are all already there.

Right, so plenty of authorities already there supervising. So no need to call them as the diver says in the video. They are all already there.

After they find the car and remains, the family were contacted first. The video shows the poor father on scene (was only a couple of minutes away). Then LE are called and they, and associated agencies, descend to take over. They were not there when the car was found. There is a significant time elapsed between location and recovery. If you haven’t watched the AWP video, it will answer a lot of questions.

No, that's not how it went down. LE did not pull the vehicle to shore until about 6 hours after AWP discovered the wreckage in Prosser Reservoir. Authorities were not in the water supervising or hoovering over AWP.

When the diver sees the vehicle/body, LE is not on the scene.
You can clearly see how few people are there in the AWP video. They even said, turn off your phones, no one say anything, upon seeing the car on sonar, "don't alarm the family or law enforcement".
Locating the vehicle is not recovering it. LE was not supervising AWP as the car was pulled out, as you said in your post.

The authorities were not there during the search. Neither was the family, but some of them arrived within minutes of the discovery. AWP can and most often does work unsupervised. LE's on-site investigation had been scaled back and they already searched Prosser Lake with their own divers. There was no telling how long the AWP search would take. Only if something was found the authorities would be notified.

Speaking of the car hatches, etc...

Early days, SS described K's car as having a sun roof, too
but didn't mention if it was opened that evening.

All American dream chaser
https: //www.youtube.com /watch?v=XBWodApjikE

This is an excellent observation.

I would lean towards it having been open during the party, at least, since Sami commented on it.

It seems their friendship was more recent--i.e. they knew one another prior, but hung out a at at the party--rather than the sort of friendship she had with her friend Mags, for example. So knowledge of the sun (moon?) roof= it was open at the party.

It looks as though it will open up to 10 minutes after the ignition is switched off, manually:

Screen Shot 2022-09-04 at 6.58.23 AM.png

I thought they called the family first and then LE? AWP wanted to play the phone call to the family on their show, apparently. Thankfully they didn't allow it.

Yes, the AWP dive team was on site. No LE were around, only the odd camper/fisher/hiker who weren't aware of what AWP was doing. AWP ballooned the spot and called family and LE. The call(s?) to fam were initially included in the youtube vid, but fam asked them to remove it and so they did.

Yes, the AWP dive team was on site. No LE were around, only the odd camper/fisher/hiker who weren't aware of what AWP was doing. AWP ballooned the spot and called family and LE. The call(s?) to fam were initially included in the youtube vid, but fam asked them to remove it and so they did.
Thank you. I didn't think LE would want to be there because it might look like AWP was working with them as part of the investigation. It was only after LE announced they had finished searching Prosser that AWP conducted their search. So it makes sense they wouldn't be there until they got the call that a vehicle and body were found.

It was probably the only valid "tip" they had after more than a thousand. They must have been so relieved when they got that call.

Could Kiely have scrambled into the hatchback as the car pitched forward, and water started to pour into the open window, in hopes of getting the hatchback window open before it was underwater and she couldn't open it, but she didn't make it in time? Just trying to explain if it were an accident. In my SUV, I can open JUST the window from an inside handle, and not the entire hatchback. I see above that you need a screwdriver to open the hatchback, but does the window open separately?

Your question may have been answered already?

No, the window in the hatch of this vehicle doesn't open separately.

And it shows that AWP respects families' wishes.
They don't publicize material if somebody is against it.
So, if Kiely's Dad was shown in the video, it seems he agreed to it.

I guess AWP has legal advice and sticks to it.

MOO

A thought.....Wouldn't AWP have a lot to lose if the sincerely did not believe something other than Kiely making a couple of wrong turns and going into the water is quite possible?
So what you mean is, if they’re just “faking” suspicion to get more views and interest, but really know it was simply an accident, that would be an enormous risk to their reputation? I agree.

Your question may have been answered already?

No, the window in the hatch of this vehicle doesn't open separately.

I think a much older CRV/other Honda SUV's the window glass opens separately from the trunk part. That might be where they're getting the idea?

I'm not sure if Kiely's CRV had this, but browsing around looking at CRV cargo videos last night, I learned some newer models have "smart/power trunks", wit buttons outside the trunk that allow you to lock the vehicle.

I found that potentially interesting. You could just reach under where the latch is, hit a button and lock the CRV. Of course, you would need to be very familiar with the car, and I do not know if hers had this feature.

So what you mean is, if they’re just “faking” suspicion to get more views and interest, but really know it was simply an accident, that would be an enormous risk to their reputation? I agree.
Exactly.

I see no reason for them to do this.

They have plenty of other cases in the mix, so to speak.

They stopped what they were doing, and went to help find Kiely. They did not "need" to find Kiely. (Hopefully that does not sound awful. I mean it in the most plain of terms, in context to what we are discussing.)

Another thought: When they were on the water, Doug from AWP mentioned he has a daughter the same age as Kiely. I would think that factors in as well here. How could he not be thinking about his own daughter? I know I would.

Maybe that has impacted some of their judgment, and made them more emotional vs rational? That could be? If they really strongly feel like there could be more to this than a night of bad decisions and driver error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member