Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni missing from Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They literally searched Boca first because of Nick's story. Jared spoke about it on another video as well and how they always use the last known location and they found Nick to be credible so they searched Boca first instead of where the phone last pinged. So, I'd say they bought Nick's story

I'm not sure it really matters that they searched Boca first.

Boca was one location among several that were going to be searched that day. They had to start somewhere, so starting with the one with the "tip" associated with it could have just been the deciding factor to start there.

According to the video, Prosser was always going to be the last location to search (due to all the searches that had already been done by LE), so searching Boca did not affect that. It's not like they were going to search Prosser first, but the tip made them change their plans. Boca was always going to be searched before Prosser was searched.

I keep seeing that one picture of the kids at the party, they are all standing among the trees . MOO, that this is all whom were there, and not 2-300. There is NO WAY 200-300 teenagers went to a party, and that is the ONLY picture that has been leaked/presented, and only ~4 people from the party have spoken publicly, or offered any detail after this amount of time. Not even any posts leaked showing the announcement of the party. Unless I am missing something, this has been kept VERY quiet, and in MHOO that is NOT the "norm" for this generation with their available devices and social media. HOW do you keep 2-300 people who were there quiet when this is so public and viral? MOO

Fair enough, although I do find it hard to believe LE didn't secure the roads leading down to the lake while AWP did their search!

And also surprised that nobody from the sheriff's office, the FBI or any LE authority was there to supervise. Even a National Parks representative. No-one.

MOO.

That's not how it works. AWP go out searching on their own. Once they make a find, they contact LE, not before. If you watch the AWP vid, they explain why LE are not contacted until after they make a positive find.

I'm obviously out of the loop here, trying to remain in TOS. I'm concerned I will see something elsewhere, forget and quote it in a post here.

That all seems very heavy, related or not, for an area that size. :(

Even having a moonroof/sunroof (soonroof?) is not necessarily a guaranteed automobile escape method. Recall how difficult it was to escape from the lower decks in the MV Conception via the escape hatch, as demonstrated on a sister dive boat by Jennifer Homendy of the NTSB. While Kiely, lean and physically fit, could probably have fit through a moonroof and popped right out of it (BTW I'm sure she was a very good, if not excellent, swimmer), someone of heavier build might have had difficulty getting through. MOO

Fair enough, although I do find it hard to believe LE didn't secure the roads leading down to the lake while AWP did their search!

And also surprised that nobody from the sheriff's office, the FBI or any LE authority was there to supervise. Not even a National Parks representative. No-one.

MOO.
LE likely didn't expect her to be found in the lake that they had already cleared themselves. If you watched AWP's previous cases, authorities are rarely present for the search part.

That's not how it works. AWP go out searching on their own. Once they make a find, they contact LE, not before. If you watch the AWP vid, they explain why LE are not contacted until after they make a positive find.
Yes, I do understand!

My post only indicated I was surprised by LE authorities not being present.

I wasn't arguing whether it was right or wrong, it was just my thoughts on it only!

They were there when the car was pulled out. So who did all those cars and trucks belong to? There were a lot of vehicles there. CHP were definitely there, you can see one of them in the photo, with CHP in big yellow letters on the back of his shirt. (2nd photo)
The Sheriff's office was also there, she's the woman on the left with the tan T shirt with Sheriff on the back. (2nd photo)

Did the authorities really allow AWP to pull out the car with no LE supervision present?

AWP did not extract the car. They found the car,they notified who they notifed and then they stepped back to watch as LE extracted the car. So NO the authorities didn't allow them to pull out the car unsupervised. They didn't touch the car after their initial assessment and that was gloved and minimal.

Megnut,

I think that is very well thought out, and entirely possible.

My questions:

Why not open her driver's window? Maybe we will learn it was not functioning?

I noticed while watching the AWP video, the CRV registration was for July. Kiely's birthday is in September. So I'm assuming one of her parents likely owned the vehicle, and thus maintained it? Previously, I thought perhaps it could have had some quirks, been in less than great condition since a kid owned it, but then I noticed that detail, and now I have questions. I'm assuming in California you register your vehicle in your birth month and it would expire same, but maybe that is not the case as it is elsewhere?

I have a 2004 accord, and it has the same safety feature with the power windows that Kiely's had. Obvs my car is a lot older, but when I turn my car off there is a grace period after that where my windows still work even with the keys out of the ignition. The duration of that grace period, seems to vary from time to time which I personally haven't been able to figure out why. The switches are known to go out as well as the regulator, so it is very possible that hers may have been malfunctioning like my own seemingly do, it's a common problem with Hondas, Mercedes, and BMWs. I know there are more of you in here that are very knowledgeable about cars, maybe you guys can shed some light on this. Is it a potential battery issue, or switch issue that could have caused the windows to not go down?

I have a question.

We know Kiely's CRV was flipped on it's roof when AWP found it.

We can see in the helicopter video linked a few pages back or the retrieval, the direction it was when LE removed it from the water.

At any time, in the AWP video, or the available videos of the discover/removal, do we see the orientation of her vehicle to the land prior to it being flipped and removed?

Edited to add: in case this is not clear, what I am asking is, which part of her vehicle was pointed towards land? The rear hatch? The front hood? one of the sides?

