Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If roadside guy’s story is correct, and physical evidence can survive for two weeks underwater, I guess it would not be surprising to find his and Kielys DNA / fingerprints on the light switch, gear shifter, and seat belt & buckle since he specifically mentions those things.

Megnut,

I think that is very well thought out, and entirely possible.

My questions:

Why not open her driver's window? Maybe we will learn it was not functioning?

I noticed while watching the AWP video, the CRV registration was for July. Kiely's birthday is in September. So I'm assuming one of her parents likely owned the vehicle, and thus maintained it? Previously, I thought perhaps it could have had some quirks, been in less than great condition since a kid owned it, but then I noticed that detail, and now I have questions. I'm assuming in California you register your vehicle in your birth month and it would expire same, but maybe that is not the case as it is elsewhere?

Here is a YouTube video of it. The sunroof came as an option on that model, but hers apparently didn't have one. When I bought a 2015 Honda SUV it took a bunch of searching for me to find one with a sunroof, and I needed to have it shipped to me from several states away.

There maybe a sunroof (metal panel style) visible at about the 9:10 mark, not sure. Sunroofs are fairly common here in CA.

Right, so plenty of authorities already there supervising. So no need to call them as the diver says in the video. They are all already there.

They weren't already there. They arrived later after the car and remains were comfirmed. A sheriff 's representative can be seen in the video approaching and asking to be updated on everything they have discovered.
LE were not present at all during the search of the lake. They arrived after Kiely's father and grandfather.

You can look on various websites like Vincheckup at the available options that come with hers. There's no moonroof, or just like a sunroof you'd see it. My neighbor who parks across from me has the same style CR-V minus the roof rack. It is not hard to see from the video she didn't have either moon or sunroof. Edit to add hers was a LX, I attached the details.
this is higly informative but i'm confused because here it mentions about sunroof but when i looked up online it said LX does not come with sunroofs.

1662305105838.png

this is higly informative but i'm confused because here it mentions about sunroof but when i looked up online it said LX does not come with sunroofs.

View attachment 364043
Vehicle owners manuals (at least the ones I've seen) are written for all trim levels. For the Pilot I owned the manual said all sorts of info for things that were available on other trim levels, like the Touring model, even though I owned an SE. So I'd see it mention features I didn't have on my SUV. The manufacturer doesn't have a separate manual for each level of trim, or the variants for the different features within the trim levels (like ones with sunroof compared to the ones with moonroof, or without either). Edit to add, so my guess would be the listing here is similar. It may have a system listed that isn't present even though it could be if the model had that feature.

More thoughts:

We know SS was very inebriated, by her own admission.

We now know she said Kiely's vehicle had a sunroof, which it did not have.

She also was pretty vocal in how they were *always* together, *always* sharing drinks, drinking from the same cup(?), etc. but now we can see cans and stuff for smoking weed in Kiely's vehicle. Maybe one of the other friends had the Truly seltzer in the car, or maybe they were using it for some kind of mixed drinks (I've never had Truly), but I'm a little interested in the Truly can which I think was probably full, since it was still inside the vehicle, near open window. An empty aluminum can is virtually weightless, but...?

I'm not casting any blame on SS, what I am wondering is how accurate is her account of events? Her timeline? We don't really know when she left the party, and it sounds like she was pretty out of it. I feel as though she may have wanted to be helpful, but who really knows what went on at the party?

I feel as though the last reliable witness who saw Kiely was probably Elsa, at midnight, but JMO.

I also wonder if some of the kids my have called parents to come and pick them up, and this may have been the real reason people are tight lipped? Since it has been acknowledged the party out at Prosser was a longstanding local tradition, something that had gone on for generations, it wouldn't surprise me.

Something that was a red flag to me about the tow truck driver was, "Nick, a long time supporter, fan of ours"

So, this tow truck driver was so concerned, he didn't try to follow up with LEO, his company but managed to be in the parking lot of Best Buy with the company he's long supported. OK

One factor that comes into play for me as I consider the credibility of Nick, the Tow Truck Driver, is that Doug (the AWP leader and spokesperson on most occasions that I have seen) share a similar past regarding their careers. Doug has a similar background to Nick, he was a tow truck driver prior to joining AWP. So I think that Doug would know what questions to ask Nick and figure out how credible Nick's responses were. Of course it is still a judgment call, but Doug knows the business that Nick is in, and that also weighs in here, IMO.

