KY- I-75 Active Shooter Targeting Vehicles

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm a bit confused as to why he bought an AR-15 when he already had one, ie, when he threatened his neighbor.
Is it possible he gave the other AR-15 to another person when he was in trouble prior? He might have worried his firearm would be confiscated. And when he could not get his gun back when he needed it, he purchased one quicker.

Sorry if this has been discussed, I am trying to catch up with the threads.

Last edited:
IMO, that Governor's press conference was a PR stunt.

The KSP stated that they wouldn't bring about another press conference unless they had new updates, and one of the first things the KSP Commissioner said when he stepped up to the podium was "What I can tell you is that we have no significant updates at this time."

I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't people saying he was headed to Tennessee in the beginning of this? I can't remember if it was just a possible theory, like he had family there, or if there were possible sightings of him there, or even if I heard it on here or a Tiktok live. But I feel like Memphis, TN was mentioned before on that first full day he was missing.

He began by offering an update on the five victims of the shooting.

“The newest information I’ve received is that four of the five victims have been released from the hospital,” Beshear said. “The fifth is expected to survive.”

Full article at link...

Updated: 8 hours ago

I may be remembering incorrectly, but weren't people saying he was headed to Tennessee in the beginning of this? I can't remember if it was just a possible theory, like he had family there, or if there were possible sightings of him there, or even if I heard it on here or a Tiktok live. But I feel like Memphis, TN was mentioned before on that first full day he was missing.
Tennessee is a wide State, as is Kentucky. He was on the far eastern side of Kentucky and about an hour from Tennessee but several hours from Memphis, as Memphis is on the western side of Tennessee on the border with Arkansas.

Tennessee is a wide State, as is Kentucky. He was on the far eastern side of Kentucky and about an hour from Tennessee but several hours from Memphis, as Memphis is on the western side of Tennessee on the border with Arkansas.
which is why Memphis stood out to me when it was mentioned on this thread this morning.. they're not close to one another at all but I remember it being brought up before this (I'm leaning towards someone said he had family there but I cannot remember for the life of me).

SEP 12, 2024
The search for Joseph A. Couch, a former Army reservist, has used helicopters and drones equipped with infrared technology, while special response teams and trained dogs are tracking him across thousands of acres likened to a jungle. Troopers are hacking through thick vegetation with machetes and scouring the sandstone cliffsides and caves for any sign they're advancing closer.

As the hunt for the suspected gunman in an eastern Kentucky interstate shooting that left five people injured entered its sixth day, Gov. Andy Beshear said law enforcement officers will be posted at high school football games and stationed along school bus routes in an attempt to ease fear in nearby communities.

With the effects of the search rippling through the community, Beshear said they are focused on helping people feel safe until Couch is found. He said part of that is law enforcement from other parts of the state offering to come down and lend a hand while the search continues.

SEP 12, 2024
  • AC says she learned of the mass shooting when she was flooded with messages from friends and family.
  • “Honestly, my heart sunk,” AC said. “It was embarrassing.”
  • “We’ve had multiple police come to Grandma’s house, mom’s house. They’ve been everywhere looking for this man.”
  • AC says she’s received death threats online. She wants people to understand her family does not condone what her cousin is accused of doing.
  • “There’s nothing in this world that he could do that, that could’ve lead it up to it, to excuse the behavior of that what he did. There’s nothing.”

WYMT-TV is reporting that eight schools along I-75 have canceled their high school football games set for this Friday and Saturday night.

The cancelation of the football games is due to the ongoing manhunt for the I-75 mass shooting suspect.

Source:

Update: Schools Along I-75 Cancel Week Four Football Games
I hope they catch (or find his body) ASAP so the community can try to begin to heal and resume their new “normal”.

SEP 13, 2024
“This is an individual we believe is still armed (and) would be very difficult to spot,” Gov. Andy Beshear said Thursday. “We want to make sure that we don’t lose anybody throughout this.”

The search area for Joseph Couch is seen in a photo released by Kentucky State Police spokesperson Scottie Pennington on September 9, 2024.

The colossal forest spans 1,106 square miles – an area larger than Los Angeles and New York City combined.

Specifically, state police urged residents to avoid hiking and hunting in the forest as the manhunt for the suspected mass shooter prompts businesses to lock their doors to customers.

Daniel Boone National Forest has proven challenging to search teams in the past ‒ even in cases when the missing person wanted to be found. In July, search teams found Scott Hern, 48, alive after he went missing in the forest for two weeks and spent an estimated 12 days without access to food or water, according to search and rescue officials.

“Kentucky State Police continues the search for Joseph Couch and has extended the search deeper into Daniel Boone National Forest. We will continue to provide an increased patrol presence near exit 49 in Laurel County.” Tpr. Scottie Pennington, Post 11 London

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
31Deeds
Back