I don't think Kiely's CR-V had a sunroof, despite what Sami said.
While trying to see if I could figure out if it had a sunroof or not, I realized her antenna was not broken off from hitting the bottom. I would have thought it would have been. Could that mean a soft landing? If so, then likely any broken windows weren't broken when it landed on the bottom. I'd think it would either be before, or when LE recovered her car.

Snippit from AWP's video ~42:45:
1662310733120.png

As for the sunroof, the backend placement of one would be right where the front roof crossbar is and I'm not seeing one, although I could be wrong. You'd THINK Sami would know so seems odd if she was saying there was one when it appears there isn't one.

1662310959058.png
Showing placement of where one would be on Kiely's car (source: Honda online store : 2013 CR-V CROSSBARS):
1662311098527.png

Different angle of the front of the car from an ABC news vid. Maybe one of you can detect if there is or isn't a sunroof:

its given "CR-V LX" so there was no sunroof in Kiely's car.
You're probably right since I was unable to see one in pics, but not necessarily. I bought an entry-level model Subaru that I put leather seats in. Leather most certainly do NOT come in entry level Subaru's! lol And you can always add a sunroof to a car afterwards. Doubt it was done but it could have been.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is relevant but can someone tell the song in this video?
i would like to listen to it whenever it think of her.
If you mean the first song it's Mama's Opry. If you mean the second song, I'll let you Google for some of the words (which is how I found the 1st song for you). :)

Mama’s Opry - Song by Sunny Sweeney​

She grew up plain and simple in a farming town.
Her daddy played the fiddle
And used to do the calling when they had hoedowns.
She said the neighbors would come
And they'd move all my grandma's furniture 'round.
And there'd be twenty or more there on the old wooden floor,
Dancin' to a country sound.

The carters and Jimmy Rodgers played her favorite songs.
And on Saturday nights there was a radio show and she'd sing along.
I'll never forget her face when she revealed to me,
That she'd dreamed about singing at the grand ol' opry.

Her eyes, oh, how they sparkled
When she sang those songs.
She was hanging the clothes on the line,
I was a kid just a hummin' along.
Well, I'd be playing in the grass, to her,
What might've seemed, obliviously.
There ain't no doubt about it,
She sure made her mark on me.

She played old gospel records on the phonograph.
She turned them up loud and we'd sing along,
How those days have passed.
Just now that I am older it occurs to me,
That I was singing in the grandest opry.

And we sang sweet rose of Sharon, abide with me,
'til I ride the gospel ship to heaven's jubilee.
And in that great triumphant morning my soul will be free,
And my burdens will be lifted when my savior's face I see.

So I don't want to get adjusted to this world below,
But I know he'll pilot me 'til it comes time to go.
Oh, nothing on this earth is half as dear to me,
As the sound of my mama's opry

Oh, nothing on this earth is half as dear to me,
As the sound of my mama's opry

Last edited:
If you mean the first song it's Mama's Opry. If you mean the second song, I'll let you Google for some of the words (which is how I found the 1st song for you).

Mama’s Opry - Song by Sunny Sweeney​

SBMFF

I hadn't paid any attention to the lyrics before this but the chorus made me sad.

<modsnip - no link from an approved source to statement made as fact>

I really wish I could time it right to actually ask them a question. In my opinion, they’re implying the car was Identified but not her. But they’re not willing to publicly ID a minor so they’re waiting until someone else steps forward or LE releases more information.

I’d also like to know if this interviewed was preplanned. They did it in a Best Buy parking lot, where nick happened to be. So either he’s a crazy fan boy that followed them around or they spoke on the phone first to arrange the interview. If it’s the former, this entire report is most likely BS.

<modsnip - comments that don't concern THIS case>

Also it will be interesting if anyone is oddly absent from the funeral this week…

Last edited by a moderator:
While trying to see if I could figure out if it had a sunroof or not, I realized her antenna was not broken off from hitting the bottom. I would have thought it would have been. Could that mean a soft landing? If so, then likely any broken windows weren't broken when it landed on the bottom. I'd think it would either be before, or when LE recovered her car.

Snippit from AWP's video ~42:45:
View attachment 364063

As for the sunroof, the backend placement of one would be right where the front roof crossbar is and I'm not seeing one, although I could be wrong. You'd THINK Sami would know so seems odd if she was saying there was one when it appears there isn't one.

View attachment 364065
Showing placement of where one would be on Kiely's car (source: Honda online store : 2013 CR-V CROSSBARS):
View attachment 364067

Different angle of the front of the car from an ABC news vid. Maybe one of you can detect if there is or isn't a sunroof:

Loos like there is, in the front top.

I have a 2004 accord, and it has the same safety feature with the power windows that Kiely's had. Obvs my car is a lot older, but when I turn my car off there is a grace period after that where my windows still work even with the keys out of the ignition. The duration of that grace period, seems to vary from time to time which I personally haven't been able to figure out why. The switches are known to go out as well as the regulator, so it is very possible that hers may have been malfunctioning like my own seemingly do, it's a common problem with Hondas, Mercedes, and BMWs. I know there are more of you in here that are very knowledgeable about cars, maybe you guys can shed some light on this. Is it a potential battery issue, or switch issue that could have caused the windows to not go down?
BBM

There is usually a connector under the driver side door panel that provides power to all the windows (that's why the driver can operate all 4 windows).

If a window fails to go down I think it is probably due to either an individual motor failure or a bad connection between that connector and a window motor.

On newer cars windows usually work for a short period of time after the engine is off. Supposedly they will also work if the vehicle is underwater on some models.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member