Last edited:
IDK there was nothing in the video that made me think that they bought Nick’s story. I think it’s great that they enticed him to be on camera so at least it is Nick’s story and not theirs. MOO

They literally searched Boca first because of Nick's story. Jared spoke about it on another video as well and how they always use the last known location and they found Nick to be credible so they searched Boca first instead of where the phone last pinged. So, I'd say they bought Nick's story

I've owned several SUV's over the years from Ford to Volvo. The best I've been able to do from inside the vehicle is to pop the tailgate window open. Once the window is unlocked/open, one can engage the door latch located on the exterior. But I've never owned a Honda CRV.

Not sure if this has been answered or addressed yet, but the rear window on a Honda CRV doesn't open, you have to open the door itself. At least that's how my 2016 Honda CRV works.

It’s already confirmed Kiely’s CR-V is a LX. 2013 CR-V LX trim does not have a moonroof, only EX.

The glass on the back hatch does not open. The older CR-Vs were based off the Isuzu Rodeo and completely different cars. 1st gen CR-V came with a manual option and the rear glass opened. The rear glass on my 2013 Pilot’s hatch opens, but not on CR-Vs.

After more researching last night, I’m beginning to think LE is not rushing, because they already have a suspect arrested.

They weren't already there. They arrived later after the car and remains were comfirmed. A sheriff 's representative can be seen in the video approaching and asking to be updated on everything they have discovered.
LE were not present at all during the search of the lake. They arrived after Kiely's father and grandfather.

They were there when the car was pulled out. So who did all those cars and trucks belong to? There were a lot of vehicles there. CHP were definitely there, you can see one of them in the photo, with CHP in big yellow letters on the back of his shirt. (2nd photo)
The Sheriff's office was also there, she's the woman on the left with the tan T shirt with Sheriff on the back. (2nd photo)

Did the authorities really allow AWP to pull out the car with no LE supervision present?

Attachments

• download (3).jpeg
    download (3).jpeg
    4.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20220904-170727~2.png
    Screenshot_20220904-170727~2.png
    737.2 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
It’s already confirmed Kiely’s CR-V is a LX. 2013 CR-V LX trim does not have a moonroof, only EX.

The glass on the back hatch does not open. The older CR-Vs were based off the Isuzu Rodeo and completely different cars. 1st gen CR-V came with a manual option and the rear glass opened. The rear glass on my 2013 Pilot’s hatch opens, but not on CR-Vs.

After more researching last night, I’m beginning to think LE is not rushing, because they already have a suspect arrested.
Arrested?!?

Or you mean in mind?

I could see them having suspect(s) in sights. That would definitely fit with AWP going out saying they have more videos which they will release under certain circumstances.

So who did all those cars and trucks belong to? There were a lot of vehicles there, and I find it hard to believe LE weren't there when the car was pulled out.
CHP were definitely there, you can see one of them in the photo, with CHP in big yellow letters on the back of his shirt.

LE was responsible for flipping and pulling the car out of the water. They were not there when AWP discovered the location of the car. There were 2 stages, 1) AWP searched local waterways and found the car 2) some hours later, LE/family/gawkers came and LE pulled and towed the car/KR.

Arrested?!?

Or you mean in mind?

I could see them having suspect(s) in sights. That would definitely fit with AWP going out saying they have more videos which they will release under certain circumstances.

<modsnip - discussing a person not named by LE as a POI in this case>

Last edited by a moderator:
They were there when the car was pulled out. So who did all those cars and trucks belong to? There were a lot of vehicles there. CHP were definitely there, you can see one of them in the photo, with CHP in big yellow letters on the back of his shirt. (2nd photo)
The Sheriff's office was also there, she's the woman on the left with the tan T shirt with Sheriff on the back. (2nd photo)

Did the authorities really allow AWP to pull out the car with no LE supervision present?
as the post you quoted says, “They arrived later after the car and remains were comfirmed.” Yes, LE was there when the car was pulled out but they were not there during AWP search when the car was actually found.

LE was responsible for flipping and pulling the car out of the water. They were not there when AWP discovered the location of the car. There were 2 stages, 1) AWP searched local waterways and found the car 2) some hours later, LE/family/gawkers came and LE pulled and towed the car/KR.

Fair enough, although I do find it hard to believe LE didn't secure the roads leading down to the lake while AWP did their search!

And also surprised that nobody from the sheriff's office, the FBI or any LE authority was there to supervise. Not even a National Parks representative. No-one.

MOO